Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any old farts out there?...Or am I the only one.

• Accident_Pr0ne
    It's good to know I'm not the only one. It's easy to think "you're too old for this" sometimes. Make it a 30 and older guild, and you can count me in.

Your welcome to join many guilds m8...
    “Rusty Old Weapons”
    We are active in the EU server.
    ROW is a guild for mature players, men and women in the age of 30 40 and 50 or older.
    Feel free to visit our websit www.rustyweapons.com
  • scabrous_ftz
    scabrous_ftz
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed seeing all of the "oldsters" on here.
    42 myself.
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    lioslinn wrote: »
    I've played every major MMO. Favorites were Vanguard (so many great ideas, so little dev time...) , SWG (used to have a guild roaming cantinas around the galaxy, spewing out bad poetry on stage for /tips, good times), LOTRO (solid game) and lately my new crush, the secret world. Amazing game if you like modern day setting, and/or the world of darkness (white wolf RP setting), more mature setting, great story, no levels or classes and quests where you have to *gasp* think!

when my 3 year old son asks me to see 'mommy's lizard' (ie my argonian in ESO) I feel a strange pride. OK he'll probably grow up to be embarrassed by his geek parents but for now he finds it cool so I'm enjoying it while it lasts ;) (I stay in cities and don't show him fights! I don't think young kids should play too many video games but that's a topic for another day!)

I'll definitely join one of the guilds listed here ;)
    Lioslinn,

Vanguard was so cool. I never even knew it existed until it recently was resurrected on Steam. Now I hear that that Sony is shutting it down again (Free Realms, too) which I think is a shame. I was looking forward to one day sailing the seas on my own ship. I liked the crafting in that game, too.

I'm putting The Secret World on my list to try. Long ago, I played a text MMORPG based on the modern world, called Modus Operandi, and it was the coolest thing ever just because the modern setting it was so different from what I was used to.

[edited to add] I just saw that The Secret World was written by Ragnar Tørnquist, the genius behind The Longest Journey. That's ALL I need to know right there.
    Edited by Sue_D_Nim on April 17, 2014 7:26AM
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • rrabriteb14_ESO
    49 here
  • Golfnut
    Golfnut
    46 here, hello to all the old boys/gals
  • Exeter411
    Exeter411
    ✭✭✭
    Will be turning 62 in a couple of weeks, and been gaming since gathering around a table and rolling 20 sided dice was state-of-the-art.
  • Woogawoman
    Woogawoman
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the zork games. Mind bending puzzles that we'd spend hours figuring out. Hearing 'your lamp has run out' makes me twitch.

Ah! So many great memories from those old text games! I wonder if there's already an alt out there name 'Xyzzy' ? :)
    Edited by Woogawoman on April 16, 2014 10:52PM
    Aetherium Oblivion Alliance - 40+ Mature Gamers Guild (NA)
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    Velektor wrote: »
    Enteum wrote: »
    Does 30 count?

No it doesn't
    Yay! Because I'm 28! I don't want to feel any older than I already am LOL

You must be the youngest here! With me, in a close second at 30. This is the best thread on the forum right now!!!!
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved the zork games. Mind bending puzzles that we'd spend hours figuring out. Hearing 'your lamp has run out' makes me twitch.

Ah! So many great memories from those old text games! I wonder if there's already an alt out there name 'Xyzzy' ? :)

I have a complete library of them, along with scans of all the "feelies" and WinFrotz on which to play them. I love those games!
  • Aricle
    Aricle
    ✭✭
    I've played every major MMO. Favorites were Vanguard (so many great ideas, so little dev time...) , SWG (used to have a guild roaming cantinas around the galaxy, spewing out bad poetry on stage for /tips, good times), LOTRO (solid game) and lately my new crush, the secret world. Amazing game if you like modern day setting, and/or the world of darkness (white wolf RP setting), more mature setting, great story, no levels or classes and quests where you have to *gasp* think!

I am adding The Secret World to my game list; it sounds great (and you listed some of my other all time favourites, particularly the Fallout series!) I got a kick out of the 'deathclaw' on Bleak Rock Isle, speaking of Fallout. The man crying because someone stole his sweet roll was also a nice little moment, poor fellow! :neutral_face:
    Edited by Aricle on April 17, 2014 1:37AM
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. -Sarah Williams
    @Aricle in-game. Ebonheart Pact with a dash of Aldmeri and Daggerfall.
  • blueline
    blueline
    ✭✭
    This thread needs to be a Sticky!
  • BKG196
    BKG196
    39 here
  • robynheraty_ESO
    robynheraty_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just about to turn 64, and I play ESO with my husband and my 30 year old daughter. All three of us have been serious gamers for a good many years and I'm sitting here next to an original Commodore 64, complete w/ several hundred games and a Commodore monitor from 1984.
  • Rhylanna
    Rhylanna
    ✭✭
    LOL, I'm starting to wonder if there is anyone playing ESO who does NOT consider themselves an old fart!
    Fatewalkers NA server, primarily Daggerfall Covenant, 30+ (mature, working folks with kids, dogs, etc!), casual, PVE oriented, small but growing!
    Antique Ordinatus Populus NA server, technically with Aldmeri Dominion but have members in all alliances, 40+ (even ++++!), mature, casual (fun people who sometimes forget what they're doing...or maybe that's just me :p ) antique-ordinatus-populus.enjin.com
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    I remember playing Americas Army back in 2001 or something. We had a player in our squad who was around 60 years old. Was an old Vietnam vet sniper. Now he was rare!

Today it's more common with us old farts playing games :-)
    Edited by Zubba on April 17, 2014 10:29AM
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    35 here. Or was it 36? I forget. :p
  • qwertyburnsb16_ESO
    qwertyburnsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    49 and will be playing until I drop dead. You be surprised at the number of older players in mmo's. I have had a whole guild of 200 plus of over 35's and the kiddies were in the extreme minorities. I have had a player way into his eighties so old players are not a small minority. A fact that a lot of these gaming studios should recognise to their advantage.

It's good to get together and beat up those "punk" kids about the place with your old toon :smiley:
  • jimredtalon
    jimredtalon
    ✭✭✭
    Hey just thought I would come back to this thread to see if I can get a little help from those that might remember things back in Evercrack. I have noticed for some time that people feel the need to pressure Zeni into making a auction house. I think this may be good gut it would be far better to try and use an old solution to a very similar problem. So if its not too much to ask could you guys help me in bringing the community back to being constructive and helpful by reinstating the EQ player market. Check the link in my signature bellow for the thread were I have posted my idea.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering if there are any people out there with the same hobby as me....If so feel free to invite me in your friends list....Maybe to team up sometimes.

@Accident_Pr0ne
    50 years old ;)
    Sadly, according you your sig. I'm too old to join. :'(
  • Accident_Pr0ne
    KerinKor wrote: »
    I was wondering if there are any people out there with the same hobby as me....If so feel free to invite me in your friends list....Maybe to team up sometimes.

@Accident_Pr0ne
    50 years old ;)
    Sadly, according you your sig. I'm too old to join. :'(

Of course not ...
    No one is too old for this game or to join.

Your more then welcome;)
    “Rusty Old Weapons”
    We are active in the EU server.
    ROW is a guild for mature players, men and women in the age of 30 40 and 50 or older.
    Feel free to visit our websit www.rustyweapons.com
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting how the definition of 'old' varies with age.
    We apparently have geriatrics in their twenties. :)

'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    Censorious wrote: »

Maybe age is like Beauty, all in the Eyes of the beholder ;-)
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there Beholders in this game? :D
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    35 and feeling pretty young around this crowd :D
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scintilla wrote: »
    @Killum - I remember The Hobbit and I remember getting terribly frustrated with it. The "N, N, E, N, W, S, W, N, N" etc. etc. of the Goblin's cave. It was dark with no light and if you got ONE direction wrong, you died! :'( Lol - if I remember rightly.....
    Meh, kids and their new toys :D .. that was copied from one of the original 'adventure' games, Adventure and/or Dungeon, the former was where XYZZY and PLUGH came from while the latter was cut into two and became Zork I and Zork II.

Edited by KerinKor on April 17, 2014 11:18AM
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 26 but this thread gives me the inspiration to hope to be like you veterans and game on till forever. I salute you.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnowFury wrote: »
    I'm 26 but this thread gives me the inspiration to hope to be like you veterans and game on till forever. I salute you.
    I'm 60, started playing 'computer' games on mainframes back in the late 70s .. hence my knowledge of Adventure and Dungeon I noted above and other early classics like Startrek on Univac 1100 mainframes .. and then on machines like Apple IIe, Exidy Sorceer, Amiga 1000, etc.

Point is, I can still remember vividly playing Fairie Tale Adventure on the Amiga, or all the Infocom games on the Apple etc. some 30-35 years later. Probably says many sad things about me. :D
    Edited by KerinKor on April 17, 2014 2:44PM
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    Censorious wrote: »

This one still young compared to Censorious, but one must realize, being in 30's (human years) these days what teenager call us. That's why Khajiit would like to join "old" folks.

This why Ri'Dariit likes the inter-tubes. Age matter not so much, only interest. Like-minded Mer and Men group and form community.
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard 40's is the new 30.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• belugian
    belugian
    42 here. started at 11 on a videopac console back in the day. vet from daoc Kay. i too vividly remember playing beamrider on that first marvelous toy
    Edited by belugian on April 17, 2014 3:39PM
    Stradius (AD)