Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Azureblight nerf needed

• Antrox41
    Antrox41
    ✭✭
    I find it funny how people think you can just heal through this set.

You can't, its not possible. When you have 4, 8 or 12 man groups spamming acid spray at your group and constantly spamming dots ticking the burst practically every second (because the stacking mechanic is just not even a thing at the point). No amount of healing will ever be able to heal through that. I've seen ticks in 120k range, each burst on you can range anywhere from 10-25k damage and thats pretty much every other second (assuming you are not clumped up). So for anyone saying you can out heal this set please enlighten me with your cosmic wisdom.

But ok, "What about not stacking?"
    Nope, not even possible either. You try having 5-8 people spamming dots on you procing it constantly you will still be taking unheard of amounts of damage, plus lets not even begin to get into the positioning because if your group is spread apart HoTs does jack.

And lastly, no blocking does nothing but instantly drain your resources from 2 procs.

I will end it with saying that; yes this set IS broken and most certainly abused. Is it a counter to ball groups? Yes sure it is. Does that make this ok and balanced? No it does not, it allows for people to turn their brains off and spam acid spray on groups. They are rewarded for basically doing nothing. The cross stacking is absolutely disgusting, and should not even be a thing on this set, thats poor balance and having something like that you cannot even counter is just not ok. This set is far worse then when Plaguebreak was introduced imo.
    Edited by Antrox41 on August 28, 2024 12:57AM
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Antrox41 wrote: »
    I find it funny how people think you can just heal through this set. You can't, its not possible.
    Good. Kill or be killed. Stop playing so passively and you're fine. Use positioning or win the race.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • kookie
    kookie
    ✭✭
    I find it funny how people think you can just heal through this set. You can't, its not possible.
    Good. Kill or be killed. Stop playing so passively and you're fine. Use positioning or win the race.

Yeah, the best we do against blight abusers is to kill them as fast as possible, repeatedly, until they go away. But that doesn't stop three different groups and solos stacking it up at the same time then pulling you just as you're about to pop. GG's.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine that, one small ball group taking on a bigger ball group. Instead of just having a 12 man stomping pugs with broken RoA/fear/ulti dump again and again and again.

What has the game come to?
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, Warlord
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Centurion
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Major_Mangle
    Major_Mangle
    ✭✭✭
    I find it funny how people think you can just heal through this set.

You can't, its not possible. When you have 4, 8 or 12 man groups spamming acid spray at your group and constantly spamming dots ticking the burst practically every second (because the stacking mechanic is just not even a thing at the point). No amount of healing will ever be able to heal through that. I've seen ticks in 120k range, each burst on you can range anywhere from 10-25k damage and thats pretty much every other second (assuming you are not clumped up). So for anyone saying you can out heal this set please enlighten me with your cosmic wisdom.

But ok, "What about not stacking?"
    Nope, not even possible either. You try having 5-8 people spamming dots on you procing it constantly you will still be taking unheard of amounts of damage, plus lets not even begin to get into the positioning because if your group is spread apart HoTs does jack.

And lastly, no blocking does nothing but instantly drain your resources from 2 procs.

I will end it with saying that; yes this set IS broken and most certainly abused. Is it a counter to ball groups? Yes sure it is. Does that make this ok and balanced? No it does not, it allows for people to turn their brains off and spam acid spray on groups. They are rewarded for basically doing nothing. The cross stacking is absolutely disgusting, and should not even be a thing on this set, thats poor balance and having something like that you cannot even counter is just not ok. This set is far worse then when Plaguebreak was introduced imo.

If people are so close that you get hit by their acid spray they´re close enough to quickly be taken care of by a semi decent optimized group.
    Ps4 EU 2016-2020
    PC/EU: 2020 -
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ball groups:
    "The fun is fighting other organized groups or vastly outnumbered requiring a great deal of skill and coordination. Not just stack HOTs"

*gets hit with coordinated Azureblight and actually die

"OMG! We're not able to just heal through this or purge it! Nerf it now!"
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on August 28, 2024 4:59PM
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive and please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Xanttious wrote: »
    This post is regarding the Azureblight set and why it should be nerfed for PvP
    This set has been out for a while now since Zos has changed how the set works, and it’s getting worse every day. For the sake of not having this post taken down I won't mention any names or alliances in which this takes place. This set is, in my opinion, being exploited in a way ZOS didn't intend for it to work.

I have run a PvP guild now for over 4 years on the Gray host server. The majority of the groups I lead are just casual (“pick-up” / “Non-comp”) groups with guild members and a weekly scheduled; Ball Group (“comped”) for a couple hours. This post stems from running both types of groups. It is not only my groups but other groups across all factions experiencing this as well.

When this set was first revamped you would see it out in cryo in small-man groups or on solo players which isn't the issue, this set allowed solo or small-mans to be competitive in the zergs atmosphere that is the majority of Cyrodill play; and helps those individuals be able to contribute to the task at hand (taking keeps/defending).

However, as time has gone by this set has been introduced into the 12 man group where anywhere from 4-7 people are running it in the same group. This damage cannot be mitigated or avoided since all they have to do is stack their AOE(most the time from a distance). There is no amount of shielding or healing that combats this set and as a group going against it there is nothing you can do about it other than step away from your group in hopes u don't proc it onto others. In my opinion, these conditions are leading to the exploitation of this set.

This set cannot be purged, and when you have 4-7 people casting it on a group of players, either casual or ball, that group just stands no chance. It’s taking away all enjoyable grouped play. Even in my casual groups I like when members stay around crown and with this set out there this isn't possible. It defeats the purpose of grouping up going against groups running 4-7 of these sets.

Not to mention a lot of the time the groups that are doing this run with the rest of the faction (zerg) so it’s not like you can pick or target these players down first. Some will argue that it’s the counter for the "ball groups" and that is why it won't be nerfed but this is not the case as it is influencing anyone in a group.

Alot of people hate on "ball" groups yet they don't understand the time and commitment members of these group take to put these comps together. It’s ALOT more than just stacking heals. Its ALOT of trial and error. Ball groups are only as strong as their weakest member, It takes one person in group not knowing what they are doing to screw over the whole group over. Nevertheless "Ball" groups are easy to counter when you have the experience to do so, especially without this set.

I want to reiterate that this is affecting both casual and ball groups in Cyrodiil as a whole.

We as ESO players have seen nerfs to Vicious Death, Plaguebreak, Dark Convergence, Rush of Agony, and Tarnished because they are all where over preforming, performing in a way the ruined gameplay, just as this set currently is doing. It’s to the point where a player’s skill doesn't matter anymore going against this set; and to the point where it’s pointless to even start groups up when you know these groups running 4-7 of this set are out there. You’re better off running solo. In a game that is meant for group play these are sad times.

You are definitely not better running around solo except by solo you mean solo zerg surfer or grouped player in solo-playable build because as soon as you see an enemy group and they see you it is already to late to avoid fight/death as they will attack you on sight and not stop chasing until you are dead. And only because group play is possible in ESO it should not mean that everyone playing solo has worse game experience.
    If your group is a non-comp pick-up group than you should be able to spread and not stand with whole group in the same AOE Dot(sticky(cleave) or ground) and therefore be less effected by azureblight but if you need to stick together to share multitarget hots, setboni and other buffs you are at least partial a compgroup and deserve to get countered by azureblight

Maybe the 4-7 man groups using azureblight are asozial zerglings trying to remove the last counter to ballgroups after they destroyed all others but maybe they are also players punishing ballgroups for farming players.
    However 4-7 man wearing azureblight are also an organized group and almost as inaccessible as a ballgroup as they also require 4-7 players farming group builds, using azureblight effectively should not require 4-7 people. The 0.5 second cooldown should be removed especially if it is per player, in return the stackability of azureblight of multiple players could be reduced/removed.

Sure azureblight also can be used on solo players but with only 1 hit it will be much weaker than other proc sets used against proc sets and especially much weaker than azureblight aoe from 12 players increased by 180% each. As a solo player I cant remember ever beeing killed by azureblight.

• xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iriidius wrote: »
    Sure azureblight also can be used on solo players but with only 1 hit it will be much weaker than other proc sets used against proc sets and especially much weaker than azureblight aoe from 12 players increased by 180% each. As a solo player I cant remember ever beeing killed by azureblight.
    It's completely worthless for focusing a single target, there's no way I should've been able to run from 12 organized from BRK all the way to the river. If they had used the normal RoA cc spam strat I'd have been dead instantly.
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    JakaWild wrote: »
    You say it makes it hard on casual/pug groups but they aren't stacking in a ball like comp groups do.azureblight is effective against one thing.stacking.

If your having problems with other ballgroups using it just start using it in your comp groups.This set is useless in every other scenario.

aka... drink the Kool Aide. Nah.
  • TDVM
    TDVM
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's nothing wrong with this set. It's not sets that need changing, it's the balance
  • ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of things wrong with the set, it does too much damage, even to smaller groups of people. Nerf 100% needed.
  • Aggrovious
    Aggrovious
    ✭✭✭
    Just nerf everything because you die to it. Hardened Ward will continue to laugh at you though
    If you are asking for another PVP nerf, ask yourself if you are comfortable making hasty decisions that affect PVE way more, while having little effect on PVP.
    RIP Vampires. RIP Plaguebreak. RIP Necromancer's Harmony.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This game is a meme because there are such huge swings in health that in order to kill someone, you need to do it in a combo, and the second it is done in a combo, everyone screams (rightfully so) that they are killed with no chance to react. People do need to die, but also need a chance to react. Need something to give on both ends here
  • Antrox41
    Antrox41
    ✭✭
    This game is a meme because there are such huge swings in health that in order to kill someone, you need to do it in a combo, and the second it is done in a combo, everyone screams (rightfully so) that they are killed with no chance to react. People do need to die, but also need a chance to react. Need something to give on both ends here

Blight has no counterplay, most groups you have to just sit there and tank it, or risk wiping while focusing down the people spamming it. The balancing issue is it shouldnt be stacking on one person from multiple different people, thats just stupid. It should only stack from the sourced caster.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah let's make another set that is effective in niche uses irrelevant, and then complain about all the useless sets in the game.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BahometZ wrote: »
    Yeah let's make another set that is effective in niche uses irrelevant, and then complain about all the useless sets in the game.

"Niche uses" aka fighting literally anyone more than 3 people.

It's literally only bad in duels and boss fights.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on September 17, 2024 4:35AM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Blight has no counterplay, most groups you have to just sit there and tank it, or risk wiping while focusing down the people spamming it. The balancing issue is it shouldnt be stacking on one person from multiple different people, thats just stupid. It should only stack from the sourced caster.

Gtoup I run with literally watches for it and spreads out. We kind of know which mass of people tend to use it and generally manage.

Still, the point is still there. This can be a 100-0 in an instant thing, but there's also a lot of 0-100 things. There needs to be a look at both sides
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on September 17, 2024 10:37AM
  • Aggrovious
    Aggrovious
    ✭✭✭
    If another set gets nerfed because of pvp I swear ZOS...
    If you are asking for another PVP nerf, ask yourself if you are comfortable making hasty decisions that affect PVE way more, while having little effect on PVP.
    RIP Vampires. RIP Plaguebreak. RIP Necromancer's Harmony.
  • sunandstars77
    sunandstars77
    ✭✭✭
    HAHA! Imagine my shock that folks that run these ball groups crying that they are being killed.

Dispite them being immune to mass CC and Ulti bombs and massive amouts of Siege.Spoiling it for the majority that love PvP in Cryodiil dispite the numerous bugs that still are not fixed after 7+ years (combat bug)

Here's my advise. Improve your manners in Cryodiil and play with a build for pvp. And not one that spams one or two skills over and over again.

Who knows you might have more fun that you think and believe you are now. Who knows if things improve maybe more people will start to PvP again. Which is somthing we all want which ever faction you play.
  • Xanttious
    Xanttious
    ✭✭✭

Here's my advise. Improve your manners in Cryodiil and play with a build for pvp. And not one that spams one or two skills over and over again.

You do realize you just described the blight set to a T with that, not ball groups right??
    Guild Leader of Xan's Army (DC-Grayhost)
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once upon a time, the ball groups said "get organized, zerglings."

And so they did, arming themselves with the very tool designed to fight ball groups.

"Noooo! Not like that! So unfair!"
  • Antrox41
    Antrox41
    ✭✭

And so they did, arming themselves with the very tool designed to fight ball groups.

Wow its like you ignored everyone elses take just to bait again.
    Edited by Antrox41 on September 18, 2024 9:33PM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wow its like you ignored everyone elses take just to bait again.

The 2nd quote there didn't really say anything. You don't have to "just sit there amd tank ir" and tge counter play is spread out. Debuff trackers I have clearly show the stack count.