The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

There is a real problem on Auriel's Bow

• Azzerhodenub17_ESO
    The simple fact is that regardless of what faction you are in, when you start to lose consistently you are going to find a server where you are winning. Even those of us who don't care about losing a fight get tired of getting base camped. It's not fun, and no one here is going to login and play a game where they are not having fun.

It would seem easiest to me to utilize the tools that are already in the game by boosting those undermanned sides with additional NPC guards, stats on those guards, and players.

Otherwise you are going to see a constant campaign switching by all factions seeking to win more fights and avoid fighting hopeless battles.

Fighting against all odds makes for great stories by those who never had to fight them. I am sure those who were actually involved would have preferred something far easier than an 'epic fight' for the ages.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The simple fact is that regardless of what faction you are in, when you start to lose consistently you are going to find a server where you are winning. Even those of us who don't care about losing a fight get tired of getting base camped. It's not fun, and no one here is going to login and play a game where they are not having fun.

^This. All 3 factions do it.
    AD wins consistently on Auriel's Bow: EP and DC leave.
    DC wins consistently on Bloodthorn: EP and AD leave.
    EP wins consistently on Wabbajack: AD and DC leave.
    Though Bloodthorn and Wabbajack are seeing comebacks, unlike Auriel's. Probably because their populations stay much more balanced during NA off hours.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on May 12, 2014 6:13PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Makii
    Makii
    Warz wrote: »
    Yes I can imagine when you account share and leave it online 24/7 Makii that isn't hard to pull off
    Your imagination sure runs wild. That's a common excuse, any more innovative ones?
    Edited by Makii on May 12, 2014 11:15PM
  • Gunsang
    Gunsang
    ✭✭✭
    I think everyone needs to calm down, for one.

Directly accusing individuals isn't going to result in anything honest from either side, so why bother? Makii or whomever else these people are are not the issue... at all. He does what he wants to and we do what we want to, and I'm pretty sure most of us can move on without a care in the world about what he does. Hell, most of the time I can bet people don't even notice him or anyone else--because they're just here to play.

People WILL do the -worst- things. Factions WILL stack, because people are stupid as all hell. If they stack and you don't like it? Leave. Let the responsibility fall on their heads if they're not going to do anything about it.

I'm sorry, but you people need to get up and start solving your own problems until Zenimax decides to balance. I'm sure they have enough feedback by now.

Also thanks @Lord_Draevan for that Wabbajack recommendation. Much more fun then Auriel's Bow. I hope that stacking guilds and factions stay in their own campaigns until they learn the responsibility of balance. Things are slowly steadying out for all factions.
    Edited by Gunsang on May 12, 2014 11:37PM
    Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have. - Thomas Hildern
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gunsang wrote: »
    Factions WILL stack, because people are stupid as all hell. If they stack and you don't like it? Leave. Let the responsibility fall on their heads if they're not going to do anything about it.

Leaving for Wabbajack/Bloodthorn was the ideal solution for AD 24/7 stacking. I found it hilarious when some AD person called us "[snip]" for leaving Auriel's... bitching at us for not leaving a server we're winning on when he was unwilling to do the exact same thing.

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.jpg

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on June 20, 2014 3:30PM
    NA/PC server
  • RedneckKalashnikovb14_ESO
    Yeah, I was on that server all day, not only was the EP outnumbered but very disorganized. I just stuck with it anyways, I wasn't going to be a quitter, I had no idea those bars meant server population lol I thought they meant how strong the connection was on that server haha.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... Auriel's Bow was at Low pop for all three factions today between 9am-1pm EST, when every day before AD had been at the very least Medium. Maybe just a rare fluke, or are the AD players finally un-stacking?
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on May 14, 2014 7:12PM
    NA/PC server
  • Mends_from_Shadows
    Auriel's Bow is the *** Titanic right now. Everyone is jumping ship because AB is turning into a ghost town.

So in conclusion: There is another real serious problem on Auriel's Bow.
    Cyrodiil Issues as of 6/3/2014
    - Massive Lag since Craglorn patch.(Still bad lag on "Laggajack" NA and some other campaigns.)
    - Forward Camps and other Siege bugging out frequently
    - Caltrops granting Immunity to Siege Weapon Damage
    - Massive Faction Imbalances in Most Campaigns / Several Dead Campaigns
    - Mercenary Mage Spam (sometimes causing them to go invulnerable)
    - Players exploiting Keeps/Scrolls through DK Chain Pulls to go around defenses

Yay Zenimax is doing things.
  • zoetaz1616
    zoetaz1616
    ✭✭
    I'm DC on AB. 10 or 15 of us held a keep for hours against repeated AD zergs. I ain't scared. I would like a fight that is more even, like 10 to 1 instead of 30 to1 though. I guested on Bloodthorn and found it boring to be on the overpopulated side. Hard to find enemy to kill.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck to you DC guys remaining on AB, EP got tired of the AD zergs and left. Sadly the AD will never stop dominating this campain, they want the zone buffs for PvE from map control. The second you start taking this away from them they will just lock pop and zerg you down...

The AD that enjoy a more even fight have left, only PvErs remain

R.I.P. AB
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #BringBackAurielsBow
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannimarco wuz here
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. This necro kicks me right in the nostalgia feels.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP the best time i ever had in this game.