The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Everything in my bank is gone/deleted while playing

• KindaMayvelle
    KindaMayvelle
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had any kind of reply at all to any of my tickets...I'm assuming it's because they're so swamped with tickets right now. As long as it eventually gets fixed I'm happy. I just miss having my 80 bank slots instead of 60 (and miss not being broke -- losing all the gold in my bank was a blow, not going to lie).
  • thoburmasgoub17_ESO
    Please add me to the list also :) I was using mats on my alt and when I switched to my main I was falling and could see buildings above me. typing /stuck didn't correct the issue. I logged out and when logging back in it was taking what seemed like a much longer time than normal so I force closed the game and logged in again and BAM: empty bank.
    Don't put both feet in your mouth, because then you won't have a leg to stand on...
  • mrwilson714_ESO
    mrwilson714_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just logged in. Still missing my 10 slot upgrade.
  • boredpeonub17_ESO
    Losing your bank slots and items does not inspire much confidence in the game. You would think returning and fixing the problem would take a high priority to maintain some confidence in the game.

Think about it, if a friend asks me, "How is Elder Scrolls Online?" I have to answer honestly and says, "It is a cool game, but my stuff in the bank disappeared." Does that really sound like a game you want to run out and buy?

Now if the problem was quickly corrected and items were restored quickly then you could say, "Ya the stuff in my bank disappeared, but they had it fixed and restored in less than a day." That quick response of customer service makes the bank problem nothing but a minor annoyance.
  • skhelterub17_ESO
    Just logged in. Still missing my 10 slot upgrade.

Cant log in the launcher bugged and deleted my entire game client.
  • alejandrorc93
    hi all the items in my bank have vanished i still have the extra slots i bought, pls add me to the list to check
    thanks
  • kestrel_mpb16_ESO
    I have received a few email responses. (I created an ingame ticket and a followup, referencing the previous ticket.) I have not received any contact ingame.

One said the problem would be escalated. Ref: 140401-057529

To one, I received instructions telling me how to enable retail purchase codes. This had nothing to do with my problem. The email further stated my ticket was closed. Ref: 140402-000109

Then another helpfully telling me that ESO was live and my problem would now have been corrected. It is not corrected. My bank stuff is still gone. I did not receive an ingame email with my items. Ref: 140403-039395

Joy. Now a new one. This one is asking for all of the details on my account information. I am logged on to the game *right now*. Can't they connect one of the three tickets to my account without needing all of my account info? (Including secret question? My real name? What's up with that?)

• skhelterub17_ESO
    DO NOT REPLY! This is a common fishing tactic. No gaming company should ever have to ask for your info thru email.
    Edited by skhelterub17_ESO on April 4, 2014 12:43AM
  • boredpeonub17_ESO
    Here comes the 24 hour mark since being bugged with my bank. Nothing better than owning a broken game.
  • Arsvita
    Reported this, Full 60/60 Bank Items, in-game almost a day and a half ago (APR 2: 5:30 PM).

This happened while I was questing solo an a Lv7 character.

Got a reply back that it may have been hit by a Kahjiit thief (6:37 PM). Was asked to wait for an e-mail about the issue.

APR 3, 12:50 AM "Our soothsayers have determined that the minions of Molag Bal have unjustly relieved you of some of your hard-won possessions.

The mages in charge of our wards of protection are deeply sorry for this oversight. They wish to assure you that they have identified each and every adventurer who lost items, as well as each and every item that was lost.

This state of affairs will not stand! Our mages are busily summoning the missing items back from Molag Bal’s vaults in Coldharbor. As quickly as they can retrieve them, we will dispatch our trusted and honorable Gamemasters to return your goods to you.

Keep an eye on your in-game mailbox, as your items shall be returned to you as soon as they become available."

Have logged in and checked, 10:00 PM CT, still waiting.

I cannot play at this time as my characters bags are full and I am unable to use the bank for fear of excess items in the bank (as the bank was full 60/60 of crafting materials and early access Imperial Account items [ I never saw a monkey?]) or of more disappearing from the bank.

Hope that it is fixed soon and I hope that this helps everyone know that they are working on it.

[edit] p.s. Fire the Orc that was maintaining the bank while promoting his ability to rend any thieves. :)
    Edited by Arsvita on April 4, 2014 3:57AM
  • Nyrielle
    Nyrielle
    ✭✭
    DO NOT REPLY! This is a common fishing tactic. No gaming company should ever have to ask for your info thru email.

I wouldn't be so sure on this occasion. I received exactly the same sort of email. I thought wtf myself. I only answered it because they actually had part of my initial ticket in the email. I accidentally had 2 tickets going. I replied to the one asking for such detailed info against my better judgement. I received 3 replies from the same csr today concerning both tickets. If it contains part of the original ticket I don't see how it could a fishing email.

Edited by Nyrielle on April 4, 2014 4:11AM
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG! This happened AGAIN! EVERYTHING WAS GONE... but I got the email saying it was coming back in the mail, so I started putting things back in the bank... and even bought two more upgrades (my other 3 ugprades disappeared the first time)...

Now... just a few minutes ago... EVERYTHING IS GONE AGAIN! INCLUDING THE UPGRADES!!!!!!

That's TWICE in 24 HOURS?!!! That's UNACCEPTABLE.

• TheTycoon
    TheTycoon
    Add me to the list of players. This is a major bug.

Edit: My bank is now restored only a few minutes after submitting/posting. The upgrade is not restored though.
    Edited by TheTycoon on April 4, 2014 4:23AM
    If you like fishing and want to join a guild focused on fishing and role playing, send me a message on the forums or in-game @TycoonBarnaby
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is UNPLAYABLE.

If you can't depend on the bank to hold your stuff... and the backpack upgrades are OUTRAGEOUSLY priced, given the bank randomly deletes your stuff... it's simply UNPLAYABLE.

I cannot do anything else... my pack is full and I now have no place to put it... I have no confidence that creating a "mule" and trying to offload it will work... since to do that... I have to put it... IN THE BANK.

• Cuddler
    Cuddler
    ✭✭✭
    3rd day waiting, still no response to my emails, and after seeing the post above, it looks like it's not safe to put new stuff in the bank. Should I create a pack of mule chararacters instead, or take a break until Zenimax can get their act together? I am not sure anymore...
  • skhelterub17_ESO
    I've had some email response but haven't seen any items recovered.
  • Annwynn_ESO
    Annwynn_ESO
    ✭✭
    Not even a ...ya we got you ...yet :(
  • EBTrigger
    EBTrigger
    Soul Shriven
    I'm assuming that there has not been any updates on this problem......just received one of those generic emails from the tech support guys saying that I must have pre-ordered the game from a third party vendor and I need to put in a code to get my items.

Tech support obviously didn't even read my message where I had specifically stated that I had pre-ordered through Zenimax, already had my items, and had already put them in my bank. Just to have a game breaking bug wipe my bank clean.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE: SOME... repeat SOME... stuff re-appeared in bank... but since I had the bank full and I had 80 slots... 20 slots of stuff is missing from this last time... 30 slots of stuff is missing from the last time. That's not mentioning the ENORMOUS amount of gold missing from the upgrades.

This is a HUGE... HUGE... (did I mention HUGE)... BUG. As I stated above... the game is unplayable without storage. You STIFF the players with outlandish prices for both the bank and the backpack upgrades... and then they randomly disappear taking all of your stuff with it... and then... it takes... what... days? weeks? never? to get things back?

It's bad enough that it happened once... but having it happen TWICE in the same 24-36 hour period is OUTRAGEOUS!

• ml_182b16_ESO
    bump for attention
  • berkajerk
    berkajerk
    ✭✭
    Still awaitng my 80 stacks of items to be returned as well. Over 24+ hours of in game crafting and looting gone...
  • raygundan
    raygundan
    I just got a response back from support that my ticket is "solved," but nothing is back in the bank. (Ticket 140402-000860)

The resolution reply doesn't even make sense-- it looks like they just replied with some boilerplate about how to get preorder items with codes from a retailer. That has nothing to do with all the lost bank items. Please, please, please get this fixed. How this issue is handled is my test for whether I'm staying in the game. I'm okay with bugs, especially during launch-- but if CS can't make them right, I think I'm done.

Here's the reply:

Hail and Well Met Vestige,
    Thank you for brining your lack of reward bonuses to our attention. Rest assured that there is a way for these rewards to reach your inventory. The Prophet has tasked me to inform you how to accomplish this.
    For purchases from certain retailers, some digital perks and bonus items will not be available until a game key has been applied to the customer's account. This means customers may have received some of the digital perks and bonus items, such as the ability to play any race in any alliance, but not all of the expected items.

Items Affected:
    o Mubcrab Vanity Pet
    o Scuttler Vanity Pet
    o Bonus Treasure Maps

The remaining pre-order bonus items will be received when customers enter the game key provided by your retailer starting on April 3rd.
    1. Locate the game code, not the early access code, in the retail box (or sent in an email in the case of a "download only" purchase)
    2. Log into http://account.elderscrollsonline.com
    3. Click Account Summary
    4. Click Redeem Code
    5. Enter the Game Code
    6. Apply the game key
    7. Log into the game and check the in-game mail to verify the pre-order bonus items

If this process does not resolve your issue please contact us again and we will investigate the matter further.
    Thank you for your continued support. May you break many anchors in quest for the Ruby Throne
  • EBTrigger
    EBTrigger
    Soul Shriven
    Zenimax, can you please provide an update on this issue. At this point I don't care about the random assorted items that I lost. I have already farmed them back with probably an inventory double that in which I lost. BUT I cannot farm back pre-order bonus material.
  • Annwynn_ESO
    Annwynn_ESO
    ✭✭
    Bump..ditto
  • Bluel
    Bluel
    Is anyony still working on fixing this? Because it is still not resolved, my items and skills are still missing and noone from support is interested in contacting with me about how to resolve this.
  • EBTrigger
    EBTrigger
    Soul Shriven
    What makes this suck for us is I feel like they are grouping us in with the people that deleted their first character and lost all of the stuff. Both groups are screaming to get their stuff back, but they lost it due to user error we lost ours via game breaking bug. I feel like they are only catering to the idiots that deleted their stuff and not paying attention to the people that didn't do anything wrong.
  • KindaMayvelle
    KindaMayvelle
    ✭✭✭
    At this point I don't even care if they return my lost items...but I would REALLY like my 20 bank slots back, as well as my lost gold. I don't enjoy being broke in the game, especially since it was through no error of my own. And on top of that, it seems the problem that caused it hasn't been fixed -- I have seen several new posts going around where people have had their banks wiped AGAIN. Please escalate this, Zenimax, as the people affected by this cannot safely play the game if anything we put in the bank may vanish, again.
  • EBTrigger
    EBTrigger
    Soul Shriven
    I've been trying to keep multiple alts constantly stocked up with items from my bank, but if this happens again and I loose even one item then I'm done with this game and take the 60$ hit and spread the word to avoid this game.

I don't have as much time as I did 10 years ago to play MMO's like when I was in college and I am not going to waste my time on a game that can't even store my items correctly.
  • Bluel
    Bluel
    Well I can get back my items. But getting back 40 skills points and playing with 4 on level 20+ is not fun (lost all equipped items, inventory, bank, skill points and mount lvl 5)
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow now I'm horrified when I log all my hard earned stuff maybe gone