Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Azureblight nerf needed

• Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more sets like Azureblight introduced to help combat a real big blight in PvP.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arcanasx wrote: »
    We need more sets like Azureblight introduced to help combat a real big blight in PvP.
    Indeed, there would be no need to nerf ball groups if randoms had better tools to fight against them. They should buff the obsolete unused siege engines to actually work against stacked groups as well as Azure.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    Tcholl wrote: »
    The lag issue with azureblight is real.

The lag issue with ballgroups is real. Azureblight is the only real counter to ballgroups.
    Fix ballgroups, only then adjust Azureblight, in that order. Anything else is game destroying.

You can't "fix" ball groups. All you people complain about the heal stacking and even if they removed that ball groups will still be a thing. The thing that makes "ball groups" so good is their attention to detail. The sets, the comps, the positioning, the DMG output falling within 1-2 seconds on a very specific dmg point, solos or pugs aren't going to be able to counter it.

Honestly, if they take heal stacking away you all would be worse off (think about all the heals from randos you have on you that you have no idea about).

It shows that you don't know how much passive HoTs pugs stack. No, it's not nearly the same amount as balls do.
    HoT stacks, shield stacks, AoE movement speed buffs & snow threader is what is keeping you alive.
    Take that away, and you can start to brag about attention to detail if you still succeed.

I do not wear snow treaders. I know everyone things all ball groups do but most of them don't.

It's all the pugs streaking through us 24/7 that puts us on CC cool down.
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arcanasx wrote: »

They have. How many sets have they introduced that were "ball group killers"? Every single one gets used by ball groups now. Again, you're not going to counter an optimized group that literally dumps tens if not hundreds of hours into a group comp looking at logs and theory crafting.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of what comps are currently running Snow Treaders, completely turning off counterplay like that is bad for the game, it's not like ball groups absolutely need Treaders for their strat to be powerful. Rid PvP of them.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless of what comps are currently running Snow Treaders, completely turning off counterplay like that is bad for the game, it's not like ball groups absolutely need Treaders for their strat to be powerful. Rid PvP of them.

I really disagree with points like this, (don't want to derail this thread though cause it's a different set). In general I like sets that give some unique gameplay element.

One can argue that the punishment of snow treaders perhaps isn't severe enough, for example if you could sprint but not be effected by other speed increases (i.e. no major/minor expedition or celerity from CP) it would actually be a better balance imo.

It's similar to the nerfing of Cryptcannon (with interactions like corrosive) and Elf bane. They were both unique gameplay styles and people 'give up' things to wear them which imo is a good thing, It makes variety in combat not just all one build.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on August 6, 2024 4:44PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One can argue that the punishment of snow treaders perhaps isn't severe enough, for example if you could sprint but not be effected by other speed increases (i.e. no major/minor expedition or celerity from CP) it would actually be a better balance

They were both unique gameplay styles and people 'give up' things to wear them which imo is a good thing, It makes variety in combat not just all one build.It makes variety in combat not just all one build.
    I can agree with that. So to Azure, it does have a significant tradeoff going all in on sets and bars, and offers a unique build archetype and playstyle, so I would say this also adds to the argument for preserving Azure as is in PvP.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One can argue that the punishment of snow treaders perhaps isn't severe enough, for example if you could sprint but not be effected by other speed increases (i.e. no major/minor expedition or celerity from CP) it would actually be a better balance

They were both unique gameplay styles and people 'give up' things to wear them which imo is a good thing, It makes variety in combat not just all one build.It makes variety in combat not just all one build.
    I can agree with that. So to Azure, it does have a significant tradeoff going all in on sets and bars, and offers a unique build archetype and playstyle, so I would say this also adds to the argument for preserving Azure as is in PvP.

I agree, the only thing I think should be adjusted is the proc stacking issue when you have multiple people using it.
    @Solar_Breeze
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The lag issue with ballgroups is real. Azureblight is the only real counter to ballgroups.
    Fix ballgroups, only then adjust Azureblight, in that order. Anything else is game destroying.

You can't "fix" ball groups. All you people complain about the heal stacking and even if they removed that ball groups will still be a thing. The thing that makes "ball groups" so good is their attention to detail. The sets, the comps, the positioning, the DMG output falling within 1-2 seconds on a very specific dmg point, solos or pugs aren't going to be able to counter it.

Honestly, if they take heal stacking away you all would be worse off (think about all the heals from randos you have on you that you have no idea about).

It shows that you don't know how much passive HoTs pugs stack. No, it's not nearly the same amount as balls do.
    HoT stacks, shield stacks, AoE movement speed buffs & snow threader is what is keeping you alive.
    Take that away, and you can start to brag about attention to detail if you still succeed.

The only people who defend HOT stacking are people who play with the ballgroups that.... make significant use of it TBH.
    The idea that anyone running outside a ballgroup is EVER running with 12 constant Echoing Vigor giving them a full health bar's worth of healing every tick (hyperbole but its still a ton) is laughably absurd.
    This is like the one single change that would have the intended disproportionate effect on ballgroups. Sure, they could switch to different heals, but there isn't anything else like Vigor that you can slap on every player in your group regardless of role and get a massive HOT with minimal engagement.

Azureblight is very much the only real counter to this (imo abusive) play style right now. Calling for nerfs without doing anything about the actual problem that it's currently the only thing addressing really reads like people not happy that there is finally a counter to their borderline exploitation of game mechanics.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on August 6, 2024 6:36PM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh cool. A thread calling for the destruction of a set that has utility in PVE because it works as intended in PVP.

Azureblight is an effective counter to ball groups. You know, that thing PVPers also complain about.
  • slokes
    slokes
    Soul Shriven
    TLDR recap:
    "This set cannot be purged, and when you have 4-7 people casting it on a group of players, either casual or ball, that group just stands no chance."
    -False. It can be purged.

"I tell my ball group all the time this when it comes to comp, and i'm going to name drop a guild here but the intent is to prove a point. What i always tell them is this. "We could run Drac's exact comp, skill for skill, cp for cp, set for set. This doesn't make us Drac. Drac was effective the way they were casue they were 12 HIGHLY skilled players."

"I've put more hours into leading groups then 99% of the people that play in cryo."

-So you've spent hundreds of hours copying a 3 year old build and now you're upset it's not working out for you?

"The thing that makes "ball groups" so good is their attention to detail. The sets, the comps, the positioning, the DMG output falling within 1-2 seconds on a very specific dmg point, solos or pugs aren't going to be able to counter it."

-One detail that seems to lose their attention is needing to not stack on top of each other. Risk v reward. A standard mechanic throughout ESO both PvE and PvP.

"Also as i've said before ball groups are pretty easy to kill if you know how. Negates, pulls, fears, and siege. Keeping pressure on them so they don't have time for their resources to generate."

-You're going to tell everyone the only way they are allowed to beat you?

"Again, you're not going to counter an optimized group that literally dumps tens if not hundreds of hours into a group comp looking at logs and theory crafting."

-The hundreds of hours stealing a strat from a 3 year dead guild? The sheer arrogance of this statement ruins your point. Everything has a counter. Stack or spread. Risk v Reward.

• Hodgkin
    Hodgkin
    Ultimately there's no real nerf to be had. On an individual level, the set is garbage - It's useless in solo cyrodiil play, all PvE (dungeons, trials, etc) content, etc. It's only relatively effective if it's utilized in a group against several targets, and thats only if it's is being used by a group organized and skilled enough to even execute that.

To argue that it needs to be nerfed means that you've actually used to that extent. Personally, I've only ever died to Blight once, but feel free to shoot me a DM and I can give you some free lessons though. ;)
    Edited by Hodgkin on August 6, 2024 11:28PM
  • Major_Toughness
    Major_Toughness
    ✭✭✭✭
    A nerf is not required whatsoever, and is the only counter to ball groups. Even then, only if ran by another group with builds wholly designed to use azureblight against other groups.
    PC EU > You
  • Xanttious
    Xanttious
    ✭✭✭
    slokes wrote: »
    TLDR recap:
    "This set cannot be purged, and when you have 4-7 people casting it on a group of players, either casual or ball, that group just stands no chance."

"I tell my ball group all the time this when it comes to comp, and i'm going to name drop a guild here but the intent is to prove a point. What i always tell them is this. "We could run Drac's exact comp, skill for skill, cp for cp, set for set. This doesn't make us Drac. Drac was effective the way they were casue they were 12 HIGHLY skilled players."

"I've put more hours into leading groups then 99% of the people that play in cryo."

-So you've spent hundreds of hours copying a 3 year old build and now you're upset it's not working out for you?

"The thing that makes "ball groups" so good is their attention to detail. The sets, the comps, the positioning, the DMG output falling within 1-2 seconds on a very specific dmg point, solos or pugs aren't going to be able to counter it."

-One detail that seems to lose their attention is needing to not stack on top of each other. Risk v reward. A standard mechanic throughout ESO both PvE and PvP.

"Also as i've said before ball groups are pretty easy to kill if you know how. Negates, pulls, fears, and siege. Keeping pressure on them so they don't have time for their resources to generate."

"Again, you're not going to counter an optimized group that literally dumps tens if not hundreds of hours into a group comp looking at logs and theory crafting."

-The hundreds of hours stealing a strat from a 3 year dead guild? The sheer arrogance of this statement ruins your point. Everything has a counter. Stack or spread. Risk v Reward.
    I was going to keep quite but...

It kinda seams your just coming after me on this one, since you have taken alot of my quotes and tired to turn them around on me. I never once have said i've tried to copy dracs builds. It was a example, but i'm guessing that went over your head.

Kinda like saying it can be purged, which it cannot be. The stacks will stay on you if you purge, all the purging does is take away the Dot damage from xyz player, not the stacks.

But hey like i've said once it becomes more main stream you will all see the damage it will be doing to cryo.
    Edited by Xanttious on August 7, 2024 4:20AM
    Guild Leader of Xan's Army (DC-Grayhost)
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xanttious wrote: »
    slokes wrote: »
    TLDR recap:

I was going to keep quite but...

It kinda seams your just coming after me on this one, since you have taken alot of my quotes and tired to turn them around on me. I never once have said i've tried to copy dracs builds. It was a example, but i'm guessing that went over your head.

Kinda like saying it can be purged, which it cannot be. The stacks will stay on you if you purge, all the purging does is take away the Dot damage from xyz player, not the stacks.

But hey like i've said once it becomes more main stream you will all see the damage it will be doing to cryo.

I wouldn't take it personally it's more likely because you mentioned Drac and a certain group of players still have a fairly large obsession. Despite not playing for 3 years as the poster mentioned. So much so that they even apparently now impersonated my char on AD side tonight spamming Azure on people. Sad really :)
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on August 7, 2024 6:02AM
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once the set becomes "more main stream"? Just like how ball groups, that used to be super niche, have become main stream (to the point of becoming the meta) as more players have learnt that there is zero real counter-play to that broken playstyle outside of playing it themselves and now as a result, cyro is basically dead outside of the stubborn few random groups/solo players that still can be bothered to stay on when a ball group logs on.

I hope the set does become main stream. There should be more sets like it that heavily punishes stacking up so tightly and abusing the ability to stack so many buffs/effects/HoTs, especially if the ability to stack so many buffs/heals is not going to be addressed.

There's plenty of examples of this working in other games.
    Take for example in Dota2, there are heroes like Earthshaker, Enigma, Magnus, etc. that heavily punish enemy teams that stack up super tight with massive scaling AoE burst damage and/or long, unbreakable/immunity piercing CC effects.
    You know what keeps these heroes balanced? When the enemies spread out more and play around such niche but high impact abilities, those abilities become worse than a regular ability as their damage basically vanishes or the CC is only on 1 or 2 targets and not the entire team allowing the rest of the team to fight back.

It's the same with Azure, you don't have to spread out to the point of being unable to help each other, but maybe stop being within 2m of crown and the set becomes a non-issue, don't even need to sacrifice a set or bar slot to achieve this too.

The ball group playstyle is such a massive issue in ESO PvP right now, to the point that the groups of randoms don't even bother to defend a keep from a ball group if they know its a ball group taking that keep.
    Ball groups are the number 1 thing being complained about in the in game zone/guild chat (and even the forums). They're more complained about than even sorc + NB combined. That is how problematic that playstyle is right now in ESO, so anything found that can work against it, needs to be kept strong if that playstyle is not going to be brought back inline via proper nerfs to the mechanics that are being abused by that playstyle.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The other day in AD zone we were talking about how one Azure player doesn't really do anything, you need multiples at least sorta coordinating, and zone randoms actually seemed excited about the idea of getting more randoms to run Azure. So no, it's doing the opposite, it's getting randoms interested to fight ball groups, rather than the despair of having no viable counterplay to the ball strat (bringing 5x their numbers and spamming isn't counterplay).
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once again thats great for a comped group that has sorcs in. Like i have said its effects not just ball groups, it effects normal (casual) groups too. I should have left ball groups out of this on my original post since that to what everyone on here is focusing on, and you all are missing the bigger picture.

Well the really big picture is that we still have stacked healing. That is what needs to go or get nerfed hard but they won't touch it.

Get rid of stacked healing then deal with Azureblight.
    Edited by Holycannoli on August 7, 2024 5:08PM
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is an example of a Ball Group ruining a keep defense / takeover.

This was during MYM on like Saturday I think? Black Reach.

AD was pushing Ash, DC was holding them at the outer breach, they hadn't yet opened up a 2nd breach (usually the counter to a strong breach defense).

An EP ball group pushed in through the heavily defended breach (unfazed).

They started wiping the siege defense as DC tried to deal with them (as they had been with the few players that had been making it through the breach). But of course they were untouchable by the ~40-50 DC inside the keep.

DC moved to the inner keep and setup siege as the ~50-60 AD pushed into the outer keep (as EP Ball wiped the counter siege).

Counter siege continued until the door was breached and the EP ball group pushed into the keep.

The scenario was DC controlled the Top of the Keep, AD controlled the front flag, and EP / DC fought over the back flag.

This scenario continued for about 45 minutes.
    600 DC kills, about 250 each for EP and AD.

The ball group survived the entire time. Through negates, through group bomb attempts through oil siege, everything. It was 10 EP versus probably 50 DC and 80 AD by the end the battle and the EP ball couldn't be touched. (Granted DC and AD were also killing each other.) AD eventually overwhelmed the keep with numbers and took it.

10 players running a broken group comp completely ruined that fight.

Mind you the game was also unplayable. We likely had 60% of the Pop locked server at Ash.

Definitely left a sour taste, so I will certainly be grinding for Azureblight and have myself and buddies literally hunt ball groups with this setup.
    Edited by Jsmalls on August 7, 2024 1:29PM
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    Here is an example of a Ball Group ruining a keep defense / takeover.
    This was during MYM on like Saturday I think? Black Reach.

AD was pushing Ash, DC was holding them at the outer breach, they hadn't yet opened up a 2nd breach (usually the counter to a strong breach defense).

An EP ball group pushed in through the heavily defended breach (unfazed).

They started wiping the siege defense as DC tried to deal with them (as they had been with the few players that had been making it through the breach). But of course they were untouchable by the ~40-50 DC inside the keep.

DC moved to the inner keep and setup siege as the ~50-60 AD pushed into the outer keep (as EP Ball wiped the counter siege).

Counter siege continued until the door was breached and the EP ball group pushed into the keep.

The scenario was DC controlled the Top of the Keep, AD controlled the front flag, and EP / DC fought over the back flag.

This scenario continued for about 45 minutes.
    600 DC kills, about 250 each for EP and AD.

The ball group survived the entire time. Through negates, through group bomb attempts through oil siege, everything. It was 10 EP versus probably 50 DC and 80 AD by the end the battle and the EP ball couldn't be touched. (Granted DC and AD were also killing each other.) AD eventually overwhelmed the keep with numbers and took it.

10 players running a broken group comp completely ruined that fight.

Mind you the game was also unplayable. We likely had 60% of the Pop locked server at Ash.
    Definitely left a sour taste, so I will certainly be grinding for Azureblight and have myself and buddies literally hunt ball groups with this setup.

It gets worse when there's multiple ball groups online too.

last Sunday (or Monday) there was an AD ball group and an EP ball group online at the same time. Neither ball fought each other (contrary to what ball group members claim), but they sure as hell were intent on farming DC zergs as much as possible.

Map literally went from decently balanced, fun, back and forth PvP (slightly in favor for DC who controlled chal/nikel), to DC barely holding their triangle keeps within an hour (most of that hour was the AD ball farming DC at blk for 45 minutes with the same results you described, the AD ball completely immortal to everything being thrown at them including sieges, group bombs, negates, I swear I even saw a kitchen sink in there too at some stage while blowing up any DC that couldn't get out of the way in time).
    That same ad ball then proceeded to hold the entire DC faction at glade for over an hour, on their own, after which, they eventually jumped out (I assume after they had reached their quota of AP for the night) because they certainly didn't die (or even get close to it) that entire time...

12 players, completely immune to everything an entire faction stack + triangle keeps worth of NPC guards could throw at them, yet people still defend this playstyle and want its extremely niche and limited counters nerfed.
  • Tcholl
    Tcholl
    ✭✭✭
    The idea that randoms will start to use Azureblighted and suddenly will be able to counter coordinated groups is a pipe dream.

What is actually happening is that a few GROUPS are the ones abusing it and not solos countering ball groups.

Also, I must say that some people just call every group a ball group, which makes me think they just hate people that play together.

Everyone is free to group up, use comms and combine sets. I cannot understand this hate against group play in a MMO, which stands for MASSIVELY multiplayer online.

All mmo rpgs have groups, guilds and factions.

Maybe, some players dream they will 1vX everyone and when they face a group of players they must accept the fact that players die in PvP.

PC NA - Greyhost
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda sounds like Xan's Army has been fighting Dominion Imperial Guard in Grey Host.

There is nothing wrong with maximizing the effectiveness of a set, skill, or other tactic in organized group play. A good raid leader would take in what information they can gleam from a fight and come up with a counter plan and have his raid try and execute it until they are the top performers in a fight.

Then it would be the under performing groups turn to come up with a counter plan.

The counter plan should never be rush to the forums to call for a change to whatever is currently challenging the success of that counter plan. I wish ZOS would stop pandering to these requests sometimes, because there will just be another one after the next perceived challenge and continue until nothing is different.
    (Math before coffee, except after 3, is not for me)
  • Tcholl
    Tcholl
    ✭✭✭
    The Forum is the exact place to share feedback.
    PC NA - Greyhost
  • forum_gpt
    forum_gpt
    ✭✭✭
    Good groups can handle Azureblight with no problem. It just takes coordination and practice.
  • Tcholl
    Tcholl
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's impossible to handle.

My opinion is that a group that counts solely on a set to provide its full damage spamming aoes are boring to say the least. Also, if half group using the same set and only causing damage with its proc is not abusing, I don't know what is.

Another issue is that adds up to the actual ranged meta, which is also boring. On top, creates more lag.

It should have diminished results when many players are using together to prevent over usage in a group.
    PC NA - Greyhost
  • Xanttious
    Xanttious
    ✭✭✭
    take ball groups out of the equation and even many of you said nerf it then. Guess what that means the set is broken if that's your argument. The rate of stacking is the issue.

Just casue everyone expects to hit the EZ button when it comes to killing ball groups. Try this for a change. Leave the keep, don't get farmed,no one is forcing you to be at that keep the ball groups are at.

Yes there are times where they will come backdoor you when your trying to take a keep, that's life, you don't always get what your want or you think you deserve. Chances are if that's keep is already being defended from you (cause if its not, its your own fault for not 20/20 siegin it, since 5 people on a keep can put down 20/20 siege) that ball group is going to get tied up there. Go somewhere else.

Guess what, all these sweaty ball groups that are out there, they don't play the map. They look for the fights. If you leave the keep they will get bored and leave themself.

If they happen to take the keep, retake it when they leave. It takes more then 2 min to move keep form keep in cryo while on horse and chances are they have players that are caught in combat so it takes them even longer sometimes. So at that point it goes back to what i said before that falls on you as a alliance, as a group,for not getting enough siege up. I can't speak for all the alliances, but DC on Grayhost SUCKS at siege, you will have 50 DC at a keep and not even 20/20 siege (with minimal or not counter siege on you) then they will complain about losing the keep to a ball group that showed up 5-10 min after the siege started on the keep.

If its glade for example, let them take it, you still have 2 other keeps protecting your scrolls. They will leave if no one shows up. If they don't let them rot there, casue sitting in a keep all day isn't a fun game play style, and defend warden and rays. or go around Glade and make them fall back to their keeps.

If your playing for score anyway none of it really matters due to night-capping. Which is a bigger problem then any one alliances ball groups.

At the end of the day the way the stacks ramp up is broken and should be address whether or not it helps kill ball groups or not. Since every alliance (on grayhost) has multiple ball groups that run at given time though out the day or week. No one side is at any more of a disadvantage from ball groups then another. Its a play style, its not a set that is determining the outcome of their fights, which is the case we have here.
    Edited by Xanttious on August 8, 2024 4:55PM
    Guild Leader of Xan's Army (DC-Grayhost)
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    take ball groups out of the equation and even many of you said nerf it then. Guess what that means the set is broken if that's your argument. The rate of stacking is the issue.

Just casue everyone expects to hit the EZ button when it comes to killing ball groups. Try this for a change. Leave the keep, don't get farmed,no one is forcing you to be at that keep the ball groups are at.

Yes there are times where they will come backdoor you when your trying to take a keep, that's life, you don't always get what your want or you think you deserve. Chances are if that's keep is already being defended from you (cause if its not, its your own fault for not 20/20 siegin it, since 5 people on a keep can put down 20/20 siege) that ball group is going to get tied up there. Go somewhere else.

Guess what, all these sweaty ball groups that are out there, they don't play the map. They look for the fights. If you leave the keep they will get bored and leave themself.

If they happen to take the keep, retake it when they leave. It takes more then 2 min to move keep form keep in cryo while on horse and chances are they have players that are caught in combat so it takes them even longer sometimes. So at that point it goes back to what i said before that falls on you as a alliance, as a group,for not getting enough siege up. I can't speak for all the alliances, but DC on Grayhost SUCKS at siege, you will have 50 DC at a keep and not even 20/20 siege (with minimal or not counter siege on you) then they will complain about losing the keep to a ball group that showed up 5-10 min after the siege started on the keep.

If its glade for example, let them take it, you still have 2 other keeps protecting your scrolls. They will leave if no one shows up. If they don't let them rot there, casue sitting in a keep all day isn't a fun game play style, and defend warden and rays. or go around Glade and make them fall back to their keeps.

At the end of the day the way the stacks ramp up is broken and should be address whether or not it helps kill ball groups or not. Since every alliance (on grayhost) has multiple ball groups that run at given time though out the day or week. No one side is at any more of a disadvantage from ball groups then another. Its a play style, its not a set that is determining the outcome of their fights, which is the case with here.

What a wild response. "Take ballgroups out of the equation"?! No. They are the equation. The set is fine. It is counter-play to a specific playstyle. Playstyles should have counter-play.
    If ZOS was to adjust the mechanics that underly that playstyle then obviously the set that is providing the counter-play should be adjusted, not because there's anything inherently wrong with that set, but simply because the niche that it was filling has changed. The rate of stacking is completley appropriate considering the absurd rate of healing that the groups it is intended to counter have. You CAN NOT adjust the counter without adjusting the problem. Ballgroups are, in fact, the problem, and you wanting to ignore that doesn't invalidate it. No one who isn't running tightly stacked like a ballgroup has a significant issue with the set.

But nooooo, ballgroups should definitely be able to farm whatever keeps they want whenever they want with the only defense being to just leave. You can't possibly be serious. The whole point of Cyrodiil is to fight over keeps, and when your response is "just leave, let them win" then you are simply defending something that is obviously wrong.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on August 8, 2024 5:08PM
  • Katzenzunge
    Katzenzunge
    ✭✭✭
    So, if "we" don't like something, we just have to leave and play somewhere else, yes?

If OP doesn't like something, it should get nerfed, banned, burned and forgotten forever?

Seems plausible.
  • Tcholl
    Tcholl
    ✭✭✭
    It is not a counter to groups and it has being used by groups. I was playing solo yesterday and my blight counter was raising high because I was being attacked by a GROUP abusing it, which I do not want to name.

I will repeat, the idea that solo players will suddenly wipe groups due to blight or any other 1 key skill/set is a pipe dream. This is not happening out there.

On simple solution is to diminish the results if used inside the same group, which will not affect solo players using it. Rallying Cry has a similar mech, where more people wearing on the same group will lower the buff. As it is, makes it very easy to stack seeds using multiple players using the same set.

I don't understand people complaining that others are sharing their experience in the forum, where you are suposed to come and talk about those issues.

As per go to somewhere else, that is exactly what I had to do to avoid the said group and its caltrops poping blight on the entrance.

PC NA - Greyhost
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only people who defend HOT stacking are people who play with the ballgroups that.... make significant use of it TBH.
    The idea that anyone running outside a ballgroup is EVER running with 12 constant Echoing Vigor giving them a full health bar's worth of healing every tick (hyperbole but its still a ton) is laughably absurd.
    This is like the one single change that would have the intended disproportionate effect on ballgroups. Sure, they could switch to different heals, but there isn't anything else like Vigor that you can slap on every player in your group regardless of role and get a massive HOT with minimal engagement.

Azureblight is very much the only real counter to this (imo abusive) play style right now. Calling for nerfs without doing anything about the actual problem that it's currently the only thing addressing really reads like people not happy that there is finally a counter to their borderline exploitation of game mechanics.

Scribing gets you a big burst heal and hot.