Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

"You will not be able to outfit your character in class styles other than your current class."

• tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pr0Skygon wrote: »
    This whole discussion about "class specific" style should not be wear specifically for each class, is just redundant tbh. It makes sense in the context of the world's fantasy, it is called "class style", it has specific glow with coordinated color for each class, it has specific class sigil on the chest, it's basically a uniform for specific class. I really appreciate seeing someone with yellow glow and immediately can tell that was a templar. The whole "fashion should not be restricted" reason is lost on me, because I sure don't want to see someone IRL, dress like a policeman, walking around the neighborhood, but is actually an insurance salesman.

I honestly wish for more class identity, more things that make me feel like fantasy of my class is acknowledged by the game's world. Class specific sets, quests, challenges, etc. But if we can't even have a class specific outfit style (like, just 1), then we are at lost with class identity at this point. "But class identity is all about gameplay", if so, then ZOS should add new class skill styles. Just make all templar skills green, and see how the community would react.

Respectfully, I think this is a disingenuous argument.
    • If this were considered a 'class uniform,' then should it not be required that all players of a given class wear it? Going back to your police example - while plainclothes cops do exist, it is the standard that most police should be in uniform.
    • Is it not also the case that non-police officers can wear facsimilies of the uniform, e.g. costumes?
    • No other set in the game includes the glow, and that glow was not enforced in the styles in U40 (it was added in U41. Yes, the set had the glow in U40, but the styles were previewable and did not glow). If a character wants the glow specifically, what is to stop them from wearing the actual set itself? But despite some styles coming from sets that have effects (the Dro-m'Athra style comes to mind, as every Maw of Lorkhaj set will put a permanent blue glow on the weapons), wearing a full set of Dro-m'Athra in the outfit station does not cause a glow.
    • Your example of "class identity is about effect color" is lost on the fact that almost every question about Skill Styling led to "can I change the color of my Arcanist beam?" Evidently changing the color of class skills is highly requested.

I cannot imagine the Class Outfits are about class identity since they are not mandated. Once even 50% of the playerbase is forced to wear it against their will, I'll concede that point. But as it is now, that's about as correct as saying "Nightblade identity is using a bow because Grim Focus makes a spectral bow, so if you're using any weapon other than bow/bow on a Nightblade, you're doing it wrong."
    Edited by tomofhyrule on July 8, 2024 2:29PM
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pr0Skygon wrote: »
    This whole discussion about "class specific" style should not be wear specifically for each class, is just redundant tbh. It makes sense in the context of the world's fantasy, it is called "class style", it has specific glow with coordinated color for each class, it has specific class sigil on the chest, it's basically a uniform for specific class. I really appreciate seeing someone with yellow glow and immediately can tell that was a templar. The whole "fashion should not be restricted" reason is lost on me, because I sure don't want to see someone IRL, dress like a policeman, walking around the neighborhood, but is actually an insurance salesman.

I honestly wish for more class identity, more things that make me feel like fantasy of my class is acknowledged by the game's world. Class specific sets, quests, challenges, etc. But if we can't even have a class specific outfit style (like, just 1), then we are at lost with class identity at this point. "But class identity is all about gameplay", if so, then ZOS should add new class skill styles. Just make all templar skills green, and see how the community would react.

soon the set with blue-violet lightning will look very silly on the scarlet sorcerer
  • Inari Telvanni
    Inari Telvanni
    ✭✭✭
    I still stand by the fact this is a major misstep on ZOS' part. The outfitting system is about freedom, to break away from how fashion worked in the early days of ESO. What changed?
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still stand by the fact this is a major misstep on ZOS' part. The outfitting system is about freedom, to break away from how fashion worked in the early days of ESO. What changed?

I agree. I mean I can wear AD gear as an EP, Dark Elf style as an Imperial and I can make an Auri-El loving High Elf wear Daedric but I can’t dress like a Sorc as a Templar? Thats the line? LoL.

• LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    at least update 43's new class sets don't use a new style so there aren't any extra class specific styles currently.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.