Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

PVPers who kill Questers

  • doabhi
    doabhi
    ✭✭✭
    Leave them alone. Under no circumstances should a PVP player kill someone just doing a quest.
    Admittedly sadly true, i was only in there for Skyshards and Lorebooks originally, though It was the last place i wanted to do it on that character, because it was not an experience i was looking forward to. Only out of literal lack of anything else to do and sheer desperation for completeness did i finally do it, and it took weeks because I kept getting murdered. Eventually my hand was forced, I had to farm for PVP Gear and learn PVP Tactics to make it across the map.

    I'd love to say I enjoyed it, but i really didn't. It was a loathsome experience and one I share with a lot of PVE friends who feel the same way, thus this is not a good way to get people in to PVP, entice us with something compelling, rewarding and fun and fix the long standing problems the PVP mode has (Bugs, abysmal performance) don't force our hands and kick us in to the proverbial arena with the lions.

    Did I stay for the PVP? Yes, but only because I fell in with a great guild with good people and made more friends, the PVP itself though needs some work. If it wasn't for those people, I wouldn't have stuck around, Zone chats can be quite toxic at times.

    Shout out to Ayrenn's Army for being that welcoming bastion of kindness and development that is the reason i stuck around in my case.
    Edited by doabhi on March 2, 2024 10:07AM
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doabhi wrote: »
    In my honest opinion, there needs to actually be a PVE version of Cyrodiil that people can use to explore, quest and collect map items

    That's fine as long as there's no armor drops, style pages, skyshards, dyes, titles, or achievements associated with regular Cyrodiil. We fought for those, so no handouts for those who don't want to do the content as designed.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill the questor as many times as they see them. All people on the other factions are fair game.
    doabhi wrote: »
    Admittedly sadly true, i was only in there for Skyshards and Lorebooks originally, though It was the last place i wanted to do it on that character, because it was not an experience i was looking forward to. Only out of literal lack of anything else to do and sheer desperation for completeness did i finally do it, and it took weeks because I kept getting murdered. Eventually my hand was forced, I had to farm for PVP Gear and learn PVP Tactics to make it across the map.

    I'd love to say I enjoyed it, but i really didn't. It was a loathsome experience and one I share with a lot of PVE friends who feel the same way, thus this is not a good way to get people in to PVP, entice us with something compelling, rewarding and fun and fix the long standing problems the PVP mode has (Bugs, abysmal performance) don't force our hands and kick us in to the proverbial arena with the lions.

    Did I stay for the PVP? Yes, but only because I fell in with a great guild with good people and made more friends, the PVP itself though needs some work. If it wasn't for those people, I wouldn't have stuck around, Zone chats can be quite toxic at times.

    Shout out to Ayrenn's Army for being that welcoming bastion of kindness and development that is the reason i stuck around in my case.

    Creating a duplicate instance of Cyrodiil for PvE purposes is a bad idea. Its really going to cause more problems than it will solve and will create tension and lots of headaches for everyone involved. So if I'm in regular PvP and want to quest I have to go to a different server and if I'm on that server and want to PvP I have to do the same... why? Meanwhile ZOS support will have to be prepared to start supporting different server instances of Cyrodiil and duplicate work for anything new that might come out for that zone.

    Rewards and a bunch of other things might have to get swapped around as well which is going to over time create a crushing workload. Then there's the fact that the zone itself was designed for like a hybrid PvP/PvE concept and by splitting these two features up we have what I consider a cultural loss, because now those of us who formerly enjoyed spending time in that type of environment are once again, forced to lose just like what happens when the various ball groups come around.

    I just think its a bad idea and regarding PvP itself, no one taught me anything or did anything to help me with PvP. Its just something I eventually picked up, no guilds, none of that stuff was involved in it and wouldn't have done much for me even if I wanted to ask them for help. In fact, most PvP Guilds that I tried to work with were the complete opposite of being helpful.

    Even still, if I can do it anyone can people just have to be willing to try.
    Edited by Vulkunne on March 2, 2024 11:00AM
    Today Victory is mine, Long Live the Empire. GG
    Options
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave them alone. Under no circumstances should a PVP player kill someone just doing a quest.
    Today seems to be particularly bad for PvP from opposing alliances making it difficult for questers.

    Trying to do a single daily is a nightmare with them camping quest points like the ogrim traps, entrances to sewers, doors to other areas and platforms.

    Killed repeatedly while trying to set traps, pick up ritual wine, etc. They know exactly where we need to go and lie in wait for us to get us mid-action.

    This is why I only ever got to IC during this event. Every other time I avoid it like the plague.
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am a pve player that occasionally dabbles I pvp.

    I understand that dying is part of the game. And I go in expecting to.

    Cyrodiil isn't as painful for events as IC is. Mostly because you can do scouting missions for tickets and avoid any sort of pvp.

    In IC quest markers are fixed and it's choose your poison as players love to camp and map design forces interactions. I am fine dying. It's a free port back to town and often I will seek out rivals to kill me so I can exit.

    But honestly the reason I don't go into IC is because it's so stressful. And how players treat you is even more so. It's not the dying that bugs me.

    It's the whispers of get good, loser, the teabagging, among other degrading insults. Why people feel the need to insult the defeated I have no idea. Non of that instills any desire for me to pvp. I have a pretty thick skin when it comes to thst kind of behavior but it reaches a point where it's easier to not participate.
    Options
  • JeroenB
    JeroenB
    ✭✭
    Reflecting on my experience as a PvE player in Cyrodiil, it's not the getting killed as such that I find so exasperating and dispiriting. It's the consequence of getting killed, i.e., the repeated travel to reach the same point again.

    I currently have some completed PvE quests to turn in to a town two-thirds of the way across the map from my starting zone. Travelling out there is actually quite fun in itself; ESO overland is much too condensed in my view, and travelling to places in Cyrodiil evokes a little of that vanilla-WoW travel feeling, in a positive way.

    However, I really don't experience any pleasure from having to travel all that way multiple times in immediate succession because someone happens to kill me before I reach the questgiver's town each time, irrespective of them being perfectly justified in doing so (they don't know whether I'm riding around in the open field for PvE or PvP).

    So the end result is that I feel bad about my wasted time, decide that I can't be bothered anymore, and go and play something else. And the next time this event rolls around, I'm even less likely to engage with it.
    Options
  • doabhi
    doabhi
    ✭✭✭
    Leave them alone. Under no circumstances should a PVP player kill someone just doing a quest.
    Jaraal wrote: »
    doabhi wrote: »
    In my honest opinion, there needs to actually be a PVE version of Cyrodiil that people can use to explore, quest and collect map items

    That's fine as long as there's no armor drops, style pages, skyshards, dyes, titles, or achievements associated with regular Cyrodiil. We fought for those, so no handouts for those who don't want to do the content as designed.

    Do you mean Rewards for the worthy? Because if so then i do agree, PVE Cyro/IC should not include that reward system obviously, because it doesn't exist anywhere else.

    Going to vendors though? If you mean those then I disagree, because you're paying AP/Gold to buy them and they exist at the gates which has argument to be the crossover from PVE Land to PVP since no PVP can happen at the gates.

    If you mean purple drops in places like in IC with bosses, then sure, limit it to blue or green and/or decrease the drop rate.
    The whole point of this thread is because there needs to be a separation from PVP and PVE so that innocent PVE players aren't being 'Farmed' by sadistic individuals or taking up queue slots from other PVP players.

    I understand you fought for drops in PVP, but there was also no PVE version of it at that time (And still isn't) If there's a PVE equivalent of the areas, then it shouldn't matter anymore. You still have to work for those drops like every other drop in every other orifice of the game and vendors where you spend <insert currency here> exist on both sides of the gate, if it costs AP, then you still have to earn that AP from PVP regardless, so there's really no impact here.
    Edited by doabhi on March 2, 2024 3:53PM
    Options
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a PVP zone. Gear up with some heavy armor and get your health to 30K or more.

    When PVPers see someone with 20K health...that's an easy kill.
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kill the person doing the quest, but if they see them again, let them pass and leave them be
    Jaraal wrote: »
    doabhi wrote: »
    In my honest opinion, there needs to actually be a PVE version of Cyrodiil that people can use to explore, quest and collect map items

    That's fine as long as there's no armor drops, style pages, skyshards, dyes, titles, or achievements associated with regular Cyrodiil. We fought for those, so no handouts for those who don't want to do the content as designed.

    Agreed.

    I want to add tho, a PvE Cyro or IC should also prevent the players from earning PvP currency. So no AP, no Tel-Var and no direct access to everything exclusively bought with those currencies, as all of that is clearly rewarded for doing PvP.

    Basically PvE Cyro would become a dull, empty and unrewarding map, including a few towns offering generic repeatable quests which offer a small amount of gold (everything else would be removed, as it's connected to PvP)
    Edited by Braffin on March 2, 2024 4:33PM
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    It's a PVP zone. Gear up with some heavy armor and get your health to 30K or more.

    When PVPers see someone with 20K health...that's an easy kill.

    Yes, there are addons that highlight players with low health, so they are easy targets to spot in a crowd. Highlighting them also helps players stay alive, as they know who to stay away from to avoid being blown up. Low health players are the fuse that bombers target to create large chain reaction area of effect explosions.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those who want a PVE Cyrodiil- it is possible to explore Cyrodiil without any interruption whatsoever.

    One option is to do so on the PTS. While it is true that your progress will not be saved and will eventually be deleted on the PTS, you can use the PTS as a way to familiarize yourself with map, quest, and keep locations with very little fear of PVP. The Cyrodiil map on the test server is only really active during the 4 weeks of the test cycle- during the rest of the year outside of the test cycles, it is still up, but pretty much untouched by a single living soul.

    The drawback for a PC-NA player is that the 4th week of the test cycle often ends with an EU data copy, so you will be playing on the EU "side" of your account on the PTS with no access to NA main characters. Meaning if you do not have any EU characters, you will need to create a level 3600 "template" character. A template character will have everything you could possibly need to make a well-built character included in it's inventory, so it's actually rather fun to run around with every single gear set in the game at your fingertips.

    While downloading the PTS will mean you need room for an entirely separate copy of ESO on your system, it also has other fun utility available to you- you can create and test outfits at will to see what combinations you may like, with no cost to your real account, you can create and refine characters to get the appearance exactly as you want before bringing the sliders over to the main server, and of course you can test builds. Quite worth it, IMO.

    With that being said, I both PVE and PVP, and I agree with many of the sentiments in this thread from other PVP players- PVP rewards, skyshards, and other benefits obtained in combat should not be handed out in a PVE version of Cyrodiil. Our PVP rewards and titles are just as valuable to us as your PVE rewards and titles for doing difficult content are to you. PVP players deserve those rewards- in many instances, they are hard won.

    Persistence and a willingness to learn is your greatest asset when it comes to teaching yourself how to survive in a PVP zone- it is no different in PVE. I think one of the biggest mistakes many make is taking death in PVP personally- and while yes, indeed, some do try to make it personal, that kind of behavior is a reflection on who those people are, not you or your potential. They want to see you quit, or get upset- being persistent and ignoring them means you win, rather than letting them win by driving you away.

    I have a lot of fun in PVP by simply allowing myself to enjoy the process, getting curious and asking myself questions about what killed me, why I died, what I can do better next time, and treating the whole process as a learning experience rather than a serious reflection of my self-worth or ability to continue refining myself to meet my own standards. I find the tactics behind the use of various mechanics and siege weaponry very interesting. I do it because it's a place I want to be, and a play style I enjoy.

    I understand that there are those that do not enjoy PVP, but the fact that you do not enjoy it does not entitle you to demanding that PVP rewards be handed to you through your chosen play style. The same goes for PVP players- not enjoying PVE does not entitle them to PVE rewards either.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options
  • JeroenB
    JeroenB
    ✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    It's a PVP zone. Gear up with some heavy armor and get your health to 30K or more.

    When PVPers see someone with 20K health...that's an easy kill.

    It feels to me like this answer is missing the point of some of the PvE players' lack of enjoyment. It's not that we're concerned about being bad at PvP or 'terrified' of engaging in PvP as another thread put it: for many, it's simply that we're fundamentally disinterested in engaging with PvP. The only reason this subset of PvEers is in in Cyrodiil is for the PvE stuff. So a recommendation to gear up specifically for PvP is more likely to reduce engagement further.

    Regarding the second point: I get that it's a PvP zone and one can expect to be killed occasionally. Nonetheless, there are plenty of defensive posts from PvPers in these threads claiming that "real PvPers" are after "a challenge" and aren't after "easy kills". So if I'm minding my own business and someone persists in attacking and killing me despite me not responding to their attacks in the slightest, that suggests that they're the kind of person who does derive their enjoyment from (very) easy kills, and very much the kind of person who both PvEers and the "real PvPers" do not appreciate.

    My personal response is to treat them just like people who behave like yobbos in traffic, and to ignore them as an environmental nuisance. But I can certainly see why some would feel pushed to grumble about these encounters here on the forums, presumably without any expectation of real change.
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kill the person doing the quest, but if they see them again, let them pass and leave them be
    JeroenB wrote: »
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    It's a PVP zone. Gear up with some heavy armor and get your health to 30K or more.

    When PVPers see someone with 20K health...that's an easy kill.

    It feels to me like this answer is missing the point of some of the PvE players' lack of enjoyment. It's not that we're concerned about being bad at PvP or 'terrified' of engaging in PvP as another thread put it: for many, it's simply that we're fundamentally disinterested in engaging with PvP. The only reason this subset of PvEers is in in Cyrodiil is for the PvE stuff. So a recommendation to gear up specifically for PvP is more likely to reduce engagement further.

    Regarding the second point: I get that it's a PvP zone and one can expect to be killed occasionally. Nonetheless, there are plenty of defensive posts from PvPers in these threads claiming that "real PvPers" are after "a challenge" and aren't after "easy kills". So if I'm minding my own business and someone persists in attacking and killing me despite me not responding to their attacks in the slightest, that suggests that they're the kind of person who does derive their enjoyment from (very) easy kills, and very much the kind of person who both PvEers and the "real PvPers" do not appreciate.

    My personal response is to treat them just like people who behave like yobbos in traffic, and to ignore them as an environmental nuisance. But I can certainly see why some would feel pushed to grumble about these encounters here on the forums, presumably without any expectation of real change.

    I understand, that some players are fundamentally disinterested in doing PvP. That's fine, honestly. Nobody is forced to join the battle for Cyrodiil.

    What I don't get tho, is how anyone can think anything in a PvP-enabled zone would ever be purely "PvE stuff", because it isn't. Every skyshard, every fishing hole, every quest and every single achievement in there is made with the intention to possibly PvP for them.

    It's not a zone primarily mixing content for PvEers and PvPers, but a zone where any player is free to do both.

    On a sidenote: Yes, most players interested in PvP are looking for a challenge, we are also looking for AP. Both isn't delivered by a quester killed over and over again. So I won't attack them, if they are clearly questing around a town for example. But if said quester is trying to turn flags or is even attacking me with other questers around (they can get rather aggressive, if they think themselves in advantage), they become a viable target of the Alliance War. They decided to participate.

    A last word regarding IC - Arena district: The last few days I witnessed some players (mostly lightning HA ofc) not only cheesing the respective daily by rescuing civilians without leaving the spawn area (that's not new and not forbidden), but trying to kill ordinary players from this position. Not exactly a fair and brave tactic.

    No wonder, that people down there are creating methods to pull you down and kill you for good.
    Edited by Braffin on March 2, 2024 5:51PM
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    Options
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill the person doing the quest, but if they see them again, let them pass and leave them be
    My experience this event is the case that it's the PvE-ers that are more toxic than the pvpers. I was killed from behind while handing in a quest today in Cheydinhal, totally unprovoked. First time this has happened, the rest of the time I've passed other alliances and we've said hello or held block to show passivism and gone on our way.
    Once I'd ridden back see my killer and return the favour I realised from their health and the damage they sponged that they too were a pve-er like me. I've seen this happen in Imperial City many times, someone doing a quest kill another quester for no obvious reason and if I've been on a PvP build and retaliated I find the killer was a pve guy too.
    Seriously there's no point moaning about pvpers ganking and whatnot if you don't play by the same rules. Live and let live.
    Options
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave them alone. Under no circumstances should a PVP player kill someone just doing a quest.
    If other players want to kill any enemy player they see in Cyrodiil, that's fine. It's PvP, so don't criticize them.

    For myself, I never first-attack enemy players unless they force me to:
    - - In delves
    - - At skyshards
    - - In towns (As long as they are not trying to flip flags. I even leave them alone if they kill flag guards to pick-up and turn-quests, but if they stay to flip flag, then I attack them.)

    It's been years since I ran town quests . . . but back then, I would sometimes whisper to enemy players that I was just doing quests and please to not kill me, or at least wait until I was done. Some allowed me to finish quest(s), some attacked. No hard feelings.

    If I see someone BLOCK and not attack, then I take that as a signal, and leave them alone.

    But, as I said, it's a PvP zone, so I don't fault anyone who chooses to kill all enemy on sight.
    Edited by HumbleThaumaturge on March 2, 2024 7:17PM
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JeroenB wrote: »
    It feels to me like this answer is missing the point of some of the PvE players' lack of enjoyment. It's not that we're concerned about being bad at PvP or 'terrified' of engaging in PvP as another thread put it: for many, it's simply that we're fundamentally disinterested in engaging with PvP.

    Can you elaborate on why it's fun to kill/die to pixels controlled by an AI script, but disinteresting to engage with pixels controlled by human intelligence?

    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    JeroenB wrote: »
    It feels to me like this answer is missing the point of some of the PvE players' lack of enjoyment. It's not that we're concerned about being bad at PvP or 'terrified' of engaging in PvP as another thread put it: for many, it's simply that we're fundamentally disinterested in engaging with PvP.

    Can you elaborate on why it's fun to kill/die to pixels controlled by an AI script, but disinteresting to engage with pixels controlled by human intelligence?

    Cooperation is more fun than competition to some people.

    Broken set combinations and passive resistance to PvE builds makes engaging in PvP less interesting in this game than others as skill is neither the only or most important consideration into one's ability to meaningfully engage. I don't mean succeed but participate in a way that feels meaningful at all.

    Better maps in PvE

    Animation canceling, procs, and poor performance all combine to make telegraphing poor in this game compared to others, resulting in death recaps that don't match what you saw on your screen.

    Better storytelling in PvE as to why things are happening.

    Better Balance

    I don't dislike PvP in general but I'm not a fan of this game's PvP. When I want a PvP, I just play a different game.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on March 2, 2024 7:50PM
    Options
  • Serpari
    Serpari
    ✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    It's a PVP zone. Gear up with some heavy armor and get your health to 30K or more.

    When PVPers see someone with 20K health...that's an easy kill.

    I have a DK and necromancer tank build that's hitting 50K health I use exclusively for PVE in PVP area (Cyrodiil Angler). Do you know how annoying it is to be stuck in combat for over fifteen minutes because some sweaty Sorcerer (and why is it always Streak Sorcerers?) cannot take the hint I cannot die? I literally stood there, first blocking, then not doing anything but healing myself, for the majority of those fifteen minutes. I wanted to turn a quest in. Some PVPers have no propriety and the fact there's no clear way to interact with opposing alliances makes it worse. All I wanted to tell that Sorcerer was, "Bro, stop wasting your time. Let me turn in this quest." And yes, they knew I was doing a quest because they kept animation cancelling me speaking to the NPC by attacking.

    tl;dr: A tanky build won't stop sweats from being sweaty. And that's the issue the majority of PVErs have with PVP.
    Edited by Serpari on March 2, 2024 8:37PM


    The bird of Hermes is my name
    Eating my wings to make me tame
    Options
  • Jimbru
    Jimbru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave them alone. Under no circumstances should a PVP player kill someone just doing a quest.
    I've been playing games where people could engage in ganking, griefing style PVP ever since the early days of UO and the Diablo I Battle.net. And the conclusion I have reached from my long experience is that gankers are just the online equivalent of school bullies. They are not really playing the game; they just want to make other people upset. As such, they are barely worth the dirt to bury them at the end of their miserable lives. I'd delete all of their accounts if I could.

    The same goes with bombers and ball groups in Cyrodiil who just run over you with so much short-cast, short-cooldown, continuous AOE that you have no way to defend against it. It's a cheap trollish playstyle and IMHO should be removed from the game.

    Going further, if I REALLY had my way, the only two modes of PVP in the game would be Battlegrounds or duels. Pure PVP, without overlapping PVE goals in the same areas to lure in PVE players as victims.
    Options
  • derekdew339_ESO
    I usually wait to see if they attack or not I know it sucks riding all over cyro doing quests just to get blown up right when you get there.
    Options
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kill the questor as many times as they see them. All people on the other factions are fair game.
    I'm not really sure why people are concerned. On Xbox I've been riding around Cyrodiil for days ( and sometimes through the night) and I've barely seen anyone in the towns and the countryside. I claimed a few towns for the Covenant on my level 20-odd nightblade and only once did anyone come to see what was going on. Later today was the first time I've been concerned about all the players around.

    I've avoided main castles, sticking to town quests and scouting.
    Options
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    i only attack if i am attacked
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

    "If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

    To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
    Options
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serpari wrote: »
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    It's a PVP zone. Gear up with some heavy armor and get your health to 30K or more.

    When PVPers see someone with 20K health...that's an easy kill.

    I have a DK and necromancer tank build that's hitting 50K health I use exclusively for PVE in PVP area (Cyrodiil Angler). Do you know how annoying it is to be stuck in combat for over fifteen minutes because some sweaty Sorcerer (and why is it always Streak Sorcerers?) cannot take the hint I cannot die? I literally stood there, first blocking, then not doing anything but healing myself, for the majority of those fifteen minutes. I wanted to turn a quest in. Some PVPers have no propriety and the fact there's no clear way to interact with opposing alliances makes it worse. All I wanted to tell that Sorcerer was, "Bro, stop wasting your time. Let me turn in this quest." And yes, they knew I was doing a quest because they kept animation cancelling me speaking to the NPC by attacking.

    tl;dr: A tanky build won't stop sweats from being sweaty. And that's the issue the majority of PVErs have with PVP.

    You don't have to gear out with 50K health....a piece of trainee and monster helm with health is enough to get you close to 30K while switching Mundus Stones.

    It shouldn't be a big issue ....yet it seems it is.
    Options
  • Serpari
    Serpari
    ✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    Serpari wrote: »
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    It's a PVP zone. Gear up with some heavy armor and get your health to 30K or more.

    When PVPers see someone with 20K health...that's an easy kill.

    I have a DK and necromancer tank build that's hitting 50K health I use exclusively for PVE in PVP area (Cyrodiil Angler). Do you know how annoying it is to be stuck in combat for over fifteen minutes because some sweaty Sorcerer (and why is it always Streak Sorcerers?) cannot take the hint I cannot die? I literally stood there, first blocking, then not doing anything but healing myself, for the majority of those fifteen minutes. I wanted to turn a quest in. Some PVPers have no propriety and the fact there's no clear way to interact with opposing alliances makes it worse. All I wanted to tell that Sorcerer was, "Bro, stop wasting your time. Let me turn in this quest." And yes, they knew I was doing a quest because they kept animation cancelling me speaking to the NPC by attacking.

    tl;dr: A tanky build won't stop sweats from being sweaty. And that's the issue the majority of PVErs have with PVP.

    You don't have to gear out with 50K health....a piece of trainee and monster helm with health is enough to get you close to 30K while switching Mundus Stones.

    It shouldn't be a big issue ....yet it seems it is.

    I know I don't, but I do it because if they're going to be annoying then I'm going to be annoying right back with massive amounts of health + healing skills and procs that bring me back from nearly 0% to nearly 100% in the blink of an eye #wastetheirtime2024
    Edited by Serpari on March 2, 2024 9:30PM


    The bird of Hermes is my name
    Eating my wings to make me tame
    Options
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kill the questor as many times as they see them. All people on the other factions are fair game.

    Well, I mean, it IS Cyrodiil, and it IS PVP. Players do it to me, I return the favor.

    Where I draw the line is hey, don't teabag me and post it all over the Internet.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And now EU

    Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kill the questor as many times as they see them. All people on the other factions are fair game.
    I've seen my fair share of people that I wanted to leave alone, but they stopped leaving me alone when someone from their own aliance started to attack me. It works both ways.. :)
    Options
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave them alone. Under no circumstances should a PVP player kill someone just doing a quest.
    Why do you guys even go to Cyrodiil?

    It's 1 ticket per quest.


    Do BG 1000 medal points and you get 2 tickets in one or at worst 2 games even if you die repeatedly. You'd stand a chance as more than half of players are PvEers. Often the points earned per game is 2k, or 3-4k if your team wins.


    Then check the alliance with highest population in IC, go to a controlled district and pick the daily there. As soon as you're done, switch campaign for a quick exit, then re-enter to the base.



    although my favorite indrik costs too much and I'll just buy tickets...
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    It's a PVP zone. Gear up with some heavy armor and get your health to 30K or more.

    When PVPers see someone with 20K health...that's an easy kill.

    Maybe it shouldn't
    Braffin wrote: »
    JeroenB wrote: »
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    It's a PVP zone. Gear up with some heavy armor and get your health to 30K or more.

    When PVPers see someone with 20K health...that's an easy kill.

    It feels to me like this answer is missing the point of some of the PvE players' lack of enjoyment. It's not that we're concerned about being bad at PvP or 'terrified' of engaging in PvP as another thread put it: for many, it's simply that we're fundamentally disinterested in engaging with PvP. The only reason this subset of PvEers is in in Cyrodiil is for the PvE stuff. So a recommendation to gear up specifically for PvP is more likely to reduce engagement further.

    Regarding the second point: I get that it's a PvP zone and one can expect to be killed occasionally. Nonetheless, there are plenty of defensive posts from PvPers in these threads claiming that "real PvPers" are after "a challenge" and aren't after "easy kills". So if I'm minding my own business and someone persists in attacking and killing me despite me not responding to their attacks in the slightest, that suggests that they're the kind of person who does derive their enjoyment from (very) easy kills, and very much the kind of person who both PvEers and the "real PvPers" do not appreciate.

    My personal response is to treat them just like people who behave like yobbos in traffic, and to ignore them as an environmental nuisance. But I can certainly see why some would feel pushed to grumble about these encounters here on the forums, presumably without any expectation of real change.

    I understand, that some players are fundamentally disinterested in doing PvP. That's fine, honestly. Nobody is forced to join the battle for Cyrodiil.

    What I don't get tho, is how anyone can think anything in a PvP-enabled zone would ever be purely "PvE stuff", because it isn't. Every skyshard, every fishing hole, every quest and every single achievement in there is made with the intention to possibly PvP for them.

    It's not a zone primarily mixing content for PvEers and PvPers, but a zone where any player is free to do both.

    On a sidenote: Yes, most players interested in PvP are looking for a challenge, we are also looking for AP. Both isn't delivered by a quester killed over and over again. So I won't attack them, if they are clearly questing around a town for example. But if said quester is trying to turn flags or is even attacking me with other questers around (they can get rather aggressive, if they think themselves in advantage), they become a viable target of the Alliance War. They decided to participate.

    A last word regarding IC - Arena district: The last few days I witnessed some players (mostly lightning HA ofc) not only cheesing the respective daily by rescuing civilians without leaving the spawn area (that's not new and not forbidden), but trying to kill ordinary players from this position. Not exactly a fair and brave tactic.

    No wonder, that people down there are creating methods to pull you down and kill you for good.

    I mean, I was being pulled down long before HA sniping started.
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kill the person doing the quest, but if they see them again, let them pass and leave them be
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    It's a PVP zone. Gear up with some heavy armor and get your health to 30K or more.

    When PVPers see someone with 20K health...that's an easy kill.

    Maybe it shouldn't
    Braffin wrote: »
    JeroenB wrote: »
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    It's a PVP zone. Gear up with some heavy armor and get your health to 30K or more.

    When PVPers see someone with 20K health...that's an easy kill.

    It feels to me like this answer is missing the point of some of the PvE players' lack of enjoyment. It's not that we're concerned about being bad at PvP or 'terrified' of engaging in PvP as another thread put it: for many, it's simply that we're fundamentally disinterested in engaging with PvP. The only reason this subset of PvEers is in in Cyrodiil is for the PvE stuff. So a recommendation to gear up specifically for PvP is more likely to reduce engagement further.

    Regarding the second point: I get that it's a PvP zone and one can expect to be killed occasionally. Nonetheless, there are plenty of defensive posts from PvPers in these threads claiming that "real PvPers" are after "a challenge" and aren't after "easy kills". So if I'm minding my own business and someone persists in attacking and killing me despite me not responding to their attacks in the slightest, that suggests that they're the kind of person who does derive their enjoyment from (very) easy kills, and very much the kind of person who both PvEers and the "real PvPers" do not appreciate.

    My personal response is to treat them just like people who behave like yobbos in traffic, and to ignore them as an environmental nuisance. But I can certainly see why some would feel pushed to grumble about these encounters here on the forums, presumably without any expectation of real change.

    I understand, that some players are fundamentally disinterested in doing PvP. That's fine, honestly. Nobody is forced to join the battle for Cyrodiil.

    What I don't get tho, is how anyone can think anything in a PvP-enabled zone would ever be purely "PvE stuff", because it isn't. Every skyshard, every fishing hole, every quest and every single achievement in there is made with the intention to possibly PvP for them.

    It's not a zone primarily mixing content for PvEers and PvPers, but a zone where any player is free to do both.

    On a sidenote: Yes, most players interested in PvP are looking for a challenge, we are also looking for AP. Both isn't delivered by a quester killed over and over again. So I won't attack them, if they are clearly questing around a town for example. But if said quester is trying to turn flags or is even attacking me with other questers around (they can get rather aggressive, if they think themselves in advantage), they become a viable target of the Alliance War. They decided to participate.

    A last word regarding IC - Arena district: The last few days I witnessed some players (mostly lightning HA ofc) not only cheesing the respective daily by rescuing civilians without leaving the spawn area (that's not new and not forbidden), but trying to kill ordinary players from this position. Not exactly a fair and brave tactic.

    No wonder, that people down there are creating methods to pull you down and kill you for good.

    I mean, I was being pulled down long before HA sniping started.

    Nonetheless the latter is toxic behaviour by "questers".
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave them alone. Under no circumstances should a PVP player kill someone just doing a quest.
    I will leave them alone if the are clearly a PvEer doing a quest. But if they engage, we're fighting.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
Sign In or Register to comment.