The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

There is a real problem on Auriel's Bow

• Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously the game needs a pause button, while I'm at work.. in the bathroom.. eating.. sleeping.. taking the dog out.. basically doing anything except ESO the campaigns should all stop and nobody should be allowed to play until I return. Zenimax please fix this because it's ruining the game.

I never said anywhere the game should stop. I've said we either need more people on at night to counter the AD, or that EP and DC should switch campaigns. I don't where you got "the campaigns should all stop and nobody should be allowed to play until I return". I never even hinted at that in the slightest.
    If your comment wasn't aimed at me then disregard this.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on April 24, 2014 5:41PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • RivenEsq
    RivenEsq
    ✭✭✭✭
    So when DC or EP are winning during this time of day, it's all well and good, but if AD is winning it's because we're overpopulated, lack skill, and are a bunch of "nightcappers"? Did I do that right?

There are other guilds that aren't on your campaign and some of them haven't even formally raided. SOOO many people are not yet vr1 and organized guilds aren't raiding until they are. Some friends of mine in another guild told me they weren't formally raiding for 2 months in AvA for everyone to level. There will only be more people in Cyrodiil as time goes on, not less.

And if the campaign continues to get little resistance, then my guild will move elsewhere.

However, I think that it is quite a bit of nonsense when DC and EP don't show up so, consequently, AD takes the map and then we get demonized for it. Playing against overwhelming odds is great in this game because a small organized group can bust up and defend against a group much larger than them. Given that, why do your people just decide to "not show up"? Is it because they are losing and they guest somewhere your faction is doing better? Because that is just as bad as what a lot of AD players do.

Once DC and EP start showing up as a whole rain or shine, high points or low, and AD outnumbers you still, then you have a right to complain.

You think you're taking some sort of moral stand by not showing up while AD "zergs", but you are really just ruining the fun in the campaign for everyone.
    Cheers,
    Ryan "RivenEsq" Reynolds
    CEO & Founder of [KG] Knight Gaming
    @RivenEsq
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RivenVII wrote: »
    So when DC or EP are winning during this time of day, it's all well and good, but if AD is winning it's because we're overpopulated, lack skill, and are a bunch of "nightcappers"? Did I do that right?

There are other guilds that aren't on your campaign and some of them haven't even formally raided. SOOO many people are not yet vr1 and organized guilds aren't raiding until they are. Some friends of mine in another guild told me they weren't formally raiding for 2 months in AvA for everyone to level. There will only be more people in Cyrodiil as time goes on, not less.

And if the campaign continues to get little resistance, then my guild will move elsewhere.

However, I think that it is quite a bit of nonsense when DC and EP don't show up so, consequently, AD takes the map and then we get demonized for it. Playing against overwhelming odds is great in this game because a small organized group can bust up and defend against a group much larger than them. Given that, why do your people just decide to "not show up"? Is it because they are losing and they guest somewhere your faction is doing better? Because that is just as bad as what a lot of AD players do.

Once DC and EP start showing up as a whole rain or shine, high points or low, and AD outnumbers you still, then you have a right to complain.

You think you're taking some sort of moral stand by not showing up while AD "zergs", but you are really just ruining the fun in the campaign for everyone.

Well I personally don't show up between 1am-9am EST because I'm asleep.
    After that, it's because I log in, try to retake a keep with 20 or so other EP, get swarmed by 200-300 AD and then go and PvE because it's utterly pointless to even try against those numbers. It's not nonsense, I'd just rather have fun than waste my time.

And EP and DC won't be showing up on Auriel's Bow soon enough. We have ssssoooo much more fun on Bloodthorn and Wabbajack. Nice and balanced, great battles, and the populations are even 24/7.
    We're tired of wasting our time on Auriel's, just like we got tired on Dawnbreaker which is now a ghost town.
    Just like AD left Goldbrand, Hopesfire, Chrysamere and Skullcrusher. The AD did the exact same thing you're demonizing us for.

Edited by Lord_Draevan on April 24, 2014 7:30PM
    NA/PC server
  • Jyuno
    Jyuno
    I'm unclear on how advocating for players to leave Auriel's Bow to play on another server is going to result in anything but a short term PvP high for those that left. Another discussion like this would likely pop up that is campaign specific, mentioning population imbalances during certain parts of the day.

It might behoove some of those considering jumping ship to build relationships with guilds that are fighting for your alliance in your chosen campaign. Figure out some battle plans, setup some schedules, see what groups can run defense and if the others can run offense.

This kind of PvP is begging for organized groups to get together on the field. And that can happen, just need to put a little bit of effort forth to make it happen.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jyuno wrote: »
    It might behoove some of those considering jumping ship to build relationships with guilds that are fighting for your alliance in your chosen campaign. Figure out some battle plans, setup some schedules, see what groups can run defense and if the others can run offense.

This kind of PvP is begging for organized groups to get together on the field. And that can happen, just need to put a little bit of effort forth to make it happen.

The only way it would work is if we got several hundred to a thousand people to play on Auriel's between 2am-12pm EST. At the moment, we have about 30-40. We tried and only got a few dozen more.
    I highly doubt we'll find enough people to balance the campaign. Switching to a balanced server makes much more sense than hoping for a miraculous influx of several hundred people.
    NA/PC server
  • Jyuno
    Jyuno
    The only way it would work is if we got several hundred to a thousand people to play on Auriel's between 2am-12pm EST. At the moment, we have about 30-40. We tried and only got a few dozen more.
    I highly doubt we'll find enough people to balance the campaign. Switching to a balanced server makes much more sense than hoping for a miraculous influx of several hundred people.

If jumping ship for somewhere else makes you happy, then go for it. You'll get that short term high like I mentioned.

If Auriel's Bow just becomes another Dawnbreaker, which seems like the insinuation in the thread since AD seems to rock so hard on off US hours, then AD will just have another Cyrodiil quest instance. Those AD players won't stay there, they're going to move as well to where the fight is, just perpetuating the imbalance that's getting knickers in a bunch.
    Edited by Jyuno on April 24, 2014 8:04PM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jyuno wrote: »

If jumping ship for somewhere else makes you happy, then go for it. You'll get that short term high like I mentioned.

If Auriel's Bow just becomes another Dawnbreaker, which seems like the insinuation in the thread since AD seems to rock so hard on off US hours, then AD will just have another Cyrodiil quest instance. Those AD players won't stay there, they're going to move as well to where the fight is, just perpetuating the imbalance that's getting knickers in a bunch.

You call it jumping ship, I call it wanting to have a fair and balanced fight after 2-3 weeks of constant failure. Besides, we both know the AD wouldn't stay if they were the ones outnumbered 10 to 1 every night.

And no, the AD won't leave Auriel's Bow. You guys still haven't left Dawnbreaker after a month of utter domination and barely any DC or EP logged in. YOU might leave it, maybe your entire guild, but the vast majority of AD players? They won't leave. I'm not worried.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on April 24, 2014 8:35PM
    NA/PC server
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously the game needs a pause button, while I'm at work.. in the bathroom.. eating.. sleeping.. taking the dog out.. basically doing anything except ESO the campaigns should all stop and nobody should be allowed to play until I return. Zenimax please fix this because it's ruining the game.
    Seriously?...

This is a very real problem, No one on the EP side even wants to attempt to PvP due to the population in balance during these late hours. Theres a block of time that an entire aspect of the game isn't even worth attempting to do, and yet you still come to mock people for being upset ^^'

Amazing. You know that feeling you get when the servers go down and you cant play the game? That's every night for the people that are trying to PvP on EP and DC.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?...

This is a very real problem, No one on the EP side even wants to attempt to PvP due to the population in balance during these late hours. Theres a block of time that an entire aspect of the game isn't even worth attempting to do, and yet you still come to mock people for being upset ^^'

Amazing. You know that feeling you get when the servers go down and you cant play the game? That's every night for the people that are trying to PvP on EP and DC.

If the roles were reversed and the AD were the ones who were outnumbered 10-1 all night, I think we all know they'd be complaining too.
    NA/PC server
  • Reiii
    Reiii
    Dawnbreaker is AD dominated because the guild Ruin is there, they are a known zerg guild. We started on Dawnbreaker and pissed off as soon as we learned Ruin were in the same faction and campaign as us. At that time, AB was pretty much on 3 bars to locked status for all 3 factions 24/7 (this was during early access and the first week of launch). Maybe about a week or so after we moved to AB, DC and EP experienced a drop in population for whatever reasons. We tried guesting on Wabbajack but the resistance there during our primetime was pitiful. We could have painted the whole map yellow + get all 6 scrolls in 1 night if we wanted to, but we called it off after capping half the emp circle and taking a scroll. Right now AB still has the largest amount of enemies to fight.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reiii wrote: »
    Right now AB still has the largest amount of enemies to fight.

At this rate, not for long. EP and DC are at Low until about 2pm EST and usually only reach full at 6-7pm EST.
    NA/PC server
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the person who keeps clicking the "LOL" button on my comments is really laughing at me, not the post. :s
    NA/PC server
  • Fxfighter_ESO
    So I say let the AD have Auriel's Bow. EP and DC, hell, even you AD people who want a good fight, come to Wabbajack or Bloodthorn. There you get good competition, even numbers, and you're not outnumbered 10 to 1 in the wee hours of the morning by any faction. Don't worry, the majority of AD won't follow us there. After all, they still haven't left Dawnbreaker.
    We guested to those servers, there were no good fights to have and we could have easily taken the whole map with our group if we wanted.

The only server we get fights most of the time is AB which is why we're on it in the first place.
    Edited by Fxfighter_ESO on April 25, 2014 1:32AM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We guested to those servers, there were no good fights to have and we could have easily taken the whole map with our group if we wanted.

The only server we get fights most of the time is AB which is why we're on it in the first place.

Both Bloodthorn and Wabbajack have all 3 factions at High or Full during prime time every day, so I don't know what you're talking about.
    There are only 2 differences between Bloodthorn/Wabbajack and Auriel's:
    1) AD is in third place on both.
    2) Factions are balanced 24/7.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on April 25, 2014 1:44AM
    NA/PC server
  • Xemos
    Xemos
    Soul Shriven

Both Bloodthorn and Wabbajack have all 3 factions at High or Full during prime time every day, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Thats funny because if you compare the scores of the 3 campaigns ab is the most balanced of all 3 campaigns.
    Edited by Xemos on April 25, 2014 1:54AM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xemos wrote: »

Thats funny because if you compare the scores of the 3 campaigns ab is the most balanced of all 3 campaigns.

That's odd, neither of the two points I raised was about score balance. It was about the AD's score and faction populations.

Plus, the AD's gone up 40,000 points in the past 2 weeks while EP and DC have only gone up 10,000 points. The score won't be balanced for very long.
    NA/PC server
  • ritsuko
    ritsuko
    Are you sure the factions are balanced 24/7 on Bloodthorn and Wabbajack?

How many EP and DC oceanic guilds are on those servers?
    Edited by ritsuko on April 25, 2014 2:27AM
    Synapse - SEA/Oceanic Hardcore PvP/RvR
    www.synapse-guild.com
  • Xemos
    Xemos
    Soul Shriven
    That's odd, neither of the two points I raised was about score balance. It was about the AD's score and faction populations.

Plus, the AD's gone up 40,000 points in the past 2 weeks while EP and DC have only gone up 10,000 points. The score won't be balanced for very long.

thats true, however if populations were balanced 24/7 the score would also reflect that balance which it currently does not.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xemos wrote: »

thats true, however if populations were balanced 24/7 the score would also reflect that balance which it currently does not.

The only reason that the scores aren't balanced on Wabbajack and Bloodthorn is because the either DC or EP was alone on them for weeks, then people started switching to them. Bloodthorn, it may surprise you to learn, was originally EP dominated. We were 50,000 points ahead, then all the EP abandoned it due to lack of competition and the DC moved in, now the DC is ahead in score and the EP moved back on. For the past few weeks, the populations have been fairly even 24/7. The EP Vet 10 Guild Vokundein switched from Goldbrand to Wabbajack last week and have been hammering the DC and AD ever since. They stole all 6 Scrolls last night with like 20 people, it was intense.
    NA/PC server
  • Jackiepvp
    Jackiepvp
    Lol, how do you guys who also played GW2 in NA manage to stack on the same server or faction? Did you manage to bring over the same stacking mentality coated with the "we want fights" forum speech? Impressive.

I dont understand why all the off hour hardcore pvp guilds stack on the same side in every 24/7 game then bring rise to the same complaints repeatedly.

Better yet, after what happened to the Titan Alliance in GW2, why do you guys just repeat the same thing? Are you guys so afraid you might not get to write the "our server was the best in the game" crap on your forums after you win absolutely nothing by stacking?

If you guilds were truly hardcore guilds you would have specifically gone out of your way to be spread, not go out of your way to stack and then go "its not us who need to unstack, its you guys who need to magically poop hardcore off hour guilds to give us competition".

"KnT is currently cooperating with such veteran PvP guild such as -E-, PRX, DiE, RMA, SYN, NOC, and TKG." likewut? why do you even need to cooperate with anybody, go pull your own weight instead of hand holding.

The MMO world is small, if you think the "next" game is somehow going to give you some overwhelming opposition that you need to stack to make sure you are ready to fight... you are wrong. Wake up.

[VoTF]
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jackiepvp wrote: »
    If you guilds were truly hardcore guilds you would have specifically gone out of your way to be spread, not go out of your way to stack and then go "its not us who need to unstack, its you guys who need to magically poop hardcore off hour guilds to give us competition".
    ^This.
    NA/PC server
  • Fxfighter_ESO

They're empty during my prime time so that's what I'm talking about.
  • Fxfighter_ESO
    I dont understand why all the off hour hardcore pvp guilds stack on the same side in every 24/7 game then bring rise to the same complaints repeatedly.

How many people do you imagine there to be playing in the off time period? People seem to be deluded to thinking there is some 1000 man group playing during off times when its like 30 people...

Edit: By 1000 man group, I mean some organised guilds that make up a large amount of that population which is just not the case.
    Edited by Fxfighter_ESO on April 25, 2014 5:06AM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How many people do you imagine there to be playing in the off time period? People seem to be deluded to thinking there is some 1000 man group playing during off times when its like 30 people...

30? Are you serious? Did you not see the screenshot I provided of the server populations during the off period? AD is at FULL population and everyone else on every server is a Low. 30 is Low population. Full, which is what AD is at during the off times, is 400+ players.
    We're not deluded, the facts are right there for all to see. We're not making this up, it's happening every day.
    In case you missed it, here it is again:

nr5vid5k4q6o.jpg

Edited by Lord_Draevan on April 25, 2014 5:02AM
    NA/PC server
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well did get kill any emperor in the campaign tonight, so despite things a causal player like me killing one of the former or guesting emps of the AD was a high point for the night in the campaign for me.

But its still a fun campaign just not at the late hours, can come back on later and DC is normally rocking the map, I have tried guesting on other campaigns, and seems some have unbalance one or another depending on factions.= make up. Still liking Auriel's bow the best, though am going to guest on bloodthorn some.
    Edited by RedTalon on April 25, 2014 5:00AM
  • Fxfighter_ESO
    30? Are you serious? Did you not see the screenshot I provided of the server populations during the off period? AD is at FULL population and everyone else on every server is a Low. 30 is Low population. Full, which is what AD is at during the off times, is 400+ players.

That wasn't what I was referring to, my post was in context to the post I had quoted. The groups referred to "stacking" making up a very small number of players.

But read it out of context if you feel like it I guess.

I'll edit the other post to make it clearer...
    Edited by Fxfighter_ESO on April 25, 2014 5:05AM
  • Jackiepvp
    Jackiepvp

That wasn't what I was referring to, my post was in context to the post I had quoted. The groups referred to "stacking" making up a very small number of players.

But read it out of context if you feel like it I guess.

Those guild groups are a small amount of players? lol
    [VoTF]
  • Fxfighter_ESO
    Those guild groups are a small amount of players? lol

Yep the off-time guild groups are fairly small. Especially compared to what goes on during NA time periods.
    Or should I say "group" singular since it's 1 raid...
    Edited by Fxfighter_ESO on April 25, 2014 5:15AM
  • Marstar
    Marstar
    Our "One Raid" in Oce/SEA Prime break the back of the DC/EP resistance every night. We've noticed that if we paint the map too yellow, DC/EP leave allowing the coattail riders to take the rest.

Otherwise the map is even before we push to recrown MAKI and the scrolls*, and it is usually even straight after we accomplish this and go back to progressing our characters in other zones.

If the DC/EP players in our timezone move campaigns, we'll follow, because we want to PvP against people not doors (like the ones we left behind on DawnBreaker). A lot of AD zerglings will remain behind like they did on DB, but inevitably the coattail riders will follow in our wake.

It's up to the opposing Oceanic/SEA, that put their hands up pre-launch to oppose us, to rise to the challenge.
    Edited by Marstar on April 25, 2014 6:13AM
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Marstar Most people dc side start logging off at midnight EDT and it gets down to two bars around 2 or 3 am, most people in the dc faction are most likely not in your time zone.

At-least in this campaign.
    Edited by RedTalon on April 25, 2014 7:32AM