The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Upcoming Patch Highlights & In-Progress Updates

• kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    A workaround is not me getting killed and thus having to pay to repair my gear and pay for another soul stone. And while soul stones were very viable in your console games, in an MMO world- its just another annoyance, something else I have to do and buy when gold is scarce. And I have to give up a PRECIOUS slot to capture a soul. Create another soul stone only slot, reduce the price of soul stones or just flat out dump that system.

Check out the passive in the Soul Magic skill tree (under world).

Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Enkshar
    Enkshar
    ✭✭
    U guys know that timer may not solve this problem but end up affecting players even more. If timer is just a couple of minutes, then bot will stay in place killing the mob as fast as possible and only getting less loot but if its still decent loot it will continue killing every mob that spawns and ppl will still be unable to get enough dmg to get drop.

If timer is too long lets say 10-15 min or even more or enough to make bot change to do another thing to farm gold. Player will be able to kill boss with no problem, but how many times do blue/purples drop from first kill? So now if u really want that item ull have to wait a lot to try getting it

Also, as blue/purples will be more rare, guess what, inflation. So in the end the only ones to get fcked with this will be players, as bot will start doing something else till that gets nerf as well and so on.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smuggl3r wrote: »
    Do you really think botters are coming to the forum to discuss it?
    Yes, only they have to loose from the timer changes. I don't think any normal person considers fun standing in the same place killing the same boss over and over again.

Yes I find it fun, it's no different to running round the countryside killing monsters, I also get social interaction with other farmers. Quite often a musical interlude!
    I play the game too and rarely see any botters
    Are you kidding me? YOU RARELY SEE ANY BOTTERS IN A PUBLIC DUNGEON??? What a dumb comment.
    [/quote]

Yes I Farm and from your comments you don't, not once have I seen a bot! Thats right not once no silly names (well silly names but not qwerty)
    Quite often I even invite people to a group I do this so everyone gets credit for the kill.

This is whats called a knee jerk reaction to a perceived problem, which is not an issue in any other MMO!
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smuggl3r wrote: »
    Do you really think botters are coming to the forum to discuss it?
    Yes, only they have to loose from the timer changes. I don't think any normal person considers fun standing in the same place killing the same boss over and over again.

Yes I find it fun, it's no different to running round the countryside killing monsters, I also get social interaction with other farmers. Quite often a musical interlude!
    I play the game too and rarely see any botters
    Are you kidding me? YOU RARELY SEE ANY BOTTERS IN A PUBLIC DUNGEON??? What a dumb comment.
    [/quote]

Yes I Farm and from your comments you don't, not once have I seen a bot! Thats right not once no silly names (well silly names but not qwerty)
    Quite often I even invite people to a group I do this so everyone gets credit for the kill.

This is whats called a knee jerk reaction to a perceived problem, which is not an issue in any other MMO!
  • Arawn
    Arawn
    ✭✭✭
    Well the timer is no perfect solution.

I've got here prolly a better idea, which i did also wrote on the german part of this section. It is following, what would you say if you kill a boss and get once per day for each boss a different trophy?

That trophy can you trade in at any trophycollector that is placed in each town. For this trading do you get items and XP. Therefor while the bosses drop no longer any loot or give xp and the trophies are not tradeable with other plays. This might reduce the bossbots to zero.

Also can you extend it so that you gain new journal entries for every trophy you have found.

You can extend it also so that every trophy collector in each town gives different unique items.
    You can extend it so that the item sortiment will change on every server update.

I think this way might increase the rpg and exploring charater a lot and is definatly an effective way against the bots. Hope you like it.
    Edited by Arawn on April 15, 2014 6:16PM
  • ghoxenrwb17_ESO
    I can't wait to see all the same people complaining later that they're getting WTF pwned by the dungeon bosses now that there won't be a group there to help take them down.

This is a stupid change unless the timer is short. I personally like to stay at a boss until I get the blue item and then I leave.

That's a poor and unconvincing reason, one the devs will not listen to. Your argument does not convince the general public or the devs just how it improves the game; it merely points out that allowing you to farm up the blue item benefits you personally.

Bosses are intended to be bosses. They are not supposed to offer less of a challenge than the pack of three hidden in a corridor next to the boss that nobody camps and kills. BECAUSE the bosses were intended to offer a superior challenge than some trash mob, they drop superior loot than the trash mob.

The old system trivialises boss encounters and substantially undermines the rarity of rare items. I'm glad that a timer is implemented.
  • ghoxenrwb17_ESO
    Enkshar wrote: »
    U guys know that timer may not solve this problem but end up affecting players even more. If timer is just a couple of minutes, then bot will stay in place killing the mob as fast as possible and only getting less loot but if its still decent loot it will continue killing every mob that spawns and ppl will still be unable to get enough dmg to get drop.

If timer is too long lets say 10-15 min or even more or enough to make bot change to do another thing to farm gold. Player will be able to kill boss with no problem, but how many times do blue/purples drop from first kill? So now if u really want that item ull have to wait a lot to try getting it

Also, as blue/purples will be more rare, guess what, inflation. So in the end the only ones to get fcked with this will be players, as bot will start doing something else till that gets nerf as well and so on.

Your reasoning might have worked if blue and purples are already rare. However, right now they are common as dirt, and they sell for less than green set item pieces and blue/purple temper items from deconstruction.

One of the things that hurts an economy more than inflation is deflation.
  • jay342004b14_ESO
    Rothguard wrote: »
    Thank you for fixing the boss's in public dungeons. I requested this back in beta and I don't care who you *** off doing this! It's way too easy of a gold farm.

You're lucky you even get a chance to hit the mob. Some games have an auto-lock feature that keeps you from even engaging the mob for quest credit if somebody else tags it first. Quit crying about how it's too easy to farm gold. When boss monsters are dropping 8g/kill, nobody buys crafted crap because making an item comperable to what you can get mindlessly killing trash is impossible due to the leveling rate of enchanting, I'll gladly sit at a boss and farm for that nice pair of blue plate boots that I can't get anywhere else because of how the crafting system works.

Also, I can craft all the heavy armor/weapons I want; I just can't enchant them because enchanting is a huge POS at the moment. Maybe I would feel better about enchanting if I had 7 friends feeding me their runes for sub market value prices, but then I'd have to actively seek out people like you that are crying about how they can't hit a mob because they have the reaction speed of a cardboard box.

Public dungeon boss timers are a completely asinine "fix" to bots and a slap in the face to the people who choose to spend their time killing boss monsters rather than hoping your broken ass quest will update so we can move on with the story and get to veteran content.
  • vnlouis
    vnlouis
    Ha ha ha all these people complaining about the dungeon loot change, do they even realise how pathetic and self serving they sound. It's times like these that I can really sympathise with the devs. There is just no pleasing some people, I bet most of these whiners are either botters themselves or the very same people who were complaining because Bots were camping the same boss as them. Bottom line is camping bosses is not intended so Zenimax is make a change to prevent such behavior.
  • ketzerei84
    I can't wait to see all the same people complaining later that they're getting WTF pwned by the dungeon bosses now that there won't be a group there to help take them down.

This is a stupid change unless the timer is short. I personally like to stay at a boss until I get the blue item and then I leave.

That's a poor and unconvincing reason, one the devs will not listen to. Your argument does not convince the general public or the devs just how it improves the game; it merely points out that allowing you to farm up the blue item benefits you personally.

Bosses are intended to be bosses. They are not supposed to offer less of a challenge than the pack of three hidden in a corridor next to the boss that nobody camps and kills. BECAUSE the bosses were intended to offer a superior challenge than some trash mob, they drop superior loot than the trash mob.

The old system trivialises boss encounters and substantially undermines the rarity of rare items. I'm glad that a timer is implemented.

You understand that this is only a timer on how often you can loot the boss mobs? They aren't being made more challenging, they aren't having a timer placed on engaging. They aren't changing how who gets rewarded is calculated. So in point of fact this actually helps bots and harms players.

Consider: There are 10 bots camping a boss, you come along and go "hey I'm gonna try to get my credit". The 10 bots, all from the same gold farming company, instagank the boss. You don't get credit. They don't get any loot because of the timer, but neither do you. You stick around, same thing. Eventually you'll get one loot, probably not the one you want, and/or get bored/frustrated and leave. The bots will stay.

Putting this timer in is going to place all the resources in the hands of the bots, server prices on blue items and tempers from deconning them are going to go up, the people selling them will all be part of the gold-farming community and thus, just by playing a crafter, or buying crafted gear from a crafter, you will be supporting gold-farmers by buying materials from them, materials which have become much, much, more difficult to obtain from anywhere but purchasing them.

When you craft a full set of gear, you need a lot of tempers, the gold-farmers will be the only ones with bulk, thus they will gain large quantities of stock to sell, increasing their income, which will then encourage them to step up their activities, which will then leave players unable to progress in the game without buying gold to buy materials in bulk from gold farmers.....

It's a snowballing effect, and pretty basic economics, but basically what you're seeing here is a "fix" that's going to backfire by enabling gold-farmers to perform a hostile take-over of the game economy. This, is a bad idea. In spades.
  • elblobbob14_ESO
    elblobbob14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding Scaling the Boss.

Get 20 of your bored buddies, go to a dungeon with a popular boss, get within range. As long as it's just the 20 of you, kill the boss. If anyone else shows up, stand back and don't attack. Poor souls who just showed up are now facing a boss scaled up to 20+ players. Sit back and watch new players get destroyed. LOLZ all around.
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game needs more lockout timers.

You should only be able to loot (any mob) once per week, because having loot in the game is unfun.
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on April 15, 2014 6:26PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nudel wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »

In this case, what Brank and I are suggesting would happen is that, after being popped out into another instance where the boss has been killed, when you flip the exit switch, the dungeon is reset and you're back in a phase where the boss can spawn. Then you're in a phase where you can help your friend/brother/guildmate kill the boss.

An interesting suggestion. Wouldn't bots still be able to get around it? I see teleporting bots instantly jumping from node to node topside. Could they not use similar hacks to teleport out of the dungeon and then teleport back in? I'm genuinely asking here.
    Ah that's a good point. If bots can port around like that they may well be able to
    get back in again.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never gotten a Blue off a boss, most times just a gold or two, and a few greens.
    Same here ...

And if you are suffeciently over-levelled for the dungeon - even if you have never done the boss before you will never get a drop.

• cr4zystoner420ub17_ESO
    I believe that all of these changes are good. I have gotten sick in tired of watching people farm zombies, public dungeon bosses, ect.. There is no need for that, there is so much content in this game, stop the senseless farming. As far as the loot goes with treasure chests in dungeons now, that is a well played move in my book.
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe the best solution to the boss farming is to use phasing technology to remove the boss for someone who has killed it for 20 hours or so. That way people who come along will have a boss to kill but if you've killed it, it won't be there anymore.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wavemoore wrote: »
    I don't think the problem was people farming the bosses. The problem was the mechanic to get loot was set too high to be able to get enough damage on the boss before he died. That was the major complaint. As a sorcerer I had to be creative to get in enough damage to get loot and sometimes it took me several tries to get it.
    There is at least one boss that I solo'd several times and got maybe 2 gold much of the time and a green once. Explains why there was no bots on that boss.

• ghoxenrwb17_ESO
    ketzerei84 wrote: »

You understand that this is only a timer on how often you can loot the boss mobs? They aren't being made more challenging, they aren't having a timer placed on engaging. They aren't changing how who gets rewarded is calculated. So in point of fact this actually helps bots and harms players.

Consider: There are 10 bots camping a boss, you come along and go "hey I'm gonna try to get my credit". The 10 bots, all from the same gold farming company, instagank the boss. You don't get credit. They don't get any loot because of the timer, but neither do you. You stick around, same thing. Eventually you'll get one loot, probably not the one you want, and/or get bored/frustrated and leave. The bots will stay.

Putting this timer in is going to place all the resources in the hands of the bots, server prices on blue items and tempers from deconning them are going to go up, the people selling them will all be part of the gold-farming community and thus, just by playing a crafter, or buying crafted gear from a crafter, you will be supporting gold-farmers by buying materials from them, materials which have become much, much, more difficult to obtain from anywhere but purchasing them.

When you craft a full set of gear, you need a lot of tempers, the gold-farmers will be the only ones with bulk, thus they will gain large quantities of stock to sell, increasing their income, which will then encourage them to step up their activities, which will then leave players unable to progress in the game without buying gold to buy materials in bulk from gold farmers.....

It's a snowballing effect, and pretty basic economics, but basically what you're seeing here is a "fix" that's going to backfire by enabling gold-farmers to perform a hostile take-over of the game economy. This, is a bad idea. In spades.

You are assuming that gold sellers are stupid people. They will not do something that's not profitable enough to justify even the electricity cost, or any of the alternative method of gold making.

All your points surrounding how this promotes botting is based around the assumption that nothing further will be done about botting. Botting is bad and needs to be killed, but it needs to be done another way. Even if botters are not encouraged to farm dungeons, they will farm elsewhere and hurt the game elsewhere.

Your line of reasoning that "timer should not be implemented because it benefits the botters" is ultimately a red herring. The point of this fix is to establish a system that benefits both the players and the economy (i.e. not make rares trivial as dirt). Combating bots is an entirely different category of matters that need to target the root, rather than the symptoms.

Let's remember that it's a two step process, rather than a single step one. While at first, a single step fix may appear beneficial to the bots only. If we consider also a second step that removes bots from the equation, then what's left of the first step is purely beneficial. Remember that the update also indeed commented that they are implementing features to stop gold sellers, and that is a separate issue from delve boss timer entirely.

I suppose it's more correct to say thwarting bots is the first step (being implemented in next patch), while boss timer is the second step that's "in-progress". Does that make sense? Take a look at the patch notes. It's talking about both features that are being implemented and features that are on their way.

ADD: It's practically impossible for any gold seller or resourceful player to take over the economy in ESO. The reasons are fairly obvious, but it's due to shards and absence of global AH.
    Edited by ghoxenrwb17_ESO on April 15, 2014 6:47PM
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've hardly ever gotten a blue off a PD boss. And if I have, and it happened to be one I don't need, it was almost assuredly worthless because of the near-infinite supply of it (and let's face it, most people are not going to pay a good chunk of gold for an item they will be replacing in a few levels).

The only reason blues are of any concern to most people is the crafting mats, which are the same regardless of level (a mistake, imo... you already troll us with the lack of inventory space for other reasons, might as well make tiered improvement mats so people don't farm low lvl stuff at VR).

If you make it so you cannot salvage PD boss loot, you will have fixed the issue.
  • fatemaker80b16_ESO
    you guys need to fix the quests in coldharbour, finding the captains first mate isnt completable for 1
  • ghoxenrwb17_ESO
    I'm still an ardent believer that the best solution is simply to kill public dungeons entirely and make them all instanced.
    • Bosses will be more challenging.
    • Nobody has to worry about credit for kills.
    • No need for drop timer.
    • Drops can still be farmed by those who want to without the whole farming process being too trivial.
    • No more "breaking of immersion".

Public dungeon is a flawed concept that doesn't appear to have kept massively multiplayer in mind.

Of course, bots still need to be targeted another way. Bots will always be better at farming than players, since they are bots who don't get bored.
  • banespwnb14_ESO
    ketzerei84 wrote: »

Um, why would the bots be there if they can't get loot more than once in a given period? They aren't going to bother with it now that it will be so inefficient to farm.
  • ThatSpazChick
    ThatSpazChick
    ✭✭
    Are they fixing that frustrating problem with the Cyrodiil compass? You know how after five minutes the icons just freeze and you have to keep opening your map to know where the hell you are? I hate it so much.

Also, it doesn't show when you discover a new area on the map in Cyrodiil. IF you discover a ruin or town then open your map an icon doesn't appear. Is that intentional? If so, please stop it. I want to know where things are.
    I'm just a little kitty Khajiit who likes crafting and healing.
  • ghoxenrwb17_ESO
    -snip-

I'm glad that my way of playing doesn't involve exploiting flaws in a game's design for personal benefits. ;)

• jay342004b14_ESO
    -snip-

I'm glad that my way of playing doesn't involve exploiting flaws in a game's design for personal benefits. ;)

I'm glad my way of playing doesn't revolve around crying when I don't react fast enough or do enough damage to warrant getting credit. That would just be sad in a game where it's as easy as pointing in a general direction and clicking your mouse once....
  • Arawn
    Arawn
    ✭✭✭
    Bots live from the trading. If they have nothing to trade from the boss kills they suffer. You need be more creative and innovative in the ideas.

The idea i postet above is just a suggest that works.
    Edited by Arawn on April 15, 2014 7:09PM
  • plamillusionub17_ESO
    It's a start, at least for now while they work on other problems. They can always revisit it later and make adjustments/changes.

It's pretty clear that "farming" super fast respawns in a public non-instanced dungeon was not an intended design goal, it allowed people to farm what are supposed to be rare to semi-rare mats, blow through crafting professions and flood the market in the first week of the games life.

I've done my fair share of farming in MMO's over the last 15 or so years, and it's never been like this where you stand at a super fast respawn 2 shotting it with a dozen other people getting loot by the bagful (and rares to boot), it's usually been about killing certain mobs for a chance (usually a very low one at that) for something good, or running dungeons over and over, dungeons that needed to be cleared through to get to the loot dropping bosses.

Looks like some people are just unhappy their easy ride to level crafting and gather gold was taken away, they'll get over it and/or find another way to get what they need. The good ones will anyways, some will just whine on the forums while threatening to quit every time something they don't like happens ;)
  • dido9880ub17_ESO
    I am a bit concerned about the changes to Public Dungeon bosses simply because it says that the timer will be shared across all of the Public Dungeons. So depending on how long the timer is there is potential that a person could clear a dungeon and try to do a different one and still be on timer from the boss of the last dungeon. This strikes me as very lazy compared to there being separate timers for each dungeon. Most of these Public Dungeons are not very long and therefore do not take very long to clear to the boss. I will reserve my full opinion on the matter until the length of the timer is revealed, however it definitely causes some concern
  • plamillusionub17_ESO
    I am a bit concerned about the changes to Public Dungeon bosses simply because it says that the timer will be shared across all of the Public Dungeons. So depending on how long the timer is there is potential that a person could clear a dungeon and try to do a different one and still be on timer from the boss of the last dungeon. This strikes me as very lazy compared to there being separate timers for each dungeon. Most of these Public Dungeons are not very long and therefore do not take very long to clear to the boss. I will reserve my full opinion on the matter until the length of the timer is revealed, however it definitely causes some concern

This I agree with, hopefully it was poorly worded or they change it to be on a per dungeon basis. Those public dungeons take a few mins at most to run through, and it would be a bit of a nuisance to have to wait to run the next one.
  • ArtemisAiden
    ArtemisAiden
    Soul Shriven

@ghoxenrwb17_ESO‌

Accusing anyone who dissagrees with your point of view of being an exploiter is completely uncalled for. Farming is a part of MMO's that I, and many others, enjoy. I like finding my own gear instead of buying it. I also like being decked out in blues and purples. Camping a boss in a PD until I can get their rare item is NOT an exploit. It is just how I play. I have seen some great alternative suggestions to discourage botters, such as making the unique items BoP or even Unique so you cannot have more than one of them. These have been constructive posts unlike yours. I can respect that you disagree with our constructive feedback on a potential change. But I will call you out when you start calling an entire group of honest players "exploiters" because they play the game a certain way. These people are not powerleveling off the boss or using teleport hacks to get there. We just want to get decent gear before we leave a spawn.

TL;DR: Accusing people who farm legitimately (Not Botters or Cheaters) of being "Exploiters" is uncalled for and wrong!