Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Dolmen aren't dropping Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OsUfi wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    The final dolmen boss drops the boxes.

This is it. They did not make that clear. Alikir is about the worst place to farm during peak hours at. Managed an hour there levelling a new character and got 1 box.

They didn't need to make it clear, reward boxes have always dropped from the final boss, never from the chest.

Except for plunder skulls. Aside from it being entirely stupid to have an important loot drop come from the thing that usually does not drop anything because the incursion loot is always in the chest on nonholidays. Where does your jewelry drop? From the boss, or the chest you open? Also, didn't people say that the outfit page drops from the chest but the box drops from the boss? How does that make sense to you?

Even if it's always been that way and we should have known better, that still doesn't make it good design. In what world is it acceptable to put event loot that is already rare enough as it is behind a dps check when everyone and their grandma is trying to farm it? Put it in the chest, next to the outfit page.
    Or tell people exactly what you think of them and that only the top dps are deserving of event loot. lol.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • gamergirldk
    gamergirldk
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah the Geyser boss drops a box and the rng style page.
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should the event box be in the container and / or coded such that everyone who participates gets one?

Yes, it should.

But it doesn't work that way for whatever reason so don't expect to get boxes if running dolmens in an area with a hundred other players - go somewhere else.

Oh and by the way, harrowstorms drop the box in the container so it doesn't seem to matter how many people are participating.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was running Alik'r this morning and since I'm leveling my new character's skills, I wasn't doing enough damage on the bosses to get reward box. So, I went to a less populated zone and ran dolmens there, and got reward box every time. Problem solved. Most people run Alik'r for the quick finish and thus faster XP gain, but this reward box creates a dilemma- faster XP or easier rewards?
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auridon is my place for dolmens, decent with people but rarely above 12, yes it's a bit more riding but worth it.
    also to level companions you need xp for killing stuff who is much easier here.
    ZoS tries to cap player numbers in zones, Its lots more reasons to go to Auridon than Alkir other than farming dolmens.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is it. They did not make that clear. Alikir is about the worst place to farm during peak hours at. Managed an hour there levelling a new character and got 1 box.

They didn't need to make it clear, reward boxes have always dropped from the final boss, never from the chest.

I never knew that and I have 7-8+ years of active play in ESO. Sorry, but you are wrong.

They said they dropped from Dolmens, so they should, not "only if you are one of the few top 12 damage dealers there!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Auridon is my place for dolmens, decent with people but rarely above 12, yes it's a bit more riding but worth it.
    ZoS tries to cap player numbers in zones, Its lots more reasons to go to Auridon than Alkir other than farming dolmens.

Enjoy playing how you want, unless too many people play the same way with you?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The style page in Summerset drops from the shell chest, whilst the jubilee box drops from the boss. At least we still have a chance to get the style page.
    The loot limit has always seemed like an intentional thing to prevent bot farming. So it's fine IMO, there are a lot of other zones to farm dolmens in. Auridon and Deshaan are just as efficient as Alik'r--not sure how crowded they are at the moment.

It's perfectly fair to keep this restriction to prevent bot farming, but they should at least increase the health and/or extend the number of rewards for the events. In Summerset the bosses go down in one second, not exaggerating. Imagine a hundred players dropping their ultimates at the appearance of the boss.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with trying to get the style page in Alik'r is you also have probably a metric ton of other players there to just level their new characters. I mean, not saying anyone should be left out but they could prolly care less. Which is even more competition.

So yeah Alik'r might just be the worst place to try and farm Skeletor from.
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

Except for plunder skulls.

No, plunder skulls also never dropped from dolmen chest.

I never knew that and I have 7-8+ years of active play in ESO. Sorry, but you are wrong.

They said they dropped from Dolmens, so they should, not "only if you are one of the few top 12 damage dealers there!

If you've played for that long and never knew that, then you never played the events before. There is no top 12, just do a light attack on the boss, get loot, 3% damage is all you need. This has been discussed so severely too much already.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the style page drops for the shell trove at the geyser.

My trials team grouped up tonight and finished early so we did some geysers. I still didn’t get a drop from the boss but I could loot the shell grove.

You can’t even see the mobs or the boss, you just spam skills and hope to hit something.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the style page drops for the shell trove at the geyser.

My trials team grouped up tonight and finished early so we did some geysers. I still didn’t get a drop from the boss but I could loot the shell grove.

You can’t even see the mobs or the boss, you just spam skills and hope to hit something.

They drop from the shell troves, confirmed.
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to life in an MMO... where you can't always do whatever you want, when you want, because you always share the world with others.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

Except for plunder skulls.

No, plunder skulls also never dropped from dolmen chest.

[...]

Alright then. I'll blame the Mandela effect. Still doesn't make it any less stupid. If you've contributed enough to get the chest to spawn, you should be eligible to also get a plunder skull/jubilee box. That we can work around it by going to less densly populated zones doesn't excuse that it's still bad design at the end of the day.
    ZOS wanted people to tackle these incursions in big groups but now we are getting punished for being in big groups?
    Make it make sense.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Welcome to life in an MMO... where you can't always do whatever you want, when you want, because you always share the world with others.

And for what other MMO activity is that the case? I know people had to "roll for loot" back in the days of World of Warcraft (and they still do that over there I think), but nobody seriously thinks rolling for loot is a good thing.
    Outside of competitions, not being able to do whatever you want whenever you want in a >GAME< is stupid and disrespectful of your time. So unless celebrating ESO's anniversary is somehow a competition now...
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah... then I won't take my lower lvl characters to dolmens. Don't have the time to bother with that if I don't have a chance at the box...
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dolmens have zone options, but you're stuck with one zone for geysers. Even in a group, no drops from boss and I rarely even saw there was a boss. I'm hoping it thins out later in the event, and will try again.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah... then I won't take my lower lvl characters to dolmens. Don't have the time to bother with that if I don't have a chance at the box...
    Just go somewhere other than alikr like Deshaan or Shadowfen. Alikr is always crazy
    Soupy twist
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope that ZoS considers changing... ...only giving drops to the top ~12 or so...

You mean like it was happening before with a lot of players doing nothing, leeching completelly from the other players killing stuff and they doing one light attack or nothing at all?

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope that ZoS considers changing... ...only giving drops to the top ~12 or so...

You mean like it was happening before with a lot of players doing nothing, leeching completely from the other players killing stuff, while they were doing one light attack or nothing at all and then collecting the underserved juicy rewards?

Nah! Leave it as it is now (there's a reason why it was changed).

Edited by Dragonnord on April 6, 2024 11:55AM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »

You mean like it was happening before with a lot of players doing nothing, leeching completely from the other players killing stuff, while they were doing one light attack or nothing at all and then collecting the underserved juicy rewards?

Nah! Leave it as it is now (there's a reason why it was changed).

You don't have to do much of anything now. This 3% hasn't changed since. If anyone participates, whether it's just a light attack, they should get rewards.
    f46hbxplgow8.jpg
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To loot a boss you need to do 3% and be top 12 dps/hps.To get credit for quests or chest at end(shell trove,etc) at certain bosses,just need to do any damage to the boss,even if you can't loot boss.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To loot a boss you need to do 3% and be top 12 dps/hps.To get credit for quests or chest at end(shell trove,etc) at certain bosses,just need to do any damage to the boss,even if you can't loot boss.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    K... try light attacking a boss at one of these busy dolmens or geysers and tell me if you can loot its corpse. Hint: you can't.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on April 6, 2024 2:59PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There is also a cap on the number of players who get loot, though, in addition to the 3% minimum damage requirement:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/39750
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The system is fine as it is. No need for changing the rules and trivializing the game further.

If there are too many players around we need more instances/shards of that specific zone, because it is already overcrowded.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put ground damage over time skills on the spot where the npc spawns that way you don't need to actually target the npc for damage to get done.

Personally, I'm using my Necromancer for doing them.

Necrotic Potency provides enough ult from all the dead npcs so that getting ult for each time isn't that hard. Colossus doesn't need a target and hits multiple times so if you get close on timing one of them should hit.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Put ground damage over time skills on the spot where the npc spawns that way you don't need to actually target the npc for damage to get done.

Personally, I'm using my Necromancer for doing them.

Necrotic Potency provides enough ult from all the dead npcs so that getting ult for each time isn't that hard. Colossus doesn't need a target and hits multiple times so if you get close on timing one of them should hit.

Ground dots hit only once every second (or every other, if you’re using Ritual) and do notoriously low damage, especially without group buffs. They are a good way to get tags for the chest/shell trove but are not reliable for bosses.

In Alik’r you have bosses dying so fast they do not stay on the ground long enough for a ground dot to tick. For some bosses their health bar never even showed up. I saw this repeatedly yesterday.

Menta Na died in under a second. To get credit on that boss you’d have to have done 7.4k damage in that time and have been within the cap of players who get loot.

Using jabs (a non-targeted spammable) I got over 7.4k in but didn’t get loot. Fortunately I was primarily after the chest, not the boss, but it’s a case that shows the futility of trying to go for boss loot when the incursion is over-crowded. The only solution for those wanting boss loot is to go elsewhere.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame that they put the boxes into the bosses instead of the chests. Out of the 68 times I have killed a Dolmen, I got the box 66 times. But those two times that I didn't get a box and nothing from the chest because I didn't get the style page either definitely made the already tedious grind feel way worse.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 6, 2024 6:00PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »
    The system is fine as it is. No need for changing the rules and trivializing the game further.

If there are too many players around we need more instances/shards of that specific zone, because it is already overcrowded.

What are you even talking about? "Trivializing the game". Yeah right. This is about the loot eligibility for event content. Nobody wants dolmens to be nerfed lol.
    Suppose the 3% thing is correct, considering there are plenty of people precasting their destruction staff ultimates to essentially oneshot the boss, even if theoretically 33 people could all contribute to dealing 3% of its max HP as damage, if the top players overshoot those 3% significantly (and they do) that's a lot less than 33 people getting loot. But what if there are more than 33 people around because there is an event going on?
    Why is this system perfectly capable of giving chest loot to all these players but unable to give gift boxes to 34 players as well?

Considering more shards and instances are also going to cost the developers money, because that involves a hardware solution as far as I understand it, and since this issue only pops up for temporary event content, go and convince them that this needs to be done. You won't get far with that, I promise you.
    Putting the gift boxes in the chest is the easiest solution by far, because the server can already handle the load of players. Making multiple new shards just so more people can get loot is a waste of money.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on April 6, 2024 6:06PM