The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why do some people hate HA?

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    I read in a lot of comments that HASorc is too strong thats why nerf is good. Maybe you noticed that there are other classes too in this game. For example my Templar who really needs HA because class skills are weak. Do we care other classes than Sorc?

Templar is getting buffed with Necrom. There are also global skills that can be used. And I know two templars myself who are both still rather good. Templar isn’t writhing in the gutter, it doesn’t NEED HA.
    But anyways Sorcerer works really well with HA because it reduces the amount of skills to use even further, buffs shock damage, and has a strong burst heal. Which is why it’s the meta for HA. HA trial teams are often 1 HA support necro and the rest HAsorc.

As I remember Templar will get mainly defensive buffs so not really helpful. And you know 2 Templars who are rather good. (and how many Sorcerers do you know who are not rather good but very good?) Maybe that huge number of good Templars you know explain why they need buff or HA.

Like Agenericname said, damage buff to class abilities. And Monday is balancing update part 2, might be more there. As for non-HA sorcerer DPS, I can only think of one off the top of my head and I don’t know them as well. HA-sorcerer, too many to count. I think most non-HA are DKs or not DPS.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Gnesnig
    Gnesnig
    ✭✭✭
    I read in a lot of comments that HASorc is too strong thats why nerf is good. Maybe you noticed that there are other classes too in this game. For example my Templar who really needs HA because class skills are weak. Do we care other classes than Sorc?

If this is Magicka DPS, have you looked at Xynode's "Off Balance" build?

Sorcs are mentioned more frequently, because the HA works best with lightning staff and sorcs are the masters of lightning, so it's double advantageous.
    And as mentioned earlier, it's becoming the standard for DPS. It's pure irony to see that something marketed as tailoring to diversity through accessibility is in fact resulting in less diversity by making other builds largely unpopular and soon obsolete.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnesnig wrote: »

Sorcs are mentioned more frequently, because the HA works best with lightning staff and sorcs are the masters of lightning, so it's double advantageous.
    And as mentioned earlier, it's becoming the standard for DPS. It's pure irony to see that something marketed as tailoring to diversity through accessibility is in fact resulting in less diversity by making other builds largely unpopular and soon obsolete.

So my HA-weaving Greatsword-wielding StamMelee PetSorc isn't BIS/META? I mean, I already knew that, but I'm just saying it out loud so everyone else will stop asking ZOS to nerf me to Oblivion. :D
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

So my HA-weaving Greatsword-wielding StamMelee PetSorc isn't BIS/META? I mean, I already knew that, but I'm just saying it out loud so everyone else will stop asking ZOS to nerf me to Oblivion. :D

Not everyone's asking to nerf you. The target most if not everyone is after is oakenHA lightning staff sorcerer really. Which is possible to adjust without nerfing you.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The Sorcerer lightning damage passive adds 2.5% or less to HA damage.
  • nemesrichard
    nemesrichard
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

Templar is getting buffed with Necrom. There are also global skills that can be used. And I know two templars myself who are both still rather good. Templar isn’t writhing in the gutter, it doesn’t NEED HA.
    But anyways Sorcerer works really well with HA because it reduces the amount of skills to use even further, buffs shock damage, and has a strong burst heal. Which is why it’s the meta for HA. HA trial teams are often 1 HA support necro and the rest HAsorc.

As I remember Templar will get mainly defensive buffs so not really helpful. And you know 2 Templars who are rather good. (and how many Sorcerers do you know who are not rather good but very good?) Maybe that huge number of good Templars you know explain why they need buff or HA.

Templars are getting 5% damage buff to class abilities when Solar Barrage is up.

Im not sure what you mean by the rest of that, but Templars are more than capable of the hardest content in the game right now. They will be stronger after the update. They dont stack up well against other classes, like DK, but not many do.

Yes Templar can do fine in PVE as most classes but here I am talking about numbers (at least thats the reason of HA nerf). And in PVP imo Templar need more than a 5 % buff that needs solar barrage slotted.