Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any old farts out there?...Or am I the only one.

• Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be 54 in a couple of months. As a fellow old fart, allow me to add my name @SueDNim. Please feel free to add me to add me to your friend list or contact me in game for a little questing, a little dungeoneering, a little walking around smelling the flowers, or a little light roleplaying combined with either or all of the above.

Please do send me an email letting me know who you are, though. I decline all blind invitations on principle.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Basil_oz
    Basil_oz
    ✭✭✭
    Turned 51 three days after ESO launch.

Remember the days when playing a computer adventure game was not dissimilar to being on a forum?

You turn right.
    A troll is looking at you expectantly.
    You hit troll.
    With what?
    You hit troll with hammer.
    Troll is injured.
    Hit troll with hammer.
    Hit troll with hammer.
    Hit troll with hammer.

I'll tell you, there are a few trolls on this forum I wouldn't mind hitting with a hammer! Damn whipper snappers!

[Grumbles and slowly wanders away from the screen. Stops. Looks away to distance, thinking hard. Can't remember why he wandered away from screen. Scratches backside. Wanders back to screen.]

Looking forward to bringing a bit of maturity and experience with you all in Tamriel.
    NA Mega-server
    Basilthwaite - male Nord Templar Ebonheart Pact (unwittingly looks like Hulk Hogan. Trying to find some bright gold breeches to match the persona.)

Arwen Basilrond - female Wood Elf Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion (this character is smoken', but she's been advised to quite due to 'elf reasons!)

Sir Basil Ozarian - male Imperial Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant (this character is titled, but not entitled!)
  • stylernaku
    stylernaku
    ✭✭✭
    Soon 35 here representing. I have to say this game, so far, seems to have one of the most mature player bases I have come across when online gaming. Good stuff!. Oh apart from last night with the idiots killing the spawned werewolves when people were trying to get bitten. Bad form I say!!!
  • daviddegernier
    61! Does that qualify me for a travel waypoint concession card in-game?
    Edited by daviddegernier on April 12, 2014 6:57PM
  • Grageeky
    Grageeky
    ✭✭✭
    Gray and geeky @54 :D
    "Perhaps his egg spent too much time in the shade before his hatching." -Wareem-
  • ScarletV
    ScarletV
    Soul Shriven
    I'm 47, been an 'adventurer' with games since they were invented. OMG kids today don't even realise there was a life before the web. What the heck did we used to do? Anyways, this is my first time online gaming, my hubby has become an ESO widower ... but funny he's not complaining he's watching all the TV shows he likes ... xx
  • Jessabella
    Jessabella
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back when we still had tester groups, Zenithars were the retirement home of the ESO beta testers :) or as I like to think of them, where I looked for Grandfatherly or grandmotherly advice.

37 next month myself, so not quite old, but I am already on a 65 + health insurance plan if that counts! (no idea how I ended up with that plan, but hey they give me free rides to my Dr visits, so I wont complain)
    Mara's Tester <3Psijic Order/PTS Tester
    Jessabella >:)Belladonna Bacia >:)Serves her Master >:)Aurora Rose
    Mara's Moxie <3The Sidekick Order <3The Psijic Order <3Elder Moot
    And my big fat Naked Nord :pAte my Clothes
  • ScarletV
    ScarletV
    Soul Shriven
    Is there an 'Old Farts' Guild/group I could join. I need help with my arthritis potion, where do I craft a new hip from my maple wood?
  • kevin19_ESO
    59 here. College professor. Gaming is my hobby.
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    48 here. Would enjoy being around players my own age that actually understand playing a game is a recreation and not a way of life... I think. ;) Please send ingame email to @AyricaDalessio. If there's a guild I think I would like an invite, please.
    Edited by Thrudra_Magia on April 12, 2014 8:16PM
  • kevin19_ESO
    I'd join an "Elders" guild as one of my five guilds...
  • Czinger
    Czinger
    ✭✭
    34 here.

I do prefer to play with the older folks over the teenagers any day. They know how to play a game and just have fun with it.
  • slymerub17_ESO
    old guy reporting in. I'm 39
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 67 and this is my first MMO. I have been playing shooters since Doom.

My son, who is 42, and I, have been having a blast learning how to play this strange game. I have played Skyrim quite a lot but he knows very little about this 'non shooter' world.

We are doing very well. His Wood Elf sneaky guy and my Altmer witch have done one dungeon together. I have been letting him alone but I think after that romp he'll want to do more coop play.

I played the beta since Jan and I have built quite a few chars. My Red Witch, first female char ever, is my best so far. Focused, very deadly, and punching well above her weight. I have 2 quests at twice my level. ;)

A tip for the Fighter's Guild. You need level 2 to get the very fine Silver Bolts, but with Dothia being such a *** that can be difficult. Just sign up for the guild and go fight every Dark Anchor and Fissure you can find. I had Silver Bolts before I started the first mission. ;)
  • JoeSchlock
    JoeSchlock
    ✭✭
    This one is 42 in june.
    I do know where my towel is;)
    Edited by JoeSchlock on April 12, 2014 8:51PM
  • Khastle
    Khastle
    ✭✭
    45 Here.. and knowing where your towel is is very important...
    and remember..
    thank you for the fish.

• Woogawoman
    Woogawoman
    ✭✭✭
    48, but my hair is purple and pink, not blue. I don't consider myself an old fart by a long shot.

Also, I would totally join an "over 40" guild. :D
    Aetherium Oblivion Alliance - 40+ Mature Gamers Guild (NA)
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
  • Phranq
    Phranq
    ✭✭✭
    I am up for the 40+ guild.. send me a tell @Gulnar
    PS.. my GF plays while I am at work.. she is still a youngun tho so ignore her.;)
    Edited by Phranq on April 12, 2014 9:25PM
  • Mosti
    Mosti
    ✭✭✭
    Turning 21 nex... Whoops I'm in the wrong thread
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    ScarletV wrote: »
    I'm 47, been an 'adventurer' with games since they were invented. OMG kids today don't even realise there was a life before the web. What the heck did we used to do? Anyways, this is my first time online gaming, my hubby has become an ESO widower ... but funny he's not complaining he's watching all the TV shows he likes ... xx
    I used to run around the back yard by myself with a wooden sword and a bow made out of a coat hanger, a rubber band, and my brother's old archery practice arrow, and pretend to do exactly what I'm doing here.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ROF (Registered Old Fart) here. 63 and getting better every day. Taking my time leveling, let the hotheads race to the top. Everyone having fun their own way!
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    48, but my hair is purple and pink, not blue. I don't consider myself an old fart by a long shot.

Also, I would totally join an "over 40" guild. :D
    Phranq wrote: »
    I am up for the 40+ guild.. send me a tell @Gulnar
    PS.. my GF plays while I am at work.. she is still a youngun tho so ignore her.;)

Well, I caved. I made an "Old Fart's Guild" because I was getting antsy waiting to see if anybody was going to make one. :D

I figure it'll turn out to be less of a guild than a base for old farts to find each other and meet up. If we're all adding each other to our friend list anyway, why not make a guild out of it so we can have a guild bank? B)

[edited] Anybody who'd like to join us, head on over to our website at http://antique-ordinatus-populus.enjin.com and fill out an application! We have 40-somethings, 50-somethings, and 60-somethings just hanging out and enjoying the game and chat.
    Edited by Sue_D_Nim on April 22, 2014 6:04PM
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Awesome thread :smile:

I'll be 42 by the end of the year and I'd love to team up with likely minded people.

Joined in random groups a couple of times, and loved the feeling of playing in a team, but I normally try to avoid random grouping...

So if an 'Elder Farts' ( :smiley:) guild for us old timers is formed please post/inform here! I'm not a member of any guild yet, but I'd gladly join one if/when created!

And I avoid the zone chat too :)

Best wishes!
    Leandro.

PS: And wow, AlienSlof is here: uttermost respect for you and all your work! I hope you're well (I'm an old time bethsoft official forum goer.) Kind regards and all my best wishes to you <3
    Edited by leeux on April 12, 2014 10:30PM
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Haxon
    Haxon
    Soul Shriven
    40 here. Great to see older people than me enjoying games like this.
    To me i enjoy after a hard day at work, coming home and entering a fantasy world where i can be anything, sup a few ciders and chill out, great to see the Elders here.
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haxon wrote: »
    40 here. Great to see older people than me enjoying games like this.
    To me i enjoy after a hard day at work, coming home and entering a fantasy world where i can be anything, sup a few ciders and chill out, great to see the Elders here.

This is exactly what I do too! 'Cept sometimes it's beer instead :)
    In fact I'm doing just that right now
    Edited by Crumpy on April 12, 2014 11:01PM
    I lyke not this quill.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rosamond wrote: »
    Lol, I think I have seniority here. 70 at the end of April, but this is all my son's fault! He got me started in EQ2, then my grandson came along, now there's a grand daughter......and the list goes on! Gaming is a great way to stay young and be part of my grandchildren's lives. My grandson gave me the best compliment ever yesterday when he said, you know Grandma, OTHER people ask me to do favors like wash the dishes and take out the garbage. Only YOU ask me to help find treasure in Stros M'kai.

This is made of awesome! Reminds me of when my nephew found out his aunt was AlienSlof, modder of Elder scrolls games (his favourites) and he was using quite a lot of 'auntie's' mods! Made his day when he found out!

Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a prostate exam away from 50. I go back to pong and evolved through the BBS.( the internet before the internet ). My first RPG was a text base game on the Tandy-TRS 80. Don't even ask me what the Hell it was. I often forget what I wrote in a previous paragraph let alone 40 years.

I had a lot of time away from it but I picked up gaming again about 6 years ago. I was waiting on a pizza and stepped next door to look around in GameStop. I had an original Xbox in the closet and came across the Oblivion GOTY.

I've been an avid fan of the series ever since. I became a frequent member of the Beth forums and was smitten again by the FO series as well. I dabbled in EVE for a few months about a year ago. That was my first MMO experience. ESO is number two.

Like @Sue_D_Nim, I too disregard any unknown invite. But I am interested in joining you all. My only drawback is that I don't use the chat. I mean I can but it takes me way too long to get anything conveyed. I'm no typist and utilizing only my index finger form an otherwise balled fist, I look like a praying mantis attacking a moth.

That... and I implement measures to remove everything on the UI except for the targeted enemy bar and my character's M/H/S. I am into RPing rather heavily and I am all for using VOIP to communicate with small groups.

However, that doesn't mean I'm limited to that. I enjoy just playing and having a blast while doing it.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering if there are any people out there bwith the same hobby as me....If so feel free to invite me in your friends list....Maybe to team up sometimes.

@Accident_Pr0ne
    50 years old ;)

I'm 34

That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried sending friend invitations, but mostly I just get "unknown account."