The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

There is a real problem on Auriel's Bow

• speedlazerub17_ESO
    Yup, 12pm and just like every weekday, AD has EVERY FREAKING SCROLL. This campaign is grossly unbalanced, and anyone who doesn't recognize that is probably an AD player.
  • ritsuko
    ritsuko
    Play for the fights, not the scoreboard.. There's no win or loss.
    Synapse - SEA/Oceanic Hardcore PvP/RvR
    www.synapse-guild.com
  • shirorxb14_ESO
    ritsuko wrote: »

Easy attitude to have when you login to take scrolls unopposed. Feel free to login at 8pm est time and try the same crap.

Raiya Sunrazor - Imperial Sorcerer - Auriel's Bow
  • RivenEsq
    RivenEsq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, 12pm and just like every weekday, AD has EVERY FREAKING SCROLL. This campaign is grossly unbalanced, and anyone who doesn't recognize that is probably an AD player.

You know that during early East Coast afternoon time on the campaign, DC is usually crushing it, pushing us back to our spawn or last 2 keeps (BB and BM) right?

Because it sounds like you are complaining about us having numbers during part of the day same as DC does.

I've actually been talking to guilds from that time zone on DC and EP to try and get them to transfer to AB so that we have more even fights. Probably a hell of a lot more work than you've done to balance things seeing as you'd rather complain on the forums than do anything to fix the issue.
    Cheers,
    Ryan "RivenEsq" Reynolds
    CEO & Founder of [KG] Knight Gaming
    @RivenEsq
  • shirorxb14_ESO
    Randomixx wrote: »
    Or simply prevent the number of off-continent people allowed to play on NA campaigns.

People from that region should have their own server. Not play on ours.
    Edited by shirorxb14_ESO on April 21, 2014 5:53PM
  • shirorxb14_ESO
    RivenVII wrote: »

You know that during early East Coast afternoon time on the campaign, DC is usually crushing it, pushing us back to our spawn or last 2 keeps (BB and BM) right?

Because it sounds like you are complaining about us having numbers during part of the day same as DC does.

I've actually been talking to guilds from that time zone on DC and EP to try and get them to transfer to AB so that we have more even fights. Probably a hell of a lot more work than you've done to balance things seeing as you'd rather complain on the forums than do anything to fix the issue.

How noble. Where's your cross?
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really do not understand why the EP players have a problem with overpopulation of AD during the europe night times. During the europe day/afternoon EP seems regularly the strongest force and also EP is in lead with points overal by a large margin.
  • RivenEsq
    RivenEsq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or simply prevent the number of off-continent people allowed to play on NA campaigns.

Oceanics seldom have a server of their own, in MMOs especially. They can barely fill one campaign in cyrodiil during there primetime. They do not have the natural population that exists in EU or NA server. Thus, they play on ours. It is nothing short of ignorant to blame them for living somewhere else in the world or use the fallacious term of "nightcapping". It is daytime for them and they are just trying to play the game. It is the prerogative of the other factions to provide competition for them and these sort of off-hours fights to NA people have been in existence for well over a decade.
    Cheers,
    Ryan "RivenEsq" Reynolds
    @RivenEsq
  • shirorxb14_ESO

Oceanics seldom have a server of their own, in MMOs especially. They can barely fill one campaign in cyrodiil during there primetime. They do not have the natural population that exists in EU or NA server. Thus, they play on ours. It is nothing short of ignorant to blame them for living somewhere else in the world or use the fallacious term of "nightcapping". It is daytime for them and they are just trying to play the game. It is the prerogative of the other factions to provide competition for them and these sort of off-hours fights to NA people have been in existence for well over a decade.

Too bad, Australia has better beaches and crappy MMO support. Oceanic server for oceanic players.
  • beravinprb19_ESO
    beravinprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Too bad, Australia has better beaches and crappy MMO support. Oceanic server for oceanic players.

As an Australian gamer, you have fun with that. I seriously doubt they'll set up servers here, as it would not be profitable for them to do so. This is normal for most games.
    Edited by beravinprb19_ESO on April 21, 2014 7:11PM
  • shirorxb14_ESO

As an Australian gamer, you have fun with that. I seriously doubt they'll set up servers here, simply because it would not be profitable for them to do so.

Which is bad. They should either fully support the region on lock out IPs from the area.
  • wnwtan
    wnwtan

Which is bad. They should either fully support the region on lock out IPs from the area.

With an attitude like that, no wonder the Oceanic/SEA players on whatever faction you come from don't wish to help out in AB.

• shirorxb14_ESO
    wnwtan wrote: »

With an attitude like that, no wonder the Oceanic/SEA players on whatever faction you come from don't wish to help out in AB.

Don't want any of them. Our faction or otherwise.
  • Sylvanna
    Sylvanna

Easy attitude to have when you login to take scrolls unopposed. Feel free to login at 8pm est time and try the same crap.

You're TOTALLY missing the point here. Did you even understand what Ritsuko is saying?

"Play for the fights, not the scoreboard"

Let me break it down for you if you can't even infer what he meant from that simple phrase:

We don't give a *** under what circumstances we're fighting. Do you think we'd rather not login at 8pm est and have fun fighting actual people? All we want to do is have fun PvPing, not PvDooring. Did you actually REALLY think that the Oceanics want to fight NPCs, and steal scrolls uncontested?

There is only one phrase suitable to describe your egotistical attitude: "Frog in the well".

You aren't even contributing to the discussion here, so I highly suggest you'd better stop.
    Edited by Sylvanna on April 21, 2014 7:28PM
  • shirorxb14_ESO
    It's difficult to take your intentions seriously when you say something here and do the complete opposite in game. Go transfer to Bloodthorn with their tiny AD population and maybe add a little to your credibility. Right now you just talk a big game here then do the opposite when you get to cyro.

You dummies cant say you dont care about the score then go out of your way to take six scrolls a night instead of fighting people.

Like I said, log your guild in at 8pm est and try the same gameplay.

Maybe if players from your region took the initiative you would get your own pvp campaign. Why is it that European players have enough brains to push for servers in their region but not you guys?
    Edited by shirorxb14_ESO on April 21, 2014 8:16PM
  • Sylvanna
    Sylvanna
    It's difficult to take your intentions seriously when you say something here and do the complete opposite in game. Go transfer to Bloodthorn with their tiny AD population and maybe add a little to your credibility. Right now you just talk a big game here then do the opposite when you get to cyro.

You dummies cant say you dont care about the score then go out of your way to take six scrolls a night instead of fighting people.

Like I said, log your guild in at 8pm est and try the same gameplay.

Maybe if players from your region took the initiative you would get your own pvp campaign. Why is it that European players have enough brains to push for servers in their region but not you guys?

You still don't get it? Want me to printscreen the Oceanic timezone populations on all NA campaigns for you?
    Sylvanna wrote: »
    Mobius0 wrote: »
    Redsun wrote: »
    Another night of AD taking everything unopposed. Such great competition.

Quite literally every other Alliance on every other Campaign on NA at 1/3 bars of population except Bow AD at a full 3. Such balance, wow.

Its a megaserver. I would expect at least one campaign with full 3 alliance. Its not AD faults. Blame EP and DC for being ***.

Actually, I feel that the ones who choose to fight in a campaign where they steamroll the competition due to having such greater numbers, are the ***. That includes Synapse, and whoever else doesn't switch to a more balanced campaign, or to a campaign that needs help.

Have you actually seen the population of the entire NA megaserver during our primetime?

AB:
    AD - Full
    EP - Low
    DC - Low

Everywhere else:
    AD - Low
    EP - Low
    DC - Low

Please do enlighten where we can move to. It's not that we don't want to move, we'd gladly move to wherever such opposition exists. We guested in Wabbajack tonight, entire map was blue. Capped a few keeps, took a scroll, met minimal resistance. That was with our group of 16 people. A DC dominated campaign offered near zero resistance. If we wanted to, we could've flipped the entire map yellow and taken all 6 scrolls, but where's the fun in that?

The real issue isn't even about the amount of AD on Auriel's Bow. This is the NA MEGASERVER. It's the disturbing disappearance (or lack thereof) of EP/DC during this timezone. There isn't a single balanced campaign right now nor any campaign that needs help because wherever we move to, we'd just flat out "steamroll" the <50 people online in every faction/campaign.

P.S. we've never had more than 24 people in Cyrodiil at any point of time.

Edit: Maybe, just maybe, somehow all the Oceanics only rolled on AD. Or they're all on EU servers. /shrug

Last edit:
    MrDDT wrote: »
    I agree, Ritsuko. I believe that it would be better for everyone if they made a queue based on the ratio of population not just capping out the total per faction. This would make it more fun for people that are having huge odds type times, and also promote people to goto servers that are more balanced.

I actually like your idea. This could help to spread out the ridiculous AB AD pop into other servers, but only if there were actually opposition for these people to fight (see above).

Of course, if you've even been following this thread properly, you would've known that already. The real problem isn't even with the overwhelming lack of AD Oceanic pop. It's the underwhelming lack of pop EVERYWHERE else.

Also, suggesting that Oceanics log in at 8pm est (8am-10am our time) is the stupidest idea ever. Why don't you suggest that your NA guilds login at 8pm SGT? That'd probably solve all the "nightcapping" issues. Oh wait.

Edit: Well, that's the last time I'm probably going to entertain you and your selfish, racist ideologies. If you still don't understand the real issue on AB, then you need to stay out of this discussion on how to improve the situation in AB.
    Edited by Sylvanna on April 21, 2014 8:45PM
  • thefreezingvoid
    I wouldn't blaim AD for causing the imbalance, at least not the faction as a whole.

They just happen to have more organized pvp groups during that particular timezone. They also have a lot of the fair weathers that join just so they can be part of the winning team. You can blaim the fair weather to a certain extent, but the fair weathers do not represent their faction.

At the moment, there is the appearance that AD is just winning by numbers. That may be true, that may not. But unless the server pops become more balanced, there is no way to know. Certainly, there are many skilled players from AD during this time zone, that I will not deny.

Ultimately the fault lies not on the players, but on Zenimax themselves, for the way they decided to implement the pop cap system.

I fight it very irritation the way zenimax decided to handle the population caps for cyrodil. It would be much better for everyone if the pop caps were dynamic, based on current populations rather than a static number.

This is the same thing that caused me to lose interest in Guild Wars 2 WvW, and unless it is addressed by zenimax will cause ESO AvA to go the same way. (Granted the last time I played GW2 was last December.)

Sure queue's suck. But eventually the hardcore pvp guild will will move to less over populated servers, so they can pvp in peace.

If they just did that, one might see more even pop distributions among the campaigns. If the AD of AB were forced to go to other campaigns to avoid the queue times, then one might find far less DC dominated queue's. Some may even decide to reroll on a different faction to serve the same ends.

However that is just my opinion.

Edited by thefreezingvoid on April 21, 2014 9:02PM
  • Awe
    Awe
    ✭✭✭
    shame on AD in this campaine. lowest creatures
    putting a spy in DC and bringing scroll from us to them, that's in short polite form of what they did
    Edited by ZOS_SandraF on April 22, 2014 12:01AM
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    what they should do is get rid of some campaigns and that way more people would have to go to other campaigns
  • Awe
    Awe
    ✭✭✭
    Edit more, i will post names of such ppl, - 1 customer pretty soon for you, unless you start thinking, WHY is post made, WHAT REASON HAS IT.
    And if you support abusive behavior in game, by allowing scamers and etc to stay unnamed on your forum, my place is not here. btw, will find other place where to write names.
    with disrespect to sandaf .
    Edited by Awe on April 22, 2014 12:39AM
  • RivenEsq
    RivenEsq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awe wrote: »
    shame on AD in this campaine. lowest creatures
    putting a spy in DC and bringing scroll from us to them, that's in short polite form of what they did

Lol. Because it's totally the fault of our whole campaign population that it happened. /sarcasm

That is clearly the actions of one person or a couple people and nothing else, especially not the decision or wish of the rest of us that just want good PvP. We had a scroll troll ourselves last week. Just write a ticket, take a screenshot, and report them. We'd like them banned as much as you and they will get banned. They can't waste 60 dollars every time they want to troll forever.

Stop demonizing AD here and realize that we want even populations during that time zone as much as anyone! I'd love for the scores to be within 1k of each other all the time. It adds tension and competition to the campaign. Go try and get other DC and EP guilds during later hours to play on AB. If there aren't enough players to go around all 10 campaigns, the least we can do is have one really good one for people that play during off hours.

and shirorxb14_ESO, I have met very few people as clearly clueless as you. Make sure you stay in the shallow end of the gene pool and leave the rest of us alone.
    Edited by RivenEsq on April 22, 2014 12:55AM
    Cheers,
    Ryan "RivenEsq" Reynolds
    @RivenEsq
  • RabidJoint
    AD relys on mass zerging for a reason...that youtube video proves why!
  • wnwtan
    wnwtan
    RabidJoint wrote: »
    AD relys on mass zerging for a reason...that youtube video proves why!

Zerging gets alot more stuff done than what you just posted. #fact

• Argurios
    Argurios
    ✭✭
    Just wanted to add something.

Another thing that doesn't help the pvp is these arrogant cretins that try and troll the pvp in some way or otherwise think they are 'cool kids'. Namely some members of the EP alliance. Such as yesterday, in Auriel's Bow, EP had a scroll and instead of storing it, they just went on a jolly round the map trying to lure noobs in and farm them. Or when we were attacking an AD keep, miles from any EP yet as they ran a long way across the map just to attack us and wipe us out from behind. Why? How is this AvAvA, if complete *** like Pryda think going against the way the game is intended is fun for anyone but his own arrogant self and his cronies?

I notice these things usually occur in the late night for European time zone, what a shock. Seeing as some of the buffoons i refer to are from the US. Wow, so pro, killing small groups of unorganised and/or low level people when they have minimal population for support with your veteran heavy group. Great way to gather more interest into pvp.

I know there is nothing that can be done about it by the devs etc, apart from the imbecile in question stepping outside his house for the first time in 3 weeks and realising he was just playing a video game, and he is once again nothing special.

Just best not see these people whining that not enough people play pvp in a few weeks/months, especially on Auriel's Bow.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the test first, the lesson after... "

Argurios Ultor - Imperial Templar
    Caradoc Coldblade - Redguard Nightblade
    - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    My issue with the campaigns and night-capping is that gives distorted rewards to the side that can do it.

Example map gets turned one colour between 2am-4am and that faction starts scoring big until people wake up and start to rebalance the map.

As the day progresses and populations fill up you get fairly balanced fighting which makes for slow recapping.

Gets to primetime and the two beaten up factions join forces and push back the dominant one. Scoring by this point tend to equalise and usually the beaten up factions will be scoring slightly more.

If you look at the 24 hour period as a whole the night capping side gets 12+ hours of high scoring for 2 hours work. There's just no way to compete unless you do the same.

It's also very frustrating to spend 6 hours playing primetime to see your side make hard fought gains, only to wake up next morning and stare at a map full of the wrong colour. Kind of makes me think why bother.

Hopefully they will have some campaigns with rules next time:-
    Personally I'd like to see 48hour weekend campaigns where first to crown wins or if no one crowned then faction with most scrolls or keeps. The current 90days highest score wins when the last 60days are mostly irrelevant bore me to the point of PVEing instead.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think there needs to be a temp treaty system, when one alliance is dominating the others, or has emperor, things get harder for them by having the other two become allies until a certian amount of the ruling factions keeps are taken, allowing the 1v1v1 to resume.
  • MrDDT
    MrDDT
    ✭✭✭
    i think there needs to be a temp treaty system, when one alliance is dominating the others, or has emperor, things get harder for them by having the other two become allies until a certian amount of the ruling factions keeps are taken, allowing the 1v1v1 to resume.

This is a horrid idea, and doesn't fix the issue when 1 side has 3x more than the other 2 combined.

1 side should not be punished for doing well, they should be held to a ratio of players the other sides have though.

Taking the Emperor, or Scrolls give bonus and buffs for a reason, making it so those buffs make you weaker is counter productive.
  • Marstar
    Marstar

Easy attitude telling us to log on during your timezone to "try the same crap". How about you log in during ours and we feed it to you fresh? ;)
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, the easiest solution to this is population balancing. For example, if one faction is at Low (i.e less than 100), another faction should not be allowed to go to High or Full (i.e 700-800). Not an ideal solution, but it's the only one that could work.
    I know skill counts, but if you're 30 players, even if you're all organised in a group on teamspeak, when 400 AD come charging over the hill, there is NOTHING you can do. You're screwed.
    Oh, and to the person who bitched at the EP on Auriel's Bow for using the Scroll they captured as a lure to "farm noobs"... guess what? AD has done that several times now. They even threw the Scroll carrier into a slaughterfish river so we couldn't pick it up without dying. We did in the end thanks to a fluke, but still. Every faction has ***.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • rudyphill_ESO
    rudyphill_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah don't let those people that work during the evenings have any choice on what campaign to play on! Damn you late night gamers! If there are only 2 of us playing there should only be 2 of you playing! Rabble rabble rabble!