Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any old farts out there?...Or am I the only one.

• Dread_Takhisis
    koldmiser wrote: »
    Hopefully not breaking any rules by posting this, but try this group out. Great group of old farts.

http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/content.php

I joined when I was trying to get into Darkfall II and ended up letting my membership become de-activated. Just looked into re-activating it, and its just too much work. Its like I am being punished for not posting on the forums. Would like to get into the guild, but the requirements are just too extensive.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
  • cozmikb14_ESO
    cozmikb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    43 here, gamer for life! :)
  • pawnstorms
    pawnstorms
    Soul Shriven
    62 here, also a gamer for as long as I can keep going on or till I go out feet first!!!
  • Accident_Pr0ne
    koldmiser wrote: »
    Hopefully not breaking any rules by posting this, but try this group out. Great group of old farts.

http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/content.php

Nice multi gaming website m8.
    How about ours?
    http://www.raptor-games.com/index.php

Not really ESO yet :| ...But we are working on that. o:)

Regards
    “Rusty Old Weapons”
    We are active in the EU server.
    ROW is a guild for mature players, men and women in the age of 30 40 and 50 or older.
    Feel free to visit our websit www.rustyweapons.com
  • darkstud5b14_ESO
    darkstud5b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    will be 34 this November so not an old fart yet but glad to see there are so may here that are playing and enjoying the game. /respect
    Leon the Remorseless - AD - Templar/Werewolf
  • Dayel
    Dayel
    ✭✭✭
    66, but have been gaming since the 80s.
  • Glenfidich
    Glenfidich
    Soul Shriven
    48 Here , i have a 3 person guild and would be happy to have more folks that enjoy helping and just play the game
    Our Guild is called Anti-social (pun intended) we usually play with the chat window off . we have a mumble server that we use to chat it up.

Message me @Glenfidich and we can chat more ..Looking forward to have a few new "old farts " heheh .
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    43 here. I've been gaming since I first turned on my Intellivision. Then my love for the Atari 2600 lead to many nights of mad gamin' skills.

*protip* One button and a joy stick leads to mad gamin' skills later!

Of course then Nintendo came along and I saved the princess numerous times! Then Playstation, and N64 were great!

Too this day 3 of my favorite games of all time came from the N64 and Playstation sytems. Goldeneye and Mario Kart 64 for the N64 lead to many laughs with friends via 4 player split screen games. And last but not least, Twisted Metal 2 on the Playstation - Super fun with friends!

I hopped on the PC bandwagon back in 1999 when I stumbled upon Everquest at my local Target store in Computer game section. Pretty much left the console world behind after playing in a massive online world.

Logged into Norrath as a complete "newby" in both pc gaming and MMORPGS. I was so new that I was actually trying to /say chat to the banker, and thinking the guy was rude for not responding to me!

Yeah I was that much of a "noob". It was glorious..xD I went on to slay Dragons and Gods, and still have many great memories of my all time favorite MMO.

I've been playing MMORPGS ever since (15 years straight) and still going strong. I focus more on PVP these days, but spent many years raiding competitively.

**It's nice to see folks around my age out there! At times /zone chat makes me feel so old and out of touch Lol. Keep gaming my old time friends!**
    Edited by Kyotee0071 on April 15, 2014 5:09PM
    I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

• eobethb14_ESO
    eobethb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    45 here.

My first gaming system you had to get up and change the plastic static cling "levels" off the TV. What a great system! LOL.

Been dungeon diving since nethack. I miss my little d.

Met my other half in EQ during a Plane of Hate raid. I usually just say we met online....it is almost socially acceptable these days.
  • shadowwolf35ub17_ESO
    I recently celebrated my 43rd birthday. I have been gaming since I was little. My husband (soon to be 40 himself), teases me about being, "the last of the gamer chics..." Of course, I know this to be a falsehood. We are both gamers for life! Currently, we are looking for a mature, friendly, drama free guild, or just nice people to run with, etc... We enjoyed Beta greatly, and are now hoping to get to know more of the community better. B)
    Edited by shadowwolf35ub17_ESO on April 15, 2014 7:50PM
    Lunara Merrick - Imperial Templar - Aldmeri Dominion (NA Server)
    Boca Boo - Khajiit Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion (NA Server)
    <3>:)
    “It is not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @castigulaub17_ESO,

I'm not @Sue_D_Nim, but I happened to see your post and since I'm in the same guild I thought about answering you :)

Perhaps you already solved the question, and in that case just ignore my post :blush:
    Sue what faction is the guild. I signed up on the website, but forgot to look at where the guild is located. Nice job starting up the guild.
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »
    Well, I caved. I made an "Old Fart's Guild" because I was getting antsy waiting to see if anybody was going to make one. :D

I figure it'll turn out to be less of a guild than a base for old farts to find each other and meet up. If we're all adding each other to our friend list anyway, why not make a guild out of it so we can have a guild bank? B)

[edited] Anybody who'd like to join us, head on over to our website at http://antique-ordinatus-populus.enjin.com and fill out an application!

The guild is based on the Aldmeri Dominion alliance, but currently, in the guild, there are chars on all alliances. I personally have one char in each one, and I'm currently switching between them very frequently. And I think some of the other members do this too :)

I hope you find the guild for you taste :)

Cheers,
    Leandro.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • strgzr
    strgzr
    63 here - Just starting on this. Love Skyrim too!
    -
  • savinel
    savinel
    ✭✭
    50 here. Began playing MMOs when they were still text-based, a 56Kb dial-up connection was fast, and you payed by the HOUR!

Gemstone on GEnie, anyone?
    Today's main: Hits Like Wet Noodle, Argonian Templar, Ebonheart Pact

.. and stop calling me "Vestige!"
  • Data0002
    Data0002
    Soul Shriven
    46 in November
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, @leeux. @castigulaub17_ESO, sorry I missed your post, since the question was addressed to me. I stopped following this thread when it became somewhat overwhelming. Besides, I've seen several people mention their guilds, and I didn't want to look like I was monopolizing the thread.

If you want Anybody who wants, stop by antique-ordinatus-populus.enjin.com and browse around. Fill in an application if you like us.
    Edited by Sue_D_Nim on April 15, 2014 9:29PM
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • halftrackb14_ESO
    59 years young here I will turn 60 in Aug. I would love to find a old farts guild.
  • ethedead
    ethedead
    Meogi wrote: »
    40 years old here. but I agreed with my mum to claim I am 30. She thinks it makes her look old to have a 40 year old kid (she is 64).

Ha, my mom is 69 living in this retirement community where golf an pickleball are the thing. She is forever rolling here eyes at the slightly older women telling she can't have any kids old to remember x (pick on. Reagan, Nixon, The Pinto, Happy Days )
  • blueline
    blueline
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone! Wow, it is good to see there are so many "more mature" gamers around and rockin'!

My first foray into computer gaming required a cassette tape drive...so yeah, I've been around! That and the fact my soon to be 25 yr old son plays ESO too....yep, matured like ole cheese I be.

Add me to the list and hit me up in game @blueline, getting on with a group of like minded folks would be awesome!
  • lioslinn
    lioslinn
    ✭✭✭
    haha love this thread. Lifelong roleplayer and gamer here too.

I refuse to say my age outright BUT I played the first video game, used to stick that white tape across my tv to play pong...

the C64 was the first love of my life, snazzy 16 colors, 40k of memory and blazzing fast (ie 15 minutes) loading times on cassette tapes. Tons of great titles. Yes I still have it and it still works =p it lead me to a career in computers which I still enjoy.

I loved the zork games. Mind bending puzzles that we'd spend hours figuring out. Hearing 'your lamp has run out' makes me twitch.

Forbidden forest was SO creepy, I would only play it with all lights on and with my room door open heh.

Played all of the awesome Ultima series. If you got greedy and stole something your companions (npcs) would desert you and you'd lose virtue points. I think I have lingering guilt from those days when I steal stuff in ES haha

That of course led me to UO. I played MUDS for a while but soon discovered the second love of my life, EQ where I met the third love of my life - my husband! ;) We played EQ together for years. Ah the memories. MMOs were more raw, much harder, infuriating yet more compelling and satisfying. Corpse runs, 20 minute waits for the boat, attacking other cities, trying to outrun NPC guards who would kill you in one blow, downtime to regen mana, PVP arena events, great RP guilds etc ad nauseatum. People were more social because you had no choice ha! Dang I miss those days.

I 've finished every single elder scrolls title, including the first one, Arena. Love the series. Other favorites: planescape torment, vampire the masquerade bloodlines, the fallout series; all titles with GREAT storylines.

I've played every major MMO. Favorites were Vanguard (so many great ideas, so little dev time...) , SWG (used to have a guild roaming cantinas around the galaxy, spewing out bad poetry on stage for /tips, good times), LOTRO (solid game) and lately my new crush, the secret world. Amazing game if you like modern day setting, and/or the world of darkness (white wolf RP setting), more mature setting, great story, no levels or classes and quests where you have to *gasp* think!

when my 3 year old son asks me to see 'mommy's lizard' (ie my argonian in ESO) I feel a strange pride. OK he'll probably grow up to be embarrassed by his geek parents but for now he finds it cool so I'm enjoying it while it lasts ;) (I stay in cities and don't show him fights! I don't think young kids should play too many video games but that's a topic for another day!)

I'll definitely join one of the guilds listed here ;)
    Edited by lioslinn on April 16, 2014 6:09AM
    reality.sys corrupted-reboot universe [y/n] _
  • D00fD1ll4
    D00fD1ll4
    ✭✭
    Feels strange to be one of the youngest around here in this thread with my 38 years :)
  • Phattank
    Phattank
    42 Today an still gaming ;)
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭
    Kyotee0071 wrote: »
    43 here. I've been gaming since I first turned on my Intellivision. Then my love for the Atari 2600 lead to many nights of mad gamin' skills.

*protip* One button and a joy stick leads to mad gamin' skills later!

Of course then Nintendo came along and I saved the princess numerous times! Then Playstation, and N64 were great!

Too this day 3 of my favorite games of all time came from the N64 and Playstation sytems. Goldeneye and Mario Kart 64 for the N64 lead to many laughs with friends via 4 player split screen games. And last but not least, Twisted Metal 2 on the Playstation - Super fun with friends!

I hopped on the PC bandwagon back in 1999 when I stumbled upon Everquest at my local Target store in Computer game section. Pretty much left the console world behind after playing in a massive online world.

Logged into Norrath as a complete "newby" in both pc gaming and MMORPGS. I was so new that I was actually trying to /say chat to the banker, and thinking the guy was rude for not responding to me!

Yeah I was that much of a "noob". It was glorious..xD I went on to slay Dragons and Gods, and still have many great memories of my all time favorite MMO.

I've been playing MMORPGS ever since (15 years straight) and still going strong. I focus more on PVP these days, but spent many years raiding competitively.

**It's nice to see folks around my age out there! At times /zone chat makes me feel so old and out of touch Lol. Keep gaming my old time friends!**

I trump your old timer gamer creds by calling up my first gaming experience: Blip. Hot as heck multiplayer, and it was all spring based.

;)
    Turgenev || PS | COH | STO | TSW | ESOProud Member of IRON Phoenix
    "Remember. You chose this death." - Lucifer
  • Exordium
    Exordium
    44 years young here- I love escaping into games after a hard day at work :)
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.... I`m all out of bubblegum..."
  • Raventiger_sb
    46 here. I'm a long time Elder Scrolls fan. As someone above me said, gaming helps me forget my mobility impairments.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    35/m/Florida
    Enjoy gaming, lounging, walking dead show, and forging platemail pants in the nude.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    35/m/Florida
    Enjoy gaming, lounging, walking dead show, and forging platemail pants in the nude.

Ha, good luck buddy. If you find true love here let me know. I've been lookin' now for 43 years!

But you don't have to give your gender. I've been told there are no girls on the interwebz. :smiley:

/end being silly

I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

• Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    Phattank wrote: »
    42 Today an still gaming ;)

HAPPY BIIIIRTHDAY!!!!!

Asira Avalis - Mage
  • anghara
    anghara
    ✭✭✭
    Kyotee0071 wrote: »
    But you don't have to give your gender. I've been told there are no girls on the interwebz. :smiley:

/end being silly

It's true. All of us girls are figments of your imagination brought on by those stamps you licked in the 60's. :)
  • Mister_Crowley
    It's good to know I'm not the only one. It's easy to think "you're too old for this" sometimes. Make it a 30 and older guild, and you can count me in.
  • cthulhucometh
    Velektor wrote: »
    Enteum wrote: »
    Does 30 count?

No it doesn't
    Yay! Because I'm 28! I don't want to feel any older than I already am LOL