The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

There is a real problem on Auriel's Bow

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They honestly opened with to many Campaigns at the start, they should of had fewer campaigns, and opened more up when demand for them happened.

Whenever I saw a server with say nothing but DC on it, that kind of made me mad...Because if you pick a server that you're vastly overpopulated at..you should get like no RPs for being a giant ***.
  • RabidJoint
    Redsun wrote: »
    Another night of AD taking everything unopposed. Such great competition.

Quite literally every other Alliance on every other Campaign on NA at 1/3 bars of population except Bow AD at a full 3. Such balance, wow.

Its a megaserver. I would expect at least one campaign with full 3 alliance. Its not AD faults. Blame EP and DC for being ***.

I blame all the cowards that jumped onto the AD bandwagon, such as yourself. You arent cool cause you can mass zerg us at a 5-1 ratio...you try coming to EP or DC and fighting off the AD zergs, i bet you will go running back to AD crying like a baby back *** =] Atleast we have the guts to stay and fight back everyday.

• ritsuko
    ritsuko
    We don't care for faction score and would rather be on the losing side with everything capped from us.

From our point of view, DC and EP have it lucky, since it means that you guys will always have people to fight. We have nowhere to go, all other campaigns are low pops and ghost towns.

If you're QQing because you are demoralized at having everything taken away from you, then that's the wrong mentality to PvP with. The side that logs on to PvP and fight, or the side that hides in PvE content - which is more '***'?
    Edited by ritsuko on April 18, 2014 12:53AM
    Synapse - SEA/Oceanic Hardcore PvP/RvR
    www.synapse-guild.com
  • Marstar
    Marstar
    Would the NA 'sooks' please stop crying about what happens on Oce/SEA Prime time? You don't see us pulling out the tissues when you take OUR scrolls in the middle of the night when we're asleep.

Why? Because there is no such thing as "middle of the night" in a 24/7 WvW MMO.

We have our timezone and opponents, and you have yours. If you want to whinge about something then have a go at your DC/EP brethren who were 2v1ing us until we broke through and made MAKI Emperor of AD.

There are plenty of Oce/SEA PvP guilds who rolled DC/EP and were on AB. Where are they now?

You need them to come back to AB and to find more allies from the other Campaigns to join them. You need to organise yourselves and your Factions instead of point fingers at those willing and wanting to log on and fight.

You think we'll turn tail and run if you match us 1:1? Only one way to find out.
  • MrDDT
    MrDDT
    ✭✭✭
    @Marstar makes the perfect point here, it's not too much AD's fault. Or any guild or their play times. It's the fact that EP, and DC are low during that time. There needs to be a system in place by ESO to stop having this issue. I stated it 2 times already how they can fix this.
    I expected the top server (or I thought even a few servers) would be locked 100% of the time for all factions. I did not expect so few people in PVP only 3 weeks after release.
    Having said that ESO also made to many servers, so people are now home campaigning on other easy to win servers as DC and EP instead of going to a server that has more people.
  • Valiant29
    Valiant29
    ✭✭
    Server imbalance is an issue. I'm in DC on Wabbajack server and we have owned pretty much everything these last few days (with the other two fighting back only in primetime it seems)
  • Marstar
    Marstar
    A group of ours guested on WJ the other night in Oce/SEA prime and had some good fights but could have taken the 6 scrolls if they focused on that objective. Would be better for the WJ Oce/SEA players to move to AB and increase their competition (and ours).
  • Kizzarse
    Kizzarse
    ✭✭
    In summary for this thread, the propose solution will be 2 steps :-1:

1) Reduce number of campaigns to at least 3, than start opening up when the first 3 gets fill.

2) Impose a cap on a factions population to not exceed 50% of the other 2 factions.

This looks like a viable solution. Another which I think that should be considered is to provide more incentive for people to actually want to fight and play in Cyrodiil. One such proposal is fancy titles that does nothing but bragging rights.

Other options is to give people who have spend x time in Cyrodiil a buff that gives them better drop rate to get better stuff etc.. when they pve-so this might attract pvers to come pvp and have some fun.

The current problem is that we have too many wolves joining one faction in one campaign. We need to have the wolves spreadout and fight each other and the sheep(eh pvers) join in this mix and all have more fun together.
    Edited by Kizzarse on April 18, 2014 3:54PM
  • Marstar
    Marstar
    Consolidated campaigns and XP gains will see Cyrodiil full and buzzing.

Increased AP accumulation all-round (because of the above) will lead to quicker gearing.

Fancy Titles are already there in the game. Without Nameplates and Guild Tags it becomes moot.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be that Auriel's Bow was at full population for all factions nearly all day until 2-3am EST when it dropped off... but since the AD has started being at full 24/7 the population for EP and DC is dropping quickly. Usually only at full for 3-4 hours a day tops.
    The server's going downhill, and I don't blame people for leaving. It's incredibly frustrating winning all day, waking up in the morning and seeing you've lost every single keep and Scroll overnight when there was no one on except AD.
    It's going to turn into another Dawnbreaker soon enough.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the person who said EP and DC "are just ***", no, that's not the case. We're just sick and tired of losing every keep and every Scroll between 2-8am because AD is at Full pop and we're at Low pop.
    What's the point of trying if, even if we take every single AD keep and Scroll during the day, it'll all be gone by morning because they were unopposed? Of course we're going to move to a more balanced server.
    Just like AD doesn't bother playing on Goldbrand, Hopesfire or Skullcrusher because EP or DC are dominating.
    NA/PC server
  • shirorxb14_ESO
    Marstar wrote: »
    Would the NA 'sooks' please stop crying about what happens on Oce/SEA Prime time? You don't see us pulling out the tissues when you take OUR scrolls in the middle of the night when we're asleep.

Why? Because there is no such thing as "middle of the night" in a 24/7 WvW MMO.

We have our timezone and opponents, and you have yours. If you want to whinge about something then have a go at your DC/EP brethren who were 2v1ing us until we broke through and made MAKI Emperor of AD.

There are plenty of Oce/SEA PvP guilds who rolled DC/EP and were on AB. Where are they now?

You need them to come back to AB and to find more allies from the other Campaigns to join them. You need to organise yourselves and your Factions instead of point fingers at those willing and wanting to log on and fight.

You think we'll turn tail and run if you match us 1:1? Only one way to find out.

Every single even numbered encounter I've had with AD has been a loss for the dominion.

A lot of excuses to deflect from the 5 to 1 population difference.
    Edited by shirorxb14_ESO on April 19, 2014 12:42AM
    Raiya Sunrazor - Imperial Sorcerer - Auriel's Bow
  • Marstar
    Marstar
    To the person who said EP and DC "are just ***", no, that's not the case. We're just sick and tired of losing every keep and every Scroll between 2-8am because AD is at Full pop and we're at Low pop.
    What's the point of trying if, even if we take every single AD keep and Scroll during the day, it'll all be gone by morning because they were unopposed? Of course we're going to move to a more balanced server.
    Just like AD doesn't bother playing on Goldbrand, Hopesfire or Skullcrusher because EP or DC are dominating.

We are AD on AB in the Oce/SEA Prime Timezone:

a) We go to bed after we've taken all the scroll and wake up to them having been taken back.
    b) We are not tired of losing every keep and every Scroll between 2-8am because EP and DC decide to 2:1 us when we aren't on.
    c) The point is we'd like more of a resistance when we take them back, like there was in the first two weeks post launch.

If you all leave AB, like what happened on Dawnbreaker, then we will move to you. We will search for the campaign with the most "fight".
  • Marstar
    Marstar
    Every single even numbered encounter I've had with AD has been a loss for the dominion.

Do you even lift?
  • Fxfighter_ESO

What are the excuse(s) in the post you have quoted and what are these excuses for? I don't follow what you're getting at, at all. Is this mainly just a frustation post? If so I can understand that but there's nothing players on the AD side can do about the situation besides not playing at all which isn't a solution.

Zenimax can help this situation out a lot by consolidating campaigns for the time being and reintroducing them if the current ones become full.
    Edited by Fxfighter_ESO on April 19, 2014 3:42AM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marstar wrote: »

We are AD on AB in the Oce/SEA Prime Timezone:

a) We go to bed after we've taken all the scroll and wake up to them having been taken back.
    b) We are not tired of losing every keep and every Scroll between 2-8am because EP and DC decide to 2:1 us when we aren't on.
    c) The point is we'd like more of a resistance when we take them back, like there was in the first two weeks post launch.

If you all leave AB, like what happened on Dawnbreaker, then we will move to you. We will search for the campaign with the most "fight".

Well good for you, you have a much higher tolerance for *** than I do. I'm not playing on a server where, no matter what I do, it's undone come morning and I have to spend most of the day retaking our *** instead of gaining ground. I play PvP for fun, and that isn't fun to me at all.

The AD as a whole won't move, though. YOU personally might, maybe even your Guild, but Dawnbreaker is still at Full or Max pop most of the day despite there being no fight. I'm not worried about it. Besides, the Vet 10 Guilds on Goldbrand and Hopesfire are on 24/7 anyways, unlike Auriel's Bow which is abandoned between 2am-10am.
    NA/PC server
  • wnwtan
    wnwtan

And yet the AD population in AB is still relatively full 24/7, which includes whatever times you have your "even numbered encounters". There's your difference.

• shirorxb14_ESO
    wnwtan wrote: »

And yet the AD population in AB is still relatively full 24/7, which includes whatever times you have your "even numbered encounters". There's your difference.

Fighting even numbered AD while 300 more are raiding DC up north is not even numbers.
    Raiya Sunrazor - Imperial Sorcerer - Auriel's Bow
  • RivenEsq
    RivenEsq
    ✭✭✭✭
    All you guys do is whine and complain. I bet that I've done more to increase the Oceanic and Southeast Asian populations of DC and EP on AB than you have yourself. The Oceanic arm of my guild and guilds like SYN, DiE, -E-, and others just want fights in the time zone. If you stop showing up because you got "discouraged" that isn't going to make us feel bad, it's just going to prove to me that you have no backbone to play PvP.

A whole bunch of people here seem to be of the mindset "lolADsuperzergnoskillnubs" which is completely false. We have an off hours population that is very skilled and all we want is to fight against people.

When the majority of people in the game are still not level VR yet, they are going to be in PvE leveling. I am sure that the competition will improve.

For the guy that said the system works towards and ENCOURAGES "ganging up on the weakest server", I don't think I've ever seen a person understand map politics and game mechanics more poorly. Everyone is playing for first place. That means a server is going to go and take the other two's scrolls. When that 1st place server takes everyone's scrolls, and crowns an emperor, the other two servers are FORCED to focus them down. You wonder why AD is on the back foot every single afternoon, being forced back into our spawn? It is because 2 full factions of EP and DC are pushing us there because we took their scrolls. That is EXACTLY how the system should work and I welcome it.

EP and DC, I invite you, I implore you, to go and find every single Oceanic and SEA player anywhere on your faction and bring them to AB. Make the numbers even or even outnumber us, I would welcome it. I want fights, not easy wins.

The sooner that you stop playing PvF on the forums and start bringing the fight in game with PvP, the sooner I will have a lot more respect for your resolve, because you certainly haven't showed me much so far.
    Cheers,
    Ryan "RivenEsq" Reynolds
    CEO & Founder of [KG] Knight Gaming
    @RivenEsq
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RivenVII wrote: »

EP and DC, I invite you, I implore you, to go and find every single Oceanic and SEA player anywhere on your faction and bring them to AB. Make the numbers even or even outnumber us, I would welcome it. I want fights, not easy wins.

The sooner that you stop playing PvF on the forums and start bringing the fight in game with PvP, the sooner I will have a lot more respect for your resolve, because you certainly haven't showed me much so far.

I'd love for AB to pick up too, but I don't see it happening. I've been looking at the populations all day: EP hasn't gone above Medium and DC just went to High. Used to be that by noon all 3 would be at High or Full and would stay that way until about 1am. Now, you'll be lucky to have EP and DC at Full for 3-4 hours a day.

And please, don't make it sound like the AD doesn't abandon servers too, because they do, just as often as EP and DC. Hopesfire, Bloodthorn, Goldbrand, Skullcrusher, Volendrung... plenty of servers the AD have abandoned and don't play on anymore in favor of ones they're winning on.
    This isn't an "EP only" or "DC only" thing: most people don't want to play on servers where they constantly lose. All 3 factions do it.
    NA/PC server
  • RivenEsq
    RivenEsq
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd love for AB to pick up too, but I don't see it happening. I've been looking at the populations all day: EP hasn't gone above Medium and DC just went to High. Used to be that by noon all 3 would be at High or Full and would stay that way until about 1am. Now, you'll be lucky to have EP and DC at Full for 3-4 hours a day.

And please, don't make it sound like the AD doesn't abandon servers too, because they do, just as often as EP and DC. Hopesfire, Bloodthorn, Goldbrand, Skullcrusher, Volendrung... plenty of servers the AD have abandoned and don't play on anymore in favor of ones they're winning on.
    This isn't an "EP only" or "DC only" thing: most people don't want to play on servers where they constantly lose. All 3 factions do it.

Absolutely, there are a lot of fairweather players. I was on Dawnbreaker originally and, unfortunately, that was a disaster. We left so that we could find better competition on AB. I know that there are other DC and EP guilds out there that could switch to AB. That would probably be a hard pill to swallow for them to switch off of what is probably a winning campaign for them, but nowhere else are you going to get the full NA populations that AB has.

As a community, we need to self balance ourselves and not rely on devs or mechanics to do it for us.
    Cheers,
    Ryan "RivenEsq" Reynolds
    CEO & Founder of [KG] Knight Gaming
    @RivenEsq
  • Randomixx
    Randomixx
    ✭✭✭
    Or simply prevent the number of off-continent people allowed to play on NA campaigns.

Abso-*BLEEP*ing-lutely NO. The fact you even thought of that, let alone suggested it, is a level of arrogance, stupidity and selfishness I cannot even begin to comprehend. Now, if ZOS had given us an Oceanic megaserver it would be a different matter, but they haven't, so suck it up prince.

(Apologies in advance if the quoted statement has already been shredded by other offended Oceanic/European/Asian players and/or retracted by the OP, but I just had to say that because I cannot even.)
    I agree. I wish limitations were imposed based on current population, and not a static number.

This, however, is a much better solution and one that I have been attempting to call for pretty much since the very moment I realised the limits were static rather than dynamic way back in the beta.
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    It all seems to be a time zone problem. As soon as we get off the pvp campaign. The night shift/early morning shift just takes it back. If the other side is at RL work, then we would do the same thing to them.
    Edited by Chryos on April 20, 2014 3:12PM
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWjeWorgRrU

Here's a video I made of playing on Auriel's Bow

• beravinprb19_ESO
    beravinprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I hate how the current system works. Players like me get punished for remaining loyal to a server in which our alliance is getting clobbered. I mean, when you are in a situation like this, do you even know what you have to deal with? It's not sunshine and rainbows.

1. You log in, as an EP player, only to see that DC owns everything.
    2. You fight all your battles as the underdog, outnumbered.
    3. Anything you take is quickly returned to the dominant alliance.
    4. You have to sneak everywhere, since all they can do is wait for you.
    5. There are not enough allies to take on farms, much less a keeps.

How much fun do you think I have on a server like that? Not a whole lot, I can promise you that. And yet, I am still there, having a bad time, because I am one of those old fashioned players that likes that idea of "server pride." I am starting to rethink that, however...
    Edited by beravinprb19_ESO on April 20, 2014 8:42PM
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭
    The only issue I really have with this is that it seems like DC has taken over every other map besides two, and those seems to be partly/fully under control of AD from what I've seen so far. I could be wrong, but the players do need to be spread out a lot more evenly through the campaigns so that there can be even PvP instead of only a single faction taking over.

With my small amount of experience from other PvP based games, I do know that even PvP is a hell of a lot more fun then unbalanced PvP.
    "Real courage is not to give up hope, even in the most terrible darkness, and to carry on." -The Sight by David Clement-Davies
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by FireCowCommando on May 30, 2014 10:11AM
  • Tripp3r
    Tripp3r
    ✭✭✭
    People just need to get more into PvP that's all it is.
  • beravinprb19_ESO
    beravinprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tripp3r wrote: »

I've discussed this with quite a few people already. The problem is that, when players come in to try out PvP, most of the time they just get crushed by a veteran level enemy. Getting killed in a few seconds is not exactly a warm welcome. As a result, they start to feel like they can't actually do anything. Now, sure, sometimes a low level can kill a veteran player... But, do not delude yourself into thinking that this is what normally happens for most players. No, they get crushed, and they eventually decide to go back to their PvE progress.
    Edited by beravinprb19_ESO on April 21, 2014 2:32PM
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭
    Tripp3r wrote: »

I've discussed this with quite a few people already. The problem is that, when players come in to try out PvP, most of the time they just get crushed by a veteran level enemy. Getting killed in a few seconds is not exactly a warm welcome. As a result, they start to feel like they can't actually do anything. Now, sure, sometimes a low level can kill a veteran player... But, do not delude yourself into thinking that this is what normally happens for most players. No, they get crushed, and they eventually decide to go back to their PvE progress.

It's the same thing when players come in, hoping to get a solid start on their PvP career, they join a group that has some action, but it's not PvP when one alliance completely destroys the other, which then new PvPer then gets discouraged of ever trying PvP. Yes, I do know that sometimes, they can just come in at the wrong time, but when you look at all the other campaigns and notice that most of them seem to have been taken over by DC completely, and the only other area of hope for getting some PvP action is in Auriel's Bow (which is constantly full if I might add), then that also adds to the fact of a player not wanting to even try.

Main point, I would like to see more evenly matched PvP that can last for hours without one side taking over, then attempting to try and even take back a fort that is right up against your alliances walls.

A.K.A. I agree with you, I was just adding to your point.
    "Real courage is not to give up hope, even in the most terrible darkness, and to carry on." -The Sight by David Clement-Davies