Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

PVPers who kill Questers

• LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leave them alone. Under no circumstances should a PVP player kill someone just doing a quest.
    Xandreia_ wrote: »
    its pvp, if people aren't willing to pvp in the only event we have then thats on them, suck it up or wait for the next pve event :)

it's not on them when participating in the event is the only way to earn event tickets :)
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a biased and rather pointless poll in my opinion.

There's no way for people to smell why someone's in the area. So of course they consider anyone not in their alliance a potential challenge. You're on a PvP map, what do you expect to happen? And do you really thing that people will remember the name of the player they killed? Why should they unless said person has the 'former emperor' title above their heads? It's just another kill, nothing more.

It’s OP poll, they can be as biased as they want to be? If you don’t like the poll make your own.

This community’s obessesion in jumping in polls just to describe why the polls bad is astounding.
    Options
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My PvP honor code:

"I promise that upon entering an in-game environment where players of opposing teams can engage me in combat, I will refrain from making any negative verbal comments about the time, place or manner in which they do"

Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill the questor as many times as they see them. All people on the other factions are fair game.
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    If you go to flip a town because it currently belongs to another faction, then all other faction players in the area must die for the town flags to flip quickly. However, I wouldn't just go to a town to kill questers... that sounds like something a dishonest nightblade would do! XD

How dare you!
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a regular PvP player and don't attack unless my keep or being attacked myself during Mayhem.
    That being said I have yet to see anyone regular on my faction camping quest turn in spots.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill the questor as many times as they see them. All people on the other factions are fair game.
    If you have a different colored badge over your head, and you are in the same spot as I am, I am going to try to kill you in PVP zones. I really don't care if you are questing, you are in a pvp zone.

And the risk of letting someone just run free and turn around and stab me or my faction in the back at the first opportunity isn't worth the risk.
    Options
  • Renan
    Renan
    ✭✭✭
    I love the questers so much. Especially when they stack harder in the same spot <3
    Champion Rank 3100 == (PC/NA)
    Evil ßæ - Lvl 50 Magicka Nightblade - EP ßaby Ðont Gank Me - Lvl 50 Stamina Dragonknight - EP That Cat Behind You - Lvl 50 Stamina Nightblade - EP Run You Fools - Lvl 50 Stamina Warden -EP R E N A N - Lvl 50 Stamina Nightblade (Main) - EP How Do I Leave Cyrodiil - - Lvl 50 Stamina Nightblade - EP The Fall Damage - Lvl 50 Sorcerer - EP ßackstreak ßoys - Lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer -EP Renan Daemon - Lvl 50 Stamina Arcanist - EP and others 9 EP toons Flawless Conqueror Master Angler Tamriel Hero Grand Overlord Spirit Slayer Godslayer Ad DC and EP Former Emperor Player Since 2014
    Options
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entire culture of PvP in ESO revolves around stomping players that are worse/less experienced than you. Killing questers is just a version of that.
    Options
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave them alone. Under no circumstances should a PVP player kill someone just doing a quest.
    I leave them alone unless their name irritates me. I've outgrown the pleasure derived from griefing when I was 16 or so.
    Options
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what else the quester is, or may be doing, because I've left people be too many times only for them to then try kill me from behind the moment I turn my attention elsewhere.

A good/decent PvEer hits HARD even if they are squishy, so if I'm alone I might not be comfortable leaving them behind me to parse me down the moment I turn my back.

But if I see an under 50 and they make no move to bother me, then I usually feel annoyed if anyone kills them.

Options
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I just want a PvE cyrodiil at this point. Hate this stupid event.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
    Options
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you enter a PVP zone, expect to be killed. Bottom line, no complaints. That is just how it is.
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kill the person doing the quest, but if they see them again, let them pass and leave them be
    Outside siege battles I won't kill an enemy player more than once, unless they are asking me to do so (by attacking me after respawning for example). Most of the time I don't attack other players at all in Cyro's "outskirts", unless forced to do so.

I won't specifically avoid killing a quester once tho. It's a PvP-zone after all.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    Options
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Xandreia_ wrote: »
    its pvp, if people aren't willing to pvp in the only event we have then thats on them, suck it up or wait for the next pve event :)

it's not on them when participating in the event is the only way to earn event tickets :)

2 events out of god knows how many. yet for some reason the pvp event is the one that gets the majority of the hate, put up with possibly dying or go pick some flowers <3
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezhh wrote: »
    Depends on what else the quester is, or may be doing, because I've left people be too many times only for them to then try kill me from behind the moment I turn my attention elsewhere.

A good/decent PvEer hits HARD even if they are squishy, so if I'm alone I might not be comfortable leaving them behind me to parse me down the moment I turn my back.

But if I see an under 50 and they make no move to bother me, then I usually feel annoyed if anyone kills them.

For me, it comes down to this: if I am in a PVE questing location in Cyrodil, I am there as a PVP player doing the PVE quests. So, if I am not also looking at any potential enemies as exactly the same thing, then I am opening myself up to being attacked unaware or unprepared.

And if I am in a flaggable town, I really don't care if you think you are there PVEing, you are literally on a PVP objective.
    Options
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the "camp towns and quest points to grief anyone who so looks at the pve objectives" option?
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many PvPer that you encounter in IC or Cyro adhere to this honor code?
    I'd say a tiny minority.

It is not the occasional griefing that drives players away. It is the constant griefing.

I've been there many times quite obviously doing the quests and nothing else. Still these players have one sole idea in their head: Kill that one irrespective if this player is outnumbered 1:2 or 1:4

And let's not talk about the spawn campers in IC that cloak themselves and jump on people jumping down from their spawn place.
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had an occasion where an ep ball camped the ad spawnpoint. lol. So we are expected to jump down, lose some health upon hitting ground and then be smashed to pieces by some ep ball group.
    Options
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    option 5 like overland we have an option to not accidentally kill civilians, have a pvp or quest option with a really long cooldown and split the maps too. i am betting there would be a higher population in the pve zones at all times
    Edited by Daoin on February 22, 2024 4:17PM
    Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my early days in PvP I once stood aside while an enemy turned in his quest, intentionally adopting a non-threatening stance (no weapon drawn), before doing the same myself.

They turned round and jumped me without a moment's hesitation.

Lesson learnt.

I hate gankers, just don't understand the mentality, but the only safe enemy is a dead one.
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well these PvP Players now have a game mode that is mostly empty and only fills up during events. I used to play cyro campains quite a lot and enjoyed it a few years ago.

And I am not yet even talking about the toxic chat in cyro campains more often than not.

Now I only do the minimal to do the dailies during an event, turn one quest in per day to get the voucher and go back to PvE.

Congratulations to all these gankers and griefers. You have PvP places most of the time to yourself.
    Options
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    i think personally im gonna skip this event not even in the mood for the pvp load screen before anything else
    Options
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill the person doing the quest, but if they see them again, let them pass and leave them be
    I'll typically kill a quester the first time I come across them, then leave them be so long as they don't bother me
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
    Options
  • tgrippa
    tgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a PvP zone, and there is no way to tell if someone is just questing. They have the same tools as me to defend themselves, and are free to ask their guildies to log on and help them fight back if needed.
    PCEU
    heh.
    heh.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll typically kill a quester the first time I come across them, then leave them be so long as they don't bother me

i think it's more likely that someone will bother you if you kill them
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I did my one PvE daily town quest in Cyrodiil and one PvE daily IC quest to get my 3 event tickets, and I didn't get killed by other players so many times that I got frustrated and quit trying. I also didn't attack any other players, because I was there for the tickets, and killing other players was not required to get the tickets.

So today was a good day. I'm not pushing my luck by going back to either Cyrodiil or Imperial City today. We will see what tomorrow brings. :)
    Options
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mainly pvp so I know straight away whether someone is questing and tend to just leave them alone. Popped down to the sewers earlier to get my daily ticket and saw a huuuuuge group in sneak burning the ballistas in elven gardens for the quest. A combination of sorcs, wardens, dks all absolutely terrified all from different factions all just moving in unison from one ballista to the next 😂. It was hilarious. I just left them alone, except one who tried to kill me.

It’s sad to see people so utterly terrified of a zone intended to be fun but it is what it is.
    Edited by Poss on February 22, 2024 7:03PM
    Options
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if you enter a PVP zone you have to expect to be PVP'ed.

However, I don't agree with ganking or griefing someone over and over again, who is clearly not going to fight you back. That is just sad and I would have thought, very boring for any self respecting PVP'er.

Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i am actively participating in pvp, but its obvious people are questing, ill usually leave them be unless they attack me first
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has been killed a frustrating number of times while simply trying to quest in pvp including numerous times when they obviously went out of their way to hunt me down and kill me, I say let them do what they want. It's the ultimate stealth game.
    Options