The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

There is a real problem on Auriel's Bow

• orangez0630rwb17_ESO
    orangez0630rwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    MrDDT wrote: »
    2 problems are here, that I can see.

1)The way to get around the lock out number (it should be 666, but I've seen over 1000 in it for 1 faction abusing this system)
    2)Too many campaigns. If the over populated faction had to sit in a queue, people would stop trying to goto the zerg faction due to wait timers. Having said that, if the queue timer is more than 10 to 15mins, it's clearly to long and other compaigns need to open.

Hi, sorry, was still waiting for your response of the addon while I was doing some searching in the interweb and found out this articles, not sure if can post link, here, Its about ZeniMax Online Studios' Matt Firor, who acted as the director on Elder Scrolls Online;

"We will have two megaservers – one for North American players, and one for European players, although you will be able to create characters on both if you wish. The game's PvP area (Cyrodiil) has a population limit of about 1800 players per campaign, but we'll have many campaigns running simultaneously."

so says 3 factions, divided by 3, about +- 600 players each & you seen actual over 1000 in it for 1 faction. damnnnn it's has to be an bug/abusive exploit etc like you mentioned.

This is serious, so yeah, need that addon to take some screenshot and submit some bug exploit to dev/gm once the server is up, for the benefits of the game! (or maybe they are actually stealth fixing it hehe, lets just pray to it, if it's fixed then lets all have an equal footage on war in cyrodiil. If not, we have to get some ZoS attention to it asap!)

/cheers
    For the love of the game.
  • Argurios
    Argurios
    ✭✭
    I thought there was Auriel's Bow EU and Auriel's Bow US? Am i wrong, is it combined? If so i find it annoying, not because of the population that is or isn't playing at any one time, but because of that lag factor when playing against people who live next to the servers as opposed to across the Atlantic Ocean.

The populations will always be an issue, id rather it stayed as it is than limit people from being able to play on their chosen campaign. I really think that whatever is going on now in pvp, will not be going on in the next campaign, nor will what goes on in the next campaign happen in the one after that. The game is constantly evolving.

A lot of people are still levelling to VR10 right now, especially with Craglorn coming soon. Look how it worked out for Ebonheart, they levelled lots of dudes to high VR or VR10 while it was easy and now they are reaping the rewards. You only have to look at the leaderboards to see that.

The pvp is great thats the main thing, enjoy it and be patient. Just like real wars, things can change when you least expect it!

For DAGGERFALL!

" Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the test first, the lesson after... "

Argurios Ultor - Imperial Templar
    Caradoc Coldblade - Redguard Nightblade
    - Daggerfall Covenant
  • sumpinfierce
    That's why I chose to play AD on Wabbajack. There is hardly ever any AD, I don't think we've had more than one Elder Scroll in our possession since release. At pretty much any time of day, the map is either Full DC or EP, or some combination of the two with AD squished into the very south. It makes for very tough and challenging combat to always be outnumbered, as well as having to truly make the most of your resources and coordinate attacks on the right targets.

I think it would be kind of boring to be on a map where your team has 3 times as many players and all you do is zerg around trying to find stragglers, lay siege to empty keeps and generally have 'victory' spoon fed to you. But, to each his own, have fun!
  • MrDDT
    MrDDT
    ✭✭✭
    @orangez0630rwb17_ESO‌
    The addon is not released that shows the numbers, you don't have to take my word on it just use the API and check it.
    About the exploit, I'm not allowed to post it and I know ZOS knows about it. Whether they fix the issue or not is another story.

But that's only part of the issue of going over locked cap. It's not the whole thing.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on the EP side, and am in the top 10 for my side on this server. (i have pvped a lot)

The drop in population from what i can tell is due to some of the reasons people have already said:
    1. initial rush to play all day is wearing off
    2. people are busy leveling (VR10 is way stronger than Lvl 30, can't PvP to level)

I have tried to play during the off hours because i really enjoy PvP, it is actually the entire reason i bought and continue to play this game. But during these times EP cant get enough people together to push against the AD in a meaningful manner. I do agree that there is something to be said about planning to attack while your enemy is sleeping.

However, playing from a side who is not able to get enough players to mount a defense is not fun. This is an objective based PvP, without being able to take any objectives what remains is a 5+ minute run trying to find a small enough group to fight. (which could take even longer, as i am sitting around stealth trying to not get zerged)

Since this is happening basically every night without improvement for EP or DC i have completely given up trying to PvP at all during this time of day. I really enjoy playing this game and would love to continue doing so during these hours, but the player count imbalance is bad enough that i stopped trying.
    Edited by FireCowCommando on April 15, 2014 7:16PM
  • savak
    savak
    ✭✭
    Just buff the underpopulated sides with raid like pve guards and bosses so that if people want to play the strategy of pve'ing to win a PvP zone, at least they get a raid experience. Also imagine how awesome it would be if the few players on the low pop side were also buffed so they could wipe "raids" by going after healers etc because taunt doesn't work on you haha
  • JeffKnight
    JeffKnight
    ✭✭✭
    ritsuko wrote: »
    There is no problem. All 3 factions had full pops almost 24/7 the 2 weeks before, with AD as the weakest faction. The only reason for a drop in population in DC and EP would be players giving up and leaving to PvE instead of fighting. The system is also designed to balance itself out with the dominant faction getting 2v1.

Not really. It does end up 2v1, but generally ends up with the 1st and 2nd populated sides fighting against the weakest to farm alliance points until they give up and leave. Then, and only then, do the 1st and 2nd pop duke it out. The system has had the exact opposite effect.

DC on NA-Auriel's Bow is the least populated of the bunch. AD and EP will drop everything and hit us whenever we get anything more than a token resistance on, even though we are now in 3rd place, have the fewest keeps and scrolls, and fewest players active. Some of this is fear, as we were able to exploit AD and EP fighting each other in the first week of the campaign and do some great things for a small force, but they've since learned to smack us down every chance they get.
    Officer of Exceptional Legion
    http://www.exceptionallegion.com
    Auriel's Bow - NA
  • Jorjeis
    Jorjeis
    Edited by Jorjeis on April 15, 2014 9:22PM
  • ritsuko
    ritsuko
    Well the only real solution would be to invite more DC and EP off-peak guilds into AB to spearhead the population (there were a lot of them listed prior launch).

Not sure about the numbers being thrown around though, you can ask any AD player if they have seen 600-1000 allies on the map. I'm sure it would be obvious if there were that many, providing the engine can render it.

Synapse - SEA/Oceanic Hardcore PvP/RvR
    www.synapse-guild.com
  • Argurios
    Argurios
    ✭✭
    Ok so i just came out of Auriel's Bow, after finding EP players inside an AD keep helping them defend it where it would otherwise have fallen. Ridiculous. Like they even need any kind of cooperation right now with DC running 3rd.

It was juts some VR scrubs farming the low level people too. ***-heads like that will ruin the AvA.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the test first, the lesson after... "

Argurios Ultor - Imperial Templar
    Caradoc Coldblade - Redguard Nightblade
    - Daggerfall Covenant
  • foxsyd
    foxsyd
    ✭✭✭
    LOL!! "Off-Continent" people will be really pissed if they couldn't access PVP during their prime play time.

Just round out your guild members with people from all time zones. Would be my suggestion.
    Join my guild!
    "Thank Sanguine its Fredas"
    North America Server, Ebonheart Pact, PVE/PVP, friendly & funny community. Welcomes all types of players!
    Preachers of #TeamIsland - Share your adventures and screen caps on our Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/268541133324278/
  • Fxfighter_ESO
    @orangez0630rwb17_ESO‌
    The addon is not released that shows the numbers, you don't have to take my word on it just use the API and check it.

What API function(s) give you the player count? The API is pretty woefully documented right now, basically just a text dump of the function names.
  • shirorxb14_ESO
    Synapse guild doesn't see the problem because they're part of it. Oceanic players shouldn't be on NA campaigns. ZOS should have a campaign for the region, but they should not be on ours.
    Raiya Sunrazor - Imperial Sorcerer - Auriel's Bow
  • shirorxb14_ESO
    And if you think I'm wrong tell me how fun and intended it is for 200+ AD to be scroll raiding against 30 defenders at 5am est EVERY NIGHT for the last week. You've created your own hell, a cyrodiil campaign where you can stare at each other till you log off. I hope you enjoy it.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 16, 2014 6:43PM
  • MrDDT
    MrDDT
    ✭✭✭
    Synapse guild doesn't see the problem because they're part of it. Oceanic players shouldn't be on NA campaigns. ZOS should have a campaign for the region, but they should not be on ours.

The problem isn't Synapse, I don't even think they are very big. Yes they do play on the Oceanic primetime, but still this is a major flaw with most MMO's. I thought with ESO it would be different because I figured at least 1 of the servers would be capped 24/7. Which means this problem would not have happened on that server.

I already said how to fix it. Simply put a system where it queues people based on the ratio of people current in the campaign. So if AD has 50, EP has 50, DC pop can't go over 150. (This would be +50% of the other 2 combined, to help prevent team up issues)
    Currently, like today/morning, the factions were way out of balanced. 2 of them had 1 bar, and the other was locked. Not much you can do when 30 to 50 people in 2 factions and the other one has 400+.

People will stop zerging once they start having to wait in long queues. They will find a more even campaign. It's a very simple fix.
    Edited by MrDDT on April 16, 2014 8:37PM
  • Putok
    Putok
    ✭✭✭
    That's why I chose to play AD on Wabbajack. There is hardly ever any AD, I don't think we've had more than one Elder Scroll in our possession since release. At pretty much any time of day, the map is either Full DC or EP, or some combination of the two with AD squished into the very south. It makes for very tough and challenging combat to always be outnumbered, as well as having to truly make the most of your resources and coordinate attacks on the right targets.

I think it would be kind of boring to be on a map where your team has 3 times as many players and all you do is zerg around trying to find stragglers, lay siege to empty keeps and generally have 'victory' spoon fed to you. But, to each his own, have fun!

Wabbajack was extremely well balanced right after launch. We (AD) actually had the first emperor and I believe first scroll capture of the campaign. We were slightly ahead in terms of score. Around then, DC population exploded, and they started to absolutely dominate.

I think a lot of AD and EP got frustrated by their fun and balanced campaign suddenly turning into a 3+:1 numerical disadvantage farmfest, and bailed.

IMHO, they should at least halve the number of campaigns, that might help balance populations somewhat.
  • ritsuko
    ritsuko
    And if you think I'm wrong tell me how fun and intended it is for 200+ AD to be scroll raiding against 30 defenders at 5am est EVERY NIGHT for the last week. You've created your own hell, a cyrodiil campaign where you can stare at each other till you log off. I hope you enjoy it.

We created nothing. When we first made Auriel's Bow home, AD was getting wrecked and it was a tough but fun fight for us every night. EP and DC had comparable numbers to AD throughout our time-zone. This remained so for a week+, until yesterday every campaign's EP and DC dropped to 1 bar.

The real problem is AD from other campaigns are guesting in masses to Auriel's Bow because they see that as the only active 24/7 server and also that EP and DC off-peak pops stopped participation. You're assuming that AD is the only faction with off-peak pop for NA. It's a megaserver, every faction has the potential pop to fill the campaign 24/7.
    Synapse - SEA/Oceanic Hardcore PvP/RvR
    www.synapse-guild.com
  • Polaritie
    Polaritie
    This isn't limited to Auriel's Bow.

Wabbajack has the same problem with DC being at 2+ bars all the time (and when AD/EP are at 2, they're at locks). Once the weekend rolls around, it gets even (and EC gets steamrolled by the others taking their stuff back), but once people go to bed the map swiftly resets to DC owning everything.
  • MrDDT
    MrDDT
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, Ritsuko. I believe that it would be better for everyone if they made a queue based on the ratio of population not just capping out the total per faction. This would make it more fun for people that are having huge odds type times, and also promote people to goto servers that are more balanced.
  • Soban
    Soban
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see an issue, AB is amazing.
    <BiS>
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    Bringing down the number of campaigns may sound like a great option. However, my home campaign is AB and I have been effectively locked out of it for a week now because it's always pop locked. They need to get rid of the campaign only rankings. It makes me not want to pvp at all since I'm not getting anything for it besides a small amount of AP for the couple of quests that I can get done. My rank doesn't move because I'm not fighting in my home campaign. I shouldn't have to blow my AP wad to choose a different campaign when my home is always f'n full.
  • shirorxb14_ESO
    Another night of AD taking everything unopposed. Such great competition.

Quite literally every other Alliance on every other Campaign on NA at 1/3 bars of population except Bow AD at a full 3. Such balance, wow.
    Edited by shirorxb14_ESO on April 17, 2014 2:44PM
  • Redsun
    Redsun
    ✭✭

Quite literally every other Alliance on every other Campaign on NA at 1/3 bars of population except Bow AD at a full 3. Such balance, wow.

Its a megaserver. I would expect at least one campaign with full 3 alliance. Its not AD faults. Blame EP and DC for being [snip].

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on June 20, 2014 3:39PM
  • shirorxb14_ESO
    Redsun wrote: »

Its a megaserver. I would expect at least one campaign with full 3 alliance. Its not AD faults. Blame EP and DC for being ***.

You missed the point entirely. But you're probably intending to ignore the problem as a member of the Dominion.

You sound like quite the kitty, actually, wanting to keep 5 to 1 advantages.
    Edited by shirorxb14_ESO on April 17, 2014 3:29PM
  • Mobius0
    Mobius0
    ✭✭✭

Its a megaserver. I would expect at least one campaign with full 3 alliance. Its not AD faults. Blame EP and DC for being ***.

Actually, I feel that the ones who choose to fight in a campaign where they steamroll the competition due to having such greater numbers, are the ***. That includes Synapse, and whoever else doesn't switch to a more balanced campaign, or to a campaign that needs help.

• Sylvanna
    Sylvanna
    Mobius0 wrote: »

Actually, I feel that the ones who choose to fight in a campaign where they steamroll the competition due to having such greater numbers, are the ***. That includes Synapse, and whoever else doesn't switch to a more balanced campaign, or to a campaign that needs help.

Have you actually seen the population of the entire NA megaserver during our primetime?

AB:
    AD - Full
    EP - Low
    DC - Low

Everywhere else:
    AD - Low
    EP - Low
    DC - Low

Please do enlighten where we can move to. It's not that we don't want to move, we'd gladly move to wherever such opposition exists. We guested in Wabbajack tonight, entire map was blue. Capped a few keeps, took a scroll, met minimal resistance. That was with our group of 16 people. A DC dominated campaign offered near zero resistance. If we wanted to, we could've flipped the entire map yellow and taken all 6 scrolls, but where's the fun in that?

The real issue isn't even about the amount of AD on Auriel's Bow. This is the NA MEGASERVER. It's the disturbing disappearance (or lack thereof) of EP/DC during this timezone. There isn't a single balanced campaign right now nor any campaign that needs help because wherever we move to, we'd just flat out "steamroll" the <50 people online in every faction/campaign.

P.S. we've never had more than 24 people in Cyrodiil at any point of time.

Edit: Maybe, just maybe, somehow all the Oceanics only rolled on AD. Or they're all on EU servers. /shrug

Last edit:
    I agree, Ritsuko. I believe that it would be better for everyone if they made a queue based on the ratio of population not just capping out the total per faction. This would make it more fun for people that are having huge odds type times, and also promote people to goto servers that are more balanced.

I actually like your idea. This could help to spread out the ridiculous AB AD pop into other servers, but only if there were actually opposition for these people to fight (see above).
    Edited by Sylvanna on April 17, 2014 5:26PM
  • RabidJoint
    Hey everyone, just remember, AD need to use these tactics to do anything...as we proved yesterday as we stomped them back into their Scroll keeps. Just a bunch of kids who need to use bugs, getting Emeror from low pop servers and massive 4-1 ratio zerging to do anything. We all know AD sucks, they know it as well. I bet they think they are awesome for it too.

As for the kid that did the "Hey i live in CA USA and play late a night" just goes to show they cant do crap during the day so they wait for the Asia and Europe people to get on. It's ok, once more and more people start hitting VR 10 on DC and EP, it'll balance out, but this game isnt our entire lives like it is for AD.
  • RabidJoint
    Chusan_ESO wrote: »
    Question... Where did all the DC and EP players went?
    I'm pretty sure there's a whole lot less players pvping than usual :/

It kills our hope for the amount of work we actually do put in a day to have it ripped away from us while we sleep because the US players that play at night cant handle the massive AD zerging. Some of us do have lives and cant play 24.7 liike other people

• shirorxb14_ESO
    Basically like it was said above, my friend and are top 15 for ep, top fifty overall, and were just not caring as much about going to cyro every night because we know at some point five times the elves will login and undo everything as soon as people goto bed.
  • Mobius0
    Mobius0
    ✭✭✭
    Why not try to make an "unofficial" Oceanic campaign? Like the RPers did.