Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Dolmen aren't dropping Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »
    Nonetheless it's not a reason to alter this game's general loot conditions while not adressing the original problem itself: the overcrowded place..

Spinning up more instances works for this event. Changing other world events to work like dragons future proofs all events. 12 people already trivializes all dolmens. Dolmens are a joke. They are beyond easy. They are tutorial content.

There is no challenge being preserved and their old concern about botting these things really doesn't do anything but hurt players. Bots are just going to farm mats anyway.

They don't make many changes to old content but they definitely should in this case IMO.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2024 5:54PM
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are multiple instances of Summerset and Vvardenfell, but it's simply a fact 90%+ of players there are doing the same content. To "fix" this, they'd have to lower the number of players per zone for these for the duration of the event, but that could screw over players if they hit a "bad" instance where more people don't do the event, I guess.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Nonetheless it's not a reason to alter this game's general loot conditions while not adressing the original problem itself: the overcrowded place..

Spinning up more instances works for this event. Changing other world events to work like dragons future proofs all events. 12 people already trivializes all dolmens. Dolmens are a joke. They are beyond easy. They are tutorial content.

There is no challenge being preserved and their old concern about botting these things really doesn't do anything but hurt players. Bots are just going to farm mats anyway.

They don't make many changes to old content but they definitely should in this case IMO.

I didn't say "it's not difficult enough" (of course it's not, but that's not the point), but: "It's broken.".

Bosses dying without becoming even visible aren't easy, but non-existent. You practically don't know what you loot, if you are the commonly presented "newer player".

Jokes aside, content is created for a targeted number of players, someplace more strict (=instances), someplace more freely (=open world). The latter parts are designed for arange of players. In eso that's usually 1-12. Good players can solo said content while the worst intended scenario is having to bring 12 people to achieve your goals. Everything below the latter is excluded by loot restrictions.

Another point: Event participation isn't mandatory. What's about players, which are interested in doing a Vvardenfell WB or Summerset Geysir? Do they have to wait for the event to end before they are allowed to experience the content they paid for? That's the case at present. Because there aren't enough shards, not because there aren't enough shinies.

This system is fine (and necessary to manage player local distribution) as long as you don't direct hundreds of players in the same locations at the same time. The latter is the issue and has to be corrected, not supported.

On a sidenote: Probably devs expected the style pages being BoP would be sufficient to evenly distribute the playerbase over the timespawn of the event. They should read the forums more. They would've know better then.
    Edited by Braffin on April 7, 2024 6:30PM
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entire point of the overland is to give all players a place they can do things together without needing to be in a formal group, guild, or friends list. This is why the events regularly direct traffic to specific zones. The looting rules should support that.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The entire point of the overland is to give all players a place they can do things together without needing to be in a formal group, guild, or friends list. This is why the events regularly direct traffic to specific zones. The looting rules should support that.

There is no need to be in a formal group to randomly meet at an incursion. You in fact can play it together without doing so.

There is also a maximum amount of supported participants based on the amount of players the content is designed for.

The looting rules already support both (even if powercreep got out of hand meanwhile).

Opening up additional shards doesn't enforce formal grouping nor does it prevent playing together with random mates. It simply solves the issue of locations being overcrowded while everything else is staying as usual.

Most Precious Anniversary Boxes for everyone and actually visible and fightable bosses for everyone aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, ya know?

---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no need to be in a formal group to randomly meet at an incursion. You in fact can play it together without doing so.

I just love when my own point is explained back to me like I don't know it. /S
    There is also a maximum amount of supported participants based on the amount of players the content is designed for.

The content is designed for the entire shard to be able to participate. Events are designed around exactly that. But the loot is designed for a small number.
    The looting rules already support both (even if powercreep got out of hand meanwhile).

They don't. Which is why this is a problem every time they try to use the space specifically designed for mass play for events.... which require mass play. Overland is designed for mass play.
    Opening up additional shards doesn't enforce formal grouping nor does it prevent playing together with random mates. It simply solves the issue of locations being overcrowded while everything else is staying as usual.

It does not solve the issue of overcrowding unless the restrict the server to 12 people.
    Most Precious Anniversary Boxes for everyone and actually visible and fightable bosses for everyone aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, ya know?

They are when the cap is so low that a single friend group can kill the whole rest of the server's ability to loot. Notably, there is way less of these complaints during the dragon fighting events. Because they removed the cap.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2024 8:13PM
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @spartaxoxo
    I just love when my own point is explained back to me like I don't know it. /S

See, we don't disagree on this. Neither of us thinks that formal grouping has anything to do with this topic. I also wondered why you stated that explicitely.
    The content is designed for the entire shard to be able to participate. Events are designed around exactly that. But the loot is designed for a small number.

If the content were designed this way we wouldn't have this discussion, would we?
    It isn't tho: Most Precious Anniversary Boxes are looted from an incursion's boss while the exclusive style pages are very rewarded by the incursion's lootbox. That's not an oversight, but design on purpose. You are simply not entitled to earn a guaranteed Most Precious Anniversary Box while going after the style pages, because zos is interested in spread players out at least somewhat. You finding that system personally inconvenient while farming doesn't change this system being functional and expedient.
    They don't. Which is why this is a problem every time they try to use the space specifically designed for mass play for events.... which require mass play. Overland is designed for mass play.

So you think it's intended for incursion bosses to be defeated before they even became visible? Interesting take.

No, overland incursions aren't made for more than 12 players. Their stats, their lifespan and also their loot rules reflect that.
    It does not solve the issue of overcrowding unless the restrict the server to 12 people.

Once again: Nobody is entitled to participate in incursions and WB-encounters which are already full. There are enough of them around. I did the unfinished one today with 2 randoms then moved on and soloed (!) the crows. 2 MPAB in less than 10 minutes.

There is nothing to complain except one feels entitled to earn guaranteed MPAB while going after something else even more precious.
    ---
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the content were designed this way we wouldn't have this discussion, would we?

We would because it's poorly designed. There is no other reasonable explanation as to why ZOS allows players to do the content en masse, and actively and purposefully incentives that behavior, than they want it to be something for the masses to come together on.
    You finding that system personally inconvenient while farming doesn't change this system being functional and expedient

I have already submitted video proving that this has no impact on my personal ability to get boxes. At this point, this is just ad-hominem.
    So you think it's intended for incursion bosses to be defeated before they even became visible? Interesting take.

No, overland incursions aren't made for more than 12 players. Their stats, their lifespan and also their loot rules reflect that.

Incorrect. Their stats were created a long time ago and simply never updated. New incursions don't follow these rules because they are not conducive to what overland incursions are meant to be. An uncontrolled environment where group sizes can be any number of players.

If they were meant for groups of particular size limits, they would be instanced.
    Once again: Nobody is entitled to participate in incursions and WB-encounters which are already full.

They are not full. They are specifically designed allow everyone to participate. There is no limits imposed on the number of players that participate. Only on the number of players rewarded for their participation. That is an explicit design choice. Players wanting to be rewarded for effort they put in can be defined as entitlement by some. Players wanting a product to work as it is advertised is entitlement to some. I can't say I'd ever share that perspective.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2024 8:53PM
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We would because it's poorly designed. There is no other reasonable explanation as to why ZOS allows players to do the content en masse, and actively and purposefully incentives that behavior, than they want it to be something for the masses to come together on.

But you can go for the style pages in large amounts. You may bring the whole shard for that. But you don't are intended to do so for MPAB at style page locations.

It makes perfectly sense, that at this specific loot locations the chances for MPAB are the worst. Simply because people should go elsewhere for them.
    ---
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you can go for the style pages in large amounts. You may bring the whole shard for that. But you don't are intended to do so for MPAB at style page locations.

It makes perfectly sense, that at this specific loot locations the chances for MPAB are the worst. Simply because people should go elsewhere for them.

It doesn't make sense. I can literally go to a different incursion, play the exact same way, and get loot.

It's not a design of the boxes. It is the design of outdated loot rules that have only been partially updated through the creation of new incursions that don't have the same restrictive rules.

They literally tell people to go to the geysers in their news page of the event. And then when they go, it's not actually built to accommodate them. And players can't just choose to be on a different shard.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2024 8:56PM
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You finding that system personally inconvenient while farming doesn't change this system being functional and expedient

I have already submitted video proving that this has no impact on my personal ability to get boxes. At this point, this is just ad-hominem.

Incorrect. Their stats were created a long time ago and simply never updated. New incursions don't follow these rules because they are not conducive to what overland incursions are meant to be. An uncontrolled environment where group sizes can be any number of players.

If they were meant for groups of particular size limits, they would be instanced.
    Once again: Nobody is entitled to participate in incursions and WB-encounters which are already full.

They are not full. They are specifically designed allow everyone to participate. There is no limits imposed on the number of players that participate. Only on the number of players rewarded for their participation. That is an explicit design choice. Players wanting to be rewarded for effort they put in can be defined as entitlement by some. Players wanting a product to work as it is advertised is entitlement to some. I can't say I'd ever share that perspective.

That is outright a lie.

Every single participant of the incursion is viable to loot the respecitve incursion chest and earn the designated rewards. MPAB just aren't part of that loot table but belong to the boss. That's not an accident but works as intended.
    ---
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is outright a lie.

Every single participant of the incursion is viable to loot the respecitve incursion chest and earn the designated rewards. MPAB just aren't part of that loot table but belong to the boss. That's not an accident but works as intended.

That is not a lie. There is no limit on the people who can participate on the bosses. There is no instance full notification. Nothing that prevents them from attacking the boss. No in-game warnings declaring a boss full.

There is no limit imposed on who gets to participate in the killing of the bosses, only on the people who are awarded for their participation.

That is the explicit design choice. Everyone gets to participate in the boss. But not everyone will be rewarded for their participation.

Our conversation was very clearly about the bosses and not the chest. I very obviously was not talking about the chest when I said that. Lie of omission right there. Very convenient to leave out we were talking about the bosses and my post was clearly about the bosses at the incursions when pretending that was a lie.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2024 9:03PM
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't make sense. I can literally go to a different incursion, play the exact same way, and get loot.

It's not a design of the boxes. It is the design of outdated loot rules that have only been partially updated through the creation of new incursions that don't have the same restrictive rules.

They literally tell people to go to the geysers in their news page of the event. And then when they go, it's not actually built to accommodate them. And players can't just choose to be on a different shard.

It makes perfectly sense:

if players > 12 = standard loot + possible MPAB
    if players <= 12 = standard loot + guaranteed MPAB

There is not enough space available at specific hotspots currently tho. That's why more shards are the solution.
    ---
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completing any Incursion event, such as a Dark Anchor, Abyssal Geyser, Bastion Nymic, or similar

Last I checked this fantasy less than 12 players should attack a geyser is not advertised. Nor do players have a consistent way to control this.

They literally even anchors and geysers as their first suggestions. Because they want to funnel most people into those for the special loot.

The loot cap has nothing to do with the event. It predates the event is and is likely just an anti-botting measure
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2024 9:07PM
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is outright a lie.

That is not a lie. There is no limit on the people who can participate on the bosses. There is no instance full notification. Nothing that prevents them from attacking the boss. No in-game warnings declaring a boss full.

There is:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/39750

They say so rather officially on their homepage.

---
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is outright a lie.

There is:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/39750

They say so rather officially on their homepage.

They say their is a cap to receiving loot. Not to participating.

As I explicitly stated. There is no cap on participation, only on who is rewarded for their participation. You will notice they do not anywhere state that players should move along if they see more than 12 people at these.
    There is no limits imposed on the number of players that participate. Only on the number of players rewarded for their participation.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2024 9:10PM
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Completing any Incursion event, such as a Dark Anchor, Abyssal Geyser, Bastion Nymic, or similar

Last I checked this fantasy less than 12 players should attack a geyser is not advertised. Nor do players have a consistent way to control this.

They literally even anchors and geysers as their first suggestions. Because they want to funnel most people into those for the special loot.

The loot cap has nothing to do with the event. It predates the event is and is likely just an anti-botting measure

I think you read a bit too much into the sequence of an enumeration in a news-article (besides it's their second suggestion after daily crafting writs to be exact). If they intended this reaction, it at least failed me.

The rules are clear nonetheless:

if players > 12 = standard loot + possible MPAB
    if players <= 12 = standard loot + guaranteed MPAB

While doing Vvardenfell WBs, Summerset incursions or Dolmen:
    standard loot = standard loot + possible style page

So basically you have to choose between guaranteed style page chance and guaranteed MPAB. You can't just have both.
    ---
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have both. It's nice. I wish others the same.

I wish that when ZOS tells people they can go to geysers to get boxes, they actually could! But I guess I'm just entitled for wanting other people participating in the same content as me, and putting in the same effort as me, to get the same reward as me.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2024 9:37PM
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe stupid question, but MPAB?
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Never thought I would say Diablo IV did something better, but, Diablo IV did world bosses better. They're instanced and once 12 people are there, a new instance is created. So you never don't get loot. Revolutionary concept.

Overworld content in ESO actually works the very same way, including multiple smaller sub-zones/phases within. Except it allows more than 12 players to approach boss areas. We could experience it first hand on Thursday. Our group of 12 was all together on boss 1, we ran to boss 2 (no porting) and only half of us entered the same phase, the other half was invisible (in another phase).

Oh, I know ESO does it. They just do it worse. Because you still end up with people not getting loot because ZoS wants overland to feel populated but the WB locations aren't separately instanced so there are more than 12 there.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    Maybe stupid question, but MPAB?

"Most Precious Anniversary Boxes"

It's what Braffin nicknamed the jubilee event boxes.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Tying the special box to the boss and not the Dolmen was a decision ZOS made. As if the drop rate was too high....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    The title says it all. This is what the article says:
    7jum0kp9w0er.png
    Fix it. People are not getting their jubilee boxes while trying to get that Staff of Worms Replica outfit page. I've been at it in Alik'r desert for hours now and it's bad enough of a grind as it is, but I haven't gotten a single jubilee box. I haven't checked, but I would assume it's the same with the Geysers in Summerset.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

Edit: So apparently people are saying that the boxes drop from the boss that spawns at the dolmen and not the chest, and that you need to deal a certain amount of damage to be eligible for loot. If that's the case then I suppose it's not bugged or broken, it's just stupid and unfun design. I'd still want this to be fixed but considering similar issues have been ignored for over 3 years now I'm not getting my hopes up anymore.
    Tl;dr: Go to an empty zone and do the dolmens there and then you should get boxes again, because ZOS thinks only the players with the most DPS deserve event loot.

As many have pointed out, only the top 12 damage dealers on the FINAL boss get to loot him and receive a Jubilee box. Same for Geysers.

They changed this when Dragons came out and for group events after that but have never gone back and changed it on the existing events like dolmens and geysers.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mine have been but I've been running a new acct, new character. Seems like last year they only dropped if it was a General that you had not already defeated, then you got a box.

My new character has definitely been getting boxes, but only done about 5 dolmens. One had a Trio of Generals and it showed box x3 on the loot drop.

:#
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Never thought I would say Diablo IV did something better, but, Diablo IV did world bosses better. They're instanced and once 12 people are there, a new instance is created. So you never don't get loot. Revolutionary concept.

I was thinking exactly the same! Problem is, will ZOS do it or still be focused on doing more useless Crown Store items?
  • ShadowPaladin
    ShadowPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not know why people are still saying that *only the top 12 damage dealers on the FINAL boss get to loot him* in regards to dolmen and geyser bosses. As far as I am aware this only applies to certain bosses. For dolmens and geysers its the *do 3% of the HP from the boss/mob/npc as damage and you will get loot*. "alternatelder" did post this on the 2nd page of this thread.

And just in case. Let me say the following thing.

I am most certainly NOT one of the top damage dealers. I am a casual player who does manage to do a good amount of damage. Still, I do manage to get loot from the final dolmen and geyser bosses. Even during this event, with all the people doing geysers. Though, I do admit that I don't manage to get loot from the final geysers boss everytime. But if I manage to time my attacks so that the server-system recognizes them BEFORE the hoard does its attacks, I do get the loot and that THOUGH I am only doing something around 5-8% of the bosses HP as damage!!!

From my point of view the problem why most of the players don't get loot from, for example, the final geyser boss is that with 30+ or 40+ players and all the attacks and damage done, the boss is killed within 2-3 secs. In that timeframe (2-3 sec) most of the attacks done by players won't hit the target in time, because the server-system and the system behind it can't compute all the data so fast and in the order players do think that they have done their attacks. There are soft- and hardware limitations which do lead to a *first come, first served* processing. Which then will lead to the fact that only some players will be able to loot the boss.

In theory we could/should make a test/experiment with 24 players, with the same class and same equipment, only doing light attacks on a geyser boss with 1,8mio HP (most of them have around that amount). Theoretically the damage done should be nearly the same for all players. They all should manage to get past the 3% threshold (for 1,8mio HP it is 54k+) . With that all players should be able to loot that boss when its killed.

Would be interesting to see the results :) .

• Eliza Godhater
    Eliza Godhater
    ✭✭✭
    I’m just going to make it clear that I am not enjoying this event. It is beyond frustrating that I’ve been running dolmans, bosses in Vvardenfell, and geysers with no luck getting the style pages to drop. I did get the sword page fishing.
    Why would ZOS turn the percentage down so far on the other pages. I’d like to be able to finish this page farming and move on to more productive ways of enjoying the festival instead of this seemingly unending exercise in frustration.
    Xbox NA
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m just going to make it clear that I am not enjoying this event. It is beyond frustrating that I’ve been running dolmans, bosses in Vvardenfell, and geysers with no luck getting the style pages to drop. I did get the sword page fishing.
    Why would ZOS turn the percentage down so far on the other pages. I’d like to be able to finish this page farming and move on to more productive ways of enjoying the festival instead of this seemingly unending exercise in frustration.
    Xbox NA

I am going to guess that the drop rate is actually the same.

The difference is the oppurtunity to drop is increased for fishing. Since 1 fishing hole has like 10+ casts or so in it, you get significantly more chances at the drop for fishing in a period of time than you do for the other events. Like, 2-3 mins for a dolmen for one drop attempt is like 20-30 fishing attempts.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to cut to the point I think;

It’s not the players fault a zone might be crowded during an event. Excluding people from getting an award due to overcrowding is not fun gameplay.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I did an crow daily got an gold box but no event tickets.
    OsUfi wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    The final dolmen boss drops the boxes.

This is it. They did not make that clear. Alikir is about the worst place to farm during peak hours at. Managed an hour there levelling a new character and got 1 box.
    At low level you are likely doing low damage too.
    I prefer Aurdion for dolmens, shorts distances fewer people but you are not soloing them either so more enemies.
    You probably get more xp as you also get xp for killed enemies, work better if you lay down aoe to touch them.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.