Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official hints for the next chapter received

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    I thought of Alinor, but it's weirdly unrelated to the Archive, so I'm just wondering why it's in the center of that picture.

Maybe the Archive is going to incorporate bits of that sort of architecture eventually?

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the city in the orb is from Summerset Isle.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New header picture at ESO's twitter:
    https://twitter.com/TESOnline/header_photo
    It looks like Infinite Archive promo art and there is 2023 year on it, so I don't think that it have anything to do with new year and new chapter.

That was my first thought, but how does the castle in that orb in the middle fit in?

I have the furnishing of that orb, the scenery in it changes, I would need to check but I'm pretty sure that scene is already part of it.

If I'm honest I've never actually looked really closely at the changing scenes, maybe I should have! :o
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Probably totally unrelated, but on the SW coast of Grahtwood, among the Saliache ruins in a cove west of the Falinesti Winter site, there is a dark elf boat (Telvanni?) that has two lit lanterns onboard and one on the shore nearby that match the lantern on the puzzle. I have no idea if it has always been there or not.... but ZOS usually adds new assets to the zones before activating prequel quests. I couldn't find anything unusual or obvious nearby, but it wouldn't hurt to have more folks looking around for clues.

I went onto the PTS and checked that area and there is a boat. PTS, I don't think, has been updated since Infinite Archive dropped. That doesn't mean though that the boat wasn't planted at that time.

Interesting find.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    New header picture at ESO's twitter:
    https://twitter.com/TESOnline/header_photo
    It looks like Infinite Archive promo art and there is 2023 year on it, so I don't think that it have anything to do with new year and new chapter.

This I will confirm. We were just switching back to the Infinite Archive header from the holiday header we had before.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Probably totally unrelated, but on the SW coast of Grahtwood, among the Saliache ruins in a cove west of the Falinesti Winter site, there is a dark elf boat (Telvanni?) that has two lit lanterns onboard and one on the shore nearby that match the lantern on the puzzle. I have no idea if it has always been there or not.... but ZOS usually adds new assets to the zones before activating prequel quests. I couldn't find anything unusual or obvious nearby, but it wouldn't hurt to have more folks looking around for clues.

There is also an obscure lore book related to lanterns.

Lantern of the Infinite Clue

A manse most vile now crouches here
    Colovians woeful, true

Where reapers march and land is parch'd
    We've placed your tribute clue

So seek this dreamer's wisdom dark
    As the god of secrets screams

Eyes close now players, here lies your card
    As a lantern ere long gleams

My first thought when seeing the Hermaeus Mora eye on the stained glass puzzle was that it looks a lot like the original Mora from the Vile Manse in Reaper's March. The manse was built on top of an ancient Ayleid (Saliache) ruin, so you may be on to something.

Also, that poem seems to be about a Tales of Tribute card. Perhaps some art from the decks is relevant to the discussion?

Edited by Jaraal on January 8, 2024 10:24PM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    I have the furnishing of that orb, the scenery in it changes, I would need to check but I'm pretty sure that scene is already part of it.
    If I'm honest I've never actually looked really closely at the changing scenes, maybe I should have! :o

I never even looked at the rest of the furniture because I spend the few points I earn per week on lorebook furnishings...
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Colovians woeful, true

It's literally a clue to find a tribute card upgrade, it is indeed sitting below some lanterns. This was the last clue I received not long ago.
    Edited by alternatelder on January 9, 2024 2:52AM
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Mannimarco returns and kills Vanus Galerion. Maybe each icon represents a faction, one side is darker than the other and they all collide in the middle.

Bottom icons - mages guild, order the lamp, scribes of mora.

Top icons - aeylid lichs, worm cult, reachmen
    Edited by Udrath on January 8, 2024 11:42PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Colovians woeful, true

My first thought when seeing the Hermaeus Mora eye on the stained glass puzzle was that it looks a lot like the original Mora from the Vile Manse in Reaper's March. The manse was built on top of an ancient Ayleid (Saliache) ruin, so you may be on to something.

Also, that poem seems to be about a Tales of Tribute card. Perhaps some art from the decks is relevant to the discussion?

It is part of the "Tomes of Tributes" books for Tales of Tribute and it leads to a card found in a box on the ground below a lantern in Reapers March. I originally discounted it as just fluff content around a Tales of Tribute card, but then I remembered that ZOS likes that game a lot more than I do and probably expects that people play it. :smile:

May mean nothing. I am looking for connections to Reaper's March, where the Falinesti Autumn site is located.

(edit: verbs)
    Edited by Elsonso on January 8, 2024 10:47PM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing in the content that has been received this year suggests Solstheim, yet.

I've been searching a bit (although I might lack a bit of concentration, it's midnight here), and unfortunately didn't find everything I still had in mind. I found this one, from the Feral Gallery, where Solstheim is the only "new" place that's mentioned - although of course, that doesn't mean much:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Beasts_of_the_Gallery

When it comes to Miraak, he plays a role in Quires Wind, where 2 letters by him can be found, one including these lines:
    "Do your work properly and I will be summoned out of Apocrypha when an altered book is read in Nirn. But if you fail me, Sabinius, I will still be here. And I will be very angry about that. Long ago the Atmorans betrayed me. Then they dared to name me traitor! With your help I will finally teach their descendants the error of their ways."
    Source: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:First_Servant's_Letter,_Page_2
    He's still trapped, but he is trying to find a way out, at least.

And, a bit unrelated as these things aren't hints, but I found them during my search and some people might find it interesting: There's a Skaal priest in Morthal named Gellhidil, Lady Clarisse once mentioned "a scribe who lives near White Ridge Barrow on Solstheim", and, we have this recipe, which refers to Raven Rock, which shouldn't even exists right now, which would be a lore incongruency (wouldn't be the first time if I think of Seyda Neen) - or maybe it's just a different Dunmer town by the same name:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Raven_Rock_Baked_Ash_Yams
    So much for what could be on Solstheim during the 2nd era. Although, knowing the old lore, I too wouldn't expect much there. No settlements at least, except for Skaal Village.

That said, I don't think it will be Solstheim this year, either. Maybe 2025 or 2026.

This year, even if the pictures posted yesterday look very Bosmer-themed, I guess it's the area around Skingrad. The reference to Ayleid ruins and "would-be emperors" fits, and South West is the right direction. I don't think the emperor part neccessarily refers to the Tharn family, though. Maybe the war in Cyrodiil is meant, with "emperors" changing quite regularly ;)
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This year, even if the pictures posted yesterday look very Bosmer-themed, I guess it's the area around Skingrad. The reference to Ayleid ruins and "would-be emperors" fits, and South West is the right direction. I don't think the emperor part neccessarily refers to the Tharn family, though. Maybe the war in Cyrodiil is meant, with "emperors" changing quite regularly ;)

I think that the letter refers to the upcoming prologue quest. This will probably start on the coast of Greenshade. That does not mean that the Chapter will take place anywhere near Greenshade. The prologue A Mortal's Touch quest for Blackwood started nowhere associated with Blackwood.

While it probably starts out with Green Pact and Bosmer stuff, I think it will transition into whatever the real story is before the quest ends.

However, even if it means the prologue is in Greenshade, that does not prevent it from having delusions of grandeur and also referring to the main story, which could take place in the SW portion of Cyrodiil. That would make the "would-be emperors" more relevant, and everyone knows there are plenty of Saliache ruins around Cyrodiil. Practically can't sneeze there without some Ayleid ghost saying "gesundheit" :smile:

• tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hold on - I just thought of another thing.

Beragon. Yeah, he's Eveli's brother, but there was a reason she went to him in the first place. He was a scribe for some of the Longhouse Emperors, which is why he's able to decipher those codes.

+1 for something to do with Cyrodiil.

I'm wondering if the story's going in a Gates of Oblivion direction this time: a Q2 chapter of the West Wield anchored on Skingrad and trying to solve the Falinesti mystery, probably with the help of the Mages Guild, and then a Q4 DLC which is Falinesti as a hub city and the zone is whichever Daedric Realm it ended up in.

It'd fit with a lot of what we're all suggesting at least
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be surprised if we get a Q4 DLC since we’re getting story arcs instead of year-long stories, but I guess we’ll find out.
    Edited by Soarora on January 9, 2024 12:14AM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beragon. Yeah, he's Eveli's brother, but there was a reason she went to him in the first place. He was a scribe for some of the Longhouse Emperors, which is why he's able to decipher those codes.

Thought she sent him because he can read.
    I'm wondering if the story's going in a Gates of Oblivion direction this time: a Q2 chapter of the West Wield anchored on Skingrad and trying to solve the Falinesti mystery, probably with the help of the Mages Guild, and then a Q4 DLC which is Falinesti as a hub city and the zone is whichever Daedric Realm it ended up in.

As nice as it would be, I don't think we'll get a Q4 story dlc this year.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

I went onto the PTS and checked that area and there is a boat. PTS, I don't think, has been updated since Infinite Archive dropped. That doesn't mean though that the boat wasn't planted at that time.

Interesting find.

I do not recall that boat being there last time I was in the location.
    t2yfb0g6i6qw.png
    okyne93mq737.png

• Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

Interesting find.

t2yfb0g6i6qw.png
    okyne93mq737.png

It's been there. You can see it in the background from this video 8 years ago:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=aNjrQbjYdvU
    Edited by Fata1moose on January 13, 2024 4:14PM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And here's another thought...
    w8fzuaql5qw2.png

This is the map as it is now, with the four Falinesti seasonal sites marked.

We've always thought that Bosmer (and Bretons) couldn't really get content because their zones were filled out, but they did give the Bretons a go in High Isle (nominally, at least. Until the Alliance leaders usurped what could have been a Breton story and left it to be a pile of... well, that's not relevant to this topic)

Falinesti was always a possibility since it was technically no longer on Nirn. But if they wanted to fill out the map... well, there's really only one useful landmass near Valenwood that they could use - the West Weald of Cyrodiil. Because I doubt that little strip of Elsweyr would work for it.
    As nice as it would be, I don't think we'll get a Q4 story dlc this year.
    That's true - we don't know if they'll go for a split story or what.

We did only get one story worth of content this year, but it was split over two zones, so we have that possibility as well - Skingrad as a hub to unlock Falinesti as an Artaeum-like zone? But after the Q3 QoL and Q4 IA patches (both free), we don't know what to expect. Will we go back to another Q3 set of dungeons? A new zone? A new arena? Something totally different?

All I know is I really hope Q1 is dungeons again. I'm really missing new dungeons. And their associated fashion motifs.
  • BuffNukem
    BuffNukem
    ✭✭✭

t2yfb0g6i6qw.png
    okyne93mq737.png

That boat has been there since at least 2015.
    You can see it there in this video showing the Enchanting Survey in Grahtwood from 31 Aug 2015:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNjrQbjYdvU

I'd be impressed if they had that much forethought to add it way back then in preparation for this chapter's story.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fata1moose wrote: »

Thanks for that.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fata1moose wrote: »

Thanks for that.

Yes, good detective work, thanks.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy enough if the new content included Eveli. She's one of my favourite NPCs. Many players seem to dislike her, but I find her personality a refreshing change from all the NPCs that are way too serious and self-important.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • LokiPagan
    LokiPagan
    ✭✭✭✭
    752751b5hpe7.gif
    Edited by LokiPagan on January 9, 2024 1:24AM
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it’s a misdirectional clue?

The boat takes you to a vortex in sea that thrusts you into Fallout 6, as to link up with the new TV series?
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the portal has something to do with Winterhold and the College of Winterhold seem like some type of magical elements one can only hope
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I re-photoshopped the Shard

5miq2rde0254.png
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Mycelius
    Mycelius
    ✭✭✭
    BuffNukem wrote: »

t2yfb0g6i6qw.png
    okyne93mq737.png

That boat has been there since at least 2015.
    You can see it there in this video showing the Enchanting Survey in Grahtwood from 31 Aug 2015:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNjrQbjYdvU

I'd be impressed if they had that much forethought to add it way back then in preparation for this chapter's story.

That particular Dunmer boat is not new in Greenshade too.
    I'd like to think that it's a story breadcrumb i.e. vampire hunter Mels Adrys' boat (remember you help him investigate something something not far from there).
    Edited by Mycelius on January 9, 2024 9:45AM
  • IviRo
    IviRo
    ✭✭
    Anyone who is pinning their hopes on Falinesti may not. There will be another location related to Bosmer.
    Edited by IviRo on January 9, 2024 9:04AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering if the stylized blue tree in the shard could possibly represent a hist tree. It seems to have an exaggerated base, or root system. We know the story of the Saliache elves as it relates to the Remnant of Argon. Could the southwest coast possibly be in Murkmire? There was also a deposed emperor (Kastav) who was exiled to Murkmire. Perhaps the ruins we are supposed to stay away from could be the Ayleid Nexus? It could definitely be connected to Fargrave via portal somehow. Not sure how it would tie in to the theorized Bosmer story, although anything's possible.

I know not everybody has access to Murkmire, although it was given away for free as a daily reward at one point. It wouldn't take much for them to make it a part of the base game, so everyone could have access to the prequel.... if that's where it could possibly start.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone remembered/considered Ithelia, the Prince of Paths may be referenced here in those glass shards? With memory of her restored to Torvesard and us, she's going to regain some semblance of existence.

What if she had a hand in Falinesti? Before Mora erased her from memory.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!