Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official hints for the next chapter received

• lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    By this time tomorrow, you'll all know what we've been cookin'!
    giphy.gif

But is cookin' another clue? Hmm spellcookin' doesn't have the same ring to it :D
    PS4 EU
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    Daaaang. That's in the top ten "How to Tell Your Relative that they are Disowned from the Family without Telling Your Relative that they are Disowned from the Family".
    #4: Refuse to pay the ransom when a horrible murderou----um....innovative Telvanni kidnaps them.
    Y-yes. Innovative Telvanni. Inspiring Telvanni. Illustrious even! Telvanni do take to compliments well, right?

What are you trying to insinuate? I am a very friendly person, I just needed money for my research! Should I have worked in some shady cornerclub instead? No, thank you, that would be absurd! Do I look like Syldras the bartender or Syldras the tavern wench to you?! Maybe Vanus Galerion has done something like that when he was younger, but we Telvanni surely don't!

I'm friendly. Very, very friendly. I'm so friendly I would even try to save Nirn from the occasional world-destroying Daedric or non-Daedric threat! ...Okay. Let's be honest: I'm doing that for the tea. Where would I get tea from if Nirn would suddenly stop existing? Or exist in a, um, state that makes growing tea quite hasslesome? The planes of Oblivion are no appropriate alternative. Have you ever tasted Daedric tea? It's awful!

Oh...Oh yes, yes, of course! Erm.. Master Syldras....? Your Honor, Syldras? Daring Syldras? Oh great and powerful and illustrious and kind Telvanni Mage Syldras.

I would NEVER insinuate you were anything BUT someone who was both magnanimous and magnificent.

Also, I would have you know that I now have an image of Vanus Galerion stuck in my head, his usual mages robes now replace with a provocative and sensual (but still tasteful) tavern dress, flashing a bit of skin as he angrily shouts at the patrons "DO YOU WANT MORE BEER? THE GREAT MAGE HAS ASKED YOU A QUESTION."

So thank you for this.

3sq0wt4v29lz.png

It's going to be chaotic! More than usual, at least.

Multiverse theory intinsifies B)B)B)

~~
    Edited by Wolf_Eye on January 17, 2024 11:22PM
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

A Naryu dating simulator and spear weapon skill line hopefully. 🤞
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fata1moose wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Remember to use spoiler tags next time. :smile:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not Naryu - Hermaeus Mora! This chapter is about Hermaeus Mora after all :p
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the Elder Scrolls Wiki:

"Gold Road is a road leading through the region of Gold Coast connecting the cities of Anvil and Kvatch and leading towards the Colovian Estates through the Varen's Wall Gatehouse."

I was recently at the gate called Varen's Wall Gatehouse and the command to use it was greyed out, and I wondered where it might lead....

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Just a reminder, we have a strict policy on the forum regarding reporting on unreleased content. Please make sure you are being respectful of that guideline and following it. It is linked here as a reminder.

Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 18, 2024 12:32AM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @ZOS_Kevin.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tentacles are SEXY, after all!

So is losing your mind after reading unfathomable texts! Who needs sanity anyways?

----This message has been brought to you by your dear Uncle Sheo and the Shivering Isles.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I would have you know that I now have an image of Vanus Galerion stuck in my head, his usual mages robes now replace with a provocative and sensual (but still tasteful) tavern dress, flashing a bit of skin as he angrily shouts at the patrons "DO YOU WANT MORE BEER? THE GREAT MAGE HAS ASKED YOU A QUESTION."
    So thank you for this.

You seem to find joy in, uhm, interesting things. That's wonderful!

The more I think about it, romancing a Daedric Prince might be a out of a mortal's league, though (it's sad, I know!). I think something lesser might be more appropriate. Like

Mom, dad; may I introduce to you my new partner?
    She works as an archivist.

4lzxzavkprhk.png

Her name is Eyeleen.

If you're interested in losing your sanity, I'm sure I can help!
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So thank you for this.

You seem to find joy in, uhm, interesting things. That's wonderful!

The more I think about it, romancing a Daedric Prince might be a out of a mortal's league, though (it's sad, I know!). I think something lesser might be more appropriate. Like

Exceptions for Sanguine.

If a mortal asked Sanguine "hey can we have funtimes together?", I HIGHLY doubt he'd say no. I think it would go against his very nature LOL.

4lzxzavkprhk.png

Her name is Eyeleen.

At the risk of you finding me even weirder....

Come on Eyeleen
    Oh you're beauty to me
    At this moment
    You're my everything
    Tho'at made a mess
    But we're still the best
    And together
    We are worth infiniteeee

Tooooo-the-toooo-the-toooo-the-ARCHIVAAAAAAL
    And we'll fight just like the SLIMECRAWWWW

If you're interested in losing your sanity, I'm sure I can help!

Thanks, but I think I got that already covered
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

"Gold Road is a road leading through the region of Gold Coast connecting the cities of Anvil and Kvatch and leading towards the Colovian Estates through the Varen's Wall Gatehouse."

I was recently at the gate called Varen's Wall Gatehouse and the command to use it was greyed out, and I wondered where it might lead....

Gold Coast has the same limitations as Fargrave: it's not part of the base game. So any new content tied to these zones would have to have some access modifications. It would seem odd to have to purchase Necrom + the new DLC to get access to the new content.... especially if there's a new "system" involved.
  • EthanolMuffins
    EthanolMuffins
    ✭✭✭
    Daaaang. That's in the top ten "How to Tell Your Relative that they are Disowned from the Family without Telling Your Relative that they are Disowned from the Family".
    #4: Refuse to pay the ransom when a horrible murderou----um....innovative Telvanni kidnaps them.
    Y-yes. Innovative Telvanni. Inspiring Telvanni. Illustrious even! Telvanni do take to compliments well, right?

What are you trying to insinuate? I am a very friendly person, I just needed money for my research! Should I have worked in some shady cornerclub instead? No, thank you, that would be absurd! Do I look like Syldras the bartender or Syldras the tavern wench to you?! Maybe Vanus Galerion has done something like that when he was younger, but we Telvanni surely don't!

I'm friendly. Very, very friendly. I'm so friendly I would even try to save Nirn from the occasional world-destroying Daedric or non-Daedric threat! ...Okay. Let's be honest: I'm doing that for the tea. Where would I get tea from if Nirn would suddenly stop existing? Or exist in a, um, state that makes growing tea quite hasslesome? The planes of Oblivion are no appropriate alternative. Have you ever tasted Daedric tea? It's awful!

Oh...Oh yes, yes, of course! Erm.. Master Syldras....? Your Honor, Syldras? Daring Syldras? Oh great and powerful and illustrious and kind Telvanni Mage Syldras.

I would NEVER insinuate you were anything BUT someone who was both magnanimous and magnificent.

So thank you for this.

3sq0wt4v29lz.png

It's going to be chaotic! More than usual, at least.

Multiverse theory intinsifies B)B)B)

~~

Nah not multiverse, dragonbreak, kinda like multiverse but it is where time itself breaks and all things and all possibilities happen at the same time over the dragonbreak and then once it is over all the "threads" of the possibilities all kinda slam back into each other and try to work together with Jills (Female dragons) fixing time and throwing out the timelines/possibilities that cannot mesh in the fixed timeline.
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Gold Coast has the same limitations as Fargrave: it's not part of the base game. So any new content tied to these zones would have to have some access modifications. It would seem odd to have to purchase Necrom + the new DLC to get access to the new content.... especially if there's a new "system" involved.

I think he just means the overland access to the area if you decide to hoof it. Like walking from Eastmarch to Western Skyrim by taking Blackreach.

That said, it is reasonably possible they could add Gold Coast, Hews Bane and Wrothgar to the base game like they did Morrowind. They are quite old now, and it would be an interesting announcement to make just before an event that host those 3 areas.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

4lzxzavkprhk.png

Her name is Eyeleen.

Who could be more affectionate...? :)
    tove7rj0c71v.jpg

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Too many tentacles. Naryu for the win.
    Jaraal wrote: »

There is definitely room between Cyrodiil and Gold Coast such that they would not have to make Gold Coast part of the base game. From Gold Coast, they can bar the door for anyone who does not have the new Chapter, and from the new Chapter, they can bar the door for anyone who doesn't have Gold Coast. Access can easily be provided by some boat that bypasses the Gold Coast, if not using wayshrines.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    giphy.gif

cookin
    crokin
    crakin
    crafin
    craftin

spellcrafting confirmed.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by LunaFlora on January 18, 2024 1:13PM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • MrCray78
    MrCray78
    ✭✭✭✭
    yytlzkjb9cwq.jpg

A New timer picture,News Thing in Glass(Female Character/Tree and River/?)
    PC EU PvE CP1800+(Play from Beta 12/02/2014) : @MrCray78
    Already finished all content in Infinite Archive 🥲
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exceptions for Sanguine.
    If a mortal asked Sanguine "hey can we have funtimes together?", I HIGHLY doubt he'd say no. I think it would go against his very nature LOL.

You're probably right. Considering he's the Daedric Prince of "Lust, Perversity, and Unnatural Relations", I'm sure he'll have "funtimes" will everyone and everything, including all kind of absurd and disgusting creatures - even humans!

Oh, and it's probably better to leave his parties before drinking and dancing turns to flesh-sculpting and gut-gardening... I'm not sure if he'd allow you to leave, though. Seeing a watchling is much safer for sure!
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Too many tentacles. Naryu for the win.

What do you mean - "Too many tentacles"? Have you ever thought about the back massages you could get?!

As I wrote before, Hermaeus Mora might not be interested in romancing a mortal, though - but if I compare watchlings to Naryu, it's still obvious that a watchling would be the much better choice. You could discuss books with them, go to the theatre and watch a play, they have a higher intelligence than Naryu and I'm certain that they can also dance better! You'll never have to have discussions about what to have for dinner, as they have no mouth. They are for sure more attentive than Naryu, and they also had a better fashion sense - if they'd wear any clothes. Also, they probably smell better.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exceptions for Sanguine.

You're probably right. Considering he's the Daedric Prince of "Lust, Perversity, and Unnatural Relations", I'm sure he'll have "funtimes" will everyone and everything, including all kind of absurd and disgusting creatures - even humans!

jxjymdfvn8rs.jpg

(Clarification for any moderators seeing this: Syldras and I are joking with each other; Syldras is NOT actually trolling/baiting me. I appreciate your understanding :) )

~~

In other news, I finally discovered how to post pictures on this forum. A whole new world of possibilities has opened up for me!! :D
    Edited by Wolf_Eye on January 18, 2024 3:08PM
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is definitely room between Cyrodiil and Gold Coast such that they would not have to make Gold Coast part of the base game. From Gold Coast, they can bar the door for anyone who does not have the new Chapter, and from the new Chapter, they can bar the door for anyone who doesn't have Gold Coast. Access can easily be provided by some boat that bypasses the Gold Coast, if not using wayshrines.

After looking into various maps of Cyrodiil from the other games and comparing them to ESO's maps, it seems to me that depending on exactly how far the new expansion extends into the West Weald, we could be seeing an entrance to the new zone from the top of Reaper's March from Arenthia, which seems to back onto the West Weald if I'm not mistaken. There is a gate up there already which is unused, between Moon Hunter Keep and Strident Springs Demesne. Skingrad is after all central within the West Weald. (Not sure if anyone already pointed out the Arenthia entrance or not)
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've spend a ludicrous amount of time over the years trying to bounce off rocks and up over the Varen's Wall Gate.

The face in the shattered glass is interesting. All I can think to do is flaunt the IA bodymarking and go tilt at the gate in Hew's Bane some more.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IT'S ALMOST TIME.

I actually haven't figured out how to post gifs, otherwise I'd post that one gif where Kermit the Frog is VIOLENTLY SHAKING in front of a red curtain.

So let us pretend that it is here instead. :)
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bt95w751izc0.jpeg
    Why pretend? 😊
    Edited by Elvenheart on January 18, 2024 6:27PM
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bt95w751izc0.jpeg
    Why pretend? 😊

Bless you and may your crops grow tall. :D
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

But is cookin' another clue? Hmm spellcookin' doesn't have the same ring to it :D

Revision to Provisioning. Now, rather than finding Poultry to make Chicken Breast, you have to find an egg and wait 3 weeks, then chase the chicken and kill it. :smile:

But, you do have a point. All communication from them should be in the form of a coded clue. :lol:
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    8ce534544ddf8b599387a2f6dfe21be8.jpg
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, you do have a point. All communication from them should be in the form of a coded clue. :lol:

I'd prefer them to communicate through poems, dance or, even better (albeit a bit creepy), mime.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQc05V17q6=CAUry7ym8gmhfon.jpeg
    lillybit wrote: »

Revision to Provisioning. Now, rather than finding Poultry to make Chicken Breast, you have to find an egg and wait 3 weeks, then chase the chicken and kill it. :smile:

It’s now so obvious, we are going to get to craft spells using provisioning ingredients at a workstation that looks like a cauldron. I wonder if I should have put that in spoiler tags? 🤔