Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official hints for the next chapter received

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a resource for the original, unedited, fragments?
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been away for a while, but all this talk of Falinesti has got me excited. I need to temper this in case this is off base lol.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    image.png

Looks like fargrave. maybe it will be the harbor to another deadric realm
    Edited by The_Saint on January 8, 2024 7:03PM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Partner
    Noractis
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    image.png

Looks like fargrave. maybe it will be the harbor to another deadric realm

I was just in Fargrave yesterday thinking about the unrealized potential there is there.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just throwing this document from Blackwood in, because I find it interesting that it mentions Necrom, Solstheim and Skingrad:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Demands_of_the_Painted_Eye
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, yes, and in case you wonder: The Painted Eye was the same group that invaded Kemel-Ze in Necrom.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    Well that is clearly a reference to... the UNSC Pillar of Autumn.

HALO/ESO crossover confirmed!

So now I have a reason to leave Destiny2?

Oh happy day!

But seriously...Falinesti that's Valenwood right?

Edited by Warhawke_80 on January 8, 2024 7:29PM
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Just throwing this document from Blackwood in, because I find it interesting that it mentions Necrom, Solstheim and Skingrad:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Demands_of_the_Painted_Eye

I don't know if most of that has much to do with anything. The mention of "Solstheim" is specifically as a barren place to send the army in exile, akin to saying "ship them off to Antarctica so we never have to deal with them again." I wouldn't put stock in that. Besides, Solstheim has literally nothing but a solitary tribe of Skaal at this point in history - it doesn't even get Thirsk until the early 3rd era, so there's nothing there.

The Necrom one is interesting since you don't meet that NPC, even though the Painted Eye does show up in the zone. However, there are also references in that text to Cespar and Whiterun that have as much weight as the Skingrad reference.

Their stated goals seem more in line with the Ascendant Order, but 'total liberation' a pretty common goal for any organization in this style of history. Still, this is twice we've seen the Painted Eye and we still know basically nothing about them.
  • GoAvs34
    GoAvs34
    ✭✭
    n7iwmlb5ktra.png
    I tried to clean up the placement and hue/saturation/contrast a bit
  • GoAvs34
    GoAvs34
    ✭✭
    oh looks like someone else did too! Hope we can get that 4th piece soon soon!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    Some observations that my guild made:
    - Pact probably refers to the Green Pact, given the fact of the autumn leaves and that Beragon and his sister Eveli are Bosmer
    - The south-west coast reference might not refer to the new chapter zone, but more likely to the prologue quest which always starts in a base-game zone, placing it probably in Greenshade.

This is all I was able to get from the letter posted by UESP on Twitter. Hopefully, the Wilderqueen is ok. :worried:

We are supposed to stay away from any Ayleid ruins we come across. No stopping to craft any Magnus' Gift set pieces on the way. :smile:

I have no intention of finding Eveli, so no worries there. :neutral:
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think they’re saving Winterhold for their 20th year anniversary.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if most of that has much to do with anything. The mention of "Solstheim" is specifically as a barren place to send the army in exile, akin to saying "ship them off to Antarctica so we never have to deal with them again." I wouldn't put stock in that. Besides, Solstheim has literally nothing but a solitary tribe of Skaal at this point in history - it doesn't even get Thirsk until the early 3rd era, so there's nothing there.

The Necrom one is interesting since you don't meet that NPC, even though the Painted Eye does show up in the zone. However, there are also references in that text to Cespar and Whiterun that have as much weight as the Skingrad reference.

Their stated goals seem more in line with the Ascendant Order, but 'total liberation' a pretty common goal for any organization in this style of history. Still, this is twice we've seen the Painted Eye and we still know basically nothing about them.

Of course, Solstheim is plausible in that context as a prison, but don't think it's a coincidence to find all those places listed there, that were also hinted on at different times and from different characters in the past few years - it seems like a roadmap for the upcoming years to me (even theme-wise: we have that "liberation" thing there that was a big topic in High Isle and we also have a Hermaeus Mora reference with the groups name).

I mean, there were enough hints, Necrom became true, some others are still open until today: Lady Clarisse mentioned wanting to travel to Telvanni Peninsula in High Isle, and during one event quest, vampire hunter Mel Adrys even mentioned bringing the ashes of his brother back to Morrowind for burial rites (a direct hint on Necrom as a city). Lyris Titanborn mentioned Skingrad during Markarth. There were also texts mentioning Solstheim (a lore book in Apocrypha, for example) and now we have the Allmaker crates. There are recurring hints of all kinds on Solstheim, Skingrad, as there were on Telvanni Peninsula.

Btw, in Blackwood, the Painted Eye was searching for an Ayleid artefact, and until the end it was all a bit fuzzy what the whole thing was about. Blackwood was also the last place where we met Eveli and her brother.

Generally, it would be very strange to introduce some mysterious new group without ever solving the mystery who they are and what they're actually planning. The Painted Eye is around for a while and I think this year they could finally play a bigger role.
    Edited by Syldras on January 8, 2024 8:15PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just received information that at least one of the fourth fragments is on its way to a guild in the Netherlands (Bethesda Benelux informed us that all four fragments are coming to my country, but unfortunately FedEx has delayed two packages which are still in France). So there is indeed a fourth fragment being released to guilds/content creators. Just waiting for it to arrive or someone to share it.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course, Solstheim is plausible in that context as a prison, but don't think it's a coincidence to find all those places listed there, that were also hinted on at different times and from different characters in the past few years - it seems like a roadmap for the upcoming years to me (even theme-wise: we have that "liberation" thing there that was a big topic in High Isle and we also have a Hermaeus Mora reference with the groups name).

I mean, there were enough hints, Necrom became true, some others are still open until today: Lady Clarisse mentioned wanting to travel to Telvanni Peninsula in High Isle, and during one event quest, vampire hunter Mel Adrys even mentioned bringing the ashes of his brother back to Morrowind for burial rites (a direct hint on Necrom as a city). Lyris Titanborn mentioned Skingrad during Markarth. There were also texts mentioning Solstheim (a lore book in Apocrypha, for example) and now we have the Allmaker crates. There are recurring hints of all kinds on Solstheim, Skingrad, as there were on Telvanni Peninsula.

Btw, in Blackwood, the Painted Eye was searching for an Ayleid artefact, and until the end it was all a bit fuzzy what the whole thing was about. Blackwood was also the last place where we met Eveli and her brother.

Generally, it would be very strange to introduce some mysterious new group without ever solving the mystery who they are and what they're actually planning. The Painted Eye is around for a while and I think this year they could finally play a bigger role.

Nothing in the content that has been received this year suggests Solstheim, yet. The Painted Eye seems to ubiquitous at this point. We might meet them, but predicting locations is like trying to use the Bandaari for that purpose. They may be involved, but they seem to be everywhere.

The images, to me, suggest Hermaeus Mora, Khenarthi, and something Ayleid, at this time. Since they hinted that the story from 2023 was being continued, we can guess there will be some sort of Oblivion connection. The fall colors and leaves do not yet fit, but they will.

I considered the Falinesti Autumn site is in Reaper's March, but Mephala and the Arbordawn seemed more interested in that. I would expect something more Vaermina or Peryite related, given the issue with Apocrypha.

I await the final piece of the puzzle.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GoAvs34 wrote: »
    n7iwmlb5ktra.png

Not really related to the chapter speculation but I think this thing is so beautiful looking.

I'd pay good money for a nice quality replica of this all together, made of stained glass or something. That's the kind of merch I want to see for TES. Preferably not limited like the amulet of kings was.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Nothing in the content that has been received this year suggests Solstheim, yet.

Oh, there was something in a lore book, but I have to look that up again, it's been a while.

Btw, we also had mentions of Miraak. Makes me wonder if we'll see him sooner or later in ESO (not neccessarily this year).

@Syldras | PC | EU
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: Wait - hold on, I just reread the letter. "Don't allow any would-be Emperors or Saliache ruins to delay you."
    "Would-be Emperors" is pointing to Cyrodiil. "Saliache" is uncommon in TES lingo, only seen so far in the markings from the Ayleid crates. However, the Adalab-a does reference an "imperatum saliache," which seems to be an old name for the Ayleid empire. The Ayleids were all over, but again, we could be talking about Cyrodiil - unfortunately that's also looking at some of Valenwood as well. Still, the West Weald's close to Valenwood and there are quite a few ruins there.

I was thinking that "would-be Emperor" could be referring to Clivia Tharn, who went missing at some point during the Daedric invasion of Imperial City (White Gold Tower Clivia is an outlier). The Tharn family history begins with them being employed by the Saliache as slave overseers, so there could be some connection. Also, while the Tharns were from Cheydenhal, rather than Skingrad, it could point to the next chapter involving some undeveloped story lines in some area of Cyrodiil.

• Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe the pieces represent a seal that imprisoned something until the seal is/was broken?
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GoAvs34 wrote: »
    n7iwmlb5ktra.png

Not really related to the chapter speculation but I think this thing is so beautiful looking.

I'd pay good money for a nice quality replica of this all together, made of stained glass or something. That's the kind of merch I want to see for TES. Preferably not limited like the amulet of kings was.

Agreed. It's truly a beautiful piece of art. Would love to have one to mount in my octagonal window in the living room.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably totally unrelated, but on the SW coast of Grahtwood, among the Saliache ruins in a cove west of the Falinesti Winter site, there is a dark elf boat (Telvanni?) that has two lit lanterns onboard and one on the shore nearby that match the lantern on the puzzle. I have no idea if it has always been there or not.... but ZOS usually adds new assets to the zones before activating prequel quests. I couldn't find anything unusual or obvious nearby, but it wouldn't hurt to have more folks looking around for clues.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New header picture at ESO's twitter:
    https://twitter.com/TESOnline/header_photo
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    I guess we will find out shortly with the announcement in a couple of weeks.

In 2017/18 we had a Two Chapters and one DLC (Morrowind/Clockwork/Summerset) which were renamed "The Daedric War". Now that we have a two years (2023/2024) storyline involving Hermaeus Mora (I think) what should it be renamed ?
    During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It looks like Infinite Archive promo art and there is 2023 year on it, so I don't think that it have anything to do with new year and new chapter.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashnarug wrote: »
    I guess we will find out shortly with the announcement in a couple of weeks.

In 2017/18 we had a Two Chapters and one DLC (Morrowind/Clockwork/Summerset) which were renamed "The Daedric War". Now that we have a two years (2023/2024) storyline involving Hermaeus Mora (I think) what should it be renamed ?

Tides of Fate

The Fated Tides Cycle

[I haven't played Necrom yet....]

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like Infinite Archive promo art and there is 2023 year on it, so I don't think that it have anything to do with new year and new chapter.

That was my first thought, but how does the castle in that orb in the middle fit in?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That was my first thought, but how does the castle in that orb in the middle fit in?

That looks a bit like the Shimmerene area to me.

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought of Alinor, but it's weirdly unrelated to the Archive, so I'm just wondering why it's in the center of that picture.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Probably totally unrelated, but on the SW coast of Grahtwood, among the Saliache ruins in a cove west of the Falinesti Winter site, there is a dark elf boat (Telvanni?) that has two lit lanterns onboard and one on the shore nearby that match the lantern on the puzzle. I have no idea if it has always been there or not.... but ZOS usually adds new assets to the zones before activating prequel quests. I couldn't find anything unusual or obvious nearby, but it wouldn't hurt to have more folks looking around for clues.

There is also an obscure lore book related to lanterns.

Lantern of the Infinite Clue

A manse most vile now crouches here
    Colovians woeful, true

Where reapers march and land is parch'd
    We've placed your tribute clue

So seek this dreamer's wisdom dark
    As the god of secrets screams

Eyes close now players, here lies your card
    As a lantern ere long gleams
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think it’s just the giant orb in IA. You can get a furnishing version of the orb and it shows photos of different cities. I’m pretty sure it’s Summerset loading screen like TaSheen mentioned.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!