Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Please stop adding achievements and leads to tales of tribute

• ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not play ToT and never plan to. Almost everyone I know in game has never played it or if they have, they really really don’t like it.

In my lived experience, I would love to see ToT removed as it is just a time waste for developers that neglect to address core game imbalances.

If it does stay, limiting other dependencies on playing ToT would be ideal. Hiding grind items behind an unpopular game will not incentive people to play. The game itself is not fun.
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    yes this please, let people enjoy ToT but dont hide things like leads behind it
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daoin wrote: »

Then they should remove the leads from BG and Cyrodiil while we are at it. And do not forget that one lead in a trial too.
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭

Then they should remove the leads from BG and Cyrodiil while we are at it. And do not forget that one lead in a trial too.

would not bother me if they did, actually maybe a good idea. but as in most posts here its unlikely they will consider it but at the moment the post is about removing from ToT not the other things you mentioned
    Edited by Daoin on October 17, 2023 3:32PM
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next update will bring a merchant that you can buy random leads with a currency that is earned from Endless Archive.

Maybe a similar approach can be done for other currencies, so different merchants will sell different items or leads that changes weekly or daily. So if a player seeks out a lead which drops from an activity that they do not prefer to partake in can go to these merchant and wait for that lead to pop up.
  • BlackRaidho
    BlackRaidho
    ✭✭✭
    Well, ToT is not a good Card Game because of RNG.
    If one player pick-up good cards 3 rounds in a row and you nothing, it's done.

But it works both ways...

So, usually, i launch a game and if everything goes wrong with my hand, surrend. I don't waste time for no reward.
    12 minutes cooldown ? Whatever, i have plenty to deal with in this game. It's not big deal. And i make someone happy with an easy win.

And, to be honest, those achievements are fairly easy. I took me 2 days to make my way to the top ladder in competitive, and all others achievements are just grinding.

• ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

would not bother me if they did, actually maybe a good idea. but as in most posts here its unlikely they will consider it but at the moment the post is about removing from ToT not the other things you mentioned

With my post I was trying to ask (yet again) how ToT is any different from other parts of the game that some people do not participate in or do not enjoy.
  • ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭

With my post I was trying to ask (yet again) how ToT is any different from other parts of the game that some people do not participate in or do not enjoy.

Dungeons, Trials, PvP are all core to this game.

ToT is something most players never wanted and don’t like. The difference is that the other leads are behind activities that are enjoyable and generally already experienced at some point in time.

Putting leads behind a massively unpopular and incongruent aspect does more to harm the player base than help it. It won’t stir interest in a game that should have never made it into ESO and the RNG drop from rewards ensures you may be playing that horrible game for countless hours before you get it.
    Edited by ESO_CenturionPlayer on October 17, 2023 4:24PM
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love ToT, it's incredibly fun in my opinion and my only complaint is that I wish the AI were more challenging at Expert-level.

We all have our own idea of what is enjoyable in ESO. I've been playing this game for years and I've never done a single trial, for instance. I understand that I'm not going to enjoy that content so I don't engage with it. We don't have to do every single thing in the game to have a good time, we can simply engage with the parts we do enjoy. Tribute wasn't made for you, that's fine. Unless you REALLY need that lead, don't worry about it? It's just a music box, after all.

Some folks like myself collect mora themed furnishings. Some folks collect music boxes. You don't NEED anything in a game but i understand players wanting to enjoy the content they do to get collectibles
  • ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only person who likes the lead being there is the person who designed ToT. It looks like people are suddenly playing it, but in reality they are in hell trying to win RNG games for RNG drops.
  • BlackRaidho
    BlackRaidho
    ✭✭✭

ToT is something most players never wanted and don’t like. The difference is that the other leads are behind activities that are enjoyable and generally already experienced at some point in time.

Putting leads behind a massively unpopular and incongruent aspect does more to harm the player base than help it. It won’t stir interest in a game that should have never made it into ESO and the RNG drop from rewards ensures you may be playing that horrible game for countless hours before you get it.

To be fair with ZOS on this, a part of players doesn't want this card game ok, but most of players enjoy the game their own way.
    I mean, most of players are PVE or PVP players, and not enjoying both. What about bad pvp players grinding Battlegrounds for related stuff they want ? It's more painful than a bad card game in my opinion.

And ToT is RNG based, but like 90% of casual cards games in real life.
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Antiquities are not part of the core game either. They were added later to various parts of the game that existed before, so it makes sense that they are added to whatever will be added after.

Regardless of PvP being core to the game many players do not participate in it in any form. So, following your logic, the antiquities should not have been placed there either.
  • ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭

To be fair with ZOS on this, a part of players doesn't want this card game ok, but most of players enjoy the game their own way.
    I mean, most of players are PVE or PVP players, and not enjoying both. What about bad pvp players grinding Battlegrounds for related stuff they want ? It's more painful than a bad card game in my opinion.

i think you are incorrect. i would love to see some data on this, but the number of active ToT players is non-existent.

no one ever started playing ESO to master an unskilled card game.

the paltry area of the forums for ToT is nearly empty and the few posts that are there only point out how loathed it is.
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-snip

-snip
    What does thsi have to do with the arguments we are having? No one probably started ESO because of antiquities, thieving or DB either. Yet they are a part of the game.

• BlackRaidho
    BlackRaidho
    ✭✭✭

i think you are incorrect. i would love to see some data on this, but the number of active ToT players is non-existent.

the paltry area of the forums for ToT is nearly empty and the few posts that are there only point out how loathed it is.

I always found an opponent very quickly on ToT... More quickly than a dungeon as DD :D
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    on a good note i dont think its an argument and people who wanted to agree with the post did, but that being said maint is nearly over and the confusing forums can be left in the dust for another week and hopefully not for as long either :D yes, thumbs up to removing leads from ToT, achievments doesnt bother me so much now. at one point being a completionist i would have liked to have finished all achievments but considering i would have to do more things i would not enjoy i learned to drop the idea but leads i cant agree with, especially because they are RNG too. if it was play one match get the lead then fine
    Edited by Daoin on October 17, 2023 5:15PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I always found an opponent very quickly on ToT... More quickly than a dungeon as DD :D

My queue times for Tales are shorter than my queue times for vet dungeons and Battlegrounds. I literally grinded out some Telvar one time in Imperial City and didn't come across anyone for an hour. And then I saw a small guild group and left.

Also who cares about the subforums? The newest posts in the Alliance War and Imperial City forums are from September, but you'll find plenty of people in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 17, 2023 5:17PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, usually, i launch a game and if everything goes wrong with my hand, surrend. I don't waste time for no reward.
    12 minutes cooldown ? Whatever, i have plenty to deal with in this game. It's not big deal. And i make someone happy with an easy win.

And, to be honest, those achievements are fairly easy. I took me 2 days to make my way to the top ladder in competitive, and all others achievements are just grinding.

actually you do get a reward if you play the game to completion if you lost, conceding gives you nothing lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • BlackRaidho
    BlackRaidho
    ✭✭✭

actually you do get a reward if you play the game to completion if you lost, conceding gives you nothing lol

Completion cost me time that i don't want to give. The reward doesn't worth it as a looser. And some players are verryyyyyyy slooooooooowwwwwwwww.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Completion cost me time that i don't want to give. The reward doesn't worth it as a looser. And some players are verryyyyyyy slooooooooowwwwwwwww.

Then play an NPC?
  • BlackRaidho
    BlackRaidho
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Then play an NPC?

Not the same reward as daily quest.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then play an NPC?

Not the same reward as daily quest.

The only difference is the gold box, which has only slightly better odds than the purple. Sure, do a single pvp match for the activity finder reward (win or lose is same purple box). Just finish the match and you'll get a purple box. But do the rest NPC, because it's way faster. I get more rewards from the NPC than the PvP because it's much faster. More boxes out weight slightly increased odds.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 17, 2023 5:26PM
  • Bobargus
    Bobargus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Forcing people to learn how to do something, let alone doing them, seems like a counterproductive thing to do.
  • gvgisdi
    gvgisdi
    ✭✭
    If anything add more to tales of tribute rewards, like mythic leads and set pieces, especially sets that would be good in PvP
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    Then there is Brahgas and Captain Kaleen from Tales of Tribute.

Oh my... I even didn´t know that we could get Captain Kaleen from ToT! To get Brahgas was already such a "battle"...

Yeah but the drop rate is horrible. Months of playing multiple games a day and I have 5 of the ten (TEN!!!) pieces needed.

The drop rate for fragment includes the fragment for the emote. So in total I've gotten 9 fragment. Five for the houseguest I want and 4 for the emote I don't. I wish I could just turn off the emote drops.
    PS5/NA
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gvgisdi wrote: »
    If anything add more to tales of tribute rewards, like mythic leads and set pieces, especially sets that would be good in PvP

Why
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have said previously I enjoy ToT, so this is from a biased viewpoint....

I play only NPC's I find other player games too stressful for my liking. I got the music box lead before I even knew it existed but still don't have the actual box because I don't actively do some of the other things where leads can drop! Am I starting threads asking for those leads to be moved??? Ofc not!

Around three weeks ago I decided to go after the emote and the house guest, I will not lie, I have played a LOT of games, some days multiple characters. It took slightly under two weeks to get the 10 Heavily Played Tribute cards and two nights ago I got the last Spearhead Colours card, I wouldn't like to guess how many hours were involved!

What I do want to add is that my stocks of furnishing mats have increased, both of my other accounts now know the Pelin's Paragon style, I got several nice purple furnishing plans, motifs too and have made good coin selling the Dragon Blood, Dragon Rheum and Columbine I received!

It is easy to understand why people dislike the game but it is also easy to dismiss the fact that the rewards can also be nice! 💕
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still think that most leads should drop in two places. This way, the game can still encourage trying different content but it will give people an opportunity to break up the monotony of farming leads plus it allows them to avoid an activity if they really can't stand it, which would be nice due to the RNG nature of leads combined with the fact that you can't trade them.

So, for example, if a lead is in ToT it should also be in a more accessible place, like a delve boss. Leads for fishing maybe also can drop from rubedite ore nodes. Leads from lockboxes should have a chance to drop from the final bosses of certain dungeons, including normal. And so on.

I can see exceptions... for example the Dwarven Ebon Wolf Mount was released with antiquities and is broken out into 17 pieces. It obviously is to give a mount that can be obtained through Antiquities... it's probably ok that those leads drop only from one place.

But generally speaking I'd really like to see leads drop from two different sources.

As to the other point re: achievements -- I can't say I agree with this sentiment. The whole thought process behind viewing achievements as a 'grind' even when they weren't attached to a reward and achievement points do nothing was how we ended up with the flawed AwA system to begin with. If you decide that you are the type of completionist that must do all achievements, then you must be willing to do all content. We shouldn't not get new achievements in certain kinds of content to cater to that playstyle. It's not fair to the people who like the content. ESO is too broad and has too many different types of players and content for this to be a reasonable request.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    I still think that most leads should drop in two places. This way, the game can still encourage trying different content but it will give people an opportunity to break up the monotony of farming leads plus it allows them to avoid an activity if they really can't stand it, which would be nice due to the RNG nature of leads combined with the fact that you can't trade them.

So, for example, if a lead is in ToT it should also be in a more accessible place, like a delve boss. Leads for fishing maybe also can drop from rubedite ore nodes. Leads from lockboxes should have a chance to drop from the final bosses of certain dungeons, including normal. And so on.

I can see exceptions... for example the Dwarven Ebon Wolf Mount was released with antiquities and is broken out into 17 pieces. It obviously is to give a mount that can be obtained through Antiquities... it's probably ok that those leads drop only from one place.

But generally speaking I'd really like to see leads drop from two different sources.

As to the other point re: achievements -- I can't say I agree with this sentiment. The whole thought process behind viewing achievements as a 'grind' even when they weren't attached to a reward and achievement points do nothing was how we ended up with the flawed AwA system to begin with. If you decide that you are the type of completionist that must do all achievements, then you must be willing to do all content. We shouldn't not get new achievements in certain kinds of content to cater to that playstyle. It's not fair to the people who like the content. ESO is too broad and has too many different types of players and content for this to be a reasonable request.

we'll be able to buy antiquity leads from Ool the watcher in Endless Archive. that's a second source
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    we'll be able to buy antiquity leads from Ool the watcher in Endless Archive. that's a second source

What if we think the Endless Archive is the worst thing they have ever added to the game and don't want to use it? I can't think of anything worse than an arena except an arena that doesn't even let you save your progress. This is not an option for me.
    PCNA