Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any old farts out there?...Or am I the only one.

• shadowwolf35ub17_ESO
    Aricle wrote: »
    Scintilla wrote: »
    Not just me then lol I shy away from grouping now as, apparently, I'm a:

1) Noob
    2) Stupid Noob
    3) Idiot
    4) Why the **** are you not healing me idiot?
    5) Fill in the rest yourself as you catch my drift, no?
    All of the above for me plus a number 6: random grouping requests from people who don't tell/share what quest or activity they're doing and don't respond to my asking what the quest is then leave the group. :confused:

I see an offshoot of the ESO Elders: the new player Elders. I'd be happy to group with you, send me a friend request or pm. :smile:

@Aricle and @Scintilla

It absolutely drives me crazy when someone sends me a blind invite without a whisper/tell, and even crazier when they don't answer me, if I've taken the time to group with them. I had a player the other day say, "Follow me..." That so all. I couldn't get anything else out of them. What's the point of grouping if there's not going to be a sense of fellowship, or communication?!

While, I haven't been called a "Noob" (been playing since Beta), or other offensive terms yet, I know how off putting it can be. Don't give up. As a whole, I think the Eso community is one of the best I've seen in ages.

Ps... If all else fails, we always have "The Back to School" celebration to look forward too!
    Edited by shadowwolf35ub17_ESO on April 19, 2014 7:28PM
    Lunara Merrick - Imperial Templar - Aldmeri Dominion (NA Server)
    Boca Boo - Khajiit Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion (NA Server)
    <3>:)
    “It is not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Scintilla
    Scintilla
    ✭✭
    And shouldn't it be spelled (or spelt) "Newb" anyway :p Bah! It's not even a word....
    Jesus! Did I SAY that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?
  • Mykaah
    Mykaah
    53 and an avid gamer from way back. My first MMO was SWG, moved on to EQ2 and DAoC then dabbled in Rift, Aion, and LoTR. I generally shy away from grouping because of bad experiences with overly serious group leaders that take all the fun out of the game for me. If there is a relaxed over 40 guild on Daggerfall Covenant, I'd very interested in joining. I'm "Mykaah" in game as well.
  • Taylia
    Taylia
    Soul Shriven
    Just turned 40 here and been playing MMO's since Asheron's Call & DAOC (have some friends who I'm still in touch with from those days). Would be great to group up with some of you guys as I normally tend to steer clear of PUG's to avoid the issues mentioned earlier in this thread :)
  • Dopybks
    Dopybks
    Im 50 now, pushing 51, got into on-line PC gaming at about the time of Half Life, (death match), data core, boot camp, any of you remember that? For the record, I have repetitive strain injury and sciatica so after a long session of ESO, standing up hurts! Still have a lot of fun though. I punctuate my sessions by going down the pub!
  • Whikke
    Whikke
    Dopybks wrote: »
    ... I punctuate my sessions by going down the pub!

Hehe, then you should join the 'KMEE's Beer Bar' guild, lol.
  • Dopybks
    Dopybks
    I will have a look at that, thanks m8 :)
  • Victoria150
    44 here. Enjoying the game so far but i'm slow slow slow on the leveling thing. I'm level 12 and had it since 3 day early. I hate rushing and jumping everywhere. Keeping my eye open for an EU guild much like one already discussed. Dont have the best gear, slow on the skill buttons (compared to proper gamer) and dont really do 'builds' in any serious sense. Great to hear from like minded peeps or guilds. Name in game is Paramour Delaroux and I'm in UK.

My computing bug all started when I was a dab hand at curing Ram-Pack Wobble (anyone remember that?) with strategic blue-tack when I was 11 and had a ZX81. Played on and off ever since - hated WoW but loved Eve Online. Probably speaks volumes in terms of my preference for slow burn. Cheers all o/
  • illogicbh
    illogicbh
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you guys should spend more time with your families? This game is meant for 18-25 year old that dont have families yet
    Savvy?

• Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    illogicbh wrote: »
    Maybe you guys should spend more time with your families? This game is meant for 18-25 year old that dont have families yet

o.O
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • anghara
    anghara
    ✭✭✭
    Awwwww, look at the cute baby troll! *patpat*
  • epoling
    epoling
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL - People 18 to 25 should be starting families. Tired of this "I am not 30 so I am just a baby and shouldn't have babies" crap. Us older folks no longer have to worry about taking care of children, so we have the time to play. (And yes, it's our fault that we didn't make you grow up. I admit that.)

Anyway, I am 53, my wife is 52, and I am trying to get the core of my EQ2 guild to come here. They range from 55 to 75 and would have a blast here. *smile* And I love that there so many of us "old farts" around.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mssteffie
    mssteffie
    Well I feel better now :).. 45 but new to MMO's. I don't like that we can't search for guilds...you have to be invited. So if any of the guilds mentioned here would invite me that would be great!
  • Mrauseti
    Mrauseti
    ✭✭
    I'm a 65 year old woman who started online gaming in a game called The Realm. Then EQ, in 1998, got me hooked. I sure would love to find a guild made up of us "old" folks. Gaming keeps me young, it really truly does
  • Paks_ESO
    Paks_ESO
    ✭✭
    I'm definitely an old fart, and I see by the length of the thread there are many more of us out there. :) I started playing when M59 came out and haven't stopped. :p
    PC/NA
  • Accident_Pr0ne
    Mrauseti wrote: »
    I'm a 65 year old woman who started online gaming in a game called The Realm. Then EQ, in 1998, got me hooked. I sure would love to find a guild made up of us "old" folks. Gaming keeps me young, it really truly does
    :D RESPECT ;)

“Rusty Old Weapons”
    We are active in the EU server.
    ROW is a guild for mature players, men and women in the age of 30 40 and 50 or older.
    Feel free to visit our websit www.rustyweapons.com
  • Applemoth
    Applemoth
    ✭✭
    37 here. I would say that I'm 'middle aged' in gaming terms. :D My first gaming machine was the Amiga 500 - not as old as some, but still feels like a long time ago!
  • harperaven
    harperaven
    Soul Shriven
    Hi! I'm 35 and have been an addictive gamer since the days when they came out on those cassette tapes, BUT this is my first MMO so right now I'm just wandering around and probably creeping people out.
  • richardjameshillb16_ESO
    48 Here, My first system was a Mattel Intellivision, (used to love Astrosmash and Tron amongst others)

If there is an EU guild for older players without the Immature chat I am very interested.

Glad to see so many older people still enjoying Gaming
  • Accident_Pr0ne
    48 Here, My first system was a Mattel Intellivision, (used to love Astrosmash and Tron amongst others)

If there is an EU guild for older players without the Immature chat I am very interested.

Glad to see so many older people still enjoying Gaming

See my signature m8 o:)

Regards

“Rusty Old Weapons”
    We are active in the EU server.
    ROW is a guild for mature players, men and women in the age of 30 40 and 50 or older.
    Feel free to visit our websit www.rustyweapons.com
  • illisseelladanub17_ESO
    illogicbh wrote: »

My family plays ESO so I AM spending more time with them!

• Garie
    Garie
    Will be 46 this year and proud. I play ESO with my brother also in his 40's and my parents, both retired.

My gaming started way way back in the ZX Spectrum days, yes with the rubber keyboard that I later upgraded to the Quantum style keyboard. Upgraded to Commodore 64 before getting an Amiga 500 then 1200. Finally got a PC during the 486 DX2 days (pre Windows 95) although my 1st was a 386 and not much ram. Doom played more like a slide show.

My 1st MMO was Ultima Online and that had it's claws into me for a number of years so EQ passed my by totally.

Then came a number of other MMO's although I cant remember the order now or even if this list is complete (old age I guess :P) but here goes. How many remember these.

Asherons Call 2, Mankind, Jumpgate, LoTRO, EVE, Planetside 1 and 2, City of Heroes, WoW, EQ2, Tera, Rift, Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter.

Anyway, a big thumbs up to all the more mature players out there and remember, one day all the young ones bashing on us now will grow up to be just like us one day, complaining about all the their younger generation and then we can all have a laugh at how silly we ALL used be :)
    Edited by Garie on April 21, 2014 8:54AM
  • Mercbird
    Mercbird
    ✭✭
    Hey, we had a ZX Spectrum too!
    Turning 40 in a month and family time in my world is a co-op game. I'm usually a single player, but served as cannon fodder for my siblings in in Quake for years, thank god for left4dead B)
    I've avoided online gaming for the most part, but have enjoyed a brief encounter with some nice people on EVE, but yeah gaming for me is a chance to explore another world and I could not resist coming back to Vardenfell, and seeing Daggerfall and Stros M'kai
  • illogicbh
    illogicbh
    ✭✭✭
    I was joking fyi, I am 30
    Savvy?

• mekon_ESO
    mekon_ESO
    Suprised I haven't seen OTG (Old Timers Guild) here ... yet :? I'm 42.
  • ledalcub17_ESO
    63 here. I'm always amazed at how many of us are here. I always assume the people I'm in a group with are 15 but who knows...

And yes, I played pong when it first came out. Been addicted ever since. This is my first MMO though. Played Sims online for a while and tried WoW for about a week. Other than that I used to always play offline. I'm liking this now that I'm getting used to it.
  • Nefar
    Nefar
    ✭✭
    Just turned 41 this past weekend, been playing online RPG since the first one was released 'Never Winter Nights' back in 91. Been playing and testing since then, of course 'testing' now days is more of a preview of the game than a real job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEGKVUzHlGk

Industry has changed much since those days as has the players, unfortunately.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be 60 in July and I still feel like that young 25 year old, but he moves a lot slower these days.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Fudgeismade
    Woah cool! Look at this awesome thread!

I'm 37 years old, started playing text adventures on a Kaypro buisness computer. Played original atari, but never owned one, intellivision (anyone?), but really became addicted to the apple IIe. Ultima, snakebyte, wasteland, zork, bard's tale...

I was so excited to find the town of 'yew' right as the moon became full... now I play at 2560x1440 and have an Oculus Rift...

What is next??