Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Objections toward the new "Adventure Zone" (Group only content)

• Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kitsinni wrote: »
    REGARDLESS of how many times you CAPITALIZE and bold your words there will always be parts of Massivley Multiplayer Online games that are not going to be done SOLO. I kind of thought that would be OBVIOUS.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Salacious
    Salacious
    ✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    REGARDLESS of how many times you CAPITALIZE and bold your words there will always be parts of Massivley Multiplayer Online games that are not going to be done SOLO. I kind of thought that would be OBVIOUS.

You have nothing constructive to add, why are you here?
  • Pang
    Pang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Salacious wrote: »

Oh and calling content "stupid" and insulting the Devs is constructive?
  • Salacious
    Salacious
    ✭✭✭
    Pang wrote: »

I have named numerous valid points as to why I think the content is stupid and why I think zenifail is ... fail in this context.
    Edited by Salacious on April 8, 2014 5:06PM
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What are you adding that is constructive. You bought a game and don't like the way the devs are making it .. either move on or play and be happy.

• Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is their a reason for the new zone to be group content only? ES games are typically single player based and a lot of the content in this game is geared towards people like me: Solo Players.

I don't mind grouping up for dungeons or group based world content like anchors. That's fine. and I don't mind some group content but to be FORCED to get into a group of 4-12 people JUST TO EXPLORE is sad and pathetic.

I don't mind if you keep your challenges and your group content in the new zone but for the love of god don't segregate those of us who like to play solo, who like the feeling that "Yes I saved the town, I did this" (thank you phasing!!!!).

I was so excited for a new zone, but the fact I have to group up completely turns me off. It's as bad as GW2's "you made it to the end of the game, now to completely finish the story you must group up and do a dungeon" - NO.

You might be thinking - Just group up or don't do the content.

- One: I like new content, I like exploring, I like going off on my own down some path and finding a random quest not have 4 people dictate what direction I can or cannot go in.
    - Two: I hate groups. They are full of trolls, chest stealer's and "dictators". as mentioned in point one I like just wondering off the beaten path encountering a ghost and helping him redeem his wifes past.

As stated before, keep your group content but don't limit a whole zone to ONLY group content, regardless of how small the groups are. I don't play dps, healer or tank. I play my way - I experiment with my class and just wonder around doing what ever I want. What are level 50's like me suppose to do in this instance? Sit there and twiddle our thumbs?

Help me understand that.

Sounds like mmo's arent for you.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What are you adding that is constructive. You bought a game and don't like the way the devs are making it .. either move on or play and be happy.

And we go back to that silly mentality.

Do you plan to pay all the subs the devs need/month to keep this game going?

Or you just dont give a damm if it becomes F2P?

Because each player it loses , closer it gets to that point.

Stop telling people to just leave.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaxBat wrote: »
    Ravinsild wrote: »
    What if they did it the Diablo 3 way? By yourself, it's soloable...add a friend, gets a bit harder, add another friend it gets a bit harder still...until it's like a full on dungeon with all your friends.

Scaling content. That'd be a good idea, right? Maybe?

Actually, this is what I thought the TESO was going to be from the early game descriptions.

But then TESO has so many "open" or "public" areas. What would they scale to?

I agree there should be MMO zones. It would force us extroverts to make friends.

No I meant the adventure zones. They'd be like giant instances, an entire zone is a big "dungeon instance" that can scale from 1 to 12 people. Solo players can try it out if they like, or 12 people can do it and it would scale up to 12 people size.

Kind of like Flex raiding in WoW.

• kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If one person who hates the way the game is being developed is the breaking point to f2p that is probably better than someone around spreading negativity about an aspect most people think looks spectacular.

Fastest way to f2p is to abandon your vision in favor of people who complain the most vocally.
    Edited by kitsinni on April 8, 2014 5:12PM
  • LoneWalker
    LoneWalker
    ✭✭
    Well calm down, yes you being forced to group up on a MMO is to be expected. This will stray as much as possible from the single player series. We're forced into an alliance to begin with.

I'm a Loner too but when I decided I liked this game I was expecting things like this.
    I don't agree with it too but lets face it... We're the minority here.
    I say go with the flow and find other 3 insufferable players and try to have fun man.

• Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    This post complaining about group content in an MMO is quite possibly the single dumbest thing ever posted online. Seriously, I as a customer am not paying a subscription for single player content to be added in game. If that is why you purchased well then sorry about your luck. You made a poor choice and life is full of them.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is their a reason for the new zone to be group content only? ES games are typically single player based and a lot of the content in this game is geared towards people like me: Solo Players.

That is all I bothered to read.
    Welcome to MMO games.

MMO´s are not about "You MUST group to play". Just one MMO and its clones are, World of Dungeon Craft.

Other MMO´s, especially older ones work totally different and TESO seemed to be following their roots until the announcement of that Group Only content came.

A good MMO is giving you a choice, a choice if you want to form a group or find a group on your way. But to force you into a group to advance in the story is not what good MMO´s do.

That new adventure zone should had worked like the public dungeons, like GW2 public quest´s. People enter the zone and then come together if a big evil awaits them, just on the fly without all the hassle of applying to guilds and having your life ruined by a raid schedule.

I think its very sad that so many players are spoiled by WOW, not knowing how a MMO is able to have group content, that is freely accessible and not a "give up your life" thing.

That said, we need to wait and see how the community reacts to those zones. If it works like in wow, where you first must pass hundred´s of CV test´s, then I am sure TESO will lose a lot of players in the process. Nobody but the nerds has time for these things, people want to play and not write CV´s for people who think they can boss others around in an online game.
  • SinBad
    SinBad
    ✭✭✭
    people who are saying "get off your high horse" need to get off their high horse.

and He/she is being constructive and stating what she doesn't like about it and why he/she doesn't. Perfectly acceptable.You can be respectful and put your 2 cents in on the subject and not just comment useless stuff.
    Edited by SinBad on April 8, 2014 5:24PM
    Myrmidons, my brothers of the sword. I'd rather fight beside you than any army of thousands. Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting, beyond that beach? Immortality!Take it, it's yours!
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pang wrote: »

I have named numerous valid points as to why I think the content is stupid and why I think zenifail is ... fail in this context.

Because misuse of formatting and calling ZOS names is 'constructive'.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Salacious
    Salacious
    ✭✭✭

That's like saying "eat what I put in front of you or starve" - No. I should be allowed to voice my concerns and opinions and offer (which I have) solutions to their "failed" attempts at developing a "AAA" game, note the quote around triple A.
    MaxBat wrote: »
    What if they did it the Diablo 3 way? By yourself, it's soloable...add a friend, gets a bit harder, add another friend it gets a bit harder still...until it's like a full on dungeon with all your friends.

Scaling content. That'd be a good idea, right? Maybe?

Actually, this is what I thought the TESO was going to be from the early game descriptions.

But then TESO has so many "open" or "public" areas. What would they scale to?

I agree there should be MMO zones. It would force us extroverts to make friends.

No I meant the adventure zones. They'd be like giant instances, an entire zone is a big "dungeon instance" that can scale from 1 to 12 people. Solo players can try it out if they like, or 12 people can do it and it would scale up to 12 people size.

Kind of like Flex raiding in WoW.

This is exactly, or similar too, what GW2 does. As events happen and people join the group and more people join the challenges get tougher and the enemies get harder.
    LoneWalker wrote: »
    Well calm down, yes you being forced to group up on a MMO is to be expected. This will stray as much as possible from the single player series. We're forced into an alliance to begin with.

I'm a Loner too but when I decided I liked this game I was expecting things like this.
    I don't agree with it too but lets face it... We're the minority here.
    I say go with the flow and find other 3 insufferable players and try to have fun man.

It is not expected and it should not be expected. For a game that lets me "play as I want" I should be able to explore this new zone in or not in a group.

Audigy wrote: »

Welcome to MMO games.

MMO´s are not about "You MUST group to play". Just one MMO and its clones are, World of Dungeon Craft.

Other MMO´s, especially older ones work totally different and TESO seemed to be following their roots until the announcement of that Group Only content came.

A good MMO is giving you a choice, a choice if you want to form a group or find a group on your way. But to force you into a group to advance in the story is not what good MMO´s do.

That new adventure zone should had worked like the public dungeons, like GW2 public quest´s. People enter the zone and then come together if a big evil awaits them, just on the fly without all the hassle of applying to guilds and having your life ruined by a raid schedule.

I think its very sad that so many players are spoiled by WOW, not knowing how a MMO is able to have group content, that is freely accessible and not a "give up your life" thing.

That said, we need to wait and see how the community reacts to those zones. If it works like in wow, where you first must pass hundred´s of CV test´s, then I am sure TESO will lose a lot of players in the process. Nobody but the nerds has time for these things, people want to play and not write CV´s for people who think they can boss others around in an online game.

I agree with this 100% We do need to wait for sure but I can already see the direction they are taking this - they are bowing towards the spoiled little brats of wow and not to the more level headed, mature players who like their solo content and their occasional, non forced group content.
  • Salacious
    Salacious
    ✭✭✭
    SinBad wrote: »
    people who are saying "get off your high horse" need to get off their high horse.

and He/she is being constructive and stating what she doesn't like about it and why she doesn't. Perfectly acceptable.You can be respectful and put your 2 cents in on the subject and not just comment useless stuff.

this ^

Also: he

• EliteZ
    EliteZ
    ✭✭✭
    No it's TES
    No it is not, It's TESO, The Elder Scrolls ONLINE. This is not the next single player Elder Scrolls game, this is a MMO, where people play together with their friends, where people form groups to take down challenging content they otherwise would not be able to do.

Who said you have to go to this zone? Treat it as a raid and you're missing out on nothing. So you won't do the quest line, maybe you should decide what's more important, getting over the fact that you "hate most other people in the game" and play as a group, or miss out on the quests. Nobody is forcing you to go to the zone. Tell me, what are you losing by not being able to solo the zone?
    Edited by EliteZ on April 8, 2014 5:23PM
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to have to doge enemies

Much lazy, very entitlement, wow!

• Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont see the problem here. There is tons and tons of single player zones. Go knock yourself out in them. Us group PvE players are not allowed to have even one?
  • Salacious
    Salacious
    ✭✭✭
    EliteZ wrote: »
    No it's TES
    No it is not, It's TESO, The Elder Scrolls ONLINE. This is not the next single player Elder Scrolls game, this is a MMO, where people play together with their friends, where people form groups to take down challenging content they otherwise would not be able to do.

Who said you have to go to this zone? Treat it as a raid and you're missing out on nothing. So you won't do the quest line, maybe you should decide what's more important, getting over the fact that you "hate most other people in the game" and play as a group, or miss out on the quests. Nobody is forcing you to go to the zone. Tell me, what are you losing by not being able to solo the zone?

TES is always geared towards single player and thus with TESO they agreed to continue toward that. You group heavy people who were spoiled with your wow and your raids, are all happy you get an end game, what about the rest of us?

Melian wrote: »
    I don't want to have to doge enemies

Much lazy, very entitlement, wow!

Ya in the adventure zone. I want to fight them - solo.
    Azarul wrote: »
    I dont see the problem here. There is tons and tons of single player zones. Go knock yourself out in them. Us group PvE players are not allowed to have even one?

Again the issue is - you guys are getting a WHOLE ZONE for group content, what do we get? a new NPC guild - no We want a new zone as well.

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And here we go with that silly mentality that we should do our best to keep players happy regardless of whether the game they are playing is what they wanted. Otherwise the game will fail.

Oh no everyone. Worry about a handful of unhappy, misguided players leaving the game.

That good old 'doom and gloom' mentality.

How is keeping someone around, that has expressed a deep seated notion that the game they play should be drastically changed for their interests, a good thing?

Will this game die if too many people leave it? Sure. But to blame a microcosm of the community (the forums) for being the reason for it is obnoxiously seeking a scapegoat. If this game is destined to fail. There is nothing these forum-goers or Players alike can do about it or even have a significant part in it.

Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gone through several boxes of popcorn reading this thread. This is comedy gold.

To the OP, Cyrodiil is a WHOLE ZONE for PvP players. Why don't I hear you complaining about that? Wait, don't answer; I suspect you already have and are about to link your many well-reasoned argument threads to me.

Also, there's a lot of group dungeons around. I don't hear you complaining about that, so it sounds like you're fine with ZOS catering to group players but are not fine if they give them TOO MUCH.

"I suppose those dirty group gaming peasants should have a few scraps off the table, but an entire DISH? What an OUTRAGE! Those dirty peasants don't deserve to feast as MAGNIFICENTLY as I AM!"
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on April 8, 2014 5:33PM
  • SinBad
    SinBad
    ✭✭✭
    i would like to add this as well, the adventure zones were kind of meant to be already implemented in the game as the "endgame", but it wasn't ready for launch so now they are marketing it as a new update. or something like that.
    Edited by SinBad on April 8, 2014 5:30PM
    Myrmidons, my brothers of the sword. I'd rather fight beside you than any army of thousands. Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting, beyond that beach? Immortality!Take it, it's yours!
  • EliteZ
    EliteZ
    ✭✭✭

TES is always geared towards single player and thus with TESO they agreed to continue toward that. You group heavy people who were spoiled with your wow and your raids, are all happy you get an end game, what about the rest of us?

And again just to make sure that you understand, this is not TES, this is TESO a MMO. Yes, they said that they was going to make sure they don't forget about their single player fans, but they also said they was going to cater to the MMO fans as well, which guess what, MMO games have group exclusive content.

Never once have they said they won't do group only content because some entitled kid will cry about not being able to complete every aspect of the game as "they hate every other player in the game" and "have no friends".
    Again the issue is - you guys are getting a WHOLE ZONE for group content, what do we get? a new NPC guild - no We want a new zone as well.

So basically, we are not allowed a new zone for group only content because you want a zone for solo content? Stop being an entitled child and grow up. So when they open up new areas of the map for everybody to explore solo/due/grouped and all the end game pve players get nothing, should I sit there and moan because I WANT it to be group only content?
    Edited by EliteZ on April 8, 2014 5:36PM
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to wonder what level the people making most of the noise are. If they put more time into the forums than playing then why worry about VR content, you will never get there.

VR10 (and if you want solo challenge, it is there) is a long haul for most casual players. There will likely be other content by then.

Relax........
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    I'm a big solo player. Adventure zones to me are a great thing though. They are not zones, they are adventure zones. Meaning, crazy land. Sure, you can try to solo. See how you do. Maybe you can slowly get most of the overland done super slow grinding style. But this isn't a normal zone. This isn't a solo balanced safe place in skyrim. This is like... going in to the pit of Hell. Probably not recommended to go alone. And i you want the story, run it one time, with some other people, to get the story. Then, leave it be. But hey maybe they can make a scaled down single player version later. But I do think that they can't just cater to solo', they need to focus on both sides.
  • SinBad
    SinBad
    ✭✭✭
    @ThatHappyCat‌ cute name firstly, and cyrodiil is far from a WHOLE ZONE for pvp players.
    (pass the popcorn)
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think you made a good point, a lot of the content in this mmmrpg is geared towards the solo player.

Now they want to add endgame content "raids" to this mmo, good for them, this is great news for end game guilds and communities. This is after all a mmo, not a ES rpg.

This game can cater towards both, I doubt this is the last content update too.
  • Malkavianqueen
    Malkavianqueen
    ✭✭✭
    I knew this would happen. lol. Everyone said it was fine to have solo only quests. So guess what they're doing now? Making group only quests.

Personally, what I have been arguing since beta is that everyone should have the chance to solo OR group any content that they want. However, I was repeatedly told that I didn't know how to play (because I was arguing against all the solo only bosses and whatnot in the guild questlines) and that this was a learning experience. Well, here's your learning experience.

I hate it too. We should all be able to play whatever content we want in a group or out of a group. But I will not be happy if the vocal minority get this changed and I still have to be forced to solo everything. T__T No one should be forced to solo/group if they don't want to. Period.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to MMO games.

I hear this every so often when something like this is brought up.

I'll just point out that in every MMO there are quite a lot of solo players.

They might be called MMO's but that doesn't mean we want to be grouped.

We play them because they are persistent worlds and we can keep playing them long after the appeal of single player games has passed.

I'm not going to complain about added group content, everybody should have something for them to do, i'm just pointing out that there are solo roamers that play MMO's.

This discussion has been closed.