The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Columbine prices are getting out of hand.

Galeriano
Galeriano
✭✭✭✭✭
It's a well known fact that inflation causes prices of all crafting materials go to up, but when it comes to this specific flower it became disproportionally expensive lately. On PC EU average price started to go above 2k gold. It's not an issues that touches me personally since I have plenty of gold stored but when I try to help some newer players by reccomending some setups for them especially for PvP it's becoming really difficult to reccomend them using tristat potions as their main consumable because some of these people will simply won't be able to afford that playstyle.

I think ZoS could come up with countermeasures similar to what they did with corn flower when price of that material also started to skyrocket. Back then they introduced equivalent of spell power potions to the PvP vendor and it worked like a charm. It would be really nice if tristat pots would be treated the same way. This would allow to make price of columbine way lower while it would still be desired flower for those who need it for different kinds of potions like for example heroism+magicka+stamina pots or detection+immovability+magicka/stamina pots. It would also be a nice way to revitalize a piece of content where the currency to buy these potions would be obtained.
Edited by Galeriano on October 4, 2023 10:12AM
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is right there on the ground, just pick it up

77oe01qohj00.png
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having tripots for AP would be great, but when it comes to mats the only limiting factor is farming time, and it's relatively easy to get a decent speedy build in order to optimize your farming. Especially during double node events, like the one we're having right now. It's a combination of supply/demand, inflation, maybe people holding on to their stacks, and also I think less people farming nowadays. I remember way back when guilds had farming events, or auctioned off farming time slots, etc., and generally more people doing dedicating farming. But with time I think most players with alts relied on writs for their own supply and didn't farm as much.
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    It is right there on the ground, just pick it up

77oe01qohj00.png

Thanks for advice, that will be like 1/3 of ingredients required to make 4 potions. So You need just 49 more of these and 100 other flowers to create one stack of potions that You will consume way faster than it took to gather them not even mentioning that gathering them wasn't the most pleasing experience for someone who isn't interrested in this type of gameplay. This method doesn't work well if prices are getting continously higher. For this method to work ZoS would have to manually increase drop rates and amount fo spots where columbine spawns.

Funny answers won't change the fact that this particular flower price increase got out of hand.
    Edited by Galeriano on October 4, 2023 7:08PM
    Options
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does this price compare to Cornflower back before we bought Alliance Spell pots?

I'm on console so our prices are very different, but here Columbine has increase by a lot, but is still way cheaper than Cornflower used to be.
    Edited by Ishtarknows on October 4, 2023 11:37AM
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just have a bunch of columbine and you'll never have to buy it. problem solved.
    Options
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make a habit of picking up nodes you pass by. I did and I don't think I've ever had to buy common mats. Except for cheapest possible junk recipe when quick levelling alchemy for alt.
    Edited by rpa on October 4, 2023 11:52AM
    Options
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How much columbine exactly do you expect people to have?

I use up about 200 columbine in potions every week.
    You really expect people to have enough of that sitting around to never have to buy it again? lol
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »
    not even mentioning that gathering them wasn't the most pleasing experience for someone who isn't interrested in this type of gameplay. This method doesn't work well if prices are getting continously higher.

Funny answers won't change the fact that this particular flower price increase got out of hand.

Don't want to pick up flowers, but want a lot of them. Why are the prices going up? Those who spent time on that kind of gameplay get to set the price.

We are selling at whatever highest prices y'all buying them fast. Consume more, we will charge more. Spend time to get your own, we will charge less.
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »

You really expect people to have enough of that sitting around to never have to buy it again? lol

yes.
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I tell you, ground is littered with these!
    z80s8zev8le0.png
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How does this price compare to Cornflower back before we bought Alliance Spell pots?

I'm on console so our prices are very different, but here Columbine has increase by a lot, but is still way cheaper than Cornflower used to be.

So much more.

on PCNA, Corn Flower used to be able to get up to over 1.5k per. I think people may have been doing close to 2k. After the alliance pots, Corn Flower is now steady around 900.

Meanwhile Columbine is around 3.5k each right now.

I do agree that we should totally have alliance tripots. The red alliance pots give you health and invisibility, and there's not many people who use those instead of the blue and green ones. We all know that tripots are important since they're constantly in the daily rewards, but for anyone who doesn't tank or PvP much, they've got thousands of them clogging their inventory. Tank mains however are always out. I love getting tripots for daily rewards, because it saves me so much time and money.

Yes, farming is free, but when there are 10 different flowers that could spawn at any time, that makes every non-water non-mushroom alchemy node (which are already not as prevalent as other nodes) only have a 1/10 chance of Columbine. And some people just have cursed RNG - every flower node I pass seems to be Dragonthorn or Wormwood, not the ones I actually need. And remember that the Plentiful Harvest passive will sometimes allow you to get... two instead of one. Farming flowers is very slow. I will make sure to reset alchemy surveys until there are three Columbine nodes just to maximize the amount I can get.

The other issue is Columbine is also used in the BiS tank food (sugar skulls), so tanks are eating Columbine like it's candy. And when farming a specific flower is much more time consuming than farming other things, and the daily reward ones are gone after only a few runs (and then there are people who complain that we shouldn't get them anymore because they personally don't need them, despite the people who do), tanking is by far the most expensive role when it comes to consumables. That's totally another reason people don't want to tank, because you can't just repair some walls in Cyrodiil to get your pots back for a dungeon or trial. Pity you can't trade the daily pots, because I know so many DPS mains who are all like "omg I have like 7k of them!" and I need every one I get.

We absolutely 100% should have alliance tripots. PvPers use them, tanks use them... And don't we want more reasons for people to do PvP?
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -snipped-

I do agree that we should totally have alliance tripots. -snipped-

agreed.
    Options
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never bought columbine and have thousands in my craft bag just from picking them up while farming.
    I see people pass mats by all the time and just shake my head.
    If you don't put effort in by farming well, you pay.
    Edited by Four_Fingers on October 4, 2023 12:39PM
    Options
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't put effort in by farming well, you pay.

OP didn't ask to have them free, OP asked to add tri stat potions to the one you can buy with AP like Spell/Weapon power potions.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should let Bastian give tripots as a potent health potion in addition to the potent stam/mag potions
    Options
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention ZOS seems to flood me with crown store tri pots for free and for everyday use they work just as well.
    But I do agree with OP that players are getting out of hand at the prices they ask on most things.
    Edited by Four_Fingers on October 4, 2023 12:51PM
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that "Tri-Pots" should be one of the vendor items, but the price of columbine isn't really the reason why.

I would frame it more like, you want to spend more time doing PvP, so being able to buy them with AP allows you to play in Cyrodiil and buy the potions you need without having to farm gold or wander Tamriel looking for flowers. :smile:

Also, doing daily Alchemy crafting writs and picking up the surveys when you get them is the fastest way I have found to get alchemy ingredients without buying them for gold.
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention ZOS seems to flood me with crown store tri pots for free and for everyday use they work just as well.

How much pvp do you do? PvPers drink tristats like fresh water.
    They are never enough.
    If you have another playstyle don't judge the needs of others based on it.
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But I do agree with OP that players are getting out of hand at the prices they ask on most things.

true. ive got stacks of tripots on all of my characters. havent had to craft any for actual use in years.
    Options
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spend 90% of my time in cyro. lmao
    Would you believe cyro is one of the best places to farm mats.
    If you have to drink that many tri pots in PvP you need to look at your build.
    Edited by Four_Fingers on October 4, 2023 12:57PM
    Options
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either adding more and more commonly used potions for Alliance Points or adding a similar Alchemy Container from Imperial City but with Alliance Points.
    Options
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spend 90% of my time in cyro. lmao
    Would you believe cyro is one of the best places to farm mats.

farming mats in Cyro is very efficient lmao
    and yes I'm just a trash pvpers, I'm not so good like you that don't need to drink pots, my bad.
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see no harm to anyone by adding tripots to the vendors. Let people have fun by playing the parts of the game they're interested in.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    Options
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »
    Either adding more and more commonly used potions for Alliance Points or adding a similar Alchemy Container from Imperial City but with Alliance Points.

Yeah I forgot you can buy mats for Telvar another PvP currency.
    I am not against adding tri-pots for ap, just pointing out there are workarounds.
    Edited by Four_Fingers on October 4, 2023 1:07PM
    Options
  • LokiPagan
    LokiPagan
    ✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »

I tell you, ground is littered with these!
    z80s8zev8le0.png

Holy crap. I only have 800, and here I thought I had a decent amount...
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AstroST wrote: »

How much pvp do you do? PvPers drink tristats like fresh water.
    They are never enough.
    If you have another playstyle don't judge the needs of others based on it.

how often are you using potions that the free potions aren't enough, every time the cooldown is over?
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    how often are you using potions that the free potions aren't enough, every time the cooldown is over?

Every time I need to.
    Options
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the crown tri-stat potions that we get from daily login rewards sometimes for PvE group play, and I still have some left in bank, so I'm not using columbine to make more. Probably have lots of columbine in my crafting bag.

I'm fine with ZOS adding tri-stat potions to the list of potions sold by vendors in Cyrodiil/Imperial City.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lol what kinda nonsense is that?

Builds in PvP should be drinking pots on cooldown for the recoveries. The only exception to that rule is if you're using immovable pots.

If you don't need to drink potions on cooldown, you have too much recovery and should change your build.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on October 4, 2023 1:57PM
    Options
  • Hlaaluna
    Hlaaluna
    ✭✭✭
    You are paying lazy tax. Get off your horse and run to your destination. You’d be surprised what you can find along the way, just for the taking.
    Options