The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"You will not be able to outfit your character in class styles other than your current class."

  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sorc skirt doesnt work, by the way. Any chest with a fanny flap doesn't sit cleanly on top, the flap merges in and out of the skirt. Can you fix that.

    @ZOS_Kevin
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »
    The sorc skirt doesnt work, by the way. Any chest with a fanny flap doesn't sit cleanly on top, the flap merges in and out of the skirt. Can you fix that.

    @ZOS_Kevin

    the only fix would really be to let us hide loincloths
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

    🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • binho
    binho
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit that I do like the idea of class specific styles to be worn by... well... specific classes
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Outfits should not come with VFX. VFX shows what sets you're wearing. Even from an RP perspective, just wear the set itself then. That's what I do to take screenshots of my Dro-M'Athra.

    Edit: Which, if we are going through with making VFX appear even with the motif, Dro-M'Athra style should have the sparkly night weapons since I believe that VFX appears with all of the sets in there. Consistency.
    Edited by Soarora on February 4, 2024 9:22PM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there goes my number one reason to farm Archive once the new DLC drops onto live. Hopefully they rethink this change. I've been waiting for the outfit style pages to become available since the Archive was on PTS. There are a bunch of styles that I like, but I enjoy mixing and matching, and I also (like the majority of players, based on the people running around in the zone) try to create looks based on things like my character personalities, backstories, and so on. Not their class. Class is well down the list for me, since I believe people have more depth than their jobs.
  • Proxithe
    Proxithe
    ✭✭
    I just saw this...

    Was thinking about getting into it purely for the pages alone. Instantly uninterested in acquiring the styles.

    Do better ZOS, such a disappointment.
    A Quote
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    binho wrote: »
    I have to admit that I do like the idea of class specific styles to be worn by... well... specific classes

    I agree. I wish they had done this sort of thing from the start, though.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to suggest ZOS to think about this:

    As I see, most players still want styles not to be tied to classes, but there are also those who want the opposite.
    I would like to suggest that you consider making two versions of styles: without effects, not tied to classes (let's assume epic quality pages with an increased drop chance), and gold style pages with effects (whose drop chance will be more rare)
    At first I thought that a style without effects could be placed with all the others, and with effects at the bottom of the list along with signature styles, but then I remembered that these styles are for clothes of all three types of weight, but still I think that we need to figure out how to separate regular styles from special ones.

    I understand that this is not the best solution and will double the extra farm for some people, but I think this is one of the options to get out of the situation. I would also like to say that I don’t really like duplicate styles and I hope that ZOS will find a better way

    @ZOS_Kevin I hope someone will pay attention to this.
    Edited by This_0ne on February 5, 2024 4:01PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .
    This_0ne wrote: »
    I would like to suggest ZOS to think about this:

    As I see, most players still want styles not to be tied to classes, but there are also those who want the opposite.
    I would like to suggest that you consider making two versions of styles: without effects, not tied to classes (let's assume epic quality pages with an increased drop chance), and gold style pages with effects (whose drop chance will be more rare)
    At first I thought that a style without effects could be placed with all the others, and with effects at the bottom of the list along with signature styles, but then I remembered that these styles are for clothes of all three types of weight, but still I think that we need to figure out how to separate regular styles from special ones.

    I understand that this is not the best solution and will double the extra farm for some people, but I think this is one of the options to get out of the situation. I would also like to say that I don’t really like duplicate styles and I hope that ZOS will find a better way

    ZOS_Kevin I hope someone will pay attention to this.

    Nah. They already broke with the idea of esprit de corps in this game in favor of everyone is everything. They don't need to go to extra work with class styles. They just need to follow their existing policy and make them usable by all characters, regardless of class.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't understand the point of including the VFX with the style page.

    No other set does that. We can wear dro m'Athra without the blue glow on the weapons. We can wear heavy Syrabanic without getting the floating pearls. We can wear all weights of Order of the Hour without having to glow based on the number of Tel Var we have.

    So why are the set effects showing with these outfit styles? We know they're set effects because if you wear the set and then put an outfit over it, we still have the glow despite not having the styles.

    Divorcing the glow from the styles will allow everyone to look the way they want. Do you want to have the glow? Then wear the set (which is class-specific!). Do you want to have the glow and have the styles? Then wear the set and don't even bother putting on an outfit since you have it on already. The only thig we can't do, which is unlike any other style in the game is wear the style pages without the glow. And, well, be able to put them on anybody regardless of class.
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't mind if the motifs are class locked, I think most people just really want that nightblade helmet
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't mind if the motifs are class locked, I think most people just really want that nightblade helmet

    That sums up my feelings.

    One one hand, I'd like to be able to use the parts (anything but the identifying chest piece) on other classes.
    On the other, ZOS has to stick to some kind of rule as I imagine that allowing class sets to be swapped around might start crossing some kind of lore line.

    But ya, its that nightlbade helm I want to use on other toons more than anything, there is nothing like it in game.

    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Since there was no mention of this in the new patch notes, can we please get a statement about ZoS' intentions regarding this issue?
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Since there was no mention of this in the new patch notes, can we please get a statement about ZoS' intentions regarding this issue?

    the pages are now curated in the latest patch.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean if zos are bored and want some new things to design and offer, they could fix horses and elk and etc, new skeletons/models so the legs and the galloping are realistic.....and do some more hairstyles, beards, etc......not sure why they going down a whole new line of outfits in particular when there's plenty to do which we have all actually asked for.....
    Edited by Pelanora on February 6, 2024 12:37AM
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't mind if the motifs are class locked, I think most people just really want that nightblade helmet

    I think you're right. But i wanted the new sorc skirt but it's broken. If the flap from chests doesnt sit well on it, it's no use to me.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »
    I personally don't mind if the motifs are class locked, I think most people just really want that nightblade helmet

    I think you're right. But i wanted the new sorc skirt but it's broken. If the flap from chests doesnt sit well on it, it's no use to me.

    flaps don't sit on any skirts in eso.
    they always go through them.

    we really need the option to hide them

    at least the Monolith of Storms chest doesn't have a flap itself.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

    🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Since there was no mention of this in the new patch notes, can we please get a statement about ZoS' intentions regarding this issue?

    the pages are now curated in the latest patch.

    That means they’re bind on pick-up? Bummer. :/
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Pelanora wrote: »
    I personally don't mind if the motifs are class locked, I think most people just really want that nightblade helmet

    I think you're right. But i wanted the new sorc skirt but it's broken. If the flap from chests doesnt sit well on it, it's no use to me.

    flaps don't sit on any skirts in eso.
    they always go through them.

    we really need the option to hide them

    at least the Monolith of Storms chest doesn't have a flap itself.

    No that's not true. Lots of skirts they sit well on and don't disappear in and out of the skirt.
    Edited by Pelanora on February 6, 2024 2:39AM
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    2023 felt like a pretty weak year on the motif front. It helped knowing there was 7 new styles around the corner. And then someone decided people shouldn't be allowed to use 6 of them even if they unlocked it on that character.

    If this is what the devs want they should also limit heavy armour motifs to heavy armour, it makes just as much sense. But they wouldn't do that cause it would get people angry. So why do any limitation at all?

    We can make a robe look like full plate armour, or make a dagger look like an axe and that level of freedom is awesome.

    I was absolutely against costumes and changing the appearance of armour at the beginning because you kinda like you could recognise a tanky character in pvp but I've realised since that it really didn't matter and customization options are cool.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Pelanora wrote: »
    I personally don't mind if the motifs are class locked, I think most people just really want that nightblade helmet

    I think you're right. But i wanted the new sorc skirt but it's broken. If the flap from chests doesnt sit well on it, it's no use to me.

    flaps don't sit on any skirts in eso.
    they always go through them.

    we really need the option to hide them

    at least the Monolith of Storms chest doesn't have a flap itself.

    No that's not true. Lots of skirts they sit well on and don't disappear in and out of the skirt.

    which skirts?
    i have never not had them clip through skirts.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

    🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of skirts, it would be nice if they fixed the Rimmen Fountain-Side Loungewear to conform better to body lines.

    jqENXEb.png
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Pelanora wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Pelanora wrote: »
    I personally don't mind if the motifs are class locked, I think most people just really want that nightblade helmet

    I think you're right. But i wanted the new sorc skirt but it's broken. If the flap from chests doesnt sit well on it, it's no use to me.

    flaps don't sit on any skirts in eso.
    they always go through them.

    we really need the option to hide them

    at least the Monolith of Storms chest doesn't have a flap itself.

    No that's not true. Lots of skirts they sit well on and don't disappear in and out of the skirt.

    which skirts?
    i have never not had them clip through skirts.

    depends on the combination of chest & legs and your character's model. some of my characters get clipping that others dont with the same outfits.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Pelanora wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Pelanora wrote: »
    I personally don't mind if the motifs are class locked, I think most people just really want that nightblade helmet

    I think you're right. But i wanted the new sorc skirt but it's broken. If the flap from chests doesnt sit well on it, it's no use to me.

    flaps don't sit on any skirts in eso.
    they always go through them.

    we really need the option to hide them

    at least the Monolith of Storms chest doesn't have a flap itself.

    No that's not true. Lots of skirts they sit well on and don't disappear in and out of the skirt.

    which skirts?
    i have never not had them clip through skirts.

    depends on the combination of chest & legs and your character's model. some of my characters get clipping that others dont with the same outfits.

    but which loincloths don't clip through skirts?
    because Pelanora said there's lots of skirts they sit well on.


    not all chests and legs have clipping issues yea, because not all chests have loincloths, tassets, or other extra stuff like the chest being longer than the character's torso.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

    🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i want to wear a chest with a flap, i always put it with a skirt, because it's the only way to hide it even a little.

    Currently my fav skirts are silken ring, no clipping, and nibenese court wizard, doesn't clip, and the daedric skirt, my goto skirt because it's not busy and dyes well, no clipping. I've worn other skirts and never saw the clipping like ivory brigade. There's heaps of skirts i don't own, so can't comment on those.

    Swap out any of the ones i have for the sorc monolith, which is there to try in outfit station, all flaps of my outfits move in and out of the new sorc skirt.
    Edited by Pelanora on February 6, 2024 8:42PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »
    If i want to wear a chest with a flap, i always put it with a skirt, because it's the only way to hide it even a little.

    Currently my fav skirts are silken ring, no clipping, and nibenese court wizard, doesn't clip, and the daedric skirt, my goto skirt because it's not busy and dyes well, no clipping. I've worn other skirts and never saw the clipping like ivory brigade. There's heaps of skirts i don't own, so can't comment on those.

    Swap out any of the ones i have for the sorc monolith, which is there to try in outfit station, all flaps of my outfits move in and out of the new sorc skirt.

    i checked in-game and it seems you're right, thanks :)
    nice to know there's some skirts i can use with Scorianite Gladiator.

    i thought all loincloths clipped through all skirts.
    funny that there are some exceptions.

    we really need the option to hide them
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

    🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Pelanora wrote: »
    If i want to wear a chest with a flap, i always put it with a skirt, because it's the only way to hide it even a little.

    Currently my fav skirts are silken ring, no clipping, and nibenese court wizard, doesn't clip, and the daedric skirt, my goto skirt because it's not busy and dyes well, no clipping. I've worn other skirts and never saw the clipping like ivory brigade. There's heaps of skirts i don't own, so can't comment on those.

    Swap out any of the ones i have for the sorc monolith, which is there to try in outfit station, all flaps of my outfits move in and out of the new sorc skirt.

    i checked in-game and it seems you're right, thanks :)
    nice to know there's some skirts i can use with Scorianite Gladiator.

    i thought all loincloths clipped through all skirts.
    funny that there are some exceptions.

    we really need the option to hide them

    Doesn't the loin cloths clipping have to do with stomach sizes?

    I remember I had a "buff" male toon with a sunken in stomach and his loincloth clipped on everything and I think belts were often hidden.

    Now, I make their stomachs "flat" and it seemed to have solved the issue.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol i don't know. I eat a lot of crown meals and sugar skulls and never seem to get fat. Must be all the running and horse riding
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Pelanora wrote: »
    If i want to wear a chest with a flap, i always put it with a skirt, because it's the only way to hide it even a little.

    Currently my fav skirts are silken ring, no clipping, and nibenese court wizard, doesn't clip, and the daedric skirt, my goto skirt because it's not busy and dyes well, no clipping. I've worn other skirts and never saw the clipping like ivory brigade. There's heaps of skirts i don't own, so can't comment on those.

    Swap out any of the ones i have for the sorc monolith, which is there to try in outfit station, all flaps of my outfits move in and out of the new sorc skirt.

    i checked in-game and it seems you're right, thanks :)
    nice to know there's some skirts i can use with Scorianite Gladiator.

    i thought all loincloths clipped through all skirts.
    funny that there are some exceptions.

    we really need the option to hide them

    Doesn't the loin cloths clipping have to do with stomach sizes?

    I remember I had a "buff" male toon with a sunken in stomach and his loincloth clipped on everything and I think belts were often hidden.

    Now, I make their stomachs "flat" and it seemed to have solved the issue.

    i have no idea.
    it could be, but im not changing my characters' appearance and the loincloths should just be hideable
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

    🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Pelanora wrote: »
    If i want to wear a chest with a flap, i always put it with a skirt, because it's the only way to hide it even a little.

    Currently my fav skirts are silken ring, no clipping, and nibenese court wizard, doesn't clip, and the daedric skirt, my goto skirt because it's not busy and dyes well, no clipping. I've worn other skirts and never saw the clipping like ivory brigade. There's heaps of skirts i don't own, so can't comment on those.

    Swap out any of the ones i have for the sorc monolith, which is there to try in outfit station, all flaps of my outfits move in and out of the new sorc skirt.

    i checked in-game and it seems you're right, thanks :)
    nice to know there's some skirts i can use with Scorianite Gladiator.

    i thought all loincloths clipped through all skirts.
    funny that there are some exceptions.

    we really need the option to hide them

    Doesn't the loin cloths clipping have to do with stomach sizes?

    I remember I had a "buff" male toon with a sunken in stomach and his loincloth clipped on everything and I think belts were often hidden.

    Now, I make their stomachs "flat" and it seemed to have solved the issue.

    i have no idea.
    it could be, but im not changing my characters' appearance and the loincloths should just be hideable

    missing a feature I've seen in some games now where you get a slider that adjusts the position of certain things like shoulder pads and in the case I saw most recent halos. Because not every character has the same shape and its easier to let people adjust it themselves rather than fix every issue.
Sign In or Register to comment.