Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Anyone else getting a terrible drop rate for the Ayleid Remnants needed to complete the event quest?

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't say anything about yesterday's RNG, as I just turned in spare artifacts from the day before, but I guess I'll try my luck again later today.

Anyway, for those who are curious: The counter is at 25% now.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • antihero_kazuma
    I ended up doing all the dailies twice and not one dropped. If I didn't see them in traders I would be wondering if they existed
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did the harvesting 15 nodes endeavor in West Weald this morning and got 2 remnants in about 5 minutes. However, I'm not taking that daily again until I have 5, and I'm only going into the West Weald to do one daily for event tickets (figured I might as well do the endeavor while I was there), so those remnants could die in my inventory.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delves don't seem to gain anything, no matter how many mobs you wipe or taking out the Boss.

:#
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    third event day, not a single ayleid stuff....
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
  • Its_MySniff
    Its_MySniff
    ✭✭✭
    I have around 30 on my farmer, plus a few in the bank. They are dropping back to back for me. I picked up 7 ink today and 20 yesterday. I'm on psna.
  • twigbot11k
    Day 1: Missed logging in.

Day 2: Logged in early, on EU, grabbed daily for the remnant drops. 20 minutes or so later, killing zone foes, and gathering all nodes I saw, had 2/5. Gave up on it for EU. Logged NA, got quest, spent 15 minutes melting foes, gathering all nodes I found, had 0/5. Gave up on it.

Day 3: Mention awful drop luck on EU, across two days, for what is supposed to be a daily done each day, and two nice players mailed me enough for a turn-in. Thanked them for the help! Without that assistance, I could not have helped the community progress this event meter.

Log NA, right off skip the multi-day grind for 5/5, or how it plays for me so far. Went to the AH, bought 10 from what I guess are people on an awesome luck trend in ESO, as I am not. And without a 100% drop rate, or assistance from others, or buying from AH [as long as I have funds], this daily is impossible for me to complete each day. Possibly even impossible to complete, for me, each week.
    Edited by twigbot11k on September 28, 2024 7:50PM
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today my RNG was MUCH better... It's crazy how good it was today compared to the other two days... I did the same thing today that I've done each day, but today I got MUCH MORE Ayelid Remnants and Fallen Leaves Coffers than I did from the two other days COMBINED.

First I picked up the Daily Delve Quest (for Varen's Watch, lower south-west on map) in Skingrad, then I picked up the Daily Event Quest from Gandrinar.

From there I started heading towards the Delve on foot. I looted every resource node, treasure chest, thieves trove and mob along the way. After I arrived at and completed the objectives inside the Delve, then I headed back towards Skingrad on foot looting everything along the way again. I basically made a big loop around the map.

According to Loot Log:
    - Total run time: 14:55:54 - 15:31:27 (36 minutes).
    - Objects looted: 173
    - Ayelid Remnant: 23
    - Fallen Leaves Coffer: 6
    - Luminous Ink: 9

Here's the exact times that I looted each Ayelid Remnant:
    - 14:55:08
    - 15:00:57
    - 15:04:56
    - 15:07:55
    - 15:08:28
    - 15:10:32
    - 15:11:14
    - 15:12:21
    - 15:12:26
    - 15:15:18
    - 15:15:26
    - 15:15:44
    - 15:18:41
    - 15:19:22
    - 15:20:50
    - 15:22:17
    - 15:23:23
    - 15:24:16
    - 15:25:38
    - 15:28:04
    - 15:28:22
    - 15:29:41
    - 15:30:22

CRAZY. :D

Edit:
    After taking a break I did some more farming for a few hours and got 42 more Ayelid Remnants, 14 more Fallen Leaves Coffers, and 19 more Luminous Ink. I have enough Ayelid Remnants now to be able to turn in each day without having to do anymore farming. I'm free! :p

Edited by N00BxV1 on September 28, 2024 11:47PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slight improvement today, got 2 remnants while doing the dailies and picking up west weald maps/surveys, which brings me to a grand total of 3. I might be able to turn this in once or twice during the event.
  • baconaura
    baconaura
    ✭✭✭
    run some lucent citadel. got so many in there from all the chests, and mobs.

had enough to complete my daily after 1 run through.
    Edited by baconaura on September 29, 2024 2:38AM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first I thought it got worse today; no drops within the first 10 minutes. Then I got 5 in a row from nodes (rng is insane...), and after 2 minutes another 2 within a minute. Then they began to drop like crazy, about 1 per minute. I didn't try for long today, but got 14 altogether, in about 20-25 minutes.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • ChaoticWings3
    ChaoticWings3
    ✭✭✭
    The drop rate feels similar to the luminous ink drops kind of feel like. I have gotten less ink in West Weald but as soon as I adventure around another area ink drops about as often.
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    1. The meter (currently at 25%) is updated once a day, usually around 5pm CET

2. The ayleid fragments do drop, but the RNG is horrible…got all 5 on day 1 on a toon after 90 minutes….got x8 on a different toon on day 2 within 20 minutes.

3. Drop rate needs pushing up from WB & MM, perhaps in Wednesday’s server maintenance it could get tweaked?

4. Chests, Psijic portals, resource nodes (any, inc. water) and PD bosses have given me mine….only got x1 from a mirrormore (MM) incursion over the last 3.5 days so far despite many MMS done.

Despite the low ayleid drop rates, they are still way, way better drop rates than luminous inks!!!
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's at 39% now, btw, which means we've earned the wine jelly.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    It's at 39% now, btw, which means we've earned the wine jelly.

Yeay! I need to find a way to work it into Merryvine Estate amongst a pile of wine bottles! 😊
  • mdjessup4906
    mdjessup4906
    ✭✭✭
    I finally got a decent amount of them doing vlc a couple of times. So it's basically the west wield nodes and trial event, since they almost never drop from anywhere else.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is the nodes are getting farmed by literally everyone in the zone which isn't surprising but if this is really the best way to get these, its just not going to be enough.

I've gotten them from nodes, chests, random NPC enemies and bosses.
    I've been doing dailies in there on 3 characters and I've only gotten 7 so far.
    I've already farmed the 30 boss quests in the zone so I'm not going out of my way to do more than one or two a day per character.

I just don't have the time nor the tolerance to live my life in the game for the event to farm these things.

I think they also overestimated the level of participation. I'm seeing people in the zone but honestly its low compared to other years. Three people at a boss with others sharing the quest when we used to get 10.

39% this far into the event tells me either the drop rates are way too low and/or participation isn't as high as they thought it would be.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Problem is the nodes are getting farmed by literally everyone in the zone which isn't surprising but if this is really the best way to get these, its just not going to be enough.

I've gotten them from nodes, chests, random NPC enemies and bosses.
    I've been doing dailies in there on 3 characters and I've only gotten 7 so far.
    I've already farmed the 30 boss quests in the zone so I'm not going out of my way to do more than one or two a day per character.

I just don't have the time nor the tolerance to live my life in the game for the event to farm these things.

I think they also overestimated the level of participation. I'm seeing people in the zone but honestly its low compared to other years. Three people at a boss with others sharing the quest when we used to get 10.

39% this far into the event tells me either the drop rates are way too low and/or participation isn't as high as they thought it would be.

I do it once a day on one toon.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless I hear they do something about the drop rate I am going to be giving up on this quest. Maybe I am just having the worst luck, but even after seeing this thread and switihing to node farming I am just not getting many of these to drop and I just don't have 2-3 hours a day to spend trying to get these.

And I know RNG is RNG, but I have quite litterally gotten more Lumonous Ink drops during the event so far.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For once RNG seems to be favouring me!

I got seven yesterday - some from dailies, but most from nodes and treasure chests.

Hand in five, start today with two. By the end of the day I'd handed in another five, and already have five ready for tomorrow :)

Again, occasionally from bosses/dailies, but far more often from nodes and chests... and minotaurs!

As others have said, I go round on foot between dailies/bosses and kill or harvest absolutely everything I come across. Got about 5 ink as well, which is an exceptional return for me.
  • Kitziboo
    Kitziboo
    ✭✭✭
    Today I had a very lucky morning on EU and have 16 banked for the next three days. I then spent hours on NA trying to get five and despite doing all dailies on three characters, dungeons and harvesting/chests/general mobs, I didn’t manage to get a single one. As a bonus, both are doing well for the ink.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Today I did the event quest on six characters.

I started the day on 28 remnants, I also did dailies on four of the six characters and picked them up on the other two to double up on those tomorrow.

I walk/run everywhere and kill everything I see, collecting every node I see.

I have just logged off and have 36 already banked for tomorrow.

I have seen them drop from everything today, even mobs in delves.

Big bonus I also dropped 21 Inks today!!

I must admit I have been more inclined to run around as the Fallen Leaves coffers have given me some nice goodies too! 🙂
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah i remember last years event, the drops were significantly higher rate from resource nodes

I did 3 hours last night of resource node and didn't get one. I didn't get any ink either. I wonder if it is dropping at all during the event. I did get 2 kuta, so not entirely a waste.

I've got ink on all my accounts just gathering nodes; a total of 24 across 4 accounts, both PC megaservers. And that's only running one character for an hour or so each day (in other words, I'm not really pushing this, just putzing with node harvesting).

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • JinKC98
    JinKC98
    ✭✭
    Try harvesting resource nodes, or participate in Lucent Citadel trial. I might be wrong but I feel like the drop rate is so much higher there.
  • Ennaia
    Ennaia
    Soul Shriven
    I've been having absolutely rotten luck with the remnants. Been doing both dailies, mirrormoor runs and node farming for HOURS since the event started and I've gotten all in all 8 remnants and managed to complete the daily just once. Yesterday I gave up after 1 hour and just did other quests instead because I was getting too frustrated.

While I know they will probably make sure that the event meter fills up by the end of the event regardless, it is quite frustrating that the promoted daily quest is more like a 3-day quest of endless grinding. At least I get all the world bosses done and soon have the entire Alessia deck.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got to 5 on my second day. I tried farming nodes, but never saw one. Had more luck in delves. I am no longer farming them and have returned to previously scheduled activities.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, consistently the best way to get Ayleid Remnants is by doing Mirrormoor incursions.

Having said that, yesterday I opened somewhere in the region of 70 purple boxes and didn't get a singe motif drop, furnishing recipe or style page. Just overland set pieces, green or blue companion gear or mats.
  • Juomuuri
    Juomuuri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was doing the daily quests and the remnant quest with my sister in the weekend, and I got way more drops than her in the same time slot. Ended up giving her one of mine since she only found 4 while I found like 8. And yes - they are tradeable! If you're playing with friends, you can trade them for faster turnaround.
    PC-EU (Steam) - Roleplayer, Quester, Crafter, Furnisher, Dungeoneer - Fashion Scrolls - CP 2000+
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ennaia wrote: »
    While I know they will probably make sure that the event meter fills up by the end of the event regardless

Probably. It's at 55% now.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since this quest does not give tickets, i only farmed out remnants the first day, after that, i pick up the quest, and then if i happen to get 5 ill turn it in, if not it waits till the next day

the normal event boxes arent super great, but ill definitely get the gold box each day lol

i would say i most commonly have gotten the remnants from either harvesting, or mirrormoor incursions
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities