Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Any crossplay plans coming with the new servers changes?

  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me i played xbox from day one and moved to pc because xbox servers are empty only busy at about 4-7 pm queing in group finder for the pledges and it take's so long to pop i just wish i could move my xbox character over from xbox to pc
    and to be fair you could move you character from pc to xbox or ps when it came out on console.

    Only because the console databases were totally empty at that point.
    ______________________________________________________

    But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

    PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Bl4ckR3alm93
    Bl4ckR3alm93
    ✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    Having Crossplay between at least PlayStation and Xbox would be a huge improvement and provide a larger ecosystem of players to keep the game active.

    The two consoles together would likely be a little larger than PC’s current numbers.

    I hope we can atleast get this or a 1 way account transfer like ZoS did with PC at console launch and with Stadia before shutdown

    Stadia was basically a cloud PC, they shared the servers with PC-NA and PC-EU. There was no account transfer necessary following the shutdown.

    If there is no way to ensure that everyone gets to keep their data, then ZOS should not attempt data transfers. PTS is a good example for this, first two weeks of testing has PC-NA character and guild data, last three weeks until the next testing period has PC-EU character and guild data.

    Seriously starting feel like a broken record in these crossplay threads.

    All I said is "I hope" lol. Plus I didnt see your other post about so how am I suppose to know you post that all the time lol. Just hoping for a possibility is all. Apex Legends and Wàrframe just did it after they said for years it wouldn't be possible for the same exact reason.
    Edited by Bl4ckR3alm93 on December 22, 2023 5:41AM
  • Bokila
    Bokila
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah idk i think there are plenty of ways this can be done. If not, even paid character transfer with materials/gold/items wipe would be acceptable for the majority that cannot/will not play on certain servers. It's kinda disappointing that even devs asked for a feedback here and left the topic for dead. It's been one of the most requested features for ages and no workaround has been found. I kinda lost my hope of playing this game again. They should've thought about this when they came up with 3600 cp levels. Ain't no way i start grinding again my cp.
  • duhswagttv
    duhswagttv
    Soul Shriven
    I'm going to be honest and ill say this once even if the game doesnt go cross plat it can completely go cross save even if just once sure the market will get *** over but who cares the markets on MMOs like this almost always get screwed. The whole reason i got this game was to play it with my friend i bought it on PC she has it on PS at this time i did not know that ESO WASNT cross plat i stopped playing DUE to this reason. To people saying its not possible that simply isnt true. If FFXIV is cross plat then ESO can be too and FFXIV is an older game! people will have to get over the idea of not liking to play with other plats but it would definetely benefit i think if ESO did implement a Cross plat / save it would save there game as its a dying game rn with SO much to do Id love to play more but have no reason to until i see these changes to be honest bc i just got the game to play with a friend i dont have other intents. :)
  • Bokila
    Bokila
    ✭✭✭
    duhswagttv wrote: »
    I'm going to be honest and ill say this once even if the game doesnt go cross plat it can completely go cross save even if just once sure the market will get *** over but who cares the markets on MMOs like this almost always get screwed. The whole reason i got this game was to play it with my friend i bought it on PC she has it on PS at this time i did not know that ESO WASNT cross plat i stopped playing DUE to this reason. To people saying its not possible that simply isnt true. If FFXIV is cross plat then ESO can be too and FFXIV is an older game! people will have to get over the idea of not liking to play with other plats but it would definetely benefit i think if ESO did implement a Cross plat / save it would save there game as its a dying game rn with SO much to do Id love to play more but have no reason to until i see these changes to be honest bc i just got the game to play with a friend i dont have other intents. :)

    I agree with everything you said. I got the game on the Xbox when i had a console, my gf aswell. We sold our systems since and got a pc and steam deck. Would love to play again but apparently it will never happen. Lost all my hopes after their last reveal where they announced "spellcrafting" as being the most requested feature by the community meanwhile it's the first time i've heard about it. So many people want a way of transfering their progress/crown store purchases to other platforms if not crossplay and we're all ignored. Don't think i'll post more here as it's quite pointless. I've given up.
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bokila wrote: »
    Lost all my hopes after their last reveal where they announced "spellcrafting" as being the most requested feature by the community...

    Spellcrafting and Crossplay are different forms of announcements. One is marketing a chapter, another is marketing the game as a whole.

    There was no reason they couldn’t have implemented both at the same time other than they simply did not have the interest to, that being said… I would love Crossplay, and have been waiting for Spellcrafting since BEFORE launch.

    To even claim Crossplay was more desirable than Spellcrafting is to write off the thousands of people that quit playing the game for the lack of it after it was advertised to us, and the thousands of people that stuck with the game hoping for it each update.
    Edited by Tyrant_Tim on January 26, 2024 12:07AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bokila wrote: »
    Yeah idk i think there are plenty of ways this can be done.

    Of course, there are ways it can be done. All parties involved know how it can be done and can make it work.

    What we do not know is why they are not doing it. There is a reason it is not being done whether it be contractual or that Zenimax sees no business benefit to doing this.

    Edited by Amottica on January 26, 2024 12:52AM
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's more than jsut a login to a server that would need changing.They'd probably need to enable voice back on PC,and that costs money for host,or servers and people to maintain them.Ingame economy would be a wreck for a long time.Crown for gold prices are a huge difference between console and PC.With more players,the trader system would have to be expanded, or changed,either more players in a guild,more traders in cities,and/or more slots to list.I'm sure lots of other things I missed.So it's not as simple and change a few lines and press a button to get everyone to play together,especially after a decade of messy code.
  • Bokila
    Bokila
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Bokila wrote: »
    Yeah idk i think there are plenty of ways this can be done.
    Zenimax sees no business benefit to doing this.
    I've spent alot of money in the crown store on xbox and i would continue spending if they allowed me to transfer all i paid for on pc. So there goes their benefit and i'm sure i'm not the only person in this situation. They lost ALOT of money just by restricting players to carry their crown store stuff on other platforms. If they expect us to buy everything again that's wishful thinking.

  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On which server is the population dying? I guess not PC, I play on PSeu and I see players all over in towns even out in the overland delves, public dungeons and now with the Guilds and Glory event my whole screen is crowded with players not only on bosses.

    Very often que as dd in random dungeon takes max 5 min, Cyrodiil is full in the high player times when i decide to do PvP, battleground que useally takes a couple mins longer then dungeon que but not endless que.

    Thats not a dying server in my opinion.

    I think PSna have even higher population then PSeu so is the Xbox server dying?

    Or are people complaining that their server are dying because they are playing when most people sleep/work?

    I wouldnt mind to merge Pseu+Psna or Ps+Xbox but merge all servers with PC would cause more problems then it would do good in my opinion i say as a Playstation player.
  • silentxthreat
    silentxthreat
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see this but only if we have really good servers in place. ive played on xbox before and the servers were not fun to play on at all with lag compared to pc. This could be a microsoft thing? I dont know the tech but if we can keep the servers stable especially in pvp please make all the players be able to play with each other no matter what they play on
  • nbksaske
    nbksaske
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like it if ps eu and ps na was merged , same with xbox. i think that would be a good compromise, cause IMO one global server would be a [snip] show

    [edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 27, 2024 5:05PM
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nbksaske wrote: »
    I'd like it if ps eu and ps na was merged , same with xbox. i think that would be a good compromise, cause IMO one global server would be a [snip] show

    [edited for profanity bypass]

    It would be much better to have one NA server and one EU server for all platforms. Merging PS NA with EU would just make the game laggier because of the distance some players would be from the server.

  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bokila wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »
    Bokila wrote: »
    Yeah idk i think there are plenty of ways this can be done.
    Zenimax sees no business benefit to doing this.
    I've spent alot of money in the crown store on xbox and i would continue spending if they allowed me to transfer all i paid for on pc. So there goes their benefit and i'm sure i'm not the only person in this situation. They lost ALOT of money just by restricting players to carry their crown store stuff on other platforms. If they expect us to buy everything again that's wishful thinking.

    While some console players have moved to PC and more might if they could and still retain what they have purchased, it is unlikely most or even a large portion of the console player base would move to PC. Even then, Zenimax is not losing anything unless those players choose to quit altogether if they cannot transfer to PC. Regardless, we are talking about a small portion of the console player base so it is not all that much money in the grand scheme of things.

    Of course, that is only half of the two reasons I presented in that comment. The other half is more likely to be the reason and if it is the case then Zenimax is virtually powerless to act on their own.

  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    On which server is the population dying? I guess not PC, I play on PSeu and I see players all over in towns even out in the overland delves, public dungeons and now with the Guilds and Glory event my whole screen is crowded with players not only on bosses.

    Very often que as dd in random dungeon takes max 5 min, Cyrodiil is full in the high player times when i decide to do PvP, battleground que useally takes a couple mins longer then dungeon que but not endless que.

    Thats not a dying server in my opinion.

    I think PSna have even higher population then PSeu so is the Xbox server dying?

    Or are people complaining that their server are dying because they are playing when most people sleep/work?

    I wouldnt mind to merge Pseu+Psna or Ps+Xbox but merge all servers with PC would cause more problems then it would do good in my opinion i say as a Playstation player.

    None of us know if the population is "dying" or not. We do not have access to the data required and what we see for ourselves in the game is so infinitesimal that it does not even begin to reflect on the server as a whole.

  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    On which server is the population dying? I guess not PC, I play on PSeu and I see players all over in towns even out in the overland delves, public dungeons and now with the Guilds and Glory event my whole screen is crowded with players not only on bosses.

    Very often que as dd in random dungeon takes max 5 min, Cyrodiil is full in the high player times when i decide to do PvP, battleground que useally takes a couple mins longer then dungeon que but not endless que.

    Thats not a dying server in my opinion.

    I think PSna have even higher population then PSeu so is the Xbox server dying?

    Or are people complaining that their server are dying because they are playing when most people sleep/work?

    I wouldnt mind to merge Pseu+Psna or Ps+Xbox but merge all servers with PC would cause more problems then it would do good in my opinion i say as a Playstation player.

    None of us know if the population is "dying" or not. We do not have access to the data required and what we see for ourselves in the game is so infinitesimal that it does not even begin to reflect on the server as a whole.

    [snip]

    Anyway, I disagree that we don't know whether the game is "dying" or not. We always have this: https://steamcharts.com/app/306130#All Now, obviously, these are only Steam users on PC, but I cannot believe that it is not, statistically, directly extensible to the general population on all platforms and services. Everyone is free to interpret that graph however they like, but it certainly doesn't say "dying" to me.

    [edited for discussing moderator action(s)]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 28, 2024 6:04PM
  • JustLovely
    JustLovely
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a lifelong PC gamer I've never seen a game the was improved by accommodating game boxes. Catering to game boxes has always resulted in a reduction in the expansiveness and play-ability of PC games, or at least that's how it's gone with every PC game I've played that expanded to include gameboxes. Why should PC players suffer because people choose to play on a gamebox?
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JustLovely wrote: »
    As a lifelong PC gamer I've never seen a game the was improved by accommodating game boxes. Catering to game boxes has always resulted in a reduction in the expansiveness and play-ability of PC games, or at least that's how it's gone with every PC game I've played that expanded to include gameboxes. Why should PC players suffer because people choose to play on a gamebox?

    The game has been accommodating to game boxes since release, it’s a multiplatform game. Things like Housing space is already limited on PC because of last gen consoles. Crossplay wouldn’t change the status quo for PC beyond them possibly needing to police certain addons if they provide too much of a cheat the game.
    Edited by Twohothardware on January 28, 2024 6:54PM
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JustLovely wrote: »
    As a lifelong PC gamer I've never seen a game the was improved by accommodating game boxes. Catering to game boxes has always resulted in a reduction in the expansiveness and play-ability of PC games, or at least that's how it's gone with every PC game I've played that expanded to include gameboxes. Why should PC players suffer because people choose to play on a gamebox?

    The game has been accommodating to game boxes since release, it’s a multiplatform game. Things like Housing space is already limited on PC because of last gen consoles. Crossplay wouldn’t change the status quo for PC beyond them possibly needing to police certain addons if they provide too much of a cheat the game.

    I some console players think that some addons are too much of a cheat on PC that is fine. They can play without them on consoles. But if crossplay ever comes to life with addon restrictions that is a big NO form me (and I'm not even a PvPer or a member of the endgame community). Addons were a part of PC playstyle for a very long time, and there is absolutely no need to change that.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JustLovely wrote: »
    As a lifelong PC gamer I've never seen a game the was improved by accommodating game boxes. Catering to game boxes has always resulted in a reduction in the expansiveness and play-ability of PC games, or at least that's how it's gone with every PC game I've played that expanded to include gameboxes. Why should PC players suffer because people choose to play on a gamebox?

    The game has been accommodating to game boxes since release, it’s a multiplatform game. Things like Housing space is already limited on PC because of last gen consoles. Crossplay wouldn’t change the status quo for PC beyond them possibly needing to police certain addons if they provide too much of a cheat the game.

    I some console players think that some addons are too much of a cheat on PC that is fine. They can play without them on consoles. But if crossplay ever comes to life with addon restrictions that is a big NO form me (and I'm not even a PvPer or a member of the endgame community). Addons were a part of PC playstyle for a very long time, and there is absolutely no need to change that.

    Absolutely agree.
    ______________________________________________________

    But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

    PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dk_dunkirk wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    On which server is the population dying? I guess not PC, I play on PSeu and I see players all over in towns even out in the overland delves, public dungeons and now with the Guilds and Glory event my whole screen is crowded with players not only on bosses.

    Very often que as dd in random dungeon takes max 5 min, Cyrodiil is full in the high player times when i decide to do PvP, battleground que useally takes a couple mins longer then dungeon que but not endless que.

    Thats not a dying server in my opinion.

    I think PSna have even higher population then PSeu so is the Xbox server dying?

    Or are people complaining that their server are dying because they are playing when most people sleep/work?

    I wouldnt mind to merge Pseu+Psna or Ps+Xbox but merge all servers with PC would cause more problems then it would do good in my opinion i say as a Playstation player.

    None of us know if the population is "dying" or not. We do not have access to the data required and what we see for ourselves in the game is so infinitesimal that it does not even begin to reflect on the server as a whole.

    [snip]

    Anyway, I disagree that we don't know whether the game is "dying" or not. We always have this: https://steamcharts.com/app/306130#All Now, obviously, these are only Steam users on PC, but I cannot believe that it is not, statistically, directly extensible to the general population on all platforms and services. Everyone is free to interpret that graph however they like, but it certainly doesn't say "dying" to me.

    [edited for discussing moderator action(s)]

    Steam charts do not include either console.

    For PC I do agree it is the only number we have. As such they are the best numbers we have concerning PC, but only PC. The Steam charts do show a decline with year-over-year comparisons which should be concerning to Zenimax if this happens to reflect all of PC for which we can only guess.

    However, Steam still shows the population is higher than it was in 2017 and 2018 for the same months. If we are to use Steam numbers to determine if the population is healthy or not, well, it was healthy in 2017 and 2018 so it is not an issue now.

  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JustLovely wrote: »
    As a lifelong PC gamer I've never seen a game the was improved by accommodating game boxes. Catering to game boxes has always resulted in a reduction in the expansiveness and play-ability of PC games, or at least that's how it's gone with every PC game I've played that expanded to include gameboxes. Why should PC players suffer because people choose to play on a gamebox?

    The game has been accommodating to game boxes since release, it’s a multiplatform game. Things like Housing space is already limited on PC because of last gen consoles. Crossplay wouldn’t change the status quo for PC beyond them possibly needing to police certain addons if they provide too much of a cheat the game.

    So you still don't waive your request to remove "those cheating add-ons", as you claimed earlier in this thread?

    Honestly, enabling crossplay between pc and consoles would ultimately lead to entitled console players demand the removal of all add-ons, which they "feel" unfair (as you already demonstrate).

    So we pc users would gain nothing but loose a part of our 10 year old culture and zos would loose a bunch of customers . That won't happen nor should it.

    You want an even playground? Go to the forums of Sony and Microsoft then and advertise a change of their add-on policy over there. All you are trying now is taking something away from pc users (which you personally don't belong to). Baffling, that you can't understand why nobody is exactly delighted by your suggestions.

    You want crossplay supported by the pc community? Then either leave add-ons be (as most non-entitled console players would do) or take care of their implementation on consoles (good luck with that, lol).
    Edited by Braffin on January 29, 2024 1:13PM
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »
    JustLovely wrote: »
    As a lifelong PC gamer I've never seen a game the was improved by accommodating game boxes. Catering to game boxes has always resulted in a reduction in the expansiveness and play-ability of PC games, or at least that's how it's gone with every PC game I've played that expanded to include gameboxes. Why should PC players suffer because people choose to play on a gamebox?

    The game has been accommodating to game boxes since release, it’s a multiplatform game. Things like Housing space is already limited on PC because of last gen consoles. Crossplay wouldn’t change the status quo for PC beyond them possibly needing to police certain addons if they provide too much of a cheat the game.

    So you still don't waive your request to remove "those cheating add-ons", as you claimed earlier in this thread?

    Honestly, enabling crossplay between pc and consoles would ultimately lead to entitled console players demand the removal of all add-ons, which they "feel" unfair (as you already demonstrate).

    So we pc users would gain nothing but loose a part of our 10 year old culture and zos would loose a bunch of customers . That won't happen nor should it.

    You want an even playground? Go to the forums of Sony and Microsoft then and advertise a change of their add-on policy over there. All you are trying now is taking something away from pc users (which you personally don't belong to). Baffling, that you can't understand why nobody is exactly delighted by your suggestions.

    You want crossplay supported by the pc community? Then either leave add-ons be (as most non-entitled console players would do) or take care of their implementation on consoles (good luck with that, lol).

    Very well said. Great post, @Braffin!
    ______________________________________________________

    But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

    PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • zombievalen
    Is the time. All new games have it, even warframe XD
  • zombievalen
    zaria wrote: »
    Crossplay without merging databases would be hard, it depend a lot on how the architecture is set up. Do they copy part of the account data to the physical servers or is all using one huge database?
    In the later no, they have to merge, if not it might be possible but hard.

    With what they charge for each DLC they can make it more than enough. Plus it will pay off for them.
  • Bokila
    Bokila
    ✭✭✭
    Well we got some news, i guess?
    This is what Phil Spencer said in a recent interview :

    “I want my Lenovo Legion Go to feel like an Xbox,” Spencer told Polygon in an interview during the annual Game Developers Conference. “I brought [the Legion Go] with me to GDC. I’m on the airplane and I have this list of everything that makes it not feel like an Xbox. Forget about the brand. More like: Are all of my games there? Do all my games show up with the save [files] that I want? I’ll tell you one [game] that doesn’t right now — it’s driving me crazy — is Fallout 76. It doesn’t have cross-save.

    So apparently he's pissed for the same reason that i am. Considering Fallout 76 is the other online Bethesda game, do you think there will be any changes done regarding the cross save option in the Bethesda games?
    Even Destin, the ign youtuber said that the reason he doesn't play Elder Scrolls Online is because it doesn't have cross save. Hope this gets more talked about in the near future because i'm still not buying back an xbox just to play ESO.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    While we don't have any news to share about cross-play or cross-save functionality at this time, we want to acknowledge that we do see this request often. We'd like to hear your thoughts on the reasons why you would like to see this functionality in ESO. What pain points are you running into that this would help solve? The feedback here is helpful for us to share with the team.

    Not all of my friends play on my platform, and sometimes it would be nice to play from the couch instead of the PC.
Sign In or Register to comment.