Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Anyone else getting a terrible drop rate for the Ayleid Remnants needed to complete the event quest?

gabbo1928
gabbo1928
✭✭✭
It is day 1 of the West Weald event. A friend and I just spent an hour playing during my lunch break. We ran all over WW, killing delve and world bosses, and completing Mirrormoor incursions. By the end of the hour, we had each only gotten 2 Ayleid Remnants. You need 5 to complete the daily quest for the event. Is this working as intended? Because expecting people to play 2-3 hours per day just to participate in the community event is ridiculous.
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Said similar in News thread.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was an issue last year with the Necrom event too; some of us had terrible RNG on the event fragments. I personally seem to have the best luck finding them in resource nodes, so that might be something to try.

These events should be fun and not an overwhelming grind - I hope @ZOS_Kevin can check on this and make sure the ayleid remnant drops are functioning as intended.

EDIT to add: Found the thread on this issue from last year's Necrom event.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on September 26, 2024 4:43PM
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did the three dailies, and not a single one. That is all I am doing for the event, so I have a feeling I'll not complete that quest.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah i remember last years event, the drops were significantly higher rate from resource nodes
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got all 5 remnants from overland nodes and one random enemy. Maybe 20 mins total of picking resource nodes. At one point I had two nodes near each other each drop one.

Running around doing bosses for them is probably not the most efficient way since you can pick more resource nodes in the time it takes to kill a boss. And more resource nodes is more chances for the drop.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I ran around doing Incursions (with a few stray enemies and resource nodes as I travelled from wayshrines to the incursion sites) and got the first 4 remnants somewhat easily and quickly, within my first 6 Incursions, as long as I got in on at least one of the three mini-rifts prior to the Champion emerging (I assume it was a damage-percentage thing), but it took almost an entire hour after that for the 5th remnant to drop. Kinda frustrating, and not something I'm gonna feel like enduring on a daily basis (I don't have much time to play currently; Thursdays are a bit of an aberration).
    I'm gonna give it another go tomorrow evening if I can get some time, but I'll do more than focus on Incursions.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Syldras
      Syldras
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You should go for nodes. I started at 7.25 pm my time. Got the first artifact at 7.27, the second at 7.34, the third at 7.37, forth at 7.39, fifth at 7.40 (yeah, I actually made notes because I wondered whether it has a cooldown) - the whole thing finished within 15 minutes. I also got 1 luminous ink along the way, 1 sack, 2 event boxes, 4 zone set armor pieces.

I did the same for last year's event. It went just as fast.

Edited by Syldras on September 26, 2024 5:48PM
      @Syldras | PC | EU
      The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
      Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
      Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
      Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
    • AnduinTryggva
      AnduinTryggva
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      gabbo1928 wrote: »
      It is day 1 of the West Weald event. A friend and I just spent an hour playing during my lunch break. We ran all over WW, killing delve and world bosses, and completing Mirrormoor incursions. By the end of the hour, we had each only gotten 2 Ayleid Remnants. You need 5 to complete the daily quest for the event. Is this working as intended? Because expecting people to play 2-3 hours per day just to participate in the community event is ridiculous.

I fully am compassionate about your bad luck. It should not be such a terrible grind.

I on my side did 2.5h and completed it three times on my characters and have about 7 or 8 remnants remaining. I hope tomorrow my luck will be similar.

On another note: I never got one single remnant from dungeons so my guess is I won't farm these locations for them.
    • nwilliams2107b16_ESO
      nwilliams2107b16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      Took me about 30 minutes, got 2 from nodes, rest from the daily quests.
    • valenwood_vegan
      valenwood_vegan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I just worry that this is another situation where flaws in the RNG system are preventing certain players from getting the drops in a reasonable amount of time... we've been here before with events. I would hope zos would consider coding some kind of safeguard for event drops like this to ensure that players aren't left out of what should just be a fun and lighthearted event because the game won't roll a certain number for them.

I, for example, found the 5 relics in about 5 minutes on one character, while another one only had one drop after an hour. There shouldn't be such a disparity - this isn't some rare item people should feel they have to grind endlessly for.
    • JaxontheUnfortunate
      I got mine from running around the public dungeons killing everything I came across and got all 5 that way.
    • DirtyDeeds765
      DirtyDeeds765
      ✭✭✭✭
      The bigger concern here is that unlike previous events, you're not getting a guaranteed regular box every 5 minutes (that's the cooldown) when doing incursions or killing bosses.

@DirtyDeeds765
    • LouisaB75
      LouisaB75
      ✭✭✭✭
      Just came here to see if it was just me. I really don't have time for this to be a repeat of the Necrom event. There are only so many hours in a day. I really only want my event tickets and this is going to become very tiresome very quickly.
    • Minnesinger
      Minnesinger
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I got 2 from resource nodes. Also 1 by killing a random mob.
      The wind is cold where I live,
      The blizzard is my home,
      Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
    • LouisaB75
      LouisaB75
      ✭✭✭✭
      Gave up on bosses, went to resource nodes, took about 30 minutes. Thankfully not as bad drop rates as the Necrom one, at least not so far. Even got another one for the next day on my way back to the Wayshrine.
    • Its_MySniff
      Its_MySniff
      ✭✭✭
      I picked up 15 rather quick. Nodes, mobs, chests and a few incursions. Nodes gave me the most.
    • SkaiFaith
      SkaiFaith
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'll throw this here but, you know, this year It doesn't make any difference if you complete the event quest or if someone else does it for you - the prize Is the same, sooo... Since drop rates make them rare, you could have another use for those remnants, they are not bound after all... Wink wink (at least that's what I'm trying)
      A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
      B: "Too many words. Words bad. Won't read. ⚔️"
    • Ingenon
      Ingenon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I got 2 remnants from doing 6 daily quests (3 each on 2 alts), and then got the other 3 farming resource nodes. Farming nodes is quicker.
    • DenverRalphy
      DenverRalphy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Share/Trade with guild mates. They're not bound.

And even if you don't get them, at the character level you're not missing out on anything. Other players turning in a lot more than you aren't getting anything you aren't. If you've got crummy rng today, tomorrow you may have great rng.

I saw players trying to sell extras in Zone Chat. Mind boggling that anybody would buy them as they have zero value whatsoever.
      Edited by DenverRalphy on September 26, 2024 8:09PM
    • AzuraFan
      AzuraFan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I found 5 in about 20-25 minutes. Not a terrible drop rate, but not high enough that I'll repeat this quest, especially since I don't have to do it to get event tickets.

(I got mine from resource nodes (3), a thieves trove (1), and an overland mob (1))
    • Hapexamendios
      Hapexamendios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Tried nodes for about 20 min- nothing, did daily quests - nothing. Dropped the Fallen Leaves quest as it's just not worth doing imo.
    • Aurielle
      Aurielle
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I got mine really quickly, like less than ten minutes. Don’t just do nodes… I got mine from a world boss, a treasure chest, a heavy sack, and some nodes.
    • joergino
      joergino
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Another event starring RNG. Hooray.
    • Syldras
      Syldras
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      For me it's a nice thing to do on the side, to be honest. I planned on stocking up on crafting material anyway, so the current double drops are a good opportunity, and if I even get these quest things and event boxes on the side, it's perfect.

Found 16 in 40 minutes so far, most through nodes, and 1 each through an overland mob and a treasure chest.
      @Syldras | PC | EU
      The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
      Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
      Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
      Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
    • Jaimeh
      Jaimeh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I did 3 dailies on 3 characters, so 9 quests in total, and picked some nodes along the way, but only got 1 fragment so far (from the mirrormoor incursion).All I can say is that I'm glad the tickets are not tied exclusively to this quest.
    • Astiron
      Astiron
      ✭✭✭
      Just finished all the world bosses and 2 delves. Only have 2 fragments. This is way too long for a daily quest.
    • Harry_Toes
      Harry_Toes
      ✭✭✭
      gabbo1928 wrote: »

I ran WW for an hour before work this morning, participated in 2 Mirrormoor events and 1 WB - got 2 drops, one from a random mat node. Only 1 of the 2 events produced one, and I got none from the WB.

This shouldn't be as hard as luminous ink. Crazy.
      Edited by Harry_Toes on September 26, 2024 10:05PM
    • Shara_Wynn
      Shara_Wynn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No. I am not having terrible drop rates. Was pretty much getting one alongside a purple coffer for every Mirrormoor event I did, as well as every chest I opened in WW and a decent drop rate from resource nodes in WW.
    • LukosCreyden
      LukosCreyden
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Mine mostly came from overland mobs, overland chests and nodes.
      Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
    • madman65
      madman65
      ✭✭✭✭
      Taggund wrote: »
      I did the three dailies, and not a single one. That is all I am doing for the event, so I have a feeling I'll not complete that quest.

Yeah I did all 3 Dailies and got no drops but at least I got a bunch of JUNK!