The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

There is a real problem on Auriel's Bow

• Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah don't let those people that work during the evenings have any choice on what campaign to play on! Damn you late night gamers! If there are only 2 of us playing there should only be 2 of you playing! Rabble rabble rabble!

I clearly stated it wasn't an ideal solution in the comment.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on April 22, 2014 2:09PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well hot damn. I just logged into Auriel's Bow and the AD doesn't control the entire map. In fact they're in third place, and only have 3 Scrolls. It's a miracle!
    I'm sure they'll be pissed and work extra hard to zerg the map tonight, though, but damnit, we have one day where we actually have keeps in the morning for the first time in weeks!

Update: Looks like I spoke too soon, the AD have just zerged the map in record time, going from Low pop to High pop in half an hour while EP and DC are still at Low. And my Guild, about 800 people across 2 Guilds, have officially abandoned the server. We held the line all night then lost everything in an hour.
    Good luck to those of you who stay, but I have a feeling you'll be joining us soon.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on April 22, 2014 3:43PM
    NA/PC server
  • Pryda
    Pryda
    ✭✭
    Argurios wrote: »
    Just wanted to add something.

Another thing that doesn't help the pvp is these arrogant cretins that try and troll the pvp in some way or otherwise think they are 'cool kids'. Namely some members of the EP alliance. Such as yesterday, in Auriel's Bow, EP had a scroll and instead of storing it, they just went on a jolly round the map trying to lure noobs in and farm them. Or when we were attacking an AD keep, miles from any EP yet as they ran a long way across the map just to attack us and wipe us out from behind. Why? How is this AvAvA, if complete *** like Pryda think going against the way the game is intended is fun for anyone but his own arrogant self and his cronies?

I notice these things usually occur in the late night for European time zone, what a shock. Seeing as some of the buffoons i refer to are from the US. Wow, so pro, killing small groups of unorganised and/or low level people when they have minimal population for support with your veteran heavy group. Great way to gather more interest into pvp.

I know there is nothing that can be done about it by the devs etc, apart from the imbecile in question stepping outside his house for the first time in 3 weeks and realising he was just playing a video game, and he is once again nothing special.

Just best not see these people whining that not enough people play pvp in a few weeks/months, especially on Auriel's Bow.

Tears.

And it usually happens in prime time.
    Edited by Pryda on April 22, 2014 4:39PM
    Sorcerer on Auriel's Bow EU - http://www.twitch.tv/Prydatv & http://www.youtube.com/cyr9x (1-50 & VR leveling guides + PvP Videos)
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pryda wrote: »

Tears.

Not to mention the AD does that Scroll baiting/farming tactic just as often as the EP and DC do.
    NA/PC server
  • Gunsang
    Gunsang
    ✭✭✭
    There is one thing to keep in mind of--the human race is the definition of what can go wrong, will go wrong.

As an example, there had been guides released on WvW including logging on entire guilds at particular times of the day knowing very well when the other realms were asleep. At this point in time, I have no doubt that people do this on purpose, especially in Auriel's Bow.

People WILL take advantage of it on purpose, they WILL take advantage of numbers and abusive/borderline exploits including sabotage of own factions. Human nature is not one of those excuses when you have a brain and a conscious thought or an idea of what foresight is. They're simply every reason to avoid them outside of pvp when they show off their true selves like that--and I'm not saying EP (my home faction) doesn't have it's own faults, for me, I just hate them less... er. :s

"A" viable solution would be reducing the number of campaigns to bring in more people around the clock, but there has to be a balance between too many and too few of those times, and Zenimax likely has to get some data first before making those decisions on how to focus the time zones together.

Scroll fix could be a timer of some sort... a reasonable time from one map side to the other. One timer for carry that drops, one timer for reset when loose for too long (in total?).

I might be following @Lord_Draevan out of here though. Can't say I'm too proud of being in this campaign, for more then just the above reasons.
    Edited by Gunsang on April 22, 2014 6:01PM
    Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have. - Thomas Hildern
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gunsang wrote: »
    There is one thing to keep in mind of--the human race is the definition of what can go wrong, will go wrong.

As an example, there had been guides released on WvW including logging on entire guilds at particular times of the day knowing very well when the other realms were asleep. At this point in time, I have no doubt that people do this on purpose, especially in Auriel's Bow.

People WILL take advantage of it on purpose, they WILL take advantage of numbers and abusive/borderline exploits including sabotage of own factions.

I also have no doubt this is done on purpose, for every faction, not Just AD. Most EP and DC will log in to Bloodthorn/Wabbajack, both of which it's been a spectacular war with the DC ever since the Vokudein EP Guild joined in, EP to Goldbrand/Hopesfire (where we're winning by a large margin), AD to Dawnbreaker/Auriel's Bow since they're winning by a wide margin on both. People want to go to servers where they're winning and avoid ones where they're getting decimated daily or are vastly outnumbered. This is understandable to me. AD players call us "***" for avoiding losing servers, yet ignore the fact that they also avoid ones where they're losing like Bloodthorn, Hopesfire, Chrysamere and Skullcrusher. You might find a few dozen AD people there, but the vast majority of thousands of them are on Dawnbreaker or Auriel's Bow.

All three factions do this, neither can claim the moral high ground on this topic.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on April 25, 2014 5:13PM
    NA/PC server
  • Gunsang
    Gunsang
    ✭✭✭
    All three factions do this, neither can claim the moral high ground on this topic.

I agree. The only thing that has kept me even in the campaign is the silly conversations of hash browns on EP side and how they occasionally put the foot down on defending against all odds and even pushing back.

I'm looking for a good three-way fight for the purposes of AP flow and PvP rank experience, but I'll at least settle for two if I must. Checking into those when my guest timer comes around.
    Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have. - Thomas Hildern
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gunsang wrote: »

I agree. The only thing that has kept me even in the campaign is the silly conversations of hash browns on EP side and how they occasionally put the foot down on defending against all odds and even pushing back.

I'm looking for a good three-way fight for the purposes of AP flow and PvP rank experience, but I'll at least settle for two if I must. Checking into those when my guest timer comes around.

Ah yes, Horsephysics and company's breakfast discussion in Zone Chat... always good for a laugh.

If you want a good three-way fight, I hear Wabbajack has been quite intense since the EP Vet Guild Vokudein joined in, and neither side goes above Low pop in the wee hours of the morning.
    NA/PC server
  • RabidJoint
    I think its funny they keep putting the same guy to Emporer on AD side...there is still 60 odd days left for this campaign, as we DC keep switching it out, it'll give us the advantage over you guys in the end...keep thinking you are tough *** AD, but remember who gets face rolled all throughout the day =]

oh and im sure if we had enough going throughout the night, we would easily beat you guys, AD is full of all the rejects and kids who want "easy mode" by zerging...come over to DC or EP, do as good as you are when you have 300 people following you but with our numbers, you get to speak once that happens =]
    Edited by RabidJoint on April 22, 2014 8:24PM
  • savak
    savak
    ✭✭
    Why not buff the hell out of underpopulated players so each is like a mini raid boss and buff NPC guards so that if people want to take over a map when the opposition is low, at least it is a challenge. Pve raids and mini player bosses at night transition into full PvP war in the evening. Both content modes would be difficult and worthy of achievement if emperor is attained.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RabidJoint wrote: »
    I think its funny they keep putting the same guy to Emporer on AD side...there is still 60 odd days left for this campaign, as we DC keep switching it out, it'll give us the advantage over you guys in the end...keep thinking you are tough *** AD, but remember who gets face rolled all throughout the day =]

oh and im sure if we had enough going throughout the night, we would easily beat you guys, AD is full of all the rejects and kids who want "easy mode" by zerging...come over to DC or EP, do as good as you are when you have 300 people following you but with our numbers, you get to speak once that happens =]

To be fair, the only tactic I see is zerging, on all 3 sides. The AD isn't the only one who does this. Sure, you'll occasionally see a group or two sneak around to cap resources or cut off Transitus by taking a keep, maybe do some flanking, but most of the time it's zerg vs zerg. I hate being outnumbered by the AD and getting rolled over by a massive zerg as much as anyone, but to say they're the only ones who do it is false.
    NA/PC server
  • wnwtan
    wnwtan

Don't just say it, do it. Gather your peeps.
  • Sylvanna
    Sylvanna

Another thing that doesn't help the pvp is these arrogant cretins that try and troll the pvp in some way or otherwise think they are 'cool kids'. Namely some members of the EP alliance. Such as yesterday, in Auriel's Bow, EP had a scroll and instead of storing it, they just went on a jolly round the map trying to lure noobs in and farm them. Or when we were attacking an AD keep, miles from any EP yet as they ran a long way across the map just to attack us and wipe us out from behind. Why? How is this AvAvA, if complete *** like Pryda think going against the way the game is intended is fun for anyone but his own arrogant self and his cronies?

I notice these things usually occur in the late night for European time zone, what a shock. Seeing as some of the buffoons i refer to are from the US. Wow, so pro, killing small groups of unorganised and/or low level people when they have minimal population for support with your veteran heavy group. Great way to gather more interest into pvp.

I know there is nothing that can be done about it by the devs etc, apart from the imbecile in question stepping outside his house for the first time in 3 weeks and realising he was just playing a video game, and he is once again nothing special.

Just best not see these people whining that not enough people play pvp in a few weeks/months, especially on Auriel's Bow.

Tears.

Oh hey it's Pryda!
  • Genev
    Genev
    ✭✭
    Sylvanna wrote: »

Tears.

Oh hey it's Pryda!
    Or as people on EU AB know him as "Oh god, not this *** again"
    :D
  • shirorxb14_ESO
    I wish NA Pact was cool like EU Pact.
    Raiya Sunrazor - Imperial Sorcerer - Auriel's Bow
  • SilentThunder
    SilentThunder
    ✭✭
    Some of you posting about the EU AB might want to take a look at the OP, this is about NA AB not EU. As to the comment about the same person being emperor all the time. There's not much we can do to change that when one person is somehow playing 24/7 and has over 1 mill AP lead. Personally I think Emperor should rotate between the top 5 or 10 AP holders to counter things like that
    Saving you or sending you since 2001
    "The light is strong and man is weak and the world walks in-between" R. Trower
  • thefreezingvoid
    wnwtan wrote: »

Don't just say it, do it. Gather your peeps.

You say it like its so simple?
    Its about as easy as getting your fair weather players to leave AD. Oh wait, think you said thats not going to happen.
    I seriously doubt there is enough EP or DC PvP players during the night time to equal AD's forces on AB, since no campaign other than AB ever gets above 1 bar.

If you want competition, it would be much simpler if you got some of your AD guilds to just reroll EP or DC. Otherwise we can only assume you like to be part of the team that wins through numbers.

Not hating on AD or anything, just stating facts. There is not enough DC or EP pvp players to even begin competing with that gigantic horde you guys got going on in the wee hours of the NA.

Edited by thefreezingvoid on April 23, 2014 2:27AM
  • Sylvanna
    Sylvanna
    Interesting night. All 3 factions medium pop. from 7-9pm GMT+8 Good fights all around.

Currently 9.20pm GMT+8 and AD has gone up to high whilst EP/DC are at medium each. AD still outnumbered because 2v1!

Edit: As soon as I tabbed back in to check the pop again, AD goes down to medium, so AD pop is hovering between medium and high.

This must be one of those rare, ideal nights.
  • garethnixonsb16_ESO
    AD back to High on AB.

Zerged through DC and EP like it was nothing to capture all of the Emperor keeps in under an hour.

DC/EP weren't fighting each other at all while this was going on. They basically just steamrolled through both factions with two separate mega zergs.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the second day in a row, I wake up, log in, and see that AD doesn't hold all Keeps or Scrolls. EP had 5 Keeps and 1 Scroll, DC 6 Keeps and 2 Scrolls, AD 7 Keeps and 3 Scrolls. Hell, the populations were all at Medium too! Even at noon things were fairly even, though the AD went to High. Maybe AD players are getting bored of ridiculously easy victories and are going elsewhere to look for a good fight.
    Definitely going to keep an eye on this.
    NA/PC server
  • Sylvanna
    Sylvanna
    AD back to High on AB.

Zerged through DC and EP like it was nothing to capture all of the Emperor keeps in under an hour.

DC/EP weren't fighting each other at all while this was going on. They basically just steamrolled through both factions with two separate mega zergs.

Sorry, but the last Emperor keep, Aleswell, was taken by a small group of 20 of us, right before DC took Fort Ash. Populations were High vs Medium vs Medium. I'd say everything tonight up until 12-1am GMT+8 was fair game.

We had a ton of fun as well, when it was Medium across all factions since 7pm GMT+8.

P.S. <3 Xlayer and Finwe Nol + gang from DC

Edit: I hope this keeps up every night.
    Edited by Sylvanna on April 23, 2014 5:56PM
  • Marstar
    Marstar
    AD back to High on AB.

The 20man SYN group might roll through you like a freight train, but that's hardly a 'mega zerg'.

We outmaneuvered you all night and took the Last Keep (Aleswell) on our own quicker than you could cap Fort Ash to Crown MAKI Emp.

Hopefully tomorrow night you can stop us because some of the battles were epic (and fun).

• Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marstar wrote: »
    AD back to High on AB.

The 20man SYN group might roll through you like a freight train, but that's hardly a 'mega zerg'.

We outmaneuvered you all night and took the Last Keep (Aleswell) on our own quicker than you could cap Fort Ash to Crown MAKI Emp.

Hopefully tomorrow night you can stop us because some of the battles were epic (and fun).

I wish EP had some epic 20-24 player Vet groups like SYN... :#
    NA/PC server
  • garethnixonsb16_ESO
    AD back to High on AB.

Pretty sure we're talking about something completely different here.

We weren't rolled by 20 people we were rolled by 200+ on the EP side alone when we could barely fill three groups.

The last keep to fall was BPK not Aleswell.

• orangez0630rwb17_ESO
    orangez0630rwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    AD back to High on AB.

We weren't rolled by 20 people we were rolled by 200+ on the EP side alone when we could barely fill three groups.

YUP, he is talking about NA's, and you're talking about EU. ^^ cheers. yup topic header was not clear. actually all along we're all talking about NA
  • Sylvanna
    Sylvanna
    AD back to High on AB.

It seems that you're on EU, I'm on NA and that we're talking about different things indeed.
  • Reiii
    Reiii
    AD back to High on AB.

This thread has always been about Auriel's Bow NA. You in the wrong place?
    Edited by Reiii on April 23, 2014 6:51PM
  • garethnixonsb16_ESO
    AD back to High on AB.

YUP, he is talking about NA's, and you're talking about EU. ^^ cheers. yup topic header was not clear. actually all along we're all talking about NA

Actually I'm talking about NA.

I'm playing on NA right now.

• Sylvanna
    Sylvanna
    AD back to High on AB.

Actually I'm talking about NA.

I'm playing on NA right now.

Then the last keep that we took to crown Maki emperor was Aleswell. We capped it like barely 30s before DC took Fort Ash. then immediately called it a night as it was getting late (1am) for us. Well, didn't hold it for long in the end. DC are out in full force tonight!
  • RivenEsq
    RivenEsq
    ✭✭✭✭
    So much complaining in here. PLEASE, I beg of you, just go ask other Oceanic guilds on your factions to play on Auriel's Bow. It's clear that our Oceanic population has nowhere else to go, so start being part of the solution instead of going "oh wow they took our keeps, must be mindless zerglings amiright? lolololol."
    Cheers,
    Ryan "RivenEsq" Reynolds
    CEO & Founder of [KG] Knight Gaming
    @RivenEsq