Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Objections toward the new "Adventure Zone" (Group only content)

• Noth
    Noth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Salacious wrote: »
    kitsinni wrote: »
    REGARDLESS of how many times you CAPITALIZE and bold your words there will always be parts of Massivley Multiplayer Online games that are not going to be done SOLO. I kind of thought that would be OBVIOUS.

They should not be zones. that is the argument here. do NOT make zones group only.

As someone that has pretty much exclusively solo'd this game, you are way too entitled. It is perfectly fine that craglorn is only group content. Get off your high horse.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should not be zones. that is the argument here. do NOT make zones group only.

So this thread is basically you disagreeing with their definition of 'adventure zone'.

Well, ok.
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a solo player. I don't generally group if I can help it. Still, I don't see any reason to not make a zone group only. There are several solo friendly zones, I don't mind a few group only zones for the players that like to group. Fair is fair.

Heck, if the adventure zones are cool enough, I might group to do them. In City of Heroes I was mostly solo and duo playing, but I would group sometimes for the task force, incarnate missions and zones, because they were cool enough to get me to do it. It's all in the presentation.
    Edited by Eris on April 8, 2014 4:04PM
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    REGARDLESS of how many times you CAPITALIZE and bold your words there will always be parts of Massivley Multiplayer Online games that are not going to be done SOLO. I kind of thought that would be OBVIOUS.

So you honeslty think they should not be allowed to put in content specifically designed for groups? So if I like grouping should I demand they take out the solo dungeons and missions?

They said this content is specifically designed for groups, if you are not interested in groups this is not the content update for you. I'm sure there will be other updates that add stuff you can do solo, just not this specific one.

If you are that bothered by this you should probably not be in an MMO.

• Pang
    Pang
    ✭✭✭✭

Pang wrote: »
    The bottom line here is the game is still an MMO regardless of it being based on TES. If you're going to complain every time they add multiplayer content to an MMO then you're in for a long rough road.

You're missing the point - the issue is with them releasing a NEW ZONE ONLY to groups. That's unfair to the rest of us. This isn't a dungeon. or a raid. This is a whole zone, with towns, NPC's and quests.

Nope I'm not missing the point. Doesn't matter what form it comes in. Its Multi player content being added. Sorry but its not up to you to determine how big the content should or shouldn't be.

ZOS is doing something different by making their multiplayer content more than just little instances of content here and there. They are making it apart of the actual game world and not just instanced off section you queue for.

Its not unfair at all because you still have the whole rest of the game you do now. What is unfair is to expect to be catered to every time ZOS adds new content. Nothing is being forced and nothing is stopping you from entering the Zone besides your own personal dislike and bias of a certain type of content.
  • Salacious
    Salacious
    ✭✭✭
    Noth wrote: »

As someone that has pretty much exclusively solo'd this game, you are way too entitled. It is perfectly fine that craglorn is only group content. Get off your high horse.

Not it's not. Its excluding a large player base from being able to adventure and have fun - weather in a group or not. maybe they should allow you to solo it, but if you get into groups do what GW2 does, scale up the content.
    Shimond wrote: »

So this thread is basically you disagreeing with their definition of 'adventure zone'.

Well, ok.

Adventure zones are just another way to exclude a vast majority of the player base. Since you have nothing constructive to add - leave.

So you honeslty think they should not be allowed to put in content specifically designed for groups? So if I like grouping should I demand they take out the solo dungeons and missions?

They said this content is specifically designed for groups, if you are not interested in groups this is not the content update for you. I'm sure there will be other updates that add stuff you can do solo, just not this specific one.

Go ahead and put group content, don't limit whole zones to only groups. that's what dungeons and raids are for as well as anchors and PVP

The bottom line here is the game is still an MMO regardless of it being based on TES. If you're going to complain every time they add multiplayer content to an MMO then you're in for a long rough road.

You're missing the point - the issue is with them releasing a NEW ZONE ONLY to groups. That's unfair to the rest of us. This isn't a dungeon. or a raid. This is a whole zone, with towns, NPC's and quests.

Nope I'm not missing the point. Doesn't matter what form it comes in. Its Multi player content being added. Sorry but its not up to you to determine how big the content should or shouldn't be.

ZOS is doing something different by making their multiplayer content more than just little instances of content here and there. They are making it apart of the actual game world and not just instanced off section you queue for.

Its not unfair at all because you still have the whole rest of the game you do now. What is unfair is to expect to be catered to every time ZOS adds new content. Nothing is being forced and nothing is stopping you from entering the Zone besides your own personal dislike and bias of a certain type of content.

No. They shouldn't. They should let it be sololable, but as stated - do what GW2 is doing, scale up the difficulty for the more players in the group. this makes it fun for every one and lets every one experience the content.
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if they added a gigantic dungeon and called it a dungeon for groups you would be ok with it, if it was just an instanced area the same exact size called dungeon or raid, but if it is called adventure zone all the sudden it is something different? It sounds like your argument is more about semantics than the content itself.

I even added some bold since you seem to think that enhances an argument in some way.
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. They shouldn't. They should let it be sololable, but as stated - do what GW2 is doing, scale up the difficulty for the more players in the group. this makes it fun for every one and lets every one experience the content.

The goal is NOT to do what GW2 is doing, which is falling off the face of the Earth, and to be ESO.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a MMO....take it it's your first OP?

This type of zone is normal within MMOs.
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on April 8, 2014 4:04PM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Splattzilla
    Solo seems to be the way to go these days.. I personally don't agree with forcing players to be within a group to explore content, at least let them adventure solo and let them decide for themselves whether or not they require aide.
    To succeed you must do the things that you think you cannot.
  • Pang
    Pang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well this isn't GW2. ZOS is doing it in the way they want and feels its best for their game. Its fine if you don't like it the way ZOS is doing it, but there is nothing "wrong" or "bad" with it. Only thing they "should" do is how they feel it best fits their game.
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    In his defense... there was a ton of people screaming that they couldn't do main story in a group.

There's plenty of options for both though.
    Edited by Nooblet on April 8, 2014 4:06PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's stupid to me is being angry about group content being in a multiplayer game :)

The adventure zones sound cool to me. One of the best ideas ever on any game.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like you should be playing GW2 and not ESO. It's one thing to wish for the odd tweak in a game and argue the case on said game's forums, but you are against the whole concept. Play the game you want to play.
  • EliteZ
    EliteZ
    ✭✭✭
    Noth wrote: »

Not it's not. Its excluding a large player base from being able to adventure and have fun - weather in a group or not. maybe they should allow you to solo it, but if you get into groups do what GW2 does, scale up the content.

Well, ok.

Adventure zones are just another way to exclude a vast majority of the player base. Since you have nothing constructive to add - leave.

Go ahead and put group content, don't limit whole zones to only groups. that's what dungeons and raids are for as well as anchors and PVP

There is a reason GW2 group events are so terrible and I quit playing that game. Seriously what does it matter if a whole zone is group content or a dungeon? People like you that refuse to group will still never experiance it so why must they make the content crap to please the people that'll never even try and experience it.

Im sorry but this is NOT a single player game, its an MMO, get use to group content its always going to be there.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh I see, so you consider this thread to be constructive in the first place? Assuming you speak for the "vast majority of the player base"?
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the OP has a right to not be forced to do group content. Zenimax's move to push out its first high level content patch for groups is a great move though.

I am certain there will be other content pushes for solo or duo players.

But with all do respect, OP. Your tone sucks. There are better ways to phrase your concern.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    Honestly the OP has a right to not be forced to do group content. Zenimax's move to push out its first high level content patch for groups is a great move though.

But with all do respect, OP. Your tone sucks. There are better ways to phrase your concern.

Well from the get-go we were told that we could solo "most" content; not all of it.

The OP honestly has 0 credibility in their childish rants, and should have known better to take part in an MMO and at one point, needing to take part in group content.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Salacious
    Salacious
    ✭✭✭

Oh I see, so you consider this thread to be constructive in the first place? Assuming you speak for the "vast majority of the player base"?

Yes I do and yes I do speak for the vast majority of the player base, because they are like me ES players who like the solo aspects of this game. Not people who love group only zones. Save your groups for anchors, dungeons and "raids"

You're right their move is a good one, for dungeons, raids and anchors NOT for zones. Zones are where's npc's live, quests are done and players gather in large cities to trade and craft. But I cant go there because I'm not in a group of 4 ...
  • Kreager
    Kreager
    ✭✭✭
    One way to alleviate all of this heartache between solo/group style raiding is to take a chapter from Rift. Release to group content at a later date as a Chronicle which is 1/2 man content with the story line intact but trivialized loot. And before the soloers start whining about not getting Raid Tier gear......If you do not Raid you do not NEED Raid Gear.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I do and yes I do speak for the vast majority of the player base, because they are like me ES players who like the solo aspects of this game. Not people who love group only zones. Save your groups for anchors, dungeons and "raids"

You're right their move is a good one, for dungeons, raids and anchors NOT for zones. Zones are where's npc's live, quests are done and players gather in large cities to trade and craft. But I cant go there because I'm not in a group of 4 ...

There we have it folks, if there wasn't a good enough indication to not take this seriously.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭

Adventure zones in no way exclude anyone, that is drama that you're making up without even seeing them. For all you know an exceptionally equipped character could thrash adventure zones, while 4 under equipped characters might find it challenging.

If you use SWTOR as an example, there are plenty of 55s out there that can storm trooper 4 person heroic areas by themselves. There are also plenty of 55s who have a hard time in 2 person heroic areas. It's really a matter of how dedicated you want to be to your objective.

They point is, you are being hyper-critical about group content without knowing anything about it other than the minor blurbs that have been released. The game is designed around the fact that there will be solo content and there will be group content. If you don't like it, then perhaps it is not the game for you. Complaining that someone added group content to a multi-player game is like complaining that someone put cheese on your cheeseburger.

You are the one who is not being constructive, you are actually being destructive throughout this thread. Telling someone to leave because they have a different opinion than you is simply rude.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Pang
    Pang
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep, its confirmed. Entitled TES player trying to force others to play their way.

Its simple, once you get past and drop the notion that because there is "TES" in the title that means it most conform to a strict set of guidelines, and realize that the "O" stands for Online and hence Multiplayer, you'll be far better off IMO.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Try out the grouping concept with friends and do the Adventure Zone when it comes out. Sometimes you have to leave your comfort zone to find out that you actually do enjoy something new. Take a chance. You could have fun.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well you see OP....When someone doesnt have a complete understanding of something. And goes off of preconceived notions about a game franchise. Believing that Single Player aspects are a must in a Multiplayer centric game. Its known as stupidity.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Salacious
    Salacious
    ✭✭✭
    One way to alleviate all of this heartache between solo/group style raiding is to take a chapter from Rift. Release to group content at a later date as a Chronicle which is 1/2 man content with the story line intact but trivialized loot. And before the soloers start whining about not getting Raid Tier gear......If you do not Raid you do not NEED Raid Gear.

Another way is to do what GW2 is doing, scale the complexity for the size of the group ... boom done.

There we have it folks, if there wasn't a good enough indication to not take this seriously.

You have no actual argument towards this type of content other then "it's an mmo don't complain" hat is a horrible argument considering the direction MMO's are going these days.

Eris wrote: »

Adventure zones in no way exclude anyone, that is drama that you're making up without even seeing them. For all you know an exceptionally equipped character could thrash adventure zones, while 4 under equipped characters might find it challenging.

If you use SWTOR as an example, there are plenty of 55s out there that can storm trooper 4 person heroic areas by themselves. There are also plenty of 55s who have a hard time in 2 person heroic areas. It's really a matter of how dedicated you want to be to your objective.

They point is, you are being hyper-critical about group content without knowing anything about it other than the minor blurbs that have been released. The game is designed around the fact that there will be solo content and there will be group content. If you don't like it, then perhaps it is not the game for you. Complaining that someone added group content to a multi-player game is like complaining that someone put cheese on your cheeseburger.

You are the one who is not being constructive, you are actually being destructive throughout this thread. Telling someone to leave because they have a different opinion than you is simply rude.

I am being critical about the exsculision of solo players from a zone where we cannot go to and experience the story because we must be in a group. if this was a dungeon or a raid or an anchor I wouldn't be complaining at all, I would embrace it because I can ignore it.

This has new story, new dialogue, new places, new things to see and do. Dungeons are at most 45-1 hour long while this zone could take weeks, months even ...

Yep, its confirmed. Entitled TES player trying to force others to play their way.

Its simple, once you get past and drop the notion that because there is "TES" in the title that means it most conform to a strict set of guidelines, and realize that the "O" stands for Online and hence Multiplayer, you'll be far better off IMO.

No it's TES - I dont mind Group content as stated numerous times. But dont exclude me from a zone. Let me come too - just not in a group. This isn't a raid, this doesn't require special gear, this doesn't require me to grind for hours to get a certain hit or heal or what ever (I don't play the dps, tank, healer way ...)

Like I said, if you want this to be group content for a zone why not just scale from 1 person (easiest) to 12 (hardest)
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    Try out the grouping concept with friends and do the Adventure Zone when it comes out. Sometimes you have to leave your comfort zone to find out that you actually do enjoy something new. Take a chance. You could have fun.

I dont have friends that play this game, apparently I dont have a life like they do LOL. I hate most other people in the game Hence why I like solo. Ill do group if I have to but why should I have to for a zone that isn't a raid zone?
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit surprised that these kinds of threads are still going on. I figured by now people would have learned than MMO usually requires interacting with people. How a company does that is up to them and some have done it better, but you can't honestly play an online game solo. That defeats the purpose of playing an online game. Why pay a subscription fee to play a game where you don't want to see people or interact with them. You're wasting your time and money.

These games exist because people want good story elements with good gameplay in a group setting. If you don't like it then save yourself the cash and get a single player game. Plenty of other open world single player games that don't require plunking down $15 a month.
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »

I was actually thinking about posting the exact same thing.

• Salacious
    Salacious
    ✭✭✭
    Well you see OP....When someone doesnt have a complete understanding of something. And goes off of preconceived notions about a game franchise. Believing that Single Player aspects are a must in a Multiplayer centric game. Its known as stupidity.

and when some one doesn't have constructive feedback - its called annoyance ...
  • Salacious
    Salacious
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit surprised that these kinds of threads are still going on. I figured by now people would have learned than MMO usually requires interacting with people. How a company does that is up to them and some have done it better, but you can't honestly play an online game solo. That defeats the purpose of playing an online game. Why pay a subscription fee to play a game where you don't want to see people or interact with them. You're wasting your time and money.

These games exist because people want good story elements with good gameplay in a group setting. If you don't like it then save yourself the cash and get a single player game. Plenty of other open world single player games that don't require plunking down $15 a month.

I interact with people, through chat. what else do I need? if I have to trade with you, go to the guild store. if I NEED to do a dungeon ill group up ...
This discussion has been closed.