The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Everything in my bank is gone/deleted while playing

• DeJo
    DeJo
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Dominoid wrote: »
    This isn't even remotely an option for the vast, vast, vast majority of players. This would be MMO suicide. But I appreciate your understanding.

Nah, if it was compensated in some way I think it'd be acceptable. And it saved FFXIV...

I left FFXIV with two months left on a paid subscription and did not look back. My entire guild with the exception of 1 person also left the game so I am not certain FFXIV is 'saved' or a great example to use.

• babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Dominoid wrote: »
    This isn't even remotely an option for the vast, vast, vast majority of players. This would be MMO suicide. But I appreciate your understanding.

Nah, if it was compensated in some way I think it'd be acceptable. And it saved FFXIV...
    They relaunched FFXIV because the game sucked in many ways in terms of gameplay...it isn't the case here where it's just a bug that needs patching.
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    So you guys all on the US server, or is this also an issue on the EU server?
    “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • skhelterub17_ESO
    Well the servers have been down for 6 hours now at least. While this is bad, i remember when WoW had a dozen or so rollbacks of more then 30minutes EACH day on top of being completely unstable the rest of the time. I am glad they are fixing it now( i hope they get it done asap ), if thats what they brought the servers down for. I cant even imagine a problem like this and how it could grow if the servers were left on! It would only make the problem worse and less likely to be fixed properly.

I LOVE this game and am hoping they get it fixed soon! Even with all the bugs i've seen so far this is the only one that is that big a deal(that i've seen). crossing my fingers i'll have my bank back when i log in!
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that's why I was wondering.. Wether the European megaserver will need to be patched later today as well or not. A lot of reports in here are from people who say it recently happened to them, but the server should be down AFAIK.

“To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • Tiberius_
    Tiberius_
    ✭✭✭
    Just a thought - Did everyone who experienced this bug play on the overflow servers at some point? I can't imagine what might cause this bug other than a shuffle/mix-up between servers.
  • Gilgamesh007
    deleted by poster
    Edited by Gilgamesh007 on April 2, 2014 1:37PM
  • Gilgamesh007
    Last night a few North American users reported inventory-related issues with their character account, such as seeing additional inventory items appear, or seeing items that were not earned through gameplay. We've identified and fixed the problem,

What about the reports of people randomly logging onto other people's account...
  • skhelterub17_ESO
    Last night a few North American users reported inventory-related issues with their character account, such as seeing additional inventory items appear, or seeing items that were not earned through gameplay. We've identified and fixed the problem,

What about the reports of people randomly logging onto other people's account...

I believe the two events were related.
  • KindaMayvelle
    KindaMayvelle
    ✭✭✭
    I had something like this happen last night... I logged onto my crafter and everything in my bank was gone, and I got an in-game mail giving me Imperial Edition stuff when I had already redeemed my items. Logging back in seemed to bring my bank back, but I don't know if my stuff will still be there when the server comes back up since that was the last time I logged in last night.
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • anoobgirl
    anoobgirl
    Thankfully I'm not the only one with this issue. Usually if you are an outlier they tell you to go shove it, if enough people are affected then something is done about it.
  • skhelterub17_ESO
    Hmm new patch notes are up but i didn't see a mention to the bank fix. Did i miss it somewhere? Can we have some assurance its fixed?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64066/patch-notes-v1-0-1#latest
  • JLinde13
    JLinde13
    Yup. I lost all my bank items after a character. Hadn't upgraded slots. But I had switched toons to craft items and upon the first attempt, login failed. So did it again and it logged in but I spawned in what I think was a corner of the map, below the ground and proceeded to fall into water and drown. I respawned at the nearest way shrine, which was never on my map for that toon and went back to Vulkhel Guard. Went to craft as planned and could only see the items in my inventory. So I checked my bank and that's when I realized it was all gone. Tried on other characters and it was empty for them too. This happened after the notification that in game mail was disabled and upon respawning, noticed I had been mailed my Imperial edition items. Submitted an email to support which currently sits awaiting review by a level 2 tech.
  • Swoop
    Swoop
    ✭✭✭
    Funny in-game moment:

NPC banker says something to the effect of "All your things will be safe with me!" Meanwhile, I'm staring at an empty 80-slot bank (previously full).

I actually LOL'd
  • skhelterub17_ESO
    "He died. He died because i hit him."

Well the game just stole all my bank items Mr. Orc... wait forget that... I want this game to live on!
  • xdrdrummermanxb14_ESO
    Swoop wrote: »
    Funny in-game moment:

NPC banker says something to the effect of "All your things will be safe with me!" Meanwhile, I'm staring at an empty 80-slot bank (previously full).

I actually LOL'd

He must have been like "All your things are safe with me" winkwinkwink
  • deef85b16_ESO
    deef85b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Swoop wrote: »
    Funny in-game moment:

I actually LOL'd

He must have been like "All your things are safe with me" winkwinkwink

Poof!, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. It's gone.

Just a little humor to ease the pain :) Hope everything will be alright soon for you guys!
  • yorkSmoker
    my bank EMPTY also. pls at least bring my maps back!!
  • Tidezen
    Tidezen
    ✭✭
    I lost all my bank items as well, 70 slots. It also happened sometime after I got a "failed to transfer" error. I think I also crashed once between that and the next time I opened my bank to find it empty.
  • Cuddler
    Cuddler
    ✭✭✭
    I just logged in after the maintenance, and found the issue is not resolved, all items in my bank are still missing.
  • Vostok
    Vostok
    Soul Shriven
    Bank is still empty after the patch. :(
  • skhelterub17_ESO
    Bank is Empty after patch too.
  • Niria
    Niria
    I would like to know why I am being told by customer support that they will not restore what was in my bank until I provide them with the last 4 digits of my credit card. What kind of bull is that? This is an obvious system issue, servers being brought down for hours, lots of people complaining. Why is it the people that posted on the first two pages of this forum thread were promised their accounts would be fixed with just a post, and I have to fight with CS via email to get mine addressed? Ticket #140401-055674
  • drazilelite
    I have updated my client and logged in. My bank remains empty, was this issue not addressed in the 12 hour maintenance or am I just unlucky to not have had mine restored?
  • dragonsquarterb16_ESO
    I just logged into the EU server and my bank is empty, all gone including the pre-order gifts :(

It's funny that I never ran into any real problems in beta save for the odd broken quest, but now that the game is live it's been one thing after another!.
  • mrwilson714_ESO
    mrwilson714_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am still missing 10 slots. Showing 60 instead of 70 slots. My items are there, they came back last night after reloading a couple of times.
  • Lizelle
    Lizelle
    ✭✭✭
    I assume the patch was to fix the underlying cause of the issue. They probably still have to find a way to restore the data.
  • anoobgirl
    anoobgirl
    I have been testing a bit since the servers came back up. Anything that I put into the bank is deleted after re-logging (not sure if this is the trigger yet).

Just a heads up, the patch that was applied today had nothing to do with bank bugs. Your banked items are NOT SAFE.
    Edited by anoobgirl on April 2, 2014 7:42PM
  • Ady
    Ady
    Same problem here. My bank is empty.