Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    Unmatched wrote: »
    But seriously isn't it nearly 4am in the states now?!

That means nothing for the unemployed.

AND unfortunately that's nearly all of the US...lol
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    @blackgrendel‌ Yup its almost 4AM... Good thing I work 3rd shift and got a bit of time off work so I can play.... wait, no... no I cant play. :(
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently watching Game Theory on Youtube. Anyone else watch that?
    Bacon and Skyrim....but mostly bacon....and a lawnmower
  • joshweps
    joshweps
    ✭✭✭
    America scares me isn't the president a reptilian?
  • Medgirlpts_ESO
    Medgirlpts_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @blackgrendel‌ I work nights (east coast) so for me this is my day time. I also happen to be off today. Yay! In the mean time I am watching The Guild on Netflix.
    Edited by Medgirlpts_ESO on April 2, 2014 8:00AM
    Ceridai <3 Healing Mage <3
    --The Downtime Defenders --
    - Aldmeri Dominion -
  • blackgrendel
    I am watching youtube clips of The Walking dead fan channels...Season 4 was a winner!
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    Ciinen1988 wrote: »
    joshweps wrote: »
    Ciinen1988 wrote: »
    enfp wrote: »
    Seriously it's definitely not gonna be close to perfect by the actual launch date. Just let us in!

I don't understand what would prompt a comment as ignorant as this. Regardless of whether or not it will be perfect on launch day is not a factor in whether or not they need to/decide to fix issues at this time. I understand that people want to play the game. I do too. but you have to realize that its the NA server that is down. Therefore, you can probably infer that its a crew in MD that is working on this problem at a quarter to 3 in the morning. Comments like this aren't helping anyone.

Don't feel sorry for them. There all making mint off our money. I run my own business first thing i get asked is when will you complete the job I can't just answer I will keep you updated no I give an estimated time its pretty bloody easy

You mistake my comment for sympathy. I have no sympathy for the people that are working on this. It is their job and they are doing it. My comment was directed towards the comment quoted within. I also understand that in most professions timeframes are demanded and expected. I also understand those that would like to see a timeframe. Sometimes when it comes to MMOs tho the problem could be in a single line of code and when you fix that line of code you create 10-20 other problems that now have to be fixed before the servers can go back up. Especially where by the looks of some of the posts on the forums it appears to be that most of the bugs that people are running into are tied to specific instances of the same area. This will immensely complicate things because the specific instances with the problem with have to be found before they can be fixed. But, like I said, I have no sympathy for people simply because they are at work right now. I have sympathy for the fact that I understand how difficult the situation may be and comments such as the one that my comment was directed at only demoralize people.

Your empathy is outstanding sir, please join ZoS and help develop their game since you obviously know more about the issues than they do. Plus I love the crude and cynical attitude toward others opinions, it makes for a perfect leader amongst leaders. Go you.

Now... zenimax please fix our game now. ;( no one even has sympathy for me cause i work when I could be playing eso.
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elvent wrote: »
    Elvent wrote: »
    Stymeist wrote: »
    Honestly.. What do we really expect from the Elder Scrolls MMO? I am looking at this game simply as another Elder Scrolls in the series. It will be played for a month (that may be stretching it) and I will move on. I have only been playing for 2 days yet I am already stunned at how shallow the character development is.

This is unknown territory for this franchise and staying true to the immersive single player juggernaut that this game series has been would certainly have been in their best interest. I admire their ambition and I will humor their attempt at an innovative online gaming experience, but so far its playing out as I expected, and I will keep my expectations low.

So if you're just playing for a month then you got your moneys worth then? Just like a single player...you beat it in a few days or a week, shelve it and it's over but hey, at least you got a month out of ESO for the same price (first month is free so no monthly payment for you :)

I see myself playing longer than a month and I also see myself leveling the rest of the classes in different factions to experience their stories and areas, I will be getting more out of this than the single player games.

This is my new MMO, and shall be for many, many years to come. Quit w.o.w for this, and I'm so happy i did.

(given the game strives lol)

hehe same here...I think I finally found my new "home", haven't had this feeling in a long time and I have waited many years.

Same. And i needed a new home badly, was hoping swtor would be, but that didn't work out.
    But seriously isn't it nearly 4am in the states now?!

That means nothing for the unemployed.

Live in caregiver ftw
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    @Medgirlpts_ESO SO you and I are in the same boat. Both wasting our night off of work because we cant play. So now by the time the game is up.. it will be time to go to bed.
    Ulyn Andrano

Ebonheart Pact
  • blackgrendel
    Skjlvald wrote: »
    @blackgrendel‌ Yup its almost 4AM... Good thing I work 3rd shift and got a bit of time off work so I can play.... wait, no... no I cant play. :(
    Good luck to you sir...pity bout the time off and server down bit...really bites.
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    If you have really fast Internet like FIOS, try ESO's EU servers. You'll need fast Internet because it will download all 30gb and install the same files in another subdirectory.

or just copy and paste the stuff from the NA folder to your EU folder on your c: drive.. problem solved and only very minor download and checking to do.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    joshweps wrote: »
    I'm watching videos of spiders in Australia, and needless to say That is one place i will never want to visit.

oh come on mate its not that bad just jump in the pouch of your kangaroo hop on over to the pub get a few koala bears to keep guard they love the spiders

I would love to visit, but i would need an iron-man type armor suit, simply for the spiders.

Edited by Reignskream on April 2, 2014 8:01AM
  • kearnstarb14_ESO
    Am absolutely amazed by the lack of "JUST LOGGED IN NOW" trolls

Ball dropped imo. It's still April fools in yankland ain't it?
    Token Drunk Aussie #1
  • Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭

I really wish I would have been ahead of you on that one...
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People, I'm fairly sure that whatever the "Scheduled" maintenance time they eventually come up with, it will be at a fair time that gives priority to allowing playtime during the average persons off-time. However this is not Scheduled maintenance, it is emergency. Those pop up whenever something comes up and don't prioritize anyone.

There does need to be an audio/vocal cue for whenever the server is about to go down tho, in both cases.

Thank you sir, before you decided to inform everyone here that the maintenance was not scheduled, i was doubting that myself. But I am now enlightened thanks to you. All hail your omnipotent logic.

I'm glad I was able to relieve you of your doubt. Continue to hail my logic while you wait patiently.
  • Medgirlpts_ESO
    Medgirlpts_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Skjlvald‌ On the plus side we get to sit here and chat. If only there was the background of beautiful Tamriel to set the mood. A girl can dream, lol.
    Ceridai <3 Healing Mage <3
    --The Downtime Defenders --
    - Aldmeri Dominion -
  • blackgrendel
    there

not anymore...but its almost breaky time
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭

Just plain cruel, sir. :(
    Ulyn Andrano

Ebonheart Pact
  • kearnstarb14_ESO

I really wish I would have been ahead of you on that one...

Yeah I'm quite the cunning fox ya know
    Token Drunk Aussie #1
  • anthemik
    anthemik

Over by an hour here on the West Coast. Sidenote: yankland is likely double entendre for what folks are doing alone by their computer late at night bored during server maintenance. Good one!

• Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭

no longer =)
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    anthemik wrote: »

Over by an hour here on the West Coast. Sidenote: yankland is likely double entendre for what folks are doing alone by their computer late at night bored during server maintenance. Good one!

No that was earlier.
    Ulyn Andrano

Ebonheart Pact
  • Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭

...all while also chatting...multitasking ftw!
  • kearnstarb14_ESO

Wow you totally went there, bravo! Shows balls!

Token Drunk Aussie #1
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Mortelus wrote: »
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    If you have really fast Internet like FIOS, try ESO's EU servers. You'll need fast Internet because it will download all 30gb and install the same files in another subdirectory.

or just copy and paste the stuff from the NA folder to your EU folder on your c: drive.. problem solved and only very minor download and checking to do.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\ Just copy contents from [The Elder Scrolls Online] directory to the EU directory. Job done!
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • Ciinen1988
    Ciinen1988
    ✭✭✭
    @enfp your passive-aggressive comments make me smile. They remind me of the way my mother-in-law talks to my wife
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    People, I'm fairly sure that whatever the "Scheduled" maintenance time they eventually come up with, it will be at a fair time that gives priority to allowing playtime during the average persons off-time. However this is not Scheduled maintenance, it is emergency. Those pop up whenever something comes up and don't prioritize anyone.

There does need to be an audio/vocal cue for whenever the server is about to go down tho, in both cases.

Thank you sir, before you decided to inform everyone here that the maintenance was not scheduled, i was doubting that myself. But I am now enlightened thanks to you. All hail your omnipotent logic.

I'm glad I was able to relieve you of your doubt. Continue to hail my logic while you wait patiently.
    That's right
  • kearnstarb14_ESO
    There's a countdown on my login screen :open_mouth:
    Token Drunk Aussie #1
  • joshweps
    joshweps
    ✭✭✭

@Skjlvald‌ On the plus side we get to sit here and chat. If only there was the background of beautiful Tamriel to set the mood. A girl can dream, lol.

Only a girl would say this lolssss
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    Journal Entry 4 : 2014.4.2 : 0406HRS EST

Over three hours since servers went down. The shaking's stopped, for now, though I fear my vision shall fade should it be further deprived of Auridon's electric light. Auridon... I've forgotten what that means. The word itself is a phantom; a whisper from an ex-lover, a name overheard in a stranger's conversation. What I once had has now been lost. I wonder what's become of the others... I hope they manage. The forums were alive with the wrath of Man... "Zenimax!" we cry, "Please provide us with an estimated time! Should we sleep? Should we sober up? Answer us!!" Louder. "Answer us!!!"

...Our cries fall on deaf ears. God has turned his eyes from us; I feel the cold hand of Fate against my neck. Sleep, you siren, why won't you sing?
    Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.