Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.2.0 is available.
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

PTS Update 43 - Feedback Thread for Classes & Abilities

• bladenick
    bladenick
    ✭✭
    I don’t see any good side of this adjustment, it seem only on purpose of make melee NB more difficult, especially for melee stemNB

1. It difficult for a melee StemNB to maintenance major resolve both PVP / PVE, as there no stem skill in shadow skill line, a melee magNB don’t get even better, need cast cloak during melee fight to maintain major resolve
    2. Make it more difficult to located skill in 1st/2nd skill bar, normally Surprise Attack/conceal weapon and Cloak drop in different skill bar, then both bar get shadow skill line passive as 8% health, after this new adjustment, this 8% health only apply for 1 bar, another skill bar don’t get this make this passive useless
    3. Melee NB it difficult for dog fight in melee, surprise attack/conceal weapon triggered major resolve is very good design for Melee NB, as this shift surprise attack to assassin line make Melee NB very awkward in PVP melee fight, it only buff range proc NB which already suppress Melee build, and all class range pro build also great benefits from undeath nerf
  • autocookies
    autocookies
    ✭✭✭
    As a whole I am happy with the changes so far this pts cycle. I only have 2.5 things I am disappointed about.

1) The removal of the ult gen out of combat to necro. I understand that with GLS players would have been able to generate ult too quickly when out of combat and that is an issue.. but why not leave the 20 second and 16 second skills to create corpses? I also feel GLS is a wasted opportunity to provide a buff that healers and tanks could use as well. As a dps I wouldn't even consider using it because its a downgrade from the Blighted Blastbones. Tank or healer I might consider it though if there was a reason.

2) The complete destruction to the wardens offensive scaling self heal... Honestly I would have preferred removal of the stun to losing the heal..

.5) Please don't forget werewolf is still in dire need of tender love and care! :'(

l7kmy84fnwpg.png
    Edited by autocookies on August 2, 2024 5:37PM
    PC NA (Tank/DPS) - [PVE]
    Started ESO - Oct 2020

Necro Main
    Tank main from 300cp - 1200cp at which point I switched to DPS - I am 100k+ on every class except werewolf.

[My toons]
    Note: Armory slots are separated by "|" below.
    • (Libitina Khalida) Dark Elf Necromancer: Vampire Off Tank | Werewolf EC DPS
    • (Fresh Gator Meat) Argonian Dragonknight: Vampire Main Tank | Werewolf ZK DPS
    • (Electro-Meowster) Khajiit Sorcerer: Vampire HA Solo | Werewolf MK DPS
    • (Affah Beta Gamma) Breton Templar: Vampire SPC/PA Healer | Werewolf Mag DPS.
    • (Arctic Mist) Dark Elf Warden: Vampire ROJO Healer | Werewolf Dungeon Tank
    • (autocookies) Imperial Arcanist: Vampire Stam DPS | Werewolf Dungeon Tank
    • (Blood of Death) Dark Elf Nightblade: Vampire EMPTY | Werewolf EMPTY
    • (Aeriegil Forestbranch) Wood Elf Warden: Werewolf PVP | Werewolf EMPTY
    Thank you,
    Autocookies
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vampire Feedback:

1. Please consider moving Undeath into the named buff system so that it no longer stacks with all of the game's other mitigation mechanisms. Then have it progress with Vampire Stage rather than being an all-or-nothing bonus tied to a single stage. Something like: Stage 1 = Minor Resolve; Stage 2 = Major Resolve; Stage 3 = Minor Protection; Stage 4 = Major Protection. In PvP, most players have most of those buffs anyway, so this would not result in additional undesirable tankiness. But it would allow for increased build variation based upon class and equipment, which is, IMO, how it should be.

2. Please consider making Strike From the Shadows proc off of ANY vampire ability. Because right now that passive is basically a Nightblade fief. It would also function as a modest buff to the entire vampire ability line, which, frankly, needs it as few vampire skills see any use whatsoever outside of roleplaying.

3. Please consider allowing Elusive Mist to grant Major Evasion for the entire 20-second duration of the skill rather than for 4 seconds. 4 seconds is not long enough to be useful and this would be a welcome class- and armor-agnostic means of sourcing this precious buff.
  • xStealthfulx
    xStealthfulx
    Soul Shriven
    If you can have a look at some of the scribe healing skills not functioning like other burst/HoT in the game reason being is no matter what direction i look in the heals always go on my teammates vs. myself only time it does work is when im at low hp which i shouldnt be a thing with other heals apply to myself when needed
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can have a look at some of the scribe healing skills not functioning like other burst/HoT in the game reason being is no matter what direction i look in the heals always go on my teammates vs. myself only time it does work is when im at low hp which i shouldnt be a thing with other heals apply to myself when needed

This is the exact reasons I dropped it and went back to class heals
  • exoib
    exoib
    ✭✭✭
    Please make the Arctic blast skill useful, currently it's not usable both in PvE and PvP.
    and...
    Nightblades, aren't they too powerful in PvP with no counter? infinite sustain, purges and stealth? seriously?
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scribing should add possibility to make full hot spell healing or full burst healing ,right now it's just 33%/33%/33%. I can't make abiity that have things i want. Can't improve one thing to be better but still must choose from things i don't care. I know there should be limits to balance things but still. It's not good enough compared to class abilities. Should be possibility to change resource cost with damage type i want. I want bleed damage ability and still i want this ability to be magicka cost not stamina.
  • Admiral_Schneider
    I am sure lot's of stuff was written regarding the Warden changes already, but I'd also like to add my 2 cents and thoughts.

The changes currently implemented in the PTS feel like they are meant as a PVP related change and I don't like how they affect the already weak PVE DD aspect of the warden. I generally like the direction but not how the changes are implemented right now. Since I am mainly a PVE player I will restrict my posting to the PVE environment.

Current State:
    Right now the Warden is generally seen as weak in most of the content since you require lots of cleave for the most raids which were introduced in the last years. From the Changes in Update 41, where status effects were reworked, the Warden DD generally took great profit from it because we can play completely unique Ice Staff Chilled Builds which utilize current mechanics to a point where the ST and AOE DPS is okayish / decent. In casual play I have a lot of situations where I outpaarse Acranists simply because I prepare for the content and get rewarded for it. Ice Staff and Arctic Blast allowed to play just as defensively as other classes are able to whilst doing my part.

State with Update 43:
    Piercing Cold:
    Generally I like the Idea on the direction of how you try to create a flexible passive that allows for offensive and defensive gameplay like you did with other reworks this year. But I also see the weakness mainly in the compromise it tries to do.
    Not rarely I reach the 30k HP gap in raids with my usual warden builds as DD. With the reworked passive I would loose my offensive bonuses in such cases while other classes simply don't. As for the other side of the coin there is content in which I play my Warden Tank with as less HP as possible simply because I get punished for having too much (like CR). Some builds can reach below 30k HP in which case I will loose my defensive bonus granted from the passive.
    What i' don't like in practicular is that it removes the current class identity of the Ice Staff Warden completely since there is no bonus on it anymore. Warden probably will either play DW Daggers or a Bow like each other class as well. That makes me kind of sad because I basicly played the Warden because I have to do something rarely used and different and still can be successful with it. That will be gone then.

Arctic Blast
    I can't wrap my head around the reasoning for this change. Warden has already access to lots of AOE spammables which are frost related. He will loose access to a sure fire self protection that each other class has. Why remove the Heal from Wardens Arctic Blast when Arcanists can keep that busted shield from Pragmatic Fatecarver? I simply can't understand the direction you want to take except some PVP related stuff which will be negative for PVE Warden (again).

Aerie’s Cry – Warden, Animal Companions
    Generally from the view of the current performance there is no reason to implement the set in my current builds. It simply gets outperformed by sets that are easier to access like Aegis Caller or Nirn. The set is focused for ST damage which Warden does not require right now. For it to be usable in a meaningful way either the DPS bonus needs to have more oomph and persist through both bars (as a debuff on the opponent) and/or the eagle simply needs to do more damage. Currently the set would be just another "dead" set with potential which I won't farm because we need to invest lots of hours in the Infinite Archive.
    Tank for passion. Tank for love. Tank for life.
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    State with Update 43:
    Piercing Cold:
    Generally I like the Idea on the direction of how you try to create a flexible passive that allows for offensive and defensive gameplay like you did with other reworks this year. But I also see the weakness mainly in the compromise it tries to do.
    Not rarely I reach the 30k HP gap in raids with my usual warden builds as DD. With the reworked passive I would loose my offensive bonuses in such cases while other classes simply don't. As for the other side of the coin there is content in which I play my Warden Tank with as less HP as possible simply because I get punished for having too much (like CR). Some builds can reach below 30k HP in which case I will loose my defensive bonus granted from the passive.
    What i' don't like in practicular is that it removes the current class identity of the Ice Staff Warden completely since there is no bonus on it anymore. Warden probably will either play DW Daggers or a Bow like each other class as well. That makes me kind of sad because I basicly played the Warden because I have to do something rarely used and different and still can be successful with it. That will be gone then.

Genuine question, how on earth are you at 30k or anything close in raids? Even with bi-stat you shouldn't hit that unless you have HP enchants or heavy pieces or something. As a DPS, none of that should apply.

I do agree with you in regards to Warden tanks, and that's why I fought against people who wanted to raise it to like 40k, which was just absurd.

As I said in another thread, Warden has been down bad for so long that being tied to a garbage weapon to get our main class damage passive was somehow "class identity" to us, which is pitiful tbh. They could leave in a buff to the Frost staff, but it absolutely should not be required to compete. The weapon simply isn't viable or competitive in far too much content.
    Edited by Skjaldbjorn on August 5, 2024 4:57PM
  • MATH_COW
    MATH_COW
    ✭✭✭
    Genuine question, how on earth are you at 30k or anything close in raids? Even with bi-stat you shouldn't hit that unless you have HP enchants or heavy pieces or something. As a DPS, none of that should apply.

Generally I see Warden Oak being close to the 30k HP.
    First the sergent mail give max HP, then the bi-stat food, the CP HP star and maybe a racial passive combined with the minor thoughness. (and maybe even without being Oak + Sergent mail I guess it's still possible to reach it lol)
    I do agree with you in regards to Warden tanks, and that's why I fought against people who wanted to raise it to like 40k, which was just absurd.

40k is in fact too much for the passive, as I always said 35k is the best option.

For PvP it will not allow big HP warden to have access to % damage, which is why they make that change, without asking every DD that were around the 30k & 35k (as this is the must to have in PvP to have a decent survyability) to reduce way more their HP and become more weak to get a weaker damage bonus than before.

For PvE it would not affect DD Oak user who can reach the 30k HP, it would affect a bit Archive build but could still be able to adapt it easier to the 35k HP than if it was 30K HP.

And for PvE Tank that should not be a problem to get the 35.001 HP for the daredevil who goes low HP (even if in fact they were doing without the block damage reduction before so that's not like they really lost anything right? xD)

Edited by MATH_COW on August 6, 2024 12:39AM
    An Imperial Cow Warden | PC-EU
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MATH_COW wrote: »
    Generally I see Warden Oak being close to the 30k HP.
    First the sergent mail give max HP, then the bi-stat food, the CP HP star and maybe a racial passive combined with the minor thoughness. (and maybe even without being Oak + Sergent mail I guess it's still possible to reach it lol)

So what we're really saying is a niche build around a specific mythic is the reason this passive is bad?
  • MATH_COW
    MATH_COW
    ✭✭✭
    So what we're really saying is a niche build around a specific mythic is the reason this passive is bad?

Wait what, where did I said that? Why you answer that to the part where I just wanted to explain how it could be possible to reach 30k HP as a PvE DD? Haven't you read the rest of my post? O_o

All the problem about this passive is the HP limit (even if this is sad to lose 4% in total but well) which I think it should be 35k HP which is imo more correct than 30k HP as I explained on the rest of the post you quoted lol
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MATH_COW wrote: »

Wait what, where did I said that? Why you answer that to the part where I just wanted to explain how it could be possible to reach 30k HP as a PvE DD? Haven't you read the rest of my post? O_o

All the problem about this passive is the HP limit (even if this is sad to lose 4% in total but well) which I think it should be 35k HP which is imo more correct than 30k HP as I explained on the rest of the post you quoted lol

I agree that 35k is fine. I've said that before. As far as PVE DPS, the reality is a niche build with a very specific group of items is fundamentally why this change is "bad", aside from IA tanky builds.
  • MATH_COW
    MATH_COW
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that 35k is fine. I've said that before. As far as PVE DPS, the reality is a niche build with a very specific group of items is fundamentally why this change is "bad", aside from IA tanky builds.

That's a fact that only that niche is not why the passive 30k is bad, I don't say otherwise, but that's an addition to a list of build that can be affected by it as a colateral damage when the main reason of that passive change is to reduce the power of Big HP Warden PvP DD. (again a change only made because of PvP that gonna affect more than PvP, classic)

35k HP would still affect those Big HP Warden PvP DD while affecting way less other build that are not an issues in the game, that would sadly just still affect AI tanky build but with still the possibilty to adapt those build when 30k HP just kill every possibility.

• katemedina666
    katemedina666
    ✭✭
    Yes, it was the fourth week of testing, the developers still didn't give a damn about the opinion of half the players.. You (Wardens) can't have the best of everything in the world (for some reason, Sorcs and NBs have it, oh well). Personally, I don't like Warden's skills with s*icidal animals at all as a concept, and the frost mage was more interesting. Now for me it means that I'll have to abandon another developed character, thanks for wasting my time!
    People, just think that this is a class that is offered to be bought separately, like necro... It's a shame
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piercing Cold: If you have 30,000 or more Max Health, Piercing Cold increases the damage you block by 8% and it grants you 2% damage done. If you have less than 30,000 Max Health, Piercing Cold increases the damage you block by 2% and it grants you 8% damage done.

THIS would be perfect. Even 35K health would be ok if necessary.

Obviously the 6 seconds duration given by the ice damage done requirement would remain in place. I didn't copy that part because it was already ok.
    A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
    B: "Too many words. Words bad. Won't read. ⚔️"
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    About the changes to the necro:
    All the buffs apply to the dps. The necro heal, however, is being nerfed (ult gen). Again, while already bottom tier for a while.
  • Admiral_Schneider
    In my current Trash setup I am pretty damn close for example. If I receive any buff from anywhere I would be over the cap.

cy9dcwqd1gkm.png
    • Yes I have slotted Boundless Vitality, I could drop that but why should I?
    • Yes this is with Bi-Stat food, but it's simply one of the best if I don't need the Reg.
    • Yes my Warden is a Khajit which includes another health buff of 915 hp.
    But it still represents the problem present. It would simply limit me in my present options. Other classes are allowed the same potential to reach around 28/30k so why should ZoS render that possibility a hindrance for Warden?

Edit: Sorry, made a mistake in attribute distribution which leads to a correct value of 27.668 HP

Edit: This change will also render a lot of secret buffs from dungeons or DSR pretty useless.
    As I said in another thread, Warden has been down bad for so long that being tied to a garbage weapon to get our main class damage passive was somehow "class identity" to us, which is pitiful tbh. They could leave in a buff to the Frost staff, but it absolutely should not be required to compete. The weapon simply isn't viable or competitive in far too much content.
    I kind of agree but don't I didn't play the Warden before the 12% damage boost from ice staff and probably will stop playing it after it gets removed. I liked the idea of a niche play style which uses a weapon usually designed for tanking an enables it to deal a decent amount of damage without damaging it's defensive properties. I will ofc try out the Bleed-den again, but I guess it won't keep my attention.

If you look into the Rankinks for Update 41 you actually can find a Paarse-Warden on place 5 at Taleria. But also: Taleria is mainly a single target fight. As long as Warden doesn't receive any attention for AOE damage that also won't bring im anywhere close to the meta. And thats fine for me. I just don't want to get limited by PVP related changes in how I play my current favorite class.

I simply think that the change should not be health related at all. But I also can't present a better approach that making it static for one or the other.
    Edited by Admiral_Schneider on August 8, 2024 1:44PM
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my current Trash setup I am pretty damn close for example. If I receive any buff from anywhere I would be over the cap.

cy9dcwqd1gkm.png
    • Yes I have slotted Boundless Vitality, I could drop that but why should I?
    • Yes this is with Bi-Stat food, but it's simply one of the best if I don't need the Reg
    • Yes my Warden is a Khajit which includes another health buff of 915 hp.
    But it still represents the problem present. It would simply limit me in my present options. Other classes are allowed the same potential to reach around 28/30k so why should ZoS render that possibility a hindrance for Warden?

Edit: This change will also render a lot of secret buffs from dungeons or DSR pretty useless.

Uh...my Warden is an Imperial (2k HP passive). With bi-stat, Imperial passive and Boundless, AND Minor Toughness from netch spam, I am sitting at 28.9k HP. There's something else here you're not stating.
    I kind of agree but don't I didn't play the Warden before the 12% damage boost from ice staff and probably will stop playing it after it gets removed. I liked the idea of a niche play style which uses a weapon usually designed for tanking an enables it to deal a decent amount of damage without damaging it's defensive properties. I will ofc try out the Bleed-den again, but I guess it won't keep my attention.

If you look into the Rankinks for Update 41 you actually can find a Paarse-Warden on place 5 at Taleria. But also: Taleria is mainly a single target fight. As long as Warden doesn't receive any attention for AOE damage that also won't bring im anywhere close to the meta. And thats fine for me. I just don't want to get limited by PVP related changes in how I play my current favorite class.

I simply think that the change should not be health related at all. But I also can't present a better approach that making it static for one or the other.

I actually reviewed that log ages ago. Yes, they did very well on Taleria because, as you said, it is almost exclusively a single target encounter. Now review Reef Guardian. The same Warden was stuck in EC/WM jail because that build is absolute garbage if there's multiple targets. They can't compete and are immediately forced into support jail. That isn't a positive.
  • topsecretagentx
    topsecretagentx
    Soul Shriven
    StShoot wrote: »
    My feedback is please fix the completely underperforming NB in PVE. The numbers are out there and have been posted. There are plenty of graphs, charts, testimonials and the aggregate data from ESO Logs out there on the forums that have validated this already. NB PVE DPS buff is needed badly. They are not competitive in PVE and for those of us who main a NB this alienates us from content. The recent changes to Siphoning Strikes and Shadow Cloak really do not enhance DPS at all since they are both non-DPS skills which have limited application, especially since NB generally does not have sustain issues in PVE.

To the guy above who says NB needs a 10-15% DPS Nerf, they did that last patch, when Major Berserk was removed from the NB toolkit. PVE DPS is weakest in the class spectrum now with still an overly sophisticated rotation and no payout for learning it. Also, zero cleave at all. It has become demoralizing. NB damage is not your problem in PVP. If you are interested in levelling the playing field with NB in PVP, I have your solution right here:

szto3wv12pm3.png

NB should not be punished because players lack the motivation to slot detection potions. I am sure that is 99% of people in here complaining NBs kill them too much and yes I have tested this hypothesis in actual gameplay and found it to be 100% accurate. NBs will go for the easiest perceived kill (like any player, just watch a BatlleGround match). You carry these you are not the easiest anymore.

Give NB a themed Spammable. After the Nerf last patch Concealed is just inferior.

In my opinion only the Arcanist needs a nerf. You now have players mashing 3-4 buttons to exceed the DPS of players who run a calculated 8-10 button rotation. The worst part about this is player arrogance and elevated toxicity. Yes this is a thing, like the OakenSorcs that would run the Wayrest for their gear then run-- through all the enemies-- ahead of entire groups of new players who were trying to learn the game because the OakenSorcs were unkillable in Normal Dungeons. There were actually players who felt superior when they did this and treated their group with contempt.

So, Class Balance is a thing. Please address.

Yeah it always feels awesome to waste a 45 second potion cooldown on a skill that can be spammed without any punishment if you get pulled out from the cloak, realy completly ballanced. I mean it could be a good counter if the blade had no access to shade (which blades barely need to use) or a burstheal that eqauls coag/AB
    Its awesome how you complain about 3-4 button arcanist dd (to be fair its more like 7-8 xD) in PvE while the blade hits exactly the same number of buttons to hit their burst in pvp xD (cloak->incap->bow->spam/Execute) to bring you from 100 to 0. If it wasnt for sorcs and their toolkit, which counters the blade somewhat well, than we would have a population of 60-70 % blades in cyro.

Lol, like the bow is ready 100% of the time. You gotta set it up, Bro. And it's with light attacks not massive AOE's that debuf the enemy and heal you at the same time AND scale in execute like that tentacle. That is ONE SINGLE SKILL. Please bring this back to reality. We got 60%-70% arcanist in PVE. The point stands and numbers do not lie.

Fix Nightblade DPS please.

I think those who complain about NB are really just saying "We never want to be ganked again." And I guess now they don't want to burn their potion cooldown for detection. Or learn alchemy, that is too much trouble. I am really confused by your argument: Detection pots do not stop detecting if the NB recasts cloak. Try it you might be amazed.
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every classes should have passives like new piercing cold for balance health. People finally will choose what they want to be. As a pvp damage you can't have 40k hp and still deal maximum damage possible. AT least similiar in some things. Warden have easiest to manage they maximum health thanks to minor toughtness other classes not have it.
    Edited by mmtaniac on August 7, 2024 4:40AM
  • Admiral_Schneider
    Uh...my Warden is an Imperial (2k HP passive). With bi-stat, Imperial passive and Boundless, AND Minor Toughness from netch spam, I am sitting at 28.9k HP. There's something else here you're not stating.
    You are right, I did indeed make a mistake. The setup I showcased used a Attribute distribution used for PVP: 44 Magicka, 20 HP. With the correct loadout I reach around 27668. TT_TT

The point still stands if you consider that you can reach up to 35k/40k with some of the dungeon/secret buffs. Those would still disable the damage improving qualities of the new passive.
    Edited by Admiral_Schneider on August 8, 2024 1:46PM
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are right, I did indeed make a mistake. The setup I showcased used a Attribute distribution used for PVP: 44 Magicka, 20 HP. With the correct loadout I reach around 27668. TT_TT

The point still stands if you consider that you can reach up to 35k/40k with some of the dungeon/secret buffs. Those would still disable the damage improving qualities of the new passive.

And in those cases, I'd just swap to Lavafoot. Tbh, I use lavafoot in most dungeons anyway, including for trifectas.
  • Navaac223
    Navaac223
    ✭✭✭
    Skeletal mage is still useless for pvp : degeneration is still better, not only because of the slightly higher damage but also because it's more reliable. Rally gives you a stam recovery buff and a really good burst heal (it also doesn't cost 1/4th of my magicka unlike the necro burst heal but we'll be here all day if I start naming every problem necro has).

"But skeletal archer deals 15% more damage when hitting the same ennemy "
    No one cares. If you're fighting more than 1 person, it will constantly switch targets because you can't control who he targets (remember this is supposed to be a necromancer class). Even if it could hit reliably, the damage is terrible and doesn't give any proc, unlike degeneration.

"But you get 200 recovery with the passive while this is active"
    Spirit guardian is way more useful than that and everyone already casts it on (its very short) cooldown.

"But it generates a corpse, corpses are useful for necromancer because we said so in the class description"
    Name one pvp ability that uses corpses. You thought of the healing tether or deaden pain right ? Ok, try to use the tether in a 1vX, it constantly breaks because you can't stay in the open. Deaden pain doesn't give nearly enough health or major prot uptime to justify slotting this over anything else. Every necro left in cyrodiil (wich is about 3 people) has already told you that we don't have enough bar space to waste them on this skill

Of course, I'm just talking to players and the occasional zos employee that checks if I use swear words. The combat team is already convinced they saved necro and the idiots in the forums are just overreacting.
    I'm mad about this update because I know they think they brought back necro and we'll probably never get a necro buff after u43. This was our chance, and we missed it.
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar have whole ability to balance health. If you want to have useless shield ability that is only good in 25% but suck in other things take Sun Shield. Useless in every aspect except very high health build. Even then are not good enough.
    Scribing Shields are still better. Almost no one use Sun shield it's that bad. Give nothing for too high cost. I like how work DK shield ability it grant major buff and works longer than Sun shield. DK have option to regen resources thanks to it and overall have option to regen not main resource.
    Templars still not have option to regen not main resource. If i take stamina rune i regen only stamina and only that. We need some hybrid resources too not only one way. Especially if i focus mainly on stmaina builds i was still forced to use magicka cost abilities to be effective but still not have option for that. Ok we have magicka regen on EXECUTE. Execute is not sustain ability and was mostly use it when enemy have lower than 50% hp wchich i harder to get because damage of jabs is not existing.
    Edited by mmtaniac on August 13, 2024 9:29AM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Navaac223 wrote: »
    Skeletal mage is still useless for pvp : degeneration is still better, not only because of the slightly higher damage but also because it's more reliable. Rally gives you a stam recovery buff and a really good burst heal (it also doesn't cost 1/4th of my magicka unlike the necro burst heal but we'll be here all day if I start naming every problem necro has).

"But skeletal archer deals 15% more damage when hitting the same ennemy "
    No one cares. If you're fighting more than 1 person, it will constantly switch targets because you can't control who he targets (remember this is supposed to be a necromancer class). Even if it could hit reliably, the damage is terrible and doesn't give any proc, unlike degeneration.

"But you get 200 recovery with the passive while this is active"
    Spirit guardian is way more useful than that and everyone already casts it on (its very short) cooldown.

"But it generates a corpse, corpses are useful for necromancer because we said so in the class description"
    Name one pvp ability that uses corpses. You thought of the healing tether or deaden pain right ? Ok, try to use the tether in a 1vX, it constantly breaks because you can't stay in the open. Deaden pain doesn't give nearly enough health or major prot uptime to justify slotting this over anything else. Every necro left in cyrodiil (wich is about 3 people) has already told you that we don't have enough bar space to waste them on this skill

Of course, I'm just talking to players and the occasional zos employee that checks if I use swear words. The combat team is already convinced they saved necro and the idiots in the forums are just overreacting.
    I'm mad about this update because I know they think they brought back necro and we'll probably never get a necro buff after u43. This was our chance, and we missed it.

Indeed.

The most insulting thing is that ZOS completely SOLVED tethers with the new Mender's Bond Scribing skill. It persists through LOS as well as elevation changes, two extremely common situations in PvP that will break any of the Necromancer tethers. That renders them completely unusable.

Why are Necromancers relegated to using janky and bottom-of-the-barrel implementations of literally everything??!
  • BlackHammer225
    This is purely from the PVP perspective for Templars

Can the damage cap requirement be reduced for the Backlash ability and its morphs it's simply not hitting as hard as it used to. It is simply impossible to meet whatever damage is required to reach the bonus burst toward the end of the ability.
  • Keen
    Keen
    ✭✭
    Just to add my two cents: making it so Arctic Blast doesn't heal if it hits an enemy just makes it so if you are surrounded you can't heal unless you have more than one heal slotted, which is pointless to me. I don't want to use Polar Wind, as I prefer the instant heal, even if it is overall weaker than the HOT. I don't do PvP, so this is purely from a PvE perspective. I love soloing content, so being able to be a sturdy DPS that can keep myself alive is imperative. I don't understand this change. You want players to play how they want, but then you remove things like the heal from Arctic Blast in an actual combat situation. So no, I HAVE to use Polar Wind, or die.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keen wrote: »
    Just to add my two cents: making it so Arctic Blast doesn't heal if it hits an enemy just makes it so if you are surrounded you can't heal unless you have more than one heal slotted, which is pointless to me. I don't want to use Polar Wind, as I prefer the instant heal, even if it is overall weaker than the HOT. I don't do PvP, so this is purely from a PvE perspective. I love soloing content, so being able to be a sturdy DPS that can keep myself alive is imperative. I don't understand this change. You want players to play how they want, but then you remove things like the heal from Arctic Blast in an actual combat situation. So no, I HAVE to use Polar Wind, or die.

I'm not sure why you say you don't want to use Polar Wind because you want the instant heal... Polar Wind has an instant heal AND a HoT.
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keen wrote: »

I'm not sure why you say you don't want to use Polar Wind because you want the instant heal... Polar Wind has an instant heal AND a HoT.

Because in PVE as a DPS, Arctic is a very good DPS skill that also doubled as sustain when it was needed. Losing that sustain does hurt, because we can't really afford to give up the DPS from it.