We’ll be pushing a new patch during our regularly scheduled maintenance time tomorrow. The full patch notes will be available during the maintenance period, but we wanted to share the highlights with you now since they were a direct result of your feedback:
- We have fixed issues with several quests that were blocking main quest progression. Those include Crossing the Chasm, Castle of the Worm, and The Army of Meridia.
- We have fixed the issue with Liberation of Northpoint. The quest is now completable.
- We have fixed several issues with Banished Cells that were making it uncompletable.
- We have made many other quest fixes.
- We have implemented many new things to thwart gold farmers, spammers, and botters.
In addition to the fixes going live tomorrow, we want to give you a status update on some of the other hot issues we’re working on.
Missing Bank Slots, Stored Bank Items, and Skill Points
– We're continuing to investigate the issue, and are working on a fix now. As soon as the fix is ready, we will push it out to the live megaservers. Please note: This may result in a second maintenance this week and when we do push the fix, it will not be retroactive. Know that we want to make this right for all impacted—we’re still exploring options to help those who have stored items/gold, and bank slots go missing.
Long Loading Times/Social Lag
– Some people have been experiencing long loading times, guild chat lag, and other social systems lag, especially during peak times. We are aware of this and are actively investigating it. As soon as we have a fix, we will push it live.
Dungeon Treasure Chests
– Based on feedback, we are changing treasure chests in instanced dungeons so that everyone gets a piece of loot regardless of who opens the chest. This change is currently being implemented and tested internally and will be released in a future patch as soon as it’s ready. Watch the patch notes for the news.
Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters
– Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.
Thank you for continuing to share your feedback and concerns with us. We’ll continue to read and listen, and update you on known issues and their status.
Senior Community Manager (English) - The Elder Scrolls Online