Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Dolmen aren't dropping Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes

Ratzkifal
Ratzkifal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The title says it all. This is what the article says:
7jum0kp9w0er.png
Fix it. People are not getting their jubilee boxes while trying to get that Staff of Worms Replica outfit page. I've been at it in Alik'r desert for hours now and it's bad enough of a grind as it is, but I haven't gotten a single jubilee box. I haven't checked, but I would assume it's the same with the Geysers in Summerset.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

Edit: So apparently people are saying that the boxes drop from the boss that spawns at the dolmen and not the chest, and that you need to deal a certain amount of damage to be eligible for loot. If that's the case then I suppose it's not bugged or broken, it's just stupid and unfun design. I'd still want this to be fixed but considering similar issues have been ignored for over 3 years now I'm not getting my hopes up anymore.
Tl;dr: Go to an empty zone and do the dolmens there and then you should get boxes again, because ZOS thinks only the players with the most DPS deserve event loot.
Edited by Ratzkifal on April 5, 2024 7:32PM
This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The overland incursions aren't dropping boxes either this year for me.
    PS NA.
    Edited by Four_Fingers on April 5, 2024 5:35PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The final dolmen boss drops the boxes.

So unless you are one of the top damage dealers of the players there, you won't get the box.

You can see this by going to somewhere other than Alik'r. Alik'r you are competing with like 100+ players for that loot drop.
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

This is it. They did not make that clear. Alikir is about the worst place to farm during peak hours at. Managed an hour there levelling a new character and got 1 box.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As jaws mentioned, this is unfortunately working as intended.

I do hope that ZoS considers changing this to allow those with lower DPS to fully participate in events in the future.

Funneling hundreds of players to the same place and then only giving drops to the top ~12 or so iirc is not a recipe for enjoyment.

It's really bad at the Summerset geysers right now, but at least with dolmens you should be able to get a box by running them in a less-busy zone. Make sure you attempt to damage the final boss.

EDIT to add info: For box farming, harrowstorms are probably the best bet as the final boss isn't lootable and the box will drop from the "chest" (actually a pile of ash... lol, but the thing you loot at the end). Pretty sure the high isle / galen volcanic vents also work this way.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on April 5, 2024 5:51PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OsUfi wrote: »

This is it. They did not make that clear. Alikir is about the worst place to farm during peak hours at. Managed an hour there levelling a new character and got 1 box.

Alikr is great to farm the style page, since that drops from the chest. I found Deshaan to be the best spot to far boxes if I were to farm them from dolmens.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So unless you are one of the top damage dealers of the players there, you won't get the box.

You can see this by going to somewhere other than Alik'r. Alik'r you are competing with like 100+ players for that loot drop.

It says "completing an incursion event" rewards you with boxes. I understand that as "the box is in the chest at the end of the dolmen", not "the final boss drops the box". So if you are elligible to loot that chest, you should get that box. I heard that the final boss is the one dropping the style page, which is kind of messed up in its own way if true, but that's a different matter.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

It says "completing an incursion event" rewards you with boxes. I understand that as "the box is in the chest at the end of the dolmen", not "the final boss drops the box". So if you are elligible to loot that chest, you should get that box. I heard that the final boss is the one dropping the style page, which is kind of messed up in its own way if true, but that's a different matter.

The final boss only drops the box. The chest drops the style page.

Technically, killing the final boss is completing the incursion event. It is one of two lootable things at the end of a dolmen the boss and the chest.
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I strongly approve the drone play of Alikir Dolmens not giving rewards. I should probably keep the rest of my opinion to myself so the mods don't slap me.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay then, so this is just another example of the mess that was Shadowfen when Blackwood launched. ZOS still hasn't learned that lesson almost 3 years later.

Write this down devs,
    if you give people a reason to flock to an activity via extra incentives (aka loot), make sure that there isn't a bottleneck in place that makes it so the majority of participants are wasting their time while only the a dozent people or so end up with said loot.

If you don't learn that lesson, people will instead play games that did.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay then, so this is just another example of the mess that was Shadowfen when Blackwood launched. ZOS still hasn't learned that lesson almost 3 years later.

Write this down devs,
    if you give people a reason to flock to an activity via extra incentives (aka loot), make sure that there isn't a bottleneck in place that makes it so the majority of participants are wasting their time while only the a dozent people or so end up with said loot.

Not sure what people expect flocking to Alik'r though. Literally just jumping into a perpetual bottle neck.

Like, you go literally to any other dolmen and there are like 10-20 players max in other zones. Maybe even far less in more "arduous" zones.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JavaRen wrote: »
    Well, I strongly approve the drone play of Alikir Dolmens not giving rewards. I should probably keep the rest of my opinion to myself so the mods don't slap me.

How about you stop judging people for playing the game how they want. How is grinding any incursion event not "drone play" as well? The only difference in Alik'r is that the wayshrines are placed well and people actually group up.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on April 5, 2024 5:59PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Write this down devs,

Not sure what people expect flocking to Alik'r though. Literally just jumping into a perpetual bottle neck.

Like, you go literally to any other dolmen and there are like 10-20 players max in other zones. Maybe even far less in more "arduous" zones.

I think people expect ZOS to make the event work regardless of the number of participants lol. People are doing the dolmens. That's what ZOS wanted. So now they get punished for it by gate keeping the loot for the top% of damage dealers? Lmao.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, I noticed that I had Fungal Grotto 1 on one of my chars. Soloed that and didn't get the box on killing the final boss, but I did get it when turning it in.

I don't know what would happen if you just run through it without having the undaunted quest for it...
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I think I did top damage as I was solo. lol
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Write this down devs,

I think people expect ZOS to make the event work regardless of the number of participants lol. People are doing the dolmens. That's what ZOS wanted. So now they get punished for it by gate keeping the loot for the top% of damage dealers? Lmao.

You mean, the loot drop working as it always has worked, including even in events that are even more pointed towards these types of encounters.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What percentage of participants get the boxes? I spent an hour in Summerset and got a grand total of one box. Lost connection a few times. Thankfully I finally found the style page in the shell trove. But overall it wasn't an experience I'm keen to repeat.

With 16M health, the dragons are far more fun for events like these.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Write this down devs,

You mean, the loot drop working as it always has worked, including even in events that are even more pointed towards these types of encounters.

Are you sure plunder skulls aren't dropping in that chest at the end of the dolmen?
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is a HUGE FLAW!

Getting enough damage is hard with such large groups. What a waste!

It should be tied to the chest, not the boss.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The loot limit has always seemed like an intentional thing to prevent bot farming. So it's fine IMO, there are a lot of other zones to farm dolmens in. Auridon and Deshaan are just as efficient as Alik'r--not sure how crowded they are at the moment.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The loot limit has always seemed like an intentional thing to prevent bot farming. So it's fine IMO, there are a lot of other zones to farm dolmens in. Auridon and Deshaan are just as efficient as Alik'r--not sure how crowded they are at the moment.

While this is a decent point about the dolmens, there are no alternate locations for geysers. And the event has been specifically designed to funnel people to these events. To then punish them for engaging with the event because bots is... not a good design imo.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on April 5, 2024 7:53PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No it is not.

It harms normal players as well. A better solution is needed. Nuking rewards for regular players is not a good thing.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When the game has unfun design because of bots, then the bots are the issue that needs to be addressed. I'd rather solve a captcha every time I log in than have stupid artificial limits like these which discriminate against healers and tanks.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is kind of annoying, for dolmens i just went to less populated zones and was able to regularly get the boxes, cant really do that with geysers though as only 1 zones has those
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    What percentage of participants get the boxes? I spent an hour in Summerset and got a grand total of one box. Lost connection a few times. Thankfully I finally found the style page in the shell trove. But overall it wasn't an experience I'm keen to repeat.

It's not even a percentage, it's a fixed number (think 12 top dps but could remember it wrong). At least when using a percentage it would scale when there are more people. :disappointed:
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

When the game has unfun design because of bots, then the bots are the issue that needs to be addressed. I'd rather solve a captcha every time I log in than have stupid artificial limits like these which discriminate against healers and tanks.

I wouldn't. I hate being forced with many modern captchas. Do some work to minimize the abuse at least in the "normal" use case.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    loosej wrote: »
    BretonMage wrote: »

It's not even a percentage, it's a fixed number (think 12 top dps but could remember it wrong). At least when using a percentage it would scale when there are more people. :disappointed:

No wonder I often fail to make the boss lootable.

A real pain if you are trying to level skills that don't do large amounts of damage, or the crowd melts them down before you can blink.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OsUfi wrote: »

They didn't need to make it clear, reward boxes have always dropped from the final boss, never from the chest.
  • Sync01
    Sync01
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a limit of 12 players, but it's not the top 12 parses - it's top dps and top healing.
    I don't know if there's a set amount that goes to healers but I def have an easier time getting loot as a healer than a dd.

• belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same for heals as DPS,atleast 3% damage/heals and top 12.If you do atleast 1% damage you get credit for killing boss so quests complete,but might not get to loot since there's the 3% and top 12 thing.So for dolmens,if you hit the boss once you can get chest at end,same for other world events like harrow,geyser,volcanic vents.
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think I've had a single Anniversary box from a Geyser. Always get access to the shell at the end though.
    Do Geyser bosses drop anything?