Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Anyone else getting a terrible drop rate for the Ayleid Remnants needed to complete the event quest?

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found 30 of these Ayleid things yesterday, while running around gathering mats for about 1 hour in total. That's enough for 6 days. Another hour like this and I've basically finished for the rest of the event (I guess I'll even have a bunch of spare ones in the end that I can sell or give away, as I'm mainly doing it for the double-dropping mats).
    Garish wrote: »
    Well I'm sorry, if that's true, it's not good enough imo. ONE update every 24 hours? Needs to be more often. People want to see the progress!

It's been like this every year. It's at 11% now, btw.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    I've found 30 of these Ayleid things yesterday, while running around gathering mats for about 1 hour in total. That's enough for 6 days. Another hour like this and I've basically finished for the rest of the event (I guess I'll even have a bunch of spare ones in the end that I can sell or give away, as I'm mainly doing it for the double-dropping mats).
    Garish wrote: »
    Well I'm sorry, if that's true, it's not good enough imo. ONE update every 24 hours? Needs to be more often. People want to see the progress!

It's been like this every year. It's at 11% now, btw.

Put them in the bank and then complete the daily event quest on alts. :)
  • Aggrovious
    Aggrovious
    ✭✭✭
    gabbo1928 wrote: »
    It is day 1 of the West Weald event. A friend and I just spent an hour playing during my lunch break. We ran all over WW, killing delve and world bosses, and completing Mirrormoor incursions. By the end of the hour, we had each only gotten 2 Ayleid Remnants. You need 5 to complete the daily quest for the event. Is this working as intended? Because expecting people to play 2-3 hours per day just to participate in the community event is ridiculous.

You want to run Lucent Citadel and look for me in game because I am running it all weekend.
    PVP nerfs are the bane of PVE and dangerous for the value of ESO.

RIP Vampires. RIP Plaguebreak. RIP Necromancer's Harmony. RIP ole Nightblade. RIP ole Crimson Twilight. RIP Rush of Agony. RIP Azureblight. RIP: next complain post from a zergling...
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 11 in the time it took my friend to get 5, they are definitely not dropping at consistent rates

Wait, randomness is inconsistent?

Who could have foreseen this!

Simply put, it should not be random. All "dangerous" enemies should be a guaranteed drop, with nodes, chests and random small enemies keeping the rng drop rates.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 11 in the time it took my friend to get 5, they are definitely not dropping at consistent rates

Simply put, it should not be random. All "dangerous" enemies should be a guaranteed drop, with nodes, chests and random small enemies keeping the rng drop rates.

Why should it be guaranteed? Where's the fun in that?
  • AlwaysDancing
    AlwaysDancing
    ✭✭✭
    fun/s
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I farmed nodes and mobs for like an hour last night and got around 30.
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fun is in completing the quest and participating in the event.
    Where on earth is the fun in taking 2 hours to do a simple daily holiday quest?
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the Ayleid Remnants should've had a guaranteed drop from the first completion of each activity type: Delve Daily, World Boss Daily, Incursion Daily, Fishing Hole, and Resource Node. That way there's no guessing when a player will get the drops, and it would take everyone about the same amount of time to complete the quest each day.

Yesterday I got 5 Ayleid Remnants after looting less than 50 resource nodes, but today I had to loot more than 100 resource nodes to get them. Why should it take longer to complete when you get the same rewards regardless of time spent...
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Double loot drops and coffers from the WB's and Delve bosses alone is very rewarding, and thus enjoyable and fun. The event quest itself doesn't even have much of a reward, so why even sweat it? Looting a WB or Delve boss is more rewarding than the quest reward.

Why focus on completing the quest as soon as you get it? I'm out enjoying my gaming day and turning in the quest at the very end when I'm done, and it is quite satisfying.
    Edited by DenverRalphy on September 27, 2024 10:16PM
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't yet managed to complete the quest once on either server. I doubt the completion percentage will climb very high on this one...
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Double loot drops and coffers from the WB's and Delve bosses alone is very rewarding, and thus enjoyable and fun. The event quest itself doesn't even have much of a reward, so why even sweat it? Looting a WB or Delve boss is more rewarding than the quest reward.

Why focus on completing the quest as soon as you get it? I'm out enjoying my gaming day and turning in the quest at the very end when I'm done, and it is quite satisfying.

Are you deliberately misunderstanding the problem?

I will bold it.

The drop chances for the holiday quest pieces are so inconsistent that you can do MULTIPLE of each World Boss, delve, and Mirrormore quest, and still not complete the daily. Yes, even if you loot rss nodes along the way. Yesterday a friend and I did exactly that and it took over 2 hours for 5 pieces.

Now since the event tracker thingy tracks completing that one specific quest and nothing else some of us would actually like to do it once a day.
  • Crismac
    Crismac
    ✭✭✭
    I was on for 3 hours and only got 2. No way will I attempt that again. Not worth it.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yeah i remember last years event, the drops were significantly higher rate from resource nodes

I did 3 hours last night of resource node and didn't get one. I didn't get any ink either. I wonder if it is dropping at all during the event. I did get 2 kuta, so not entirely a waste.

PS5/NA
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah farm nodes and chest , high drop rate

Huh, 3 hours 0 for me.

PS5/NA
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate of Ayleid Remnants from resource nodes isn't "high." It just seems like it's high because when farming nodes you can get more chances in a shorter amount of time. It's possible to harvest 20+ nodes in the same time that it takes to kill just 1 World Boss. So that's 20+ rolls compared to just 1 roll.

Luminous Ink is known to have an abysmal drop rate even from farming resource nodes. But today I got 7 Ink drops from nodes before I got the 5 Ayelid Remnants for the quest. Ain't nobody ever said that Luminous Ink had a "high" drop rate. :D
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah i remember last years event, the drops were significantly higher rate from resource nodes

I did 3 hours last night of resource node and didn't get one. I didn't get any ink either. I wonder if it is dropping at all during the event. I did get 2 kuta, so not entirely a waste.

if i had to guess, it probably took me ~1-2 hours to get all 5 remnants, and that was including doing 1 mirrormoor incursion for a west weald daily

i did another incursion daily today and got remnant again from the mirrormoor incursion as well, though i didnt really bother farming remnants out for the quest, theres no tickets from that quest so i have no real incentive to do it outside of the extra event box lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    The drop rates are horrible! It takes me hours to get 5 of those stupid ayleid remnants that I'm getting burnt out on the event and it's only DAY 2!!

WTH ZoS!? What made you think people like being set up for failure? And what motivation is there for anyone to get burnt out on an event?

Geez, talk about poor planning...
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    Luminous Ink is known to have an abysmal drop rate even from farming resource nodes. But today I got 7 Ink drops from nodes before I got the 5 Ayelid Remnants for the quest. Ain't nobody ever said that Luminous Ink had a "high" drop rate. :D

Hmm, haven't had a single ink drop in two days. Is there some quest I need to do to get the ink drops?
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »

Hmm, haven't had a single ink drop in two days. Is there some quest I need to do to get the ink drops?

Yeah, completing the Scribing quest line will unlock two account-wide perks that'll allow Luminous Ink to drop from different sources. It will not drop for you until you have those perks unlocked, but you can still buy it from other players at any time.

"Ink drops from enemies after completing Wing of the Indrik, and you can find it in resource nodes after completing Wing of the Netch." (Heavy Sacks and Treasure Chests can now also drop Ink after completing Wing of the Netch)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/659585/how-to-unlock-scribing

Edited by N00BxV1 on September 28, 2024 2:27AM
  • GLP323b14_ESO
    GLP323b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Whatever's going on the drop rate is terribly inconsistent.

Yesterday I did seem to have better luck from resource nodes... initially.

And I got at least one per world boss.

Today.... harvesting endless resource nodes got me a single remnant and from 4 bosses, only 1 dropped.

What gives Zenimax?

I'm not doing this.
    PC/NA @GP323
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmm I've had 3 toons each on EU and NA doing the dolmen runs, the dailies and harvesting for the last 2 days. I've got 3 on NA and 2 on EU...
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So yesterday and Thursday I was having great RNG with drops for both purple boxes and remnants.

Today. Nothing...

Nothing from nodes, treasure chests, bosses, incursions and got nothing in my gold reward box other than some crafting materials and an overland weapon.

I should have kept my mouth shut ;)
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry community, I normally make an effort to grind these events but I’m still burnt out from farming this zone when it first released for the scribing and skill styles stuff. Have zero motivation to spend more hours here mindlessly standing around at the Incursions waiting for the bosses immune phases to drop
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got the three dailies and the remnant quest, did 3 WBs and one Mirrormoor incursion and one delve daily, only 1 Ayleid remnant. I then farmed nodes to get the rest. 3 hours total. I was all for doing this just for the community event but this is asking too much. Instead of enjoying the time each time I prayed I would get another drop so it would end and it just went on for so long. Count me out.

The first 2 days I farmed the public dungeons which took forever, I mostly just got them from the bosses when I could (rarely) find one alive. I did the dailies too and didn’t get a single one, but happened to harvest a resource and got one so I’ll try that going forward.

Sadly, the poor drop rate (for some, like me) is giving me flashbacks of that horrible anniversary event with the five style pieces. I’d like to do my part to help the community but just may not have enough play time most days to get the Ayleid Remnants. 😟
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have found sufficient but it IS some time you need to invest to get 5 together. At the same time it is not excessive this time (unlike the grind for the jubilee event special motifs which was horrible).

What I can recommend: Loot everything. Litteraly everything, even butterflies and honeybees.

What I do: I pick up daily quests and then walk on foot from quest location to quest location and pick up everything along the way. This way I usually manage to complete the 5 remnants on the fly.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aggrovious wrote: »
    You want to run Lucent Citadel and look for me in game because I am running it all weekend.

If you’re PC/NA you might see me; I still need to complete the sticker book for that Trial.

(And I did get a few Remnants on my run last night. RNG being what it is, the double set piece drop is good insurance that the run won’t be wasted regardless.)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabbo1928 wrote: »
    It is day 1 of the West Weald event. A friend and I just spent an hour playing during my lunch break. We ran all over WW, killing delve and world bosses, and completing Mirrormoor incursions. By the end of the hour, we had each only gotten 2 Ayleid Remnants. You need 5 to complete the daily quest for the event. Is this working as intended? Because expecting people to play 2-3 hours per day just to participate in the community event is ridiculous.

The latest classroom project in the How To Make Players Hate Games 101 class at the community college. :smile:

I played this event quest for a while this morning and realized it was quite the time investment, and I don't have time for that sort of thing today, so I passed after finding 2 of them.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing many folks posting about having bad RNG farming remnants while other folks post about having good RNG farming remnants. I think that this is a feature of the ESO RNG system. To me it is like rolling a ten sided dice fifty times, where I would expect to roll a "7" five times, but instead I roll a "7" ten times, or I roll a "7" zero times. Anyway, I think the ESO RNG system is like that, and it has runs of bad or good RNG. I know, eventually it should average out, but who wants to spend hours farming while waiting for the run of bad RNG to end?

Since it appears to me that different alts have different RNG with the ESO RNG system, maybe folks who are experiencing a run of bad RNG while farming remnants could try farming on a different alt?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ingenon wrote: »
    I'm seeing many folks posting about having bad RNG farming remnants while other folks post about having good RNG farming remnants. I think that this is a feature of the ESO RNG system. To me it is like rolling a ten sided dice fifty times, where I would expect to roll a "7" five times, but instead I roll a "7" ten times, or I roll a "7" zero times. Anyway, I think the ESO RNG system is like that, and it has runs of bad or good RNG. I know, eventually it should average out, but who wants to spend hours farming while waiting for the run of bad RNG to end?

Since it appears to me that different alts have different RNG with the ESO RNG system, maybe folks who are experiencing a run of bad RNG while farming remnants could try farming on a different alt?

Personally, it feels like rolling a 50 sided die 1000 times, but half of the people are always getting 40-50 and the other half are always getting 1-10. :smile:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus