Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Anti-Teabagging Policy now encouraging even worse toxic behavior

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I don't know what else you would call it when these are gamers who teabagged you before (sometimes heavily) prior to the rule change, have bagged people AFTER the rule change, and then the moment you do it back to them, they look to hide behind the new rule. Its pretty much to the point where if you get a whisper/message from someone about teabagging, your best option is to say "Fair enough, you bag me and I'll report you."

This is so middle-school nonsense and it is making the game MORE toxic, not less.

Yes. The correct response to that is tell them they aren't allowed to teabag you either, and then report them if they do. You can also report that exchange. Devs will decide if it's considered baiting or not, which is also against the rules.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 27, 2024 3:44PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be an extreme idea but... why not just stop teabagging?
    PCNA
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mass reporting was already weaponized prior to this change. People are petty like that.

Zos shouldn't ban people until after the reports are verified. That will fix the issue. Abusing the reporting system should result in some type of action.
  • JiubLeRepenti
    JiubLeRepenti
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Another extreme idea: why not tell people it's just a game and that they shouldn't take things too seriously or feel offended by a little bait?
    BE/FR l PC EU l CP2400
    Just fell in love with housing! Dedicated Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@JiubLeRepentiYT/videos
    TES III Morrowind biggest fan!
    Never forget: we can disagree on everything, as long as we debate politely and respectfully
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Another extreme idea: why not tell people it's just a game and that they shouldn't take things too seriously or feel offended by a little bait?

Ones doesn't get to take actions that's purpose is to offend, and then tell others how to feel about it. It's very easy to not teabag someone that says they don't like it.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 27, 2024 3:46PM
  • JiubLeRepenti
    JiubLeRepenti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Ones doesn't get to take actions that's purpose is to offend, and then tell others how to feel about it. It's very easy to not teabag someone that says they don't like it.

As it's very easy to say to that person that it's just a small and harmless bait and that it has absolute no consequence nor severity, and that he shouldn't take it too seriously.

I remember having received a warning from ZOS for having thrown a mudball on a dude that was playing an awful instrument. I threw only one single ball. And got reported. Made a reclaim, explaining how stupid the situation was, and it got removed.

Just feel sad for the people who feel offended/attacked by an emote nor an action in a game. And I already know you and I will never agree on that. But that's fine. I'm OK with that. And I also know you'll get ten times more upvotes than me for defending your point of vue. And, again, I'm fine with it.
    Edited by JiubLeRepenti on September 27, 2024 3:57PM
    BE/FR l PC EU l CP2400
    Just fell in love with housing! Dedicated Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@JiubLeRepentiYT/videos
    Never forget: we can disagree on everything, as long as we debate politely and respectfully
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another reason I don't like ESO PvP. There are way too many players who cry harassment, hax, or nerf when you kill them.
  • JiubLeRepenti
    JiubLeRepenti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrashTest wrote: »
    Just another reason I don't like ESO PvP. There are way too many players who cry harassment, hax, or nerf when you kill them.

Yup, just seem like some of them endure some PTSD by the end of the day, remembering how xXx-D4rkLegi0n-xXx put his bag on their nose :D
    BE/FR l PC EU l CP2400
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    ..."widely-known teabagger"???

Bilbo Teabaggins, he's legendary...

/s
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I don't know what else you would call it when these are gamers who teabagged you before (sometimes heavily) prior to the rule change, have bagged people AFTER the rule change, and then the moment you do it back to them, they look to hide behind the new rule. Its pretty much to the point where if you get a whisper/message from someone about teabagging, your best option is to say "Fair enough, you bag me and I'll report you."

This is so middle-school nonsense and it is making the game MORE toxic, not less.

Yes. The correct response to that is tell them they aren't allowed to teabag you either, and then report them if they do. You can also report that exchange. Devs will decide if it's considered baiting or not, which is also against the rules.

But first you must set up a youtube or twitch account. Then you have to install software for taking screenshots and video. Then you have to run that software the entire time you are playing the game in hopes of catching the offender harrassing you AT LEAST 3 times. Then post those videos along with the screenshot of you telling them not to harrass you to your account and send the links to those videos to ZOS as part of your report. Otherwise all you'll ever get is a series of automated responses and no customer service agent will ever even see your reports.
  • Aggrovious
    Aggrovious
    ✭✭✭
    Aggrovious wrote: »
    them suspended.

Baiting someone to teabag? lol!

[/quote]

These are the same people calling for nerfs. They run only in groups. If I was to be unfair, I would say all of PVP just needs to go.

Just do what they do, change your "@" in account settings so they essentially avoid any ban. Should all players not be allowed to change their @? No, but ZOS should track what a user has done in the past before switching. There are a couple of players who legitimately do this and they tend to lead ball groups. The whole thing is toxic and I am not sure what you were expecting?
    PVP nerfs are the bane of PVE and dangerous for the value of ESO.

RIP Vampires. RIP Plaguebreak. RIP Necromancer's Harmony. RIP ole Nightblade. RIP ole Crimson Twilight. RIP Rush of Agony. RIP Azureblight. RIP: next complain post from a zergling...
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because baiting is against the ToS.
    PCNA
  • JiubLeRepenti
    JiubLeRepenti
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then maybe ZOS should revise or at least clarify the ToS and the way it's using it.

I personally think ballgroups are a far bigger, toxic and annoying bait than teabag.

But no sanction seems to be taken against those who do it.
    Edited by JiubLeRepenti on September 27, 2024 4:57PM
    BE/FR l PC EU l CP2400
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth in addition to some off-topic posts from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrazyKitty wrote: »

But first you must set up a youtube or twitch account. Then you have to install software for taking screenshots and video. Then you have to run that software the entire time you are playing the game in hopes of catching the offender harrassing you AT LEAST 3 times. Then post those videos along with the screenshot of you telling them not to harrass you to your account and send the links to those videos to ZOS as part of your report. Otherwise all you'll ever get is a series of automated responses and no customer service agent will ever even see your reports.

I forget how hard it is for PC players to give video. I just click share after it happens and have a video ready to go. I don't report teabagging or anything. But I have submitted reports about like gold sellers or whatever.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 27, 2024 5:03PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then maybe ZOS should revise or at least clarify the ToS and the way it's using it.

I personally think ballgroups are a far bigger, toxic and annoying bait than teabag.

But no sanction seems to be taken against those who do it.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

But I agree that they should clarify this in the ToS. Allow it all the time or not at all.
    PCNA
  • Julia_Nix
    Julia_Nix
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine getting offended from teabagging
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teabagging is done to taunt. That is the only reason for it. And that is against the ToS.

And if we were to write out a definition of what teabagging is, it would get snipped because it is explicit.

Just stop doing it. There is nothing beneficial that can come from it, so just stop.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teabagging is also done to banter with friendly rivals. It's essentially just sports trash talking. Some will like it. Others will hate it. ZOS says it's okay but you have to stop if you're asked. Basically, same rule as mudballs.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 27, 2024 7:35PM
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teabagging is done to taunt. That is the only reason for it. And that is against the ToS.

And if we were to write out a definition of what teabagging is, it would get snipped because it is explicit.

Just stop doing it. There is nothing beneficial that can come from it, so just stop.

teabagging in this game isnt half as bad as cod or halo, people are reading way too far into it.

in cores, if someone causes a wipe we bag and laugh about it, my friend dies to something dumb, we bag them and laugh about it, someone fail ganks me in pvp, bag them and laugh about it.

people take offense to absolutely everything now-a-days so no matter what happens in a game someone IS going to get offended, personally i block these people out and dont engage with them.
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teabagging is also done to banter with friendly rivals. It's essentially just sports trash talking. Some will like it. Others will hate it. ZOS says it's okay but you have to stop if you're asked. Basically, same rule as mudballs.

THIS!!!

(i dislike people who get offended by friendly banter)
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter if it's worse in other games. What matters is if it's against the ToS here, and explicit acts and taunting are.

The most logical think to do is to just stop. Why is there such resistance to that?
    PCNA
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about if I kill someone as a werewolf and then eat them, will that get me banned next?

BTH this doesn't bother me. Neither do Necro's using my corpse. Both I find a little creepy, but it's not personal. Tee-bagging is personal. It's an act meant to humiliate, demean and dehumanize. To me at least they are really not the same at all.
    Edited by MidniteOwl1913 on September 27, 2024 7:50PM
    PS5/NA
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or you could stop telling people how to play and conduct themselves on a game? why bother trying to dictate how people play on a game that's meant to be an escape? i don't understand the burning passion some people have to ruin things for others just because the pixels did a thing they don't like -.-

i dont know a single person that would teabag a random person just for the sake of it, its all banter!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xandreia_ wrote: »

THIS!!!

(i dislike people who get offended by friendly banter)

I think it's only friendly if you can respect whether someone enjoys it or not, personally. Banter takes two.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not telling anyone how to play... It may be considered harassment and is reportable.

There is nothing beneficial that comes with teabagging and if players insist on continuing a behavior that they know is reportable, that is their choice. But they need to realize that there may be consequences for it.
    Edited by SilverBride on September 27, 2024 7:59PM
    PCNA
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only way to stop teabagging is for the developers to get rid of crouching. That means getting rid of stealth.

I honestly don't understand why people get so offensive over teabagging. I will probably never truly understand it. I'm an old-school gamer... I've developed a thick skin over the years. I was also bullied in RL school so this pretty much helped me to develop my thick skin so maybe that is it?

When people teabag me in Cyrodill... I don't easily get offended... although I do keep track of who's giving me bags because Revenge Bags is right around the corner ;). there's nothing sexual about teabagging since our characters have clothes on.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter if it's worse in other games. What matters is if it's against the ToS here, and explicit acts and taunting are.

The most logical think to do is to just stop. Why is there such resistance to that?

ZOS has flat out said that it is not automatically against the TOS. It depends on the situation and context.
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »

The only way to stop teabagging is for the developers to get rid of crouching. That means getting rid of stealth.

I honestly don't understand why people get so offensive over teabagging. I will probably never truly understand it. I'm an old-school gamer... I've developed a thick skin over the years. I was also bullied in RL school so this pretty much helped me to develop my thick skin so maybe that is it?

When people teabag me in Cyrodill... I don't easily get offended... although I do keep track of who's giving me bags because Revenge Bags is right around the corner ;). there's nothing sexual about teabagging since our characters have clothes on.

those old cod lobbies shaped my ability to not give a [snip].... lol

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 30, 2024 4:20PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »

When someone crouches to go into stealth mode, they crouch once... not repeatedly over the top of another player's head.
    PCNA
This discussion has been closed.