Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Dolmen aren't dropping Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not know why people are still saying that *only the top 12 damage dealers on the FINAL boss get to loot him* in regards to dolmen and geyser bosses. As far as I am aware this only applies to certain bosses. For dolmens and geysers its the *do 3% of the HP from the boss/mob/npc as damage and you will get loot*. "alternatelder" did post this on the 2nd page of this thread.

3% damage is not sufficient. I tested this on Menta Na the other day. Did well over 7.4k in damage. No loot. If 3% hp were the only requirement, I would have gotten loot from them.
  • Bethgael
    Bethgael
    ✭✭✭
    The loot limit has always seemed like an intentional thing to prevent bot farming. So it's fine IMO, there are a lot of other zones to farm dolmens in. Auridon and Deshaan are just as efficient as Alik'r--not sure how crowded they are at the moment.

Except the same principle applies in Summerset, where there is only one geyser up at any given moment. Boss = box, which most people don't get loot for, possibility of style page = shell. So you can't even get boxes, for the most part, grinding for that style page.

That makes it a silly design that actively disincentivises players to do the thing that ZOS actually wants them to do for the next month.
    Ingame ID: Bethgael PC NA/EU but mostly NA
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bethgael wrote: »
    The loot limit has always seemed like an intentional thing to prevent bot farming. So it's fine IMO, there are a lot of other zones to farm dolmens in. Auridon and Deshaan are just as efficient as Alik'r--not sure how crowded they are at the moment.

Except the same principle applies in Summerset, where there is only one geyser up at any given moment. Boss = box, which most people don't get loot for, possibility of style page = shell. So you can't even get boxes, for the most part, grinding for that style page.

That makes it a silly design that actively disincentivises players to do the thing that ZOS actually wants them to do for the next month.

The issue aren't the common loot rules for overland bosses tho, but the nonsensical idea to funnel major parts of the playerbase into artifical bottlenecked encounters, which can't even handle the amount of players showing up.

Their ideas regarding style pages wirk for fishing and dolmen but should never have been extended to Geysirs and Vvardenfell WBs, as there aren't enough around to support the participating playerbase.

Altering the loot rules would do nothing more than worsen the issue.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    The final dolmen boss drops the boxes.

So unless you are one of the top damage dealers of the players there, you won't get the box.

But the official announcement says "Completing any incursion event" is what awards the boxes. And the Dark Anchor events are completed by closing the final pinion, which spawns the loot chest. And ZOS has not updated the announcement, nor told anyone that the drops are working as intended.... therefore it's a bug.

People not getting boxes should log how many events they completed without the reward, and submit a ticket to customer service. Maybe they will help folks get what they earned. At least it can't hurt to try.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

So unless you are one of the top damage dealers of the players there, you won't get the box.

But the official announcement says "Completing any incursion event" is what awards the boxes. And the Dark Anchor events are completed by closing the final pinion, which spawns the loot chest. And ZOS has not updated the announcement, nor told anyone that the drops are working as intended.... therefore it's a bug.

People not getting boxes should log how many events they completed without the reward, and submit a ticket to customer service. Maybe they will help folks get what they earned. At least it can't hurt to try.

Dark anchors spawn the chest when the boss is killed, not the last pinion, which is always where the box drops. Boxes have always dropped from final bosses. I don't even know why people think otherwise after so many years.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dark anchors spawn the chest when the boss is killed, not the last pinion

Sorry, but that is not true. After the boss is killed, absolutely nothing will happen, including the chest spawning, until someone closes the final pinion. It's always been that way.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dailies in Cryodill aren't giving them out either in Bruma.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, but that is not true. After the boss is killed, absolutely nothing will happen, including the chest spawning, until someone closes the final pinion. It's always been that way.

Edited by alternatelder on April 9, 2024 1:57PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dark anchors spawn the chest when the boss is killed, not the last pinion, which is always where the box drops. Boxes have always dropped from final bosses. I don't even know why people think otherwise after so many years.

The fifth pinion by the stairs spawns the chest
    Soupy twist
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Uh, the boss doesn't even spawn until the last pinion is closed. Has always been this way. :lol:

the pinion comes up, the boss spawns, you kill the boss, the pinion opens, you close the pinion, the chest spawns.

• alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh, the boss doesn't even spawn until the last pinion is closed. Has always been this way. :lol:

the pinion comes up, the boss spawns, you kill the boss, the pinion opens, you close the pinion, the chest spawns.

I guess I haven't done a dolmen in years, lol. Not sure how I forgot that bit. 😅
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the style page drops for the shell trove at the geyser.

My trials team grouped up tonight and finished early so we did some geysers. I still didn’t get a drop from the boss but I could loot the shell grove.

You can’t even see the mobs or the boss, you just spam skills and hope to hit something.

@katanagirl1 i can confirm that for the geysers and dolmens, the style pages drop from the "participation chest" not the boss loot

so you can get the style pages even if you dont get the boss loot/event box (just have to deal any dmg to any enemy during the geyser/dolmen)

incursions are wildly inconsistent, some of them you cannot miss out of on the rewards (dragons/bastion nymics, possibly harrowstorms too), but dolmens and geysers the event box is tied to the boss, not to the participation reward
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, its nice to level other weapons as you can swap to back bar before the pinion is activated, that grants the bonus xp.
    You can always use class skills wielding sword and shield or resto staff to level them.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the style page drops for the shell trove at the geyser.

My trials team grouped up tonight and finished early so we did some geysers. I still didn’t get a drop from the boss but I could loot the shell grove.

You can’t even see the mobs or the boss, you just spam skills and hope to hit something.

@katanagirl1 i can confirm that for the geysers and dolmens, the style pages drop from the "participation chest" not the boss loot

so you can get the style pages even if you dont get the boss loot/event box (just have to deal any dmg to any enemy during the geyser/dolmen)

incursions are wildly inconsistent, some of them you cannot miss out of on the rewards (dragons/bastion nymics, possibly harrowstorms too), but dolmens and geysers the event box is tied to the boss, not to the participation reward

That’s good to know, I saw conflicting comments in zone chat about where they dropped. The WB drops are from the boss but there is no chest, just wondering if it was consistent from all sources.

I haven’t been grinding at this nearly as long as everyone else but I get bored really quickly doing this kind of thing. I hate to feel like I’m wasting my time. Sure I’m getting stuff, but not the stuff I am really hoping for.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    The title says it all. This is what the article says:
    7jum0kp9w0er.png
    Fix it. People are not getting their jubilee boxes while trying to get that Staff of Worms Replica outfit page. I've been at it in Alik'r desert for hours now and it's bad enough of a grind as it is, but I haven't gotten a single jubilee box. I haven't checked, but I would assume it's the same with the Geysers in Summerset.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

Edit: So apparently people are saying that the boxes drop from the boss that spawns at the dolmen and not the chest, and that you need to deal a certain amount of damage to be eligible for loot. If that's the case then I suppose it's not bugged or broken, it's just stupid and unfun design. I'd still want this to be fixed but considering similar issues have been ignored for over 3 years now I'm not getting my hopes up anymore.
    Tl;dr: Go to an empty zone and do the dolmens there and then you should get boxes again, because ZOS thinks only the players with the most DPS deserve event loot.

The worst part is that the event unique Style Motifs that only drop from DLC World Bosses or in the case of Summerset the Geysers (which are basically the Summerset Dolmens) also only drop from the boss rather than from the reward pearl, which is basically the "chest" and it's the same rule, if you don't do top 12 or is it 20 DPS on the boss you don't get any loot from it.

It's slightly sickening to think this is how the rewards from any event is treated and from the 10th Anniversary Jubilee in particular. IF the motifs were tradeable I would have some sort of understanding that it's not meant to drown the economy with those motifs, but this is only usable on your account... A reward from the 10th Anniversary Event...

As stated below it clearly drops from the shell and not the Geyser Boss. Mea culpa! My bad!
    Edited by Idinuse on April 10, 2024 1:44PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    7jum0kp9w0er.png
    Fix it. People are not getting their jubilee boxes while trying to get that Staff of Worms Replica outfit page. I've been at it in Alik'r desert for hours now and it's bad enough of a grind as it is, but I haven't gotten a single jubilee box. I haven't checked, but I would assume it's the same with the Geysers in Summerset.

Edit: So apparently people are saying that the boxes drop from the boss that spawns at the dolmen and not the chest, and that you need to deal a certain amount of damage to be eligible for loot. If that's the case then I suppose it's not bugged or broken, it's just stupid and unfun design. I'd still want this to be fixed but considering similar issues have been ignored for over 3 years now I'm not getting my hopes up anymore.
    Tl;dr: Go to an empty zone and do the dolmens there and then you should get boxes again, because ZOS thinks only the players with the most DPS deserve event loot.

The worst part is that the event unique Style Motifs that only drop from DLC World Bosses or in the case of Summerset the Geysers (which are basically the Summerset Dolmens) also only drop from the boss rather than from the reward pearl, which is basically the "chest" and it's the same rule, if you don't do top 12 or is it 20 DPS on the boss you don't get any loot from it.

It's slightly sickening to think this is how the rewards from any event is treated and from the 10th Anniversary Jubilee in particular. IF the motifs were tradeable I would have some sort of understanding that it's not meant to drown the economy with those motifs, but this is only usable on your account... A reward from the 10th Anniversary Event...

Multiple people have indicated that the unique event style page from the geysers drops from the shell trove, which is the same as the dolmen chest and many more people will get.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Idinuse wrote: »
    7jum0kp9w0er.png

Multiple people have indicated that the unique event style page from the geysers drops from the shell trove, which is the same as the dolmen chest and many more people will get.

100% drops from the shell.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that ticket to produce any positive results.

This is poor design on ZOS' part, plain and simple. Not much we can do about it though.

Ironically, I got boss credit on a Dolmen in Alik'r I just hit with passive AOE stuff on the ground even though I never even saw the boss. That was certainly unique!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just ran Alik'r and leveled from 21 to 24.

got a bunch of boxes and the Event staff

:#