The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

There is a real problem on Auriel's Bow

• Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RivenVII wrote: »
    So much complaining in here. PLEASE, I beg of you, just go ask other Oceanic guilds on your factions to play on Auriel's Bow. It's clear that our Oceanic population has nowhere else to go, so start being part of the solution instead of going "oh wow they took our keeps, must be mindless zerglings amiright? lolololol."

You speak as if no one's thought of that. We have, and we found a few dozen people. What we have now is what we've got, and all we're likely to get.
    So unless we get a few hundred or a few thousand Oceanic/Pacific people to buy the game and go EP or DC, the server will continue this way.
    Sure didn't help that so many people deleted their EP and DC characters and went AD "because they're winning". I personally know of about 30-40 people who quit my previous Guild who did that.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on April 23, 2014 9:39PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • RivenEsq
    RivenEsq
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just keep seeing people say "we can't". I know there are other Oceanics out there because they reached out to the Oceanic guilds across all factions to make an official Oceanic campaign (which was Dawnbreaker and didn't work out because of some tryhards and a bandwagon).

A lot of people are still leveling. This campaign season is just a trial run of what things will be like during the second season. But there are far more than a few dozen people. And those people that leave a faction to play in another "because they're winning" are trash players and you shouldn't have an issue slaughtering them in droves.
    Cheers,
    Ryan "RivenEsq" Reynolds
    CEO & Founder of [KG] Knight Gaming
    @RivenEsq
  • RabidJoint
    RabidJoint wrote: »
    I think its funny they keep putting the same guy to Emporer on AD side...there is still 60 odd days left for this campaign, as we DC keep switching it out, it'll give us the advantage over you guys in the end...keep thinking you are tough *** AD, but remember who gets face rolled all throughout the day =]

oh and im sure if we had enough going throughout the night, we would easily beat you guys, AD is full of all the rejects and kids who want "easy mode" by zerging...come over to DC or EP, do as good as you are when you have 300 people following you but with our numbers, you get to speak once that happens =]

To be fair, the only tactic I see is zerging, on all 3 sides. The AD isn't the only one who does this. Sure, you'll occasionally see a group or two sneak around to cap resources or cut off Transitus by taking a keep, maybe do some flanking, but most of the time it's zerg vs zerg. I hate being outnumbered by the AD and getting rolled over by a massive zerg as much as anyone, but to say they're the only ones who do it is false.

You might do the zerg vrs zerg crap, but DC has plenty of people that choose not to. I know of a guild that cuts off AD and EP fighting by holding down a single bridge, while DC takes towers and keep and the such. You are right, DC and EP zerg, but we dont have 24/7 zergs running around at all times of the day. What i said is not false, its the reality of it. AD zergs...period. They dont do anything else.
  • RabidJoint
    =\
    Edited by RabidJoint on April 23, 2014 10:40PM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You might do the zerg vrs zerg crap, but DC has plenty of people that choose not to. I know of a guild that cuts off AD and EP fighting by holding down a single bridge, while DC takes towers and keep and the such. You are right, DC and EP zerg, but we dont have 24/7 zergs running around at all times of the day. What i said is not false, its the reality of it. AD zergs...period. They dont do anything else.

No, AD does other stuff too. More than once they've snuck a group behind our lines and sieged a Scroll Keep and stolen it, or snuck around Alessia and taken Sejanus to cut off Transitus, or capped resources around a keep to cut it off. They don't just zerg. They mostly zerg, but not exclusively.
    And I've seen countless DC zergs as well. Sure, there are plenty of Vet groups who strategise, but I've seen so many zergs on every side since the early access. To say one faction only zergs on Auriel's Bow and another doesn't is false. Every side is mostly zerging with the occasional tactical group. I play every day and see zergs on each side every day.
    NA/PC server
  • Sylvanna
    Sylvanna
    The only way to find out if it's a zerg or an organised group is to implement guild tags ^^

zenimax bby pls
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I consider it a zerg when it's composed of 100 or so people who just charge heedlessly forward and easily wipe to the most basic strategy. I see these every day on each side.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on April 23, 2014 11:09PM
    NA/PC server
  • RivenEsq
    RivenEsq
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are times when sieging a keep with 100+ people is the right thing to do, but that still doesn't make it a "zerg". When we siege a keep with that many people, I take my guild group of 20-24 and cut off the reinforcements that are trying to stream in the back door. Zerg implies a lack of strategy, which is not always the case of a large group. I know that PRX routinely runs 3 24-man groups when they all call. That isn't a "zerg" that is a large guilded force. Stop generalizing people as being "unskilled and brainless" just to make yourself feel better about losing. There is a population imbalance, but that doesn't automatically make AD players bad at PvP.
    Cheers,
    Ryan "RivenEsq" Reynolds
    @RivenEsq
  • thefreezingvoid
    So much complaining in here. PLEASE, I beg of you, just go ask other Oceanic guilds on your factions to play on Auriel's Bow. It's clear that our Oceanic population has nowhere else to go, so start being part of the solution instead of going "oh wow they took our keeps, must be mindless zerglings amiright? lolololol."

Or your oceanic population could always reroll to the other factions to create an even population, rather than complaining that there aren't enough EP or DC players. Oh no, that would mean you aren't on the winning alliance anymore.

Edited by thefreezingvoid on April 23, 2014 11:54PM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are times when sieging a keep with 100+ people is the right thing to do, but that still doesn't make it a "zerg". When we siege a keep with that many people, I take my guild group of 20-24 and cut off the reinforcements that are trying to stream in the back door. Zerg implies a lack of strategy, which is not always the case of a large group. I know that PRX routinely runs 3 24-man groups when they all call. That isn't a "zerg" that is a large guilded force. Stop generalizing people as being "unskilled and brainless" just to make yourself feel better about losing. There is a population imbalance, but that doesn't automatically make AD players bad at PvP.

Did you even read my comment? Apparently not, because it clearly states "who charge heedlessly forward and wipe to the most basic strategy". I never say 100+ automatically equals a zerg. I also never call anyone unskilled or brainless. Now you're just making up stuff I never said.
    A zerg is a disorganized massive rabble. If people are grouped and strategizing, then they're not a zerg.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on April 24, 2014 12:52AM
    NA/PC server
  • TenAngryPistols
    ... People log in/log out or simply go to guest, or even change their guest/home campaign when their faction is losing. There have been plenty of times on AB and others, (I know because I've guested on 3-4 campaigns) that one faction dominates the others and it takes a few days for things to even out.

You think AD is overpopulating the others? You've obviously not played the other campaigns much or put much thought into why sometimes a certain factions population seems higher or lower.

If your faction is doing well, people log in and stay. If your faction is currently losing , people are more likely to go PvE.

And as long as we're talking stats.... it would appear AB is actually one of the most balanced.

http://esostats.com/
    Edited by TenAngryPistols on April 24, 2014 12:48AM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And as long as we're talking stats.... it would appear AB is actually one of the most balanced.

Not for long. About a week or two ago EP had just taken the lead by a few points. Now the AD is 23,000 points ahead. It's not going to stay balanced very long at this rate.
    NA/PC server
  • TenAngryPistols
    Perhaps, I wouldn't be surprised either way. But that's the joy of it all, is it not? Convincing guild members to join your cause. Hearing that certain ESO websites are dedicating their team (I'm looking at you, tamrielfoundry, who joined BLOODTHORN) to a certain campaign.

Nobody can deny that some, if not all campaigns, suffer from some sort of imbalance. AD does indeed have a higher population at night on AB. And you know what happens? At night, they MAY take back keeps/scrolls, and during the day they lose them all.

So oceanic players like to play together, makes sense to me.

Personally I think the biggest fix for imbalances would be to change the buffs for keeps/scrolls, and/or to buff players in factions with less population.

Additionally it may not hurt to decrease the campaign length, or even implement a score limit. See whats happening on Dawnbreaker? That's just stupid. Declare the winning faction and let everyone change their campaign for the remaining of the 90 days.

• RivenEsq
    RivenEsq
    ✭✭✭✭
    \

Did you even read my comment? Apparently not, because it clearly states "who charge heedlessly forward and wipe to the most basic strategy". I never say 100+ automatically equals a zerg. I also never call anyone unskilled or brainless. Now you're just making up stuff I never said.
    A zerg is a disorganized massive rabble. If people are grouped and strategizing, then they're not a zerg.

My post wasn't even in reference to yours. Talking about RabidJoint and his "AD is an unskilled zerg faction herpderp" attitude.
    Cheers,
    Ryan "RivenEsq" Reynolds
    @RivenEsq
  • Gunsang
    Gunsang
    ✭✭✭

Oh yes... I remember them.

Today I just figured out how to flush them out of that tower without ever having to go fight them face to face, where they'd hide in the contained area with oil everywhere.

I found an interesting... "place" to put my oil, after some accidental hits in the wrong area. Normally I'd feel bad, but considering how much oil was being abused up in those towers--you'll see. >:)

Edit: Hopefully oil just becomes a defensive only item at keeps, but until then, a new bug report. :s
    Edited by Gunsang on April 24, 2014 1:20AM
    Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have. - Thomas Hildern
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My post wasn't even in reference to yours. Talking about RabidJoint and his "AD is an unskilled zerg faction herpderp" attitude.

My mistake. Yeah, he's wrong on that count. Every faction has their zergers and their strategists.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on April 24, 2014 1:31AM
    NA/PC server
  • ritsuko
    ritsuko
    The population is getting more and more balanced, stop skewing up the numbers. AD doesn't have 2 100-man mega zergs on both sides of the map, far from it. Nor does EP only have 'barely 3 groups' (are you sure you only have 3 groups when you have 2 bars of pop?)

All 3 factions had 2 bars of pop for many hours well into late Oceanic night and fights were back and forth. There were zergs on all sides and also organized raids. Was fun!

When it went into the start of EU primetime, AD went up to 3 bars while EP was constantly 2 bars, DC floating between 1 and 2. After that, no idea because all the oceanics/asians have gone to sleep already.
    Edited by ritsuko on April 24, 2014 2:32AM
    Synapse - SEA/Oceanic Hardcore PvP/RvR
    www.synapse-guild.com
  • Marstar
    Marstar

Or your oceanic population could always reroll to the other factions to create an even population, rather than complaining that there aren't enough EP or DC players. Oh no, that would mean you aren't on the winning alliance anymore.

Yeah, we're all gonna re-roll our VR10's and grind it out for another 3 weeks in PvE .... just so the Coat-tail riders can reroll their level15's to follow us?

There are plenty of Oceanic Guilds on EP and DC. They were in Cyrodiil in the 1st week and they haven't rerolled.

Last night AD was not locked and EP/DC were consistently at 2-3 bars all they way through to 4am AEST.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marstar wrote: »

Yeah, we're all gonna re-roll our VR10's and grind it out for another 3 weeks in PvE .... just so the Coat-tail riders can reroll their level15's to follow us?

There are plenty of Oceanic Guilds on EP and DC. They were in Cyrodiil in the 1st week and they haven't rerolled.

Last night AD was not locked and EP/DC were consistently at 2-3 bars all they way through to 4am AEST.

Which hasn't happened in weeks. I hope it stays this way.
    NA/PC server
  • Gunsang
    Gunsang
    ✭✭✭
    An exception on a couple days isn't an excuse for the rest. Keep that in mind people before throwing "this had this that bar this" around.
    Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have. - Thomas Hildern
  • thefreezingvoid
    Marstar wrote: »

Yeah, we're all gonna re-roll our VR10's and grind it out for another 3 weeks in PvE ....

Well then, don't complain that you don't have competition if all you want to do is stack up on one alliance.

(Not you in particular, but your faction as a whole.)
    Edited by thefreezingvoid on April 24, 2014 3:46AM
  • ritsuko
    ritsuko
    There is a real problem. 600 DC logs on to take 6 Emperor Keeps after we go to sleep. Damn night cappers.
    Synapse - SEA/Oceanic Hardcore PvP/RvR
    www.synapse-guild.com
  • wnwtan
    wnwtan

Not for long. About a week or two ago EP had just taken the lead by a few points. Now the AD is 23,000 points ahead. It's not going to stay balanced very long at this rate.

You speak as if no one's thought of that. We have, and we found a few dozen people. What we have now is what we've got, and all we're likely to get.
    So unless we get a few hundred or a few thousand Oceanic/Pacific people to buy the game and go EP or DC, the server will continue this way.
    Sure didn't help that so many people deleted their EP and DC characters and went AD "because they're winning". I personally know of about 30-40 people who quit my previous Guild who did that.

Not really, i think all you need to do is to get them to move their butts out of whatever campaigns they are currently destroying and help in AB
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wnwtan wrote: »

Not really, i think all you need to do is to get them to move their butts out of whatever campaigns they are currently destroying and help in AB

I can't speak for the DC, but I l know the only two servers where the EP is ahead in score, Goldbrand and Hopesfire, our population never goes above Low. We're always on Auriel's Bow, Bloodthorn and Wabbajack. We don't have a campaign where we're destroying and are focusing, we've abandoned them for a while.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on April 24, 2014 1:15PM
    NA/PC server
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew it. The last two nights were a fluke, that or the AD let us keep Keeps and Scrolls to lull us into coming back. I log in this morning, AD has all Keeps and all Scrolls as usual, they're at Full population while EP and DC are at Low, on every server, so we're not "focusing on campaigns where we're destroying" like some think. We just don't have anyone on.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on April 24, 2014 2:56PM
    NA/PC server
  • Sylvanna
    Sylvanna
    I knew it. The last two nights were a fluke, that or the AD let us keep Keeps and Scrolls to lull us into coming back. I log in this morning, AD has all Keeps and all Scrolls as usual, they're at Full population while EP and DC are at Low, on every server, so we're not "focusing on campaigns where we're destroying" like some think. We just don't have anyone on.
    Proof:

1.png

Yes indeed. The last 2 nights were a fluke. I didn't manage to pvp today (cause making money is more important) but my guild's group was officially called off at 10pm GMT+8 because lack of enemies.

Noooooo...
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got rid of that old screenshot that wasn't working, here's one that does:
    nr5vid5k4q6o.jpg

Not a very big picture, so here's the link: cdn.vanillaforums.com/eso.vanillaforums.com/editor/ig/nr5vid5k4q6o.jpg

As you can see it's not that EP or DC are ignoring Auriel's for a server "Where we're dominating", we just have no one on while the AD is at Full. It seems that the vast, vast, VAST majority of Oceanic players are AD on Auriel's.

Normally by this time (11am EST) DC and EP would be at Medium or High on this server... but now we're only at Low. People are jumping ship quickly.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on April 24, 2014 3:17PM
    NA/PC server
  • Sebyos
    Sebyos
    Just got rid of that old screenshot that wasn't working, here's one that does:
    nr5vid5k4q6o.jpg

Not a very big picture, so here's the link: cdn.vanillaforums.com/eso.vanillaforums.com/editor/ig/nr5vid5k4q6o.jpg

I log in every morning and this is what I'v been seeing every time between 8 EST and 11-12a.m. EST for the last 8 days. The map is always fully yellow and the population very one sided.

Kind of sucks if you care about global points, but with that happening, I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't care about points anymore. It's as irrelevant as it was in GW2 when I was on Island on Janthir winning so often because of our oceanic guilds were capping all maps during the night. By the way, it was so boring that I switched to another server. Not sure why people like waking up to a fully controlled map and winning because of it's night crew owning a deserted campaign. I sure didn't.

I'd say at this point what matters is what happens on prime time and on equal populations. According to prime time battles, I think it's clear that AD isn't dominating on the field as much as it is dominating in points. But most importantly, as a DC player, I'm having a lot of fun as I believe our alliance is very competitive with their smalls groups of 24.

Now as for the OP, please release this addon already !
    Edited by Sebyos on April 24, 2014 4:24PM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By these numbers it seems the majority of AD isn't interested in even battles or good competition, they just want to just play on a server where they utterly dominate. For crying out loud, Dawnbreaker is still at High or Full AD population every night even though EP and DC hasn't gone above Low since Early Access.

In contrast, even though the EP is dominating on Goldbrand and Hopesfire and the DC on Chrysamere and Skullcrusher, their populations never go above Low, even in prime time. The vast majority EP and DC are playing on Bloodthorn and Wabbajack, where the battles have been INTENSE in the past week.

So I say let the AD have Auriel's Bow. EP and DC, hell, even you AD people who want a good fight, come to Wabbajack or Bloodthorn. There you get good competition, even numbers, and you're not outnumbered 10 to 1 in the wee hours of the morning by any faction. Don't worry, the majority of AD won't follow us there. After all, they still haven't left Dawnbreaker.
    NA/PC server
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously the game needs a pause button, while I'm at work.. in the bathroom.. eating.. sleeping.. taking the dog out.. basically doing anything except ESO the campaigns should all stop and nobody should be allowed to play until I return. Zenimax please fix this because it's ruining the game.