Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Anyone else getting a terrible drop rate for the Ayleid Remnants needed to complete the event quest?

• gamergirldk
    gamergirldk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah farm nodes and chest , high drop rate
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My ayleid remnants came pretty quick but my gold box was sheer garbage.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Got the three dailies and the remnant quest, did 3 WBs and one Mirrormoor incursion and one delve daily, only 1 Ayleid remnant. I then farmed nodes to get the rest. 3 hours total. I was all for doing this just for the community event but this is asking too much. Instead of enjoying the time each time I prayed I would get another drop so it would end and it just went on for so long. Count me out.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've gotten 30 and wish I could use them all.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten 30 and wish I could use them all.

Save them for the upcoming days. It's a repeatable quest, after all. All you have to do now is accepting the quest again once a day and turning 5 of these items in per day.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got the three dailies and the remnant quest, did 3 WBs and one Mirrormoor incursion and one delve daily, only 1 Ayleid remnant. I then farmed nodes to get the rest. 3 hours total. I was all for doing this just for the community event but this is asking too much. Instead of enjoying the time each time I prayed I would get another drop so it would end and it just went on for so long. Count me out.

I didnt spend that long on it, I just did 2 of the 3 dailies. Had to ride most of the way and it was clear across the map, so I picked up nodes along the way. Got 0 remnants.
    This isn't respectful of my time at all. I''ll turn this in when the remnants drop doing what I'm doing, not spending another hour on pointless farming.
  • Ingel_Riday
    Ingel_Riday
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah farm nodes and chest , high drop rate

Yes, this. I wish I could give you more than one "insightful."

I went through the whole public dungeon in the North part of the zone (Leftwheal Blurbburg?) and got... 1 ayleid fragment. One. Uno.

Then I ran around the zone, grumbling in boredom, clicking on crafting nodes and chests. Got the other 4 in half an hour. Much more effecient. Whole process vexed me, but it's probably a me thing. Too many events, back to back to back, for too many months. Burn out is setting in and we're not even to Halloween, whatever event will be in November, and then the New Life Festival. October 8th, right? Another... 14 days of this. Great.

But enough of me whining. This advice is gold star quality.
  • Dax_Draconis
    Dax_Draconis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resource nodes seem to be the quickest way. I got 2 Ayleid Remnants from 1 node. I wonder if the Plentiful Harvest CP perk was the reason why.

Purple coffers seem to be dropping from nodes too.
    Edited by Dax_Draconis on September 27, 2024 12:01PM
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less than 30 min collecting nodes. Got none from bosses or delves etc.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I got all 5 remnants from overland nodes and one random enemy. Maybe 20 mins total of picking resource nodes. At one point I had two nodes near each other each drop one.

Running around doing bosses for them is probably not the most efficient way since you can pick more resource nodes in the time it takes to kill a boss. And more resource nodes is more chances for the drop.

This. The perk that doubles drop rate from nodes also applies.
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Purple coffers seem to be dropping from nodes too.

During events there's a chance they'll drop from just about anything in the zone.
  • Rkindaleft
    Rkindaleft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my 5 remnants in about 20-25 minutes basically exclusively picking nodes.

I'm not sure if I got unlucky, but it feels way too long for a daily quest. If you're just after the tickets you can do the world boss or delve daily in less than half the time.

Edited by Rkindaleft on September 27, 2024 6:15AM
    https://youtube.com/@rkindaleft PlayStation NA. I upload parses and trial POVs sometimes.
    6/9 Trial Trifecta achievements.
    Tick Tock Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Realised nodes best way yesterday after about 1 hour playing…..

But no-one else appeared to have noticed so was easy to pootle between dailies & pick up remnants.

Now though, will be a fight! 😂
  • Garish
    Garish
    ✭✭✭
    Twenty hours later and the event progress bar is still at 0%? Either rigged or they really need to adjust the drop rate...
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garish wrote: »
    Twenty hours later and the event progress bar is still at 0%? Either rigged or they really need to adjust the drop rate...

Perhaps it’s simply a reflection of how many people have quit the game in recent months due to lack of meaningful new content and crippling performance issues?
  • ragnarok6644b14_ESO

I think the Bar's 'refresh rate' is once daily. So expect it at the 24hrs mark.
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got all 5 from doing one lucent citadel run. The quest reward is just one purple coffer so you could just forget about it and farm the coffers much faster and maybe sometime get an extra coffer from this quest.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then I ran around the zone, grumbling in boredom, clicking on crafting nodes and chests. Got the other 4 in half an hour. Much more effecient. Whole process vexed me, but it's probably a me thing. Too many events, back to back to back, for too many months. Burn out is setting in and we're not even to Halloween, whatever event will be in November, and then the New Life Festival. October 8th, right? Another... 14 days of this. Great.

Yes it’s a bit much having this one so soon after the Undaunted event. A week or two of breathing space would have been nice.

I think they update it manually.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 11 in the time it took my friend to get 5, they are definitely not dropping at consistent rates
  • ragnarok6644b14_ESO
    I got 11 in the time it took my friend to get 5, they are definitely not dropping at consistent rates

Wait, randomness is inconsistent?

Who could have foreseen this!
  • Garish
    Garish
    ✭✭✭

I think the Bar's 'refresh rate' is once daily. So expect it at the 24hrs mark.

Well I'm sorry, if that's true, it's not good enough imo. ONE update every 24 hours? Needs to be more often. People want to see the progress!
  • mdjessup4906
    mdjessup4906
    ✭✭✭
    Missed my first set of tickets this way. Did the dailies in the morning before 10am, forgetting that you get tickets from them, them only had an hour or so to play that night. Figured I'd spam some delves and mirror dolmens but only found 1.
    I remember getting the necrom parchments way easier.
    Edited by mdjessup4906 on September 27, 2024 12:05PM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I saved previous days dailies on four characters so after event started I did 24 dailies and I got 11 remnants total over the four characters.

Went shopping found some nice cheap ones at a trader, did the quest on all four characters and was left with some spares.

By this time it had already been well discussed in my guilds that nodes were the best source, I did dailies on two more characters but instead of porting or riding I walked.

I killed everything and picked every node..... I ended up doing the quest on those two characters too and when I logged off I had 31 left in the bank.

Taking into account the time I spent online, this is not practical for the majority of players!! 😕
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    I got 2 before I gave up. Why? Just why?
    Edited by Hrolthar on September 27, 2024 1:15PM
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm up to 40 remnants. Feel free to inquire about them if you want to save yourself the time farming.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • theoverseer
    theoverseer
    ✭✭
    Dozens if not hundreds of nodes - no remnants. Several world bosses - no remnants. Innumerable mobs - no remnants.

The only reliable drops for me were Mirrormoor incursions, where the drop rate was maybe 50%. If you figure 5-10 minutes per incursion it just feels like a colossal waste of time.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did it once on 3 chars. Am done with event now.
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they’d stop dropping after I combined 5 and turned in the quest but they kept coming. Primarily resource nodes. Ended up with 16 extra. Think I can use them for 3 days worth of quests.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i think they only update that maybe once a day, or even every couple days, its 100% not "real time"

for the rest, my experience with the fragments was i got 1 from a mirrormoor incursion, and then 4 from harvesting nodes, didnt even feel like trying other sources because i figured it would be like last years and a waste of time to do anything other than nodes, outside of random drops while doing the daily
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • ragnarok6644b14_ESO
    Ended up with 7 remnants and about 8 inks after dailies + nodes just tooling around.