Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any old farts out there?...Or am I the only one.

• dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    55 here. I'm thinking that after 5.1K of views and 300 some posts, maybe there should be a thread "Anyone who is not an old fart out there?".
    The Sidekick Order
  • foxsyd
    foxsyd
    ✭✭✭
    I tweeted this tread because it was so awesome, got a lot of retweets. You know what that means... Old people are awesome!
    Join my guild!
    "Thank Sanguine its Fredas"
    North America Server, Ebonheart Pact, PVE/PVP, friendly & funny community. Welcomes all types of players!
    Preachers of #TeamIsland - Share your adventures and screen caps on our Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/268541133324278/
  • AdeusObsidiusCorvus
    46 enjoy MMOs ... and popping footballs that are kicked into my garden ;) On EU server. Bit of an altaholic as per my sig so if you see a three named Imperial wandering about (all factions!) looking confused feel free to say hi!
    Adeus Obsidius Corvus Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant,
    Adeus Obsidius Infernus Sorceror Daggerfall Covenant,
    Adeus Obsidius Daemonus Templar Daggerfall Covenant.
    Adeus Obsidius Draconis Dragonknight Ebonheart Pact,
    Verus Incendus Daedrus Nightblade Ebonheart Pact,
    Verus Incendus Arcanus Sorceror Ebonheart Pact.
    Verus Incendus Seraphus Templar Aldmeri Dominion,
    Verus Incendus Scorpius Dragonknight Aldmeri Dominion.
  • Accident_Pr0ne
    46 enjoy MMOs ... and popping footballs that are kicked into my garden ;) On EU server. Bit of an altaholic as per my sig so if you see a three named Imperial wandering about (all factions!) looking confused feel free to say hi!

Hi m8..
    “Rusty Old Weapons”
    We are active in the EU server.
    ROW is a guild for mature players, men and women in the age of 30 40 and 50 or older.
    Feel free to visit our websit www.rustyweapons.com
  • Evilmog
    Evilmog
    Old farts in gaming is misleading, I've had a very successful 18 year gaming career. Starting with MUDs back in the early 90s, to UO in 97, to EQ in 99, to WoW in 08, to SWTOR whenever that released, back to WoW, back to EQ for a bit, now here.

18 years of gaming, and I feel old too....IM ONLY 30!!!
  • mithrendiel
    mithrendiel
    ✭✭
    I am 36, but my mom plays, and she is 62. <3
  • Volion
    Volion
    Old School...
    Edited by Volion on April 21, 2014 8:41PM
  • sociald100ub17_ESO
    well I guess Accident prone found out hes not the only old fart out there.
  • Monyan
    Monyan
    ✭✭
    35 here, I've found this thread and somehow felt young again B)
    Hail Sithis!
  • megrampsrwb17_ESO
    I'm 78 and most likely be kick the bucket before I get ingame again due to this Access code debacle.
  • Calaban
    Calaban
    ✭✭✭
    44!
  • dreildragb14_ESO
    Im 40 but stopped really looking at my own age at 24, I mean at 21 your old enough to smoke and drink so whats the point of counting anymore? Well unless your looking forward to retiring.
  • bdipaulyb16_ESO
    bdipaulyb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am 43 in May and still feel like I am 18
  • m1sf1t711
    m1sf1t711
    Soul Shriven
    45 :-)
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    RavensHell wrote: »
    34 here. I thoroughly enjoyed reading each one of your posts. I remember playing my first game at about 8 years old and running around my small town with a bunch of other young adventurers, with a stick as my sword and a garbage can lid as a shield . After getting my first computer at about 12 I discovered Bulletin Board Systems and playing games such as LORD, Usurper, text based MUDS - as well as offline games like King's Quest and Ultima.

I think I enjoyed reading your posts so much because I know I'm just like the rest of you - I'll never stop playing, never stop imagining. I'll be there one day the same as all of you, playing games with my children and grandchildren - unless my rockstar lifestyle doesn't make short work of me first *laugh*. Forever young at heart and mind. Very happy to share this game experience with you folks. Much respect to my elders.

I played Ultima and discovered you could take money from the castle. I remember to this day when the guy said, "You will NEVER be an Avatar!" :-( Been chaotic good ever since.
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    OFC_it wrote: »
    I was born in 57. And this October I will be 57.

Yep I'm doing the 57/57 thing this year.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a pong system for Christmas in the seventies, been on the bleeding edge ever since with consoles and home computers.

How many of you had friends come sit in your living room and try to solve the Zork games? No graphics, but it was the most amazing thing ever.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • AVCN
    AVCN
    ✭✭
    48. Argonian, Dragon knight Ebonheart Pact, getting used to having my tail handled at a silver dish while soloing Cyrodill. Hey, so what? I like to wander and explore...
  • Kasa
    Kasa
    Soul Shriven
    52 here and hubby is 55! :) We both love ESO.
  • Dread_Takhisis
    35 here, played Asheron's Call for 10 years. Seems like ever since WoW came out that there is an influx of foul mouthed keyboard warriors in the MMORPG community. I rarely pay attention to area/zone chat anymore due to the <insert pointedly racist/sexist/etc> remarks that constantly spew forth from the younger generation of gamers.
    I would love to get into a guild dedicated for older, more mature players.

Oldtimersguild.com
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
  • Saihung423
    Saihung423
    ✭✭✭
    An old 40 here. I may not be pulling social security, but I wake up every night to pee and I don't like kids on my lawn or touching my stuff. And that "music" as they call it nowadays just makes me mad. Where is all the power chords? Why is Justin Beiber popular? Who the hell is Selena Gomez? And is Lourde Madonna's daughter?

I am confused, angry, and slightly deranged. I believe that makes me overqualified:P
  • Accident_Pr0ne
    35 here, played Asheron's Call for 10 years. Seems like ever since WoW came out that there is an influx of foul mouthed keyboard warriors in the MMORPG community. I rarely pay attention to area/zone chat anymore due to the <insert pointedly racist/sexist/etc> remarks that constantly spew forth from the younger generation of gamers.
    I would love to get into a guild dedicated for older, more mature players.

Oldtimersguild.com

Your welcome m8
    “Rusty Old Weapons”
    We are active in the EU server.
    ROW is a guild for mature players, men and women in the age of 30 40 and 50 or older.
    Feel free to visit our websit www.rustyweapons.com
  • northf
    northf
    65 here in Japan. I use Xbox 360 controler with Xpadder. I am waiting for Dark Souls 2 (PC version).
  • Zaphod42
    Zaphod42
    58 here. Seems like there are a lot of us! And I get the feeling we're all young at heart B)
  • druidh
    druidh
    46... But our "guild" was formed first in TA Kingdoms (Cavedog), expressly to bypass the immaturity. A little old-school etiquette goes a long way.
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭
    Though I am 40+ in age, my farts, few and far in between, are always fresh and scented lightly with strawberry or lemon verbena.

...you learn how to do that at 37. Geez, OP. ;)
    Turgenev || PS | COH | STO | TSW | ESOProud Member of IRON Phoenix
    "Remember. You chose this death." - Lucifer
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭
    And as far as "you're as old as you feel," I had this chat with my 16 year old niece last night while I was negotiating an armor craft for a lowbie dragon knight. Her bf was watching it chat, then declaimed, "you have the awesomest uncle ever, can we team?"

Yeah. I take pride in the fact that though I get older, I never got old.

-Turgenev
    Veteran: City of Heroes, Planetside, Star Trek Online, The Secret World
    Turgenev || PS | COH | STO | TSW | ESOProud Member of IRON Phoenix
    "Remember. You chose this death." - Lucifer
  • koldmiser
    koldmiser
    Soul Shriven
    Hopefully not breaking any rules by posting this, but try this group out. Great group of old farts.

http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/content.php
  • GaBacon
    GaBacon
    ✭✭
    im 43 and stuff.
  • Oldschool1964
    49 here, and never grew out of playing games. However, I've heard this rumor about a large glowing hot object in sky. I'll check after I finish this quest, ooh look another quest....

Any old gamers feel free to look me up. I'll look into this old timers guild as well.

So when I scream at screen, "Hey kid get off my quest" I'll feel less idiotic