The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Let's talk about weaving

Tradewind
Tradewind
✭✭✭✭
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on May 17, 2023 6:57PM
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it. Weaved my first basket a few weeks ago. It's nothing fancy--just something I can carry flowers in. Might try a blanket next.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Needs to be on a loom for me.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not for me, heard it can damage your hair.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tradewind wrote: »
    r6tdl7t8h5tl.png

How fun is it for you? Because for me, it's really enjoyable, and I am a healer.

It’s not fun it’s a painful to my disabled hands.
    It removes the elder scrolls
    Feel from the combat and makes it feel more like a mortal combat game mixed with guitar hero.

Not a fan.

I can do it but I hate it. I’m glad there is another play style which makes this game enjoyable. A play style in which I hope zos reverses their nerfs as it’s still weaker than la play style.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/626539/do-you-actually-enjoy-the-light-heavy-attack-weaving-mechanic-within-esos-combat-system#latest

52% nay 47% aye.

More than half of the people who are invested enough in the game to come to the forums dislike it. This doesn't even count the casuals who don't venture the forums. I can only hope zos is careful when a majority have expressed their opinion on this.
    Edited by Lumenn on April 29, 2023 8:10PM
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like it a lot.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have always been a very bad weaving DPS. I'm a healer or HA only. However, weaving with 300+ latency doesn't seem fun.
    As a healer, and if they die because latency, I say; "You may not be familiar with the mechanics".
    Edited by Tradewind on April 29, 2023 5:59PM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    r6tdl7t8h5tl.png

How fun is it for you? Because for me, it's really enjoyable, and I am a healer.

Feel from the combat and makes it feel more like a mortal combat game mixed with guitar hero.

Not a fan.

I can do it but I hate it. I’m glad there is another play style which makes this game enjoyable. A play style in which I hope zos reverses their nerfs as it’s still weaker than la play style.

My feeling exactly.

In fact even with the HA single bar nerf, I am switching my main trial character from a stam nb to a mag sorc HA build. It just feels more enjoyable than weaving for me.

My wish is that zos will open up HA builds for a wider variety of classes, builds, and roles.
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    r6tdl7t8h5tl.png

Not a fan.

My feeling exactly.

In fact even with the HA single bar nerf, I am switching my main trial character from a stam nb to a mag sorc HA build. It just feels more enjoyable than weaving for me.

My wish is that zos will open up HA builds for a wider variety of classes, builds, and roles.

In Keeping main one bar HA magic sorcerer for mostly solo and main stories. I’m going to make a healer to do dungeons and what not. Unless the nerf doesn’t go through or gets reversed.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is part of the game and is a nice feature that allows you to do more damage.

But next chapter seems to be bringing a Mythic item that gives you damage and penetration bonuses but reducing your light attack damage to almost none. So if some does not want to weave they can use this mythic.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I'm generally opposed to animation cancellation across gaming as in my view it looks sloppy, generates balance issues, and produces situations where players end up learning to play the game by leaning heavily on out of game resources.

As long as weaving is going to be a thing, Light Attacks are going to be held back because of it.
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    Internet speed:
    bgnktbrri7hl.png

game speed:
    7awyqll58et0.png

Let's go train rotations! Amazing!

edit:
    What is the strongest class and race to play with? Do you have any tips?
    f52j3gpdv9kr.png
    Edited by Tradewind on April 29, 2023 8:37PM
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Internet speed:
    bgnktbrri7hl.png

game speed:
    7awyqll58et0.png

Let's go train rotations! Amazing!

edit:
    What is the strongest class and race to play with? Do you have any tips?
    f52j3gpdv9kr.png

My ping is normally 100-120 but has spikes up to 500+ that can some times last longer than desired. It also sometimes dips below into the 80s it is inconsistent. The thing with weaving is we need steady and consistent ping even if it’s not high ping if it’s inconsistent it affects the rotation. That is definitely the case for me.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love it.
    every new game I try, I am surprised I can't weave.. :(
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    My ping is normally 100-120 but has spikes up to 500+ that can some times last longer than desired. It also sometimes dips below into the 80s it is inconsistent. The thing with weaving is we need steady and consistent ping even if it’s not high ping if it’s inconsistent it affects the rotation. That is definitely the case for me.

Well, this is completely new to me. Despite having spent some years in ESO, I have never seen this before.
    n9ld965f58vb.png
    xrkqe6ktvlk7.png
    j4hf3dq6knpo.png

• isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, this is completely new to me. Despite having spent some years in ESO, I have never seen this before.
    n9ld965f58vb.png
    xrkqe6ktvlk7.png
    j4hf3dq6knpo.png

Not… sure as I don’t know your location or provider or if you are even hard wired in.

However my only point stands you need consistent ping for a good rotation. Even if you have 200+ ping if it’s consistent you can still get a rhythm down. If you ping jumps from 80-500 every 2 seconds you will not be able to do a fluid and successful rotation.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather save any reflexes and coordination challenges for things that actually feel like combat. "Animation cancelling" is not that. It's just a stupid distraction.

Indeed, one reason I don't like melee combat in MMOs is that there's no realistic concept of parry/riposte (or evade/riposte or whatever).
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on April 29, 2023 9:23PM
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather save any reflexes and coordination challenges for things that actually feel like combat. "Animation cancelling" is not that. It's just a stupid distraction.

Indeed, one reason I don't like melee combat in MMOs is that there's no realistic concept of parry/riposte (or evade/riposte or whatever).

It’s funny cos I hated parrying and reposts in the souls games too. If you lag you can’t land one. Parry and backstabs are just the weaving of the souls games lol. I prefer good old Skyrim hack and slash combat or spells in 2 hands or sword in the other when I swing my sword than shoot a spell off it does exactly what i tell it to do in real time. It may not be “dynamic” but it’s more immersive and realistic.
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, we can't train weaving because of lag. Didn't Zenimax give us new servers recently?
    This doesn't seem right, it's kind of strange.
  • kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just here to be part of the legendary weeklong meltdown.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    weaving physically hurts and does not feel like it belongs
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, we can't train weaving because of lag. Didn't Zenimax give us new servers recently?
    This doesn't seem right, it's kind of strange.

You distance to the server and your provider determines that. for instance I’m on the east coast the server for the USA is in Texas. I’m not that closer to the server and I don’t have super super high powered internet. I have the highest internet I can get in my building but it’s not the greatest. Many factors affect ping. The servers aren’t bad.

There is also people mastering weaving in Australia and Asia who have 400 ping or more all the time.
    Edited by isadoraisacat on April 29, 2023 9:46PM
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Once again I’m just trying to have a conversation.
    I’m sorry you haven’t seen this before … I’m just explaining inconsistent ping can affect a successful rotation. I am not your enemy. In fact I am one of the strongest advocates for HA builds.

And I’ve put myself in the front lines to be attacked in many of the threads to help bring awareness to it’s unfair treatment.

so I’m not sure why you have been condescending to me in this thread and the others.

Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on April 29, 2023 10:10PM
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    so I’m not sure why you have been condescending to me in this thread and the others.

If I did, it was without any intention. Also, I have never treated anyone in the wrong way (players). Maybe I responded to you more directly about something that was bothering me, but I didn't mean to offend, belittle, or hurt you. We can agree on some things, but then we can have different opinions on certain aspects. However, these are just opinions and ideas.

In this specific case, I just mentioned again what I had already said. I have never had this lag in ESO! That's all. <3
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it. When I go back to play one of my older games with the old style of combat it seems like I am standing around waiting for the GCD to end. Not the case in ESO.

• isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I did, it was without any intention. Also, I have never treated anyone in the wrong way (players). Maybe I responded to you more directly about something that was bothering me, but I didn't mean to offend, belittle, or hurt you. We can agree on some things, but then we can have different opinions on certain aspects. However, these are just opinions and ideas.

In this specific case, I just mentioned again what I had already said. I have never had this lag in ESO! That's all. <3

I really doubt it’s the servers.
    As I said even if you have decent internet.
    All it takes is inconsistent ping. If it jumps
    Back and forth you won’t be able to get a rhythm going. I’ve been a guitarist and bassist since 95’
    And I can tell you if a drummer changes tempo every 2 seconds it will screw up a band. It’s the same concept in this game. And that is just one of the many things wrong with weaving as a style of play.
    Edited by isadoraisacat on April 29, 2023 10:29PM
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭

Back and forth you won’t be able to get a rhythm going. I’ve been a guitarist and bassist since 95’
    And I can tell you if a drummer changes tempo every 2 seconds it will screw up a band. It’s the same concept in this game. And that is just one of the many things wrong with weaving as a style of play.

I don't have any internet issues at all. Surprisingly, I found that even though I live in the EU, the internet speed in NA is faster. I tested it and didn't experience any lag in NA. I don't know!
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have any internet issues at all. Surprisingly, I found that even though I live in the EU, the internet speed in NA is faster. I tested it and didn't experience any lag in NA. I don't know!

I don’t have really lag either.
    It’s that weaving is a bug … and that inconsistency ping even a small dip can change the rhythm based combat and make you loose your rhythm.

That’s why HA works better, it’s designed for real time play and isn’t an exploit of a bug that turns combat into a rhythm based combat. That’s why ping is an issue even people with good internet your ping will always vary slightly even if it’s by a small number and it’s enough to throw off timing.

Some people who manage to have consistent ping can be fine but it is a common complaint with weaving and just one of the many reasons why this bug should have be patched and not turned into a form of combat.
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only enjoy heavy attack weaving. Years of competitive level gameplay with light attack weaving builds has left actual damage to my hands, which is insane. I won't be sacrificing my health anymore for a gameplay style so absurd.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy it in moderation. Admittedly I’m rather bad at weaving in content because I get distracted by mechanics but I’m good enough. Sometimes makes my wrist hurt though so I stop. If I get Necrom definitely going to get that new mythic for when I don’t want to weave.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore