Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Anyone else getting a terrible drop rate for the Ayleid Remnants needed to complete the event quest?

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since this quest does not give tickets, i only farmed out remnants the first day, after that, i pick up the quest, and then if i happen to get 5 ill turn it in, if not it waits till the next day

the normal event boxes arent super great, but ill definitely get the gold box each day lol

i would say i most commonly have gotten the remnants from either harvesting, or mirrormoor incursions

The quest does give tickets. It's how I have gotten all of my tickets for the event so far.
  • theoverseer
    theoverseer
    ✭✭
    I spent a couple of hours each on PS NA and PS EU yesterday. Did all the dailies and a few extra bosses and incursions. Harvested every node I saw. Not one remnant, not one. I'm done.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This quest is not worth doing. I would like to have the extra time at the end for the bonus event. But not enough to endure the endless failure to find any remnants.

I won't mention the poachers.
    Edited by shadyjane62 on September 30, 2024 9:15PM
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    since this quest does not give tickets, i only farmed out remnants the first day, after that, i pick up the quest, and then if i happen to get 5 ill turn it in, if not it waits till the next day

the normal event boxes arent super great, but ill definitely get the gold box each day lol

i would say i most commonly have gotten the remnants from either harvesting, or mirrormoor incursions

The quest does give tickets. It's how I have gotten all of my tickets for the event so far.

However it's not the sole method of getting tickets and the gold box. You get the tickets and gold box the first time you finish any quest in West Weald. If a player gets tickets from the Event Quest, then it's simply because that was the first WW quest they completed that day.

The event quest's only purpose is to move the progress bar. Plenty of people are moving it just fine as it is, so if a player doesn't complete theirs, they're not missing out on anything.
    Edited by DenverRalphy on September 30, 2024 9:20PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

However it's not the sole method of getting tickets and the gold box. You get the tickets and gold box the first time you finish any quest in West Weald. If a player gets tickets from the Event Quest, then it's simply because that was the first WW quest they completed that day.

The event quest's only purpose is to move the progress bar. Plenty of people are moving it just fine as it is, so if a player doesn't complete theirs, they're not missing out on anything.

I wasn't implying that it was. I was just responding to the "since this quest does not give tickets" comment. Which is untrue.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what I'm doing differently but today I went collecting crafting mats (and the Ayleid things on the side) for the 3rd time. Again: 2 drops within the first 2 minutes, then another 2 drops within the next 3. After that: Nothing for 5 minutes, then the 5th drop.

Didn't count how many more I found after that, but I'm at 33 now - another 7 and I'm done for the event.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • tom6143346
    tom6143346
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the have adjusted the drop rate during the server down time yesterday I guess
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabbo1928 wrote: »
    It is day 1 of the West Weald event. A friend and I just spent an hour playing during my lunch break. We ran all over WW, killing delve and world bosses, and completing Mirrormoor incursions. By the end of the hour, we had each only gotten 2 Ayleid Remnants. You need 5 to complete the daily quest for the event. Is this working as intended? Because expecting people to play 2-3 hours per day just to participate in the community event is ridiculous.

I've found that it takes longer to get them during prime-time hours. People are mainly focusing nodes to get them, and so during primetime, you have a harder time finding nodes -> takes longer to gather the goods. In those cases, your better off going into the public dungeon or delve and just killing a bunch of things until they drop, or focus on chest/container farming, as people seem to pick those up less.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd quote my reply in a similar reddit thread

Ayleid Remnants are not rare. you normally get five in 30..40 minutes.

First: loot every treasure chest you see. i use my main character in speed boosting gear Fijors+Coward+WildHunt + green CP star Steed’s Blessing slotted (overland is easy, so you devastate everything, except world bosses in a farming gear) possible treasure chests locations are marked by HarvestMap addon, if you are on PC install it with Minion and download new data of nodes from the HarvestMap server to get all the resources/chests locations pinpointed by other players

Second: harvest resource nodes. it is double yield (except surveys) and sometimes you also get purple coffers and quest items in question

Third: kill hundreds of mobs, preferably dungeon bosses, but sometimes regular ones also drop them remnants.

TL/DR; just do content, do West Weald dailies and farm raw materials and treasure chests
    PC EU
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    i'd quote my reply in a similar reddit thread

Ayleid Remnants are not rare. you normally get five in 30..40 minutes.

First: loot every treasure chest you see. i use my main character in speed boosting gear Fijors+Coward+WildHunt + green CP star Steed’s Blessing slotted (overland is easy, so you devastate everything, except world bosses in a farming gear) possible treasure chests locations are marked by HarvestMap addon, if you are on PC install it with Minion and download new data of nodes from the HarvestMap server to get all the resources/chests locations pinpointed by other players

Second: harvest resource nodes. it is double yield (except surveys) and sometimes you also get purple coffers and quest items in question

Third: kill hundreds of mobs, preferably dungeon bosses, but sometimes regular ones also drop them remnants.

TL/DR; just do content, do West Weald dailies and farm raw materials and treasure chests

These tips are all interesting, and offer a great perspective on how to do this event from a serious, dedicated player who I know is helping advance the community meter! I sincerely applaud your efforts and approach.

I consider myself a fairly casual player, but I’ve always done as much as I can during these community events, both for the fun of participating and the desire to do my part and getting to that 100% reward. I just don’t remember a community event taking as long as this one is taking to complete the daily quest that advances the meter. And when I try to imagine myself creating a special build just for zipping around the map to gather chests and resource notes as fast as possible, (oh, and I have lots of very useful add-ons that I couldn’t play without, but I once tried Harvest Maps a long time ago, and when I saw all those tiny little pictures of nodes cluttering up my map I shuttered and uninstalled it right away), then zipping off to the public dungeons to kill hundreds of mobs and bosses, I just know that’s not for me. But I have been able to do the daily three times that just doing what I normally doand I’m almost done for a fourth time. I’m also doing the normal West Weald dailies some too to help the bonus meter. I’m just hoping my little drops in the bucket help too! 🙂
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I did all 3 dailies, several times, farmed nodes and killed anything that moved. Did my characters and added another 15 to my bank for tomorrow.

Farming nodes also helps your ink supply greatly, though I am still a way off the 500 needed.

As a reminder, you must have the quest active on that character, or have done the quest on that character, that day. If you have neither of these, you get no remnant drops.

It also applies to all characters, having the quest on another character, or completing it on another character, will not get you drops on a new on.
    Edited by pklemming on October 2, 2024 3:32AM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    80%.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe because its still counted as a west weald daily

i normally been doing the incursion daily for tickets because it takes like 5 minutes
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I turned in what I thought was going to be my fourth turn-in but it was actually my fifth one so I now have the option to ask about the fifth bundle in the dialogue options! I wonder how many more dialogues are waiting to be unlocked by turn-ins?
    Edited by Elvenheart on October 2, 2024 5:57PM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    I turned in what I thought was going to be my fourth turn-in but it was actually my fifth one so I now have the option to ask about the fifth bundle in the dialogue options! I wonder how many more dialogues are waiting to be unlocked by turn-ins?

I'll turn in the 7th later today, have been doing that quest every day since the 1st day of the event. If it looks like the narration is over, I'll post it here.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was nice in the beginning as I was picking up at least 5 Ayleid Remnants a day. Then in the last 2 days I've received...ZERO.
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we had events where we had to find all the special locations in a zone, I was willing to run multiple characters through it because wandering is fun, but "find x things that may or may drop" means I picked nodes until I had 40 and just drop them off on one character.

I like getting "presents" from endeavors, daily logons, events, but it's moved ESO to the "chore" game and once my chores are done, I just do something else.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten 30 and wish I could use them all.

Those Remnants can be traded, mailed (use RTS with someone you csn trust), can be stored in your Personal Bank or Guild Bank and in your storage chest in any house.

So you shouldn't have problem to handle those items. Don't forget to stack those Remnants before moving it to GB and make sure that you have permission to take out those later from GB in case your guild hsve restrictions for members that haven't high enough rank.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Counter is at 91%.

I turned in 8 now and didn't get new dialogue options so far. Last one was number 5.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event quest's only purpose is to move the progress bar.

That's not quite true. I use this quest for my daily tickets because I can use remnants I have saved from previous days. I have dozens from grinding lucent citadel, so I don't have to do any of the other dailies.

It's convenient and I believe by design to make ticket acquisition less tedious. I like it.

Edited by Desiato on October 3, 2024 10:16PM
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Counter is at 91%.

I turned in 8 now and didn't get new dialogue options so far. Last one was number 5.

Thanks for sharing that!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing that!

There's another message after 10, but that's the last one.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • JimiGoremode
    JimiGoremode
    ✭✭
    I just started doing this and took all of your advice. Turns out that most nodes do not drop anything but extra resources. However, I went to two of the Ayleid ruins around WW and found all 5 within a few minutes of searching nodes around these areas. I don't know if the RNG was just loving on me or if there is something to it, either way it's worth the old college of Winterhold try. ;)
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got a lot of them in the LC trial. Might be worth checking it out on normal, with Group Finder. I haven't seen this method mentioned as much.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.