The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Everything in my bank is gone/deleted while playing

• Glashtrone
    I also lost everything in my bank I had thought it was the patch that did it because I had everything when I logged last night but after patch nothing :(.
  • Aria
    Aria
    ✭✭✭
    berkajerk wrote: »
    2nd Update from Customer Support

@Aria‌ @Vostok‌ @anorend123ub17_ESO‌ @EBTrigger‌

"The most recent patch should prevent the issue from occurring again, so at the moment it's just a matter of correcting issue for the affected players.

You won't have any problems continuing to use the bank as normal, the items should be rolled out via in-game mail, I'll let you know if that changes.

If you need anything else, please let me know, until then though, may your might never fade and your skills in battle never flounder against the tyranny of Molag Bal and his Daedric horde!"

That they have resolved the issue is great!

However the items they are talking about replacing I would guess are just the special pre-order items, or are they planning on mailing us the entire contents of our personal bank before everything went poof?
    Silver Dragon Legion
    "The adult, casual no drama guild you've been waiting for!"
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks for your patience, everyone. We are working to restore the missing bank inventory items to all impacted. We'll update everyone once the restoration process is complete.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • skhelterub17_ESO
    Thank you Jessica!
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your patience, everyone. We are working to restore the missing bank inventory items to all impacted. We'll update everyone once the restoration process is complete.

Thank you for the update!
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have any type of ETA? Should we continue playing or will our account be restored to a previous version and we lose all of our progress?

• Arkurin244167
    Thanks for the update, i was getting a bit nervous because i never got a response back from customer service.
    Is it safe to continue putting items into our banks? are they rolling our banks back to a previous state or just adding the lost items back in?
  • Mizphit
    Mizphit
    So I keep making alts and passing items to them to hold cause I don't know if I can use my bank yet. Can we get an answer on that?
  • Wolf359
    Wolf359
    Soul Shriven
    Thx for the updates! As of this moment I have lost everything in the bank also. I'm really hoping they replace the items lost with this horrible bug.
  • brian.loefflerb14_ESO
    brian.loefflerb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This is odd, I never lost items in my bank, but the bank slot upgrade I purchased is gone. All the overflow items just appeared in my characters bag.
    A Lawful Good Templar
    does not mean
    a Lawful Nice Templar
  • drazilelite

Thanks a lot for updating us!

• ImageGuru
    ImageGuru
    That's great news...I think some or most of my items are back in my bank after logging out and logging back in, but my bank space reverted to the original 60 spaces (I'd upgraded once for the 1,000 gold to 70 spaces...it now says 1,000 gold to upgrade) and if that isn't bad enough, I'd deposited 1, 750 gold from across my characters (I was working toward the 3,300 for the next bank upgrade) and that is gone as well. :(
  • Mizphit
    Mizphit
    Just got an email from my ticket submitted.
    Our soothsayers have determined that the minions of Molag Bal have unjustly relieved you of some of your hard-won possessions.
    The mages in charge of our wards of protection are deeply sorry for this oversight. They wish to assure you that they have identified each and every adventurer who lost items, as well as each and every item that was lost.
    This state of affairs will not stand! Our mages are busily summoning the missing items back from Molag Bal’s vaults in Coldharbor. As quickly as they can retrieve them, we will dispatch our trusted and honorable Gamemasters to return your goods to you.
    Keep an eye on your in-game mailbox, as your items shall be returned to you as soon as they become available.

Appears they have fixed it and we are getting our stuff back via game mail... Woot!!
    Thank you :)
  • iBeahm
    iBeahm
    Haven't gotten mine yet hopefully it's in the mail or bank when I log on tomorrow
  • patrick.lodderb16_ESO
    so my bank is empty too.
  • LordDakor
    LordDakor
    My bank is empty, I feel powerless. Add me to the list. I must have my items returned.
  • KindaMayvelle
    KindaMayvelle
    ✭✭✭
    My bank still isn't fixed, but I'm glad to hear they're working on it. I don't mind waiting, there's a lot of people who were affected after all.
  • Shel8585eb17_ESO
    my bank lost its upgrade just 20 mins before the server went down for maintenance, and my inventory got flooded, now im just waiting to get my money back, had alot of it stashed :/
  • boredpeonub17_ESO
    I filed a ticket 140403-006971 and was told my issue would be resolved. So they went ahead set the ticket as resolved and did NOTHING.

I love how they claimed the patch fixed the problem. When it happened AFTER the patch.
    Edited by boredpeonub17_ESO on April 3, 2014 2:04PM
  • Annwynn_ESO
    Annwynn_ESO
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the updates, my bank is still empty however :(
  • ImageGuru
    ImageGuru
    Yup...my bank upgrade is still gone, and the 1750 gold I had deposited is also gone. Really frustrating, because I don't know if I should keep playing, or not change anything on my characters.
  • Aria
    Aria
    ✭✭✭
    I filed a ticket 140403-006971 and was told my issue would be resolved. So they went ahead set the ticket as resolved and did NOTHING.

I love how they claimed the patch fixed the problem. When it happened AFTER the patch.

They could have phrased it better I agree, but the important thing here is they are going to get our lost items back to us.

Or did you lose everything in your bank after the patch update?

Silver Dragon Legion
    "The adult, casual no drama guild you've been waiting for!"
  • iBeahm
    iBeahm
    They sent 2 emails out but no items have arrived yet. Hopefully when the game comes back online they will be waiting for me! :cold_sweat:
  • xdrdrummermanxb14_ESO
    iBeahm wrote: »
    They sent 2 emails out but no items have arrived yet. Hopefully when the game comes back online they will be waiting for me! :cold_sweat:

Only time will tell sadly. But they have been good about contacting me and letting me no they are working on it threw email/ingame/and here on the forum so dont worry about it to much =)
  • boredpeonub17_ESO
    I can tell you EXACTLY how it happened, I think.

I was dumping stuff off into the bank. I switched to another character to take some items. When I opened the bank it was completely empty. I immediately logged out WITHOUT touching anything in it. I logged back in and my stuff came back.

• Annwynn_ESO
    Annwynn_ESO
    ✭✭
    Only time will tell sadly. But they have been good about contacting me and letting me no they are working on it threw email/ingame/and here on the forum so dont worry about it to much =)

I have not received a single word ingame from them and only a standard email stating, ya ya we got your ticket and will assume the issue is resolved if we don't hear back from you regarding this issue within 120 hrs. Nothing from them about getting anything from ingame mail or such. I love the cute letter about the mages taking care of it...wish I had one.
  • skhelterub17_ESO
    crossing fingers that since the mail system should be back online that they will be sending us our stuff!!!
  • Swoop
    Swoop
    ✭✭✭
    I can tell you EXACTLY how it happened, I think.

I was dumping stuff off into the bank. I switched to another character to take some items. When I opened the bank it was completely empty. I immediately logged out WITHOUT touching anything in it. I logged back in and my stuff came back.
    I did the very same thing, but my stuff did not return. I am hoping it will all return in the mail some time soon.

The ZOS email response was encouraging (...and a tip of my hat to the creative response about Molag Bal stealing my stuff.)
  • rrcottinb14_ESO
    Waiting almost two days for some meaningful help from ZOS on this issue. How freaking hard is it to refund my bank upgrades or restore them? Customer Service may be polite but, they are starting to look pretty darn useless.

I am trying so hard to love ESO. It has a lot of great aspects to it. But, if you can't reliably store items, what is the point? Stuff vanishes and, apparently, so do customer support requests.
  • Nyrielle
    Nyrielle
    ✭✭
    Mizphit wrote: »
    Just got an email from my ticket submitted.
    Our soothsayers have determined that the minions of Molag Bal have unjustly relieved you of some of your hard-won possessions.
    The mages in charge of our wards of protection are deeply sorry for this oversight. They wish to assure you that they have identified each and every adventurer who lost items, as well as each and every item that was lost.
    This state of affairs will not stand! Our mages are busily summoning the missing items back from Molag Bal’s vaults in Coldharbor. As quickly as they can retrieve them, we will dispatch our trusted and honorable Gamemasters to return your goods to you.
    Keep an eye on your in-game mailbox, as your items shall be returned to you as soon as they become available.

Appears they have fixed it and we are getting our stuff back via game mail... Woot!!
    Thank you :)

Thank you for the good news. I myself am one of those adventurers. I had heard my ticket was going to be escalated to a GM and have been waiting for it to be taken care of since early today. I surely hope this downtime fixes it.

I am loving the game even with this problem and quite happy with how aggressively Zenimax is going after these bugs. Heres hoping the downtime will not be overly long.

Edited by Nyrielle on April 3, 2014 9:25PM