Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where is the ink?

• IrisDupree
    IrisDupree
    ✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Six drops from just few hundred of nodes is pretty lucky. Hundred of nodes is 7-8 minutes of farming.
    People spend hours doing irrelevant activities and then complain that they got little ink. Would they fish for roe like this as well? "I caught one fish from every hole I saw while on my way to do other tasks and only got one roe in whole week".

Where are you farming that you get hundreds of nodes in 7-8 minutes?
    Options
  • Woozywyvern
    Woozywyvern
    ✭✭✭
    Orbital78 wrote: »
    We have a double node drop coming up, I'm sure they will be falling in your lap if you give a little effort. I know when Craglorn is effected I got quite a lot more nirncrux. I assume ink will be similar. TBH I don't understand how people can be having that many issues, unless they are trying to AoE farm. I think I am up to nearly 300/500 now and basically have no use for inks.

3 days of playing, apporx 7 hours a day is not enough effort to get a singhle ink drop?
    'What we do in life, echoes through Eternity.'
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IrisDupree wrote: »
    Six drops from just few hundred of nodes is pretty lucky. Hundred of nodes is 7-8 minutes of farming.
    People spend hours doing irrelevant activities and then complain that they got little ink. Would they fish for roe like this as well? "I caught one fish from every hole I saw while on my way to do other tasks and only got one roe in whole week".

One hundred, not multiple hundreds in 7-8 minutes :)

Some zones where you can find good routes are any starter island (but can be too crowded during prime time these days), Wrothgar, Hew's Bane, Telvanni Peninsula, Amenos. Sharing exact spots publicly is how you kill a spot, so find what works for you there :) Make sure it's looping (full circle or from wayshrine to wayshrine) and long enough for nodes to respawn when you are back to where you started, learn it so you know exactly where to go next.

There's plenty of decent routes where you can be getting this much, IF you are just farming, without any side missions like collecting skyshards or books, surveys, looting chests, getting nirncrux, killing specific mobs for trophies or antiquities, etc etc. Just farm, don't skip any nodes even if it's main content is low value. Get some speed (Wild hunt + CPs is enough for me), change location if someone else is farming same spot (I'd rather go to 8th best place than share best one with another player).

Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IrisDupree wrote: »

One hundred, not multiple hundreds in 7-8 minutes :)

Some zones where you can find good routes are any starter island (but can be too crowded during prime time these days), Wrothgar, Hew's Bane, Telvanni Peninsula, Amenos. Sharing exact spots publicly is how you kill a spot, so find what works for you there :) Make sure it's looping (full circle or from wayshrine to wayshrine) and long enough for nodes to respawn when you are back to where you started, learn it so you know exactly where to go next.

There's plenty of decent routes where you can be getting this much, IF you are just farming, without any side missions like collecting skyshards or books, surveys, looting chests, getting nirncrux, killing specific mobs for trophies or antiquities, etc etc. Just farm, don't skip any nodes even if it's main content is low value. Get some speed (Wild hunt + CPs is enough for me), change location if someone else is farming same spot (I'd rather go to 8th best place than share best one with another player).

Rather than going someplace else entirely, I tend to make my loops about 30 minutes in length, that way if I start running on empty nodes (someone else is farming) I can cut across and get in front of them if there are a bunch or wait a few minutes and let them get far enough ahead of me for respawn if there are only a few.

FYI I only got 5 last night in an hour and ten minutes. but I was getting plenty of other goodies I wanted.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

Options