Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Dolmen aren't dropping Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    It's a shame that they put the boxes into the bosses instead of the chests. Out of the 68 times I have killed a Dolmen, I got the box 66 times. But those two times that I didn't get a box and nothing from the chest because I didn't get the style page either definitely made the already tedious grind feel way worse.

Who doesn't love a good grind that makes you feel worse during a time that is meant to be a celebration? Just ESO things.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Geysers are crazy right now. I think there must've been 30 people there, at least two full groups going. I was only getting the boxes 50% of the time.
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geysers are crazy right now. I think there must've been 30 people there, at least two full groups going. I was only getting the boxes 50% of the time.

I've already mentally checked out of getting that one. I still have hopes for the staff or worms because at least there are zones nobody ever visits to do dolmens in. But there is only one Summerset. If those pages weren't character bound, I'm sure they'd end up being some of the most expensive holiday loot items we've had.
    In that sense, them being bound is good because at least on the last days of the event, the amount of people farming them should have gone down somewhat as opposed to people trying to farm for copies to put on sale.
  • EnnioJ
    EnnioJ
    Soul Shriven
    This game has alway been an issue for me and this just takes the cake (haha) for me. I’m done trying to get anywhere with this game. I’ve purchased every home and now I just regret doing that and giving ZOS my money.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Braffin wrote: »
    The system is fine as it is. No need for changing the rules and trivializing the game further.

If there are too many players around we need more instances/shards of that specific zone, because it is already overcrowded.

What are you even talking about? "Trivializing the game". Yeah right. This is about the loot eligibility for event content. Nobody wants dolmens to be nerfed lol.
    Suppose the 3% thing is correct, considering there are plenty of people precasting their destruction staff ultimates to essentially oneshot the boss, even if theoretically 33 people could all contribute to dealing 3% of its max HP as damage, if the top players overshoot those 3% significantly (and they do) that's a lot less than 33 people getting loot. But what if there are more than 33 people around because there is an event going on?
    Why is this system perfectly capable of giving chest loot to all these players but unable to give gift boxes to 34 players as well?

Considering more shards and instances are also going to cost the developers money, because that involves a hardware solution as far as I understand it, and since this issue only pops up for temporary event content, go and convince them that this needs to be done. You won't get far with that, I promise you.
    Putting the gift boxes in the chest is the easiest solution by far, because the server can already handle the load of players. Making multiple new shards just so more people can get loot is a waste of money.

You seem to assume it's not intended to to prevent zerging down bosses in overland. Well, you are wrong then.

Bosses dying within seconds, as reported in this thread, are already showing clearly, that trivialization is out of hand. Spreading out the playerbase is the proper reaction, not handing out everything for nothing.

Boss loot is granted for up to 12 players ever since and will stay this way till this game is shut down in spite of entitelist's anniversary rage against the system (which is as old as the jubilee event itself).

If it were more, players would be incentivized to build larger farming groups, which is obviously not desired by zos (or the playerbase in general, as many oppose such, well, trivialization).

The bosses aren't made for 33 people, so there isn't loot for 33 people. It's as easy as that.

Players are left with 2 options now:
    1) Move on to less crowded parts of the world.
    2) Learn to do damage.
    Edited by Braffin on April 6, 2024 10:58PM
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The system is fine as it is. No need for changing the rules and trivializing the game further.

If there are too many players around we need more instances/shards of that specific zone, because it is already overcrowded.

What are you even talking about? "Trivializing the game". Yeah right. This is about the loot eligibility for event content. Nobody wants dolmens to be nerfed lol.
    Suppose the 3% thing is correct, considering there are plenty of people precasting their destruction staff ultimates to essentially oneshot the boss, even if theoretically 33 people could all contribute to dealing 3% of its max HP as damage, if the top players overshoot those 3% significantly (and they do) that's a lot less than 33 people getting loot. But what if there are more than 33 people around because there is an event going on?
    Why is this system perfectly capable of giving chest loot to all these players but unable to give gift boxes to 34 players as well?

Considering more shards and instances are also going to cost the developers money, because that involves a hardware solution as far as I understand it, and since this issue only pops up for temporary event content, go and convince them that this needs to be done. You won't get far with that, I promise you.
    Putting the gift boxes in the chest is the easiest solution by far, because the server can already handle the load of players. Making multiple new shards just so more people can get loot is a waste of money.

You seem to assume it's not intended to to prevent zerging down bosses in overland. Well, you are wrong then.

Bosses dying within seconds, as reported in this thread, are already showing clearly, that trivialization is out of hand. Spreading out the playerbase is the proper reaction, not handing out everything for nothing.

Boss loot is granted for up to 12 players ever since and will stay this way till this game is shut down in spite of entitelist's anniversary rage against the system (which is as old as the jubilee event itself).

If it were more, players would be incentivized to build larger farming groups, which is obviously not desired by zos (or the playerbase in general, as many oppose such, well, trivialization).

The bosses aren't made for 33 people, so there isn't loot for 33 people. It's as easy as that.

2) Learn to do damage.

@Braffin You couldn't be more wrong. If it's not intended for large groups to fight these bosses, then these bosses should be in instances like dungeons. That has nothing to do with "trivialization". Grouping exists precisely to trivialize even difficult encounters to allow weaker players to participate. It seems to me that you forgot that MMOs are social games and that large groups forming organically is actually supposed to be encouraged.

Love how you call getting loot from a dolmen you helped taking down (as evidenced by the chest appearing) "entitled".
    Oh no! What would we even do if more people ended up getting anniversary boxes for the time they spent fighting a dolmen when they can already get boxes from other repeatable activities in the same amount of time! It's totally going to ruin the economy! /s
    It would make literally zero difference if more people got loot. Maybe you hadn't been around back then but we used to have a group size limit of 24. The reason overland groups are limited to 12 people now is, supposedly, because of lag and trial groups being made the gold standard for everything. And while that made some sense for PvP and their rampant ballgroups, it never did for overland PvE.
    It would be one thing if we were talking about allowing groups of any size to enter trials or dungeons, but this is overland we are talking about. Your argument is entirely invalid. Maybe you would prefer if this game was entirely solo play with the occasional online coop experience sprinkled in, and I'm sure many old elder scrolls fans would have actually preferred that. But this is an MMO and "massive" is literally in the name. Large groups were literally part of the advertisement for this game, although it was marketed moreso towards PvP back then. The reason these things were not desired by ZOS for the time being was, according to them, due to the stress it caused on the servers when spells and sets affected 24 players instead of 12. The servers can handle it now. This argument is no longer valid.

Also, regarding your "helpful" tips. There are no "less crowded parts" of Summerset's geysers. It's literally only that one zone. You cannot do that activity anywhere else. And as for learning to do damage, I can name multiple reasons that isn't enough. Say your dps is 100k, say the number of people actually getting loot is really only the top 12, and let there be a group of 30 people, 13 of which deal 110k dps because some hardcore raiders are present today. You with your 100k dps will still not get loot. Do you understand? Your skill is not a factor in this. If anything, stamina is at a huge disadvantage here because so many abilities of theirs are melee, their ground based AOE dot options are limited and all of their ranged abilities have a travel time, which means that all the instant damage magica abilities will simply kill the boss before you were physically able to deal any damage to the boss regardless of your skill. And no, this example is not far-fetched because that is what happened to me at those dolmen because I was on my bow/bow stamden (which deals respectable damage, but not instantly). You can queue up a destruction staff ultimate before the boss even spawned. You cannot do that with most stamina abilities. Are you suggesting we all play with destruction staves now? Who is 'trivializing' the game now?
    Edited by Ratzkifal on April 7, 2024 12:06AM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Put ground damage over time skills on the spot where the npc spawns that way you don't need to actually target the npc for damage to get done.

Personally, I'm using my Necromancer for doing them.

Necrotic Potency provides enough ult from all the dead npcs so that getting ult for each time isn't that hard. Colossus doesn't need a target and hits multiple times so if you get close on timing one of them should hit.

Ground dots hit only once every second (or every other, if you’re using Ritual) and do notoriously low damage, especially without group buffs. They are a good way to get tags for the chest/shell trove but are not reliable for bosses.

In Alik’r you have bosses dying so fast they do not stay on the ground long enough for a ground dot to tick. For some bosses their health bar never even showed up. I saw this repeatedly yesterday.

Menta Na died in under a second. To get credit on that boss you’d have to have done 7.4k damage in that time and have been within the cap of players who get loot.

Using jabs (a non-targeted spammable) I got over 7.4k in but didn’t get loot. Fortunately I was primarily after the chest, not the boss, but it’s a case that shows the futility of trying to go for boss loot when the incursion is over-crowded. The only solution for those wanting boss loot is to go elsewhere.

I did over 60k dps on one of the geyser bosses. And still didn't get boss loot. I don't know WHAT people were running on the geyser but damn, I felt inadequate, lol
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

2) Learn to do damage.

@Braffin You couldn't be more wrong. If it's not intended for large groups to fight these bosses, then these bosses should be in instances like dungeons. That has nothing to do with "trivialization". Grouping exists precisely to trivialize even difficult encounters to allow weaker players to participate. It seems to me that you forgot that MMOs are social games and that large groups forming organically is actually supposed to be encouraged.

Never thought I would say Diablo IV did something better, but, Diablo IV did world bosses better. They're instanced and once 12 people are there, a new instance is created. So you never don't get loot. Revolutionary concept.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Ratzkifal, I don't care if you like my argument.

Fact is there are loot restrictions since beginning of this game as there are loot restrictions in every other MMO on the market to prevent overcrowded zones and trivialization of content (bosses aren't designed to die within seconds, ya know?).

Group sizes were bigger in the past, that's true. Nonetheless, even back then loot was restricted to 12 players:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376696/only-the-12-highest-dps-get-loot

That won't raise unless boss difficulty (and HP of course) also rise accordingly.

Would I enjoy epic battles in big groups against meaningful overland bosses? Sure I would. Eso doesn't support such encounters tho, even 12 people barely find a challenge.

That's not what's asked for in this thread tho, but for easy drops without any meaningful participation in content.

The usual FOMO-driven entitlement during event times. Disgusting tbh and a reason to overthink financial support for this game, as nothing is done against it.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OsUfi wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    The final dolmen boss drops the boxes.

This is it. They did not make that clear. Alikir is about the worst place to farm during peak hours at. Managed an hour there levelling a new character and got 1 box.

They didn't need to make it clear, reward boxes have always dropped from the final boss, never from the chest.

Except for plunder skulls.

No, plunder skulls also never dropped from dolmen chest.
    OsUfi wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    The final dolmen boss drops the boxes.

This is it. They did not make that clear. Alikir is about the worst place to farm during peak hours at. Managed an hour there levelling a new character and got 1 box.

They didn't need to make it clear, reward boxes have always dropped from the final boss, never from the chest.

I never knew that and I have 7-8+ years of active play in ESO. Sorry, but you are wrong.

They said they dropped from Dolmens, so they should, not "only if you are one of the few top 12 damage dealers there!

If you've played for that long and never knew that, then you never played the events before. There is no top 12, just do a light attack on the boss, get loot, 3% damage is all you need. This has been discussed so severely too much already.

How do you know that? I have almost all Indiriks on the PS5, for example, and participated in every event on the PC until I took a break. Just because that was unclear is not my fault. Why blame the player and not the communication?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Put ground damage over time skills on the spot where the npc spawns that way you don't need to actually target the npc for damage to get done.

Personally, I'm using my Necromancer for doing them.

Necrotic Potency provides enough ult from all the dead npcs so that getting ult for each time isn't that hard. Colossus doesn't need a target and hits multiple times so if you get close on timing one of them should hit.

That hasn't worked for my sorcs (and others) in most cases. Not enough damage.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It once again amazes me that people will argue that the game should be less avoiding to participating in content in groups!

Sure, it may be easy to kill bosses with massive groups, but so what? It is also fun.

Next on the list will be banning groups in Cyrodiil since that can let less proficient players get carried. Oh right, we already have those! It is an anniversary event that is supposed to be fun, yet some want to suck the fun in concept.

It is like going to an all-you-can eat buffet, but being escorted out after an hour being told that was all they were allowed to eat!

Sure, it would be better if bots don't get credit, but most going to Alik'r now are doing it for the event and for fun. Sure, it is almost always busy, but so what? This is group content. Don't hinder group rewards!

And as many have noted here, the final boss may disappear before it even shows in my display, making damage impossible. Certainly not enough time to gen up a Sorc attack that takes prep time but requires a target.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The loot restriction is mostly to prevent botting IMO. They used to let people make a group of 24 for overland and explicitly only changed that to increase performance.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2024 4:53AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The loot restriction is mostly to prevent botting IMO. They used to let people make a group of 24 for overland and explicitly only changed that to increase performance.

I understand the impact to limit botting, but other ways need to be found for that. Don't hinder legitimate players this much.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fact is there are loot restrictions since beginning of this game as there are loot restrictions in every other MMO on the market to prevent overcrowded zones and trivialization of content (bosses aren't designed to die within seconds, ya know?).

Group sizes were bigger in the past, that's true. Nonetheless, even back then loot was restricted to 12 players:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376696/only-the-12-highest-dps-get-loot

That won't raise unless boss difficulty (and HP of course) also rise accordingly.

Would I enjoy epic battles in big groups against meaningful overland bosses? Sure I would. Eso doesn't support such encounters tho, even 12 people barely find a challenge.

That's not what's asked for in this thread tho, but for easy drops without any meaningful participation in content.

The usual FOMO-driven entitlement during event times. Disgusting tbh and a reason to overthink financial support for this game, as nothing is done against it.

Why should anything be done against it? These people are rightfully upset concerning the conditions of obtaining these rewards. Not only do they take an inordinate amount of time to complete, but their contribution to completing certain tasks isn't even counting towards obtaining the rewards because of a broken system that should be done away with during events like these.

This is an event intended to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the game, not an opportunity to show off how well you can parse on a world boss. The event exists to celebrate the players, and to thank them for supporting the game all of this time.

It has nothing to do with entitlement. They contributed to fighting the boss, they deserve to be rewarded. Period. Their effort was part of the bosses death, as was their time.

Getting a reward during a games anniversary shouldn't have a single thing to do with being one of the "top" dps, especially when far too many people are hitting the bosses at once. It just alienates players, and doesn't make them feel appreciated at all.

Even if I didn't have trouble getting these rewards, I understand that the speed with which I got them was in no small part due to the contribution of others who ALSO deserved to be rewarded along side me. My DPS alone, though high, was not the only thing that brought down those bosses within minutes, allowing me to rapidly grind both boxes and style pages. Those with lower DPS deserved an equal chance, especially during an anniversary.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why should anything be done against it? These people are rightfully upset concerning the conditions of obtaining these rewards. Not only do they take an inordinate amount of time to complete, but their contribution to completing certain tasks isn't even counting towards obtaining the rewards because of a broken system that should be done away with during events like these.

This is an event intended to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the game, not an opportunity to show off how well you can parse on a world boss. The event exists to celebrate the players, and to thank them for supporting the game all of this time.

It has nothing to do with entitlement. They contributed to fighting the boss, they deserve to be rewarded. Period. Their effort was part of the bosses death, as was their time.

Getting a reward during a games anniversary shouldn't have a single thing to do with being one of the "top" dps, especially when far too many people are hitting the bosses at once. It just alienates players, and doesn't make them feel appreciated at all.

Even if I didn't have trouble getting these rewards, I understand that the speed with which I got them was in no small part due to the contribution of others who ALSO deserved to be rewarded along side me. My DPS alone, though high, was not the only thing that brought down those bosses within minutes, allowing me to rapidly grind both boxes and style pages. Those with lower DPS deserved an equal chance, especially during an anniversary.

Which bosses take several minutes to die if more than 12 players are present?

I for myself very well participate in the event and never witnessed this.

They die within seconds.

To call that participation is obscene tbh.

You may ask for "do a light attack every few minutes, get a shiny for it", I respectfully disagree tho.

Additional shards of highly impacted zones would completely solve the issue without changing rules for looting. But surprisingly exactly the people arguing against group content all over the year become adamant "group players" if that would spare them the hassle of actually playing the game to obtain their precious

Boxes drop all over Tamriel and the new style pages directly drop from incursion chests. Why stay at overcrowded places? There is no reason to do so at all.
    Edited by Braffin on April 7, 2024 5:36AM
    ---
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got loot every time and I put zero effort into it because the boss is dead so fast. Literally nobody is putting in real effort into the killing of the boss during an event. The reward is not for effort it is for time spent grinding alone.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2024 6:14AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got loot every time and I put zero effort into it because the boss is dead so fast. Literally nobody is putting in real effort into the killing of the boss during an event. The reward is not for effort it is for time spent grinding alone.

You always get a hit on the boss of sufficient damage? I am skeptical.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was able to keep track of exactly how many pulls it took me to get the dolmen drop because of my boxes. I was able to get loot all but twice. 113 pulls, 111 boxes.

So far I got 3 boxes from the geyser bosses and missed out on it once for a total of 4 pulls from the shell. I adjusted my build after the first one and got loot the other 3 times.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2024 7:17AM
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    After I have spent more than 14 hours fishing for Trueflame Sword and still miss the style page I think I just stopped all this event as I found is made by someone with a lower IQ than the drop rate!
    The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I was able to keep track of exactly how many pulls it took me to get the dolmen drop because of my boxes. I was able to get loot all but twice. 113 pulls, 111 boxes.

So far I got 3 boxes from the geyser bosses and missed out on it once for a total of 4 pulls from the shell. I adjusted my build after the first one and got loot the other 3 times.

Still high, but not always. Not meaning to push the literal part, but the few I have seen in Alik'r during the even have often not even showed as hittable by me, thus impossible to get enough damage.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still high, but not always. Not meaning to push the literal part, but the few I have seen in Alik'r during the even have often not even showed as hittable by me, thus impossible to get enough damage.

Considering there was user error each time I didn't get it, not really. Not paying attention to when I should attack for the dolmens, rode up to a geyser without a certain skill for the other. Other than that, every time this far. Although I must admit to a small sample size on the geysers.

But sure, I can mess up and not get it.

Edit
    I'm on PS5, so I'm not missing things because of loading

Edit

Also if you're having loading issues, just farm at a different dolmen spot. I did Auridon. Still a big crowd and stuff dies in seconds but you won't miss stuff due to lag.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2024 8:38AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Considering there was user error each time I didn't get it, not really. Not paying attention to when I should attack for the dolmens, rode up to a geyser without a certain skill for the other. Other than that, every time this far. Although I must admit to a small sample size on the geysers.

Edit

Edit

Also if you're having loading issues, just farm at a different dolmen spot. I did Auridon. Still a big crowd and stuff dies in seconds but you won't miss stuff due to lag.

I have had the final mob killed before he shows up when playing on the PS5. Perhaps you have a better connection to the servers then. Others may not see that. I have seen the mob never show up or merely "blink" green before being gone many times. Quite frustrating when trying to get in enough damage.

This is more in this event than outside it, in case you are counting those times. Then I usually see the boss mob, at least briefly. Though it is very brief even then at times.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on April 7, 2024 8:42AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit

Edit

I have had the final mob killed before he shows up when playing on the PS5. Perhaps you have a better connection to the servers then. Others may not see that. I have seen the mob never show up or merely "blink" green before being gone many times. Quite frustrating when trying to get in enough damage.

This is more in this event than outside it, in case you are counting those times. Then I usually see the boss mob, at least briefly. Though it is very brief even then at times.

I'm only counting the event. Can't remember the last time I didn't get loot outside of it. If you're having trouble even in Auridon, try Deshaan. I feel like Alik'r and Auridon are more well known for having wayshrine close to the dolmen, but Deshaan does too. I did a few spins there just for a change of scenery and the crowd was much less than either Auridon or Alikr.
  • GrizzlyTank
    GrizzlyTank
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that dolmen scales this badly that the boss is dead in a second is honestly amazing. Especially after 10 years of patches.

Fair enough, it's difficult to get a perfect duration for the fight as seen with GW2. But mere seconds?
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's nonsense and you know that.

Anniversary boxes are granted for doing daily quests and killing bosses all over the game.

If you do that alone or grouped up (till the general limit of 12 players is reached, lol) doesn't matter.

If you grind boxes 24/7 for two weeks or only go for them occassionally doesn't matter.

Fact is, that only a friction of the playerbase is grinding boxes out of dolmen, and only a friction of this friction feel entitled enough to expect them handed out for being anywhere near the respective fight.

Not because dolmen are the only way to obtain said loot, but the fastest if done in bigger groups.

Boxes are already rather easy to obtain at this few crowded locations, everywhere else (dungeons, trials, arenas, less crowded wb's and incursions, various dailies etc.) you'll have to participate as usual to be eligible for anniversary rewards.

But some people nonetheless decide to ignore this facts and prefer to gamble boxes at overcrowded places while they very well are aware of the restrictions (which didn't change since release except for adjusting needed dmg from 10% to 3% to include tanks. But it was always restricted for up to 12 players, even when groups of 24 were possible.).

Edited by Braffin on April 7, 2024 11:44AM
    ---
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. It is not. Bosses are dead within seconds. I put no effort more effort into consistently getting loot than the people who are not getting loot in the same fight.

And here's a video I made earlier when Flospy and I were talking show me get loot at 4/4 dolmens. I covered up my skill usage because I am not doing anything special. Literally nearly everyone can do it. The boss dies way too quickly for that. This isn't about being good at damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htqqztyP4hg
    Not because dolmen are the only way to obtain said loot, but the fastest if done in bigger groups.

The dolmen are a mandatory source of the style page. That is the reason people are there. I haven't actually farmed dragons in Southern Elsweyr, but I'd bet good money that if all anyone wanted was boxes, that's where they would be farming them. Dragons have no loot cap and during the event drop just as fast. I know someone in my guild mentioned a lot of people there once. But since I haven't farmed it for myself yet, I cannot confirm if it's indeed the case that they are working the same as the other world events.

Regardless, people ARE forced to be there to get a particular drop. In the case of geysers, there is a singular zone they can pick from. ZOS purposefully and specifically directed the entire players base to a single zone to kill an enemy that cannot last against the weight of large groups.

The actual situation is that

1) ZOS directed all traffic of people who want a limited time only and unique items to fishing, geysers, dolmens, and a single zone's world bosses.

2) In the case of geysers and Vvardenfell world bosses, there is only a single location for the whole playerbase to choose from resulting in huge crowds.

3)All of the people in that crowd are putting in the same amount of effort because the content is not capable of handling crowds that large. Resulting in all enemies dying as quickly as they spawn. They don't even have time to load in for all players.

4) Despite everyone putting in the exact same effort, they are not getting the same reward. Some players don't like that.

If you do, nobody can stop you. But that hardly sounds like good event design to me.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2024 4:34PM
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    I did over 60k dps on one of the geyser bosses. And still didn't get boss loot. I don't know WHAT people were running on the geyser but damn, I felt inadequate, lol

I guess it's totally possible there were simply 12 others that did like 61k or something like that. Obviously can't tell for sure, but what I've seen "groups" are way bigger today. Did some geysers yesterday and 9 out of 10 times I got boss loot just by using a 3 crux beam (the lower damage shield one, mind you) and nothing else. And we probably were like 20-30.
    Edited by Smaxx on April 7, 2024 5:34PM
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Never thought I would say Diablo IV did something better, but, Diablo IV did world bosses better. They're instanced and once 12 people are there, a new instance is created. So you never don't get loot. Revolutionary concept.

Overworld content in ESO actually works the very same way, including multiple smaller sub-zones/phases within. Except it allows more than 12 players to approach boss areas. We could experience it first hand on Thursday. Our group of 12 was all together on boss 1, we ran to boss 2 (no porting) and only half of us entered the same phase, the other half was invisible (in another phase).
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No. It is not. Bosses are dead within seconds. I put no effort more effort into consistently getting loot than the people who are not getting loot in the same fight.

And here's a video I made earlier when Flospy and I were talking show me get loot at 4/4 dolmens. I covered up my skill usage because I am not doing anything special. Literally nearly everyone can do it. The boss dies way too quickly for that. This isn't about being good at damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htqqztyP4hg

The dolmen are a mandatory source of the style page. That is the reason people are there. I haven't actually farmed dragons in Southern Elsweyr, but I'd bet good money that if all anyone wanted was boxes, that's where they would be farming them. Dragons have no loot cap and during the event drop just as fast. I know someone in my guild mentioned a lot of people there once. But since I haven't farmed it for myself yet, I cannot confirm if it's indeed the case that they are working the same as the other world events.

Regardless, people ARE forced to be there to get a particular drop. In the case of geysers, there is a singular zone they can pick from. ZOS purposefully and specifically directed the entire players base to a single zone to kill an enemy that cannot last against the weight of large groups.

The actual situation is that

1) ZOS directed all traffic of people who want a limited time only and unique items to fishing, geysers, dolmens, and a single zone's world bosses.

2) In the case of geysers and Vvardenfell world bosses, there is only a single location for the whole playerbase to choose from resulting in huge crowds.

3)All of the people in that crowd are putting in the same amount of effort because the content is not capable of handling crowds that large. Resulting in all enemies dying as quickly as they spawn. They don't even have time to load in for all players.

4) Despite everyone putting in the exact same effort, they are not getting the same reward. Some players don't like that.

If you do, nobody can stop you. But that hardly sounds like good event design to me.

I agree regarding vvardenfell and summerset drop location being overcrowded and already presented an easy solution: more shards/instances of said locations to ensure that the game can properly handle the participants. That's not the case at present.

Nonetheless it's not a reason to alter this game's general loot conditions while not adressing the original problem itself: the overcrowded place.

These places aren't intended for the current amount of concurrent players. They aren't created for it.

It's not intended to witness nothing more of a boss than either nothing at all or maybe "some green flash" (like someone described it here) before waiting another 5 or so minutes for the next "fight". That's a clear sign of server overload (they can't correctly process all input anymore). Additional shards would in fact reduce this load and stabilize zone.

So, yes there should be a hotfix asap. But it should solve the issue (=overcrowded location), not standardizing it.
    Edited by Braffin on April 7, 2024 5:47PM
    ---