Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• Chaleria
    Chaleria
    ✭✭
    WhiteQueen wrote: »
    Hah, a vanity pet for every time there're unscheduled downtimes. Our banks would be full before launch. :p

No, no, no, no, no damn pokemon
  • Rukur
    Rukur
    ✭✭
    I remember WoW going down daily at launch for a while.
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for being troopers, folks! Our team is still plugging away on the North American megaserver. We are working to resolve the issue and bring everything back up as quickly as possible.

We'll make sure to provide you with updates when we can. Thank you!

I think that is just a bot :(

That would just be wrong on so many levels!
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Cerec
    Cerec
    ✭✭
    Thank you for being troopers, folks! Our team is still plugging away on the North American megaserver. We are working to resolve the issue and bring everything back up as quickly as possible.

I think that is just a bot :(

I'm not sure if it's a bot -- but it's obviously not someone reading the other comments on this thread.... Which, is almost as sad....

• Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭

Makes you cry a little bit, does it not?
    Bacon and Skyrim....but mostly bacon....and a lawnmower
  • Zaggolf
    Zaggolf
    ✭✭✭
    No amount of open beta produces a perfedt game.If it wasn't this it would be that

They said this 4 hrs and 45 mins.So im guessing there not even sure whats wrong..Time for bed.Good luck all
    Fanboy's don't keep a game running! GAMER'S DO!!!
  • Bunzaga_ESO
    Bunzaga_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hah, a vanity pet for every time there're unscheduled downtimes. Our banks would be full before launch. :p

Have you tried crafting yet? My bank has 80 slots, and my bag has 70. They are both full 50% of the time. :'(
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find the elder scrolls logo oddly comforting when I read this thread. It goes around and around and covers all the same ground.
  • Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭
    Zaggolf wrote: »
    No amount of open beta produces a perfedt game.If it wasn't this it would be that

They said this 4 hrs and 45 mins.So im guessing there not even sure whats wrong..Time for bed.Good luck all

Don't leave us!
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭

"HOPELESS BADGE" awarded! That's how you give hope and fail to actually give anything but a sorry for wasting your life on this forum!
  • HiveStar
    HiveStar
    Tristan, I don't care what everyone else says. You're my favorite.

• Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yah.

Anybody who has been around awhile, or run their own server, knows downtime means some people are working their posterior off to make things work better.

Average users don't care about this though. They don't just want 99.9% uptime, they don't want fixes, they want 100% uptime and perfection, and they want it yesterday, with a free pizza delivered to their house for good measure.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • KaizerXul
    KaizerXul
    ✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    KaizerXul wrote: »
    3 days early access...oh wait we must do maintenance during it... so what compensation do we get now we cannot even play the game?

Another monkey pet: This one is on fire; like the server.

Well true but explain to me the point of early access when you can't even get in?

BURNING. MONKEY. PET.
    "When I left you, I was but the learner. Now *I* am the master."
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Zaggolf wrote: »

Zaggolf nuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    Ulyn Andrano

Ebonheart Pact
  • smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried crafting yet? My bank has 80 slots, and my bag has 70. They are both full 50% of the time. :'(

Ugh. I did find that provisioning-by itself-takes up waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much inventory. I've stopped looting every sack, crate, urn, etc, which helps. :dizzy_face:

• enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭

What level are you?
  • anthemik
    anthemik
    enfp wrote: »

"HOPELESS BADGE" awarded! That's how you give hope and fail to actually give anything but a sorry for wasting your life on this forum!

Just when I'd given up hope on anyone winning that badge...
  • Medgirlpts_ESO
    Medgirlpts_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Where is the "I love you guys" clicky option? There should be one for instances like this. You watch us rant and rave like... the depraved lunatics that we are when faced with the real world then you pop in and throw a courtesy smile, a little golden wink, and whisper ever so gently in our ears a professional hello. <3

To answer my own question I will have to give you an "awesome" instead.
    Ceridai <3 Healing Mage <3
    --The Downtime Defenders --
    - Aldmeri Dominion -
  • Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭
    3 days early access...oh wait we must do maintenance during it... so what compensation do we get now we cannot even play the game?

Well true but explain to me the point of early access when you can't even get in?

BURNING. MONKEY. PET.

I shall hack game, and everyone gets a burning monkey pet. That throws poo at your enemies. Poo can't do damage, just for graphical pleasure.
  • Thelrok
    Thelrok
    ✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    with a free pizza delivered to their house for good measure.

Are you trying to say you don't want this?

• enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    HiveStar wrote: »
    You've got something brown on your nose.
  • FTWhitledge
    Sarenia wrote: »
    and they want it yesterday, with a free pizza delivered to their house for good measure.

Extra cheese with pepperoni plox. :D
  • aeonoceanstarb14_ESO
    balkor02 wrote: »
    Lol, decided to goto bed early last night to get up at early hours of am to play and now get to sit and wait ..... that didn't work out for me to well ... hahaha

bro.. same here.. im left with a feeling of ripped-off-ness
  • AlexanderTheGreat
    AlexanderTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    DarkoDon wrote: »
    DarkoDon wrote: »
    This happens with EVERY mmo, it's nothing new.

No, not every MMO markets their game preorders as much as ESO. The main selling point of the preorder was the early access. The game should not be down for maintenance every day of the early access time. It's not okay, and there's no excuse you can contrive that will sate my dissatisfaction. This isn't some F2P korean grindcore they're launching. This is the ELDER SCROLLS. They should have been better prepared, period.

Dude, EVERY MMO, don't care what you say. I have played all the AAA titles and more. This same rant happened with SWTOR. "But it's STAR WARS, they should have been better prepared."

Btw, SWTOR gave us extra month gametime for our "inconvienece". Maybe ZOS will do the same, could care either way.

It's impossible to launch perfect. Never gonna happen. So don't understand the whining threads like this one. You could be doing literally ANYTHING else right now, and it would be more constructive. Same goes for me so I'll just end it there....../thread

Okay:

1. It's irrelevant how other MMOs launched. That does not excuse poor preparation. There are still bugs in the game that were reported in the beta months ago.

2. SWTOR is garbage and has always been garbage. Only good thing about it was the story.

3. It's not about launching perfect, it's about getting what we paid for and what we were told we were going to get. I.E. Early access to the game, not late access to the beta.

4. I find stating my dissatisfaction with the product I am receiving to the developers to be much more productive than defending the developers plain blunders.
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    anthemik wrote: »

Just when I'd given up hope on anyone winning that badge...

I see what you did there. Lmao
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭

@Bunzaga_ESO Is that focusing on one or all crafts?
    Ulyn Andrano

Ebonheart Pact
  • TheBlackHand

BURNING. MONKEY. PET.

What the heck do i need to preorder to get one of those? Best idea ever. Could look like a burn victim monkey and everything.

• Delekii
    Delekii
    ✭✭
    I remember when people used to fight against universal suffrage.

WoW was released 10 years ago; having equally low expectations is ridiculous. Games that go down for maintenance this early for this long instantly ring alarm bells for me; it means they missed game breaking bugs that can't be fixed while the servers are up during the beta, or that they created the architecture in such a way that doesn't lend itself to live fixes.

Weekly maintenance should no longer be a thing in any game written today.
  • Bunzaga_ESO
    Bunzaga_ESO
    ✭✭✭

What level are you?

• Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭
    HiveStar wrote: »
    You've got something brown on your nose.

Yeah, went crazy with the nutella.