The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Essence Of Detection range on PTS???

• Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Galeriano wrote: »
    It's not completly destroying a class though.

It does destroy a class in team BGs when a coordinated team can take turns drinking potions to shutdown stealth with 100% up time.

IIRC, detect pots share their detect with all team mates.

Against coordinated groups it's another tool for them to flex their communication diff, and in those situations it will be absolutely brutal to play through if you are a stealth player.

Solo players who aren't looking for fights depend on stealth to get around in cyrodil in IC for their non PVP reasons. This empowers large groups to hunt them down and run them over, which they probably will.

That such a significant potential change has no explanation either in the forums or in the patch notes is absurd. Next to Arcanist and the permablock greaves, this is the most significant change to the game for PVP coming next patch. Some players might say this is even more significant than Arcanist based on what they've seen of the class on PTS.

And this leads to another consequence of this change. Everyone likes Tel Var stones, and everyone has found themselves in a situation where they have a lot of them on them. Now imagine how easy it will be to bring Tel Var stones to the home base, knowing that there is no real possibility of hiding.

And you know what the consequence of this will be? You like Hakeijo for 80k (today's prices from PC EU per piece), well, I hope you'll like them for 200k per piece.

Edit:
    Typo

Or people will actually start to visit IC more knowing that now nightblades won't be most favoured class there.

All I need to do now is to chug potions with glyphs reducing potion cool down, running on my old sorc and no newbie can be safe there. You can't run from me, you can't hide from me. Ez tel vars. If something goes wrong, I'll just port behind a corner. Good luck catching me :)

Well than You are sacrificing lots of stats from traits end anchantments and some other effects from different potion to counter one specific playstyle. Your damage or/and sustain will be noticably weaker because of that and You will be in disadventage against everyone who isn't a nightblade. Sounds like a fair tradeoff.

Lol no I wont. Beside of having almost 100% uptime on detection, I can have around 70% uptime on cc immunity and still have magicka recovery (detection potion, cc immunity and magicka pot which I am already using on live) plus being argonian is more than enough when it goes to sustain, also having very high uptime on cc immunity reduces by a lot my need for stamina, AND EVEN IF I would get low I would be using dark deal to get minor berserk and force anyway, AND EVEN IF it would be a problem with 20s cooldown on potion I can just swap to tristat and then use my detection potion to have all buffs up at the same time, potions are way more flexible than sets because I can swap them during combat acordingly to situation. And still I can use any sets I want. I dont have to have perfect stats, few hundreds of spell/weapon damage doesnt matter its just a fraction of damage, but I get unstoppable build in return which is more than enough to get any newbie. Even if I would get into trouble, who cares? Did you ever tried to catch sorc in IC? You need whole coordinated group with very fast builds to even try. As a matter of fact, the only ones who will be able to escape my build will be other sorcs.

Lol yes You will. As a magsorc You will streak around less because of crippled stam sustain so less dark conversion spam which also means less reliable source of healing. Your already average dmg will be even lower. because of loss of dmg enchantments. As a stamsorc You will have crippled stam sustain and lower base dmg resulting with Your offense being super mediocre. Yes You will get some of the stam sustain back due to less breaking free but don't fool Yourself it will be sufficient. Argonian itself is pretty mediocre race when compared to orc or even high elf. You will loose even more dmg just to compensate for sustain loss. Switching potion every 20 seconds sounds nice on paper but will be unreliable in reality and at that point You will loose the benefit of the detection You've build Your whole setup for. What if You will run low on stamina right after You used detect potion because You gave up on potion that restores stamina? You will tell enemy to wait few seconds seconds? it's all nice on paper.

If setup like the one You want to use would be even slightly reliable people would be already running it. After all sorc with a streak could easily chase nightblades even just with 20 meters detection radius. There are also potions giving other nice buffs for example You could use heroism pot combined with resistance pot which gives You unique 5,3k resistances and have 100% uptime on both. You could use immovable pot combined with some other usefull pot. There is lot of theoretically strong combinations that would already work. Suprisingly nobody is using something like that. None of these combinations is stronger than getting 1k wep/spell dmg because this is how much 3x infused wep/spell dmg enchantment gives You after just major sorcery/brutality buff and You will loose this after switching enchantments to potion cooldon reduction. One reduce cost enchantment is stronger than specific resource gain from a potion. Other enchantments are just too strong to give up on them and make Your build all around potions. You are not the first one who had that great idea to build argonian with reduced potion cooldown enchantments. How many of these have You actually seen in PvP doing decent job? You think that just radius increase in detect potion is enough to make mediocre setup a strong and viable one?

To hunt newbies? I could run naked, but now they won't be able to hide from me, that's the only difference:)

Well You've said it Yourself, You could run naked and get similar results.

Nope. I said I can kill newbie naked, but this build is far from being naked :) And please stop to offtop spam another thread on this topic. We need an official statement not your theories.

Well and You also said that setup will be usefull to hunt newbies which You can also do naked.

I am providing my opinions same as You. They are as much theories as everything what You are saying. Yes we need an official statement. It doesn't mean we cannot have a discussion about the change.

Ok.
    Here is the build.

If youre trying to tell me that this is "almost naked" build then lol :D It has damage, sustain, defense, high speed, low roll dodge cost, high crit resistance and can have almost 75% uptime on detection potion, very high uptime on cc immunity and as a lol I can go for stage 4 vampire to have almost no cost cloak while sprinting.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=531972

Edit:
    Typos

Go and use it than. Everything looks nice on the paper. Also it was You who said You can gfet similar results running naked so...
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does destroy a class in team BGs when a coordinated team can take turns drinking potions to shutdown stealth with 100% up time.

Against coordinated groups it's another tool for them to flex their communication diff, and in those situations it will be absolutely brutal to play through if you are a stealth player.

Solo players who aren't looking for fights depend on stealth to get around in cyrodil in IC for their non PVP reasons. This empowers large groups to hunt them down and run them over, which they probably will.

That such a significant potential change has no explanation either in the forums or in the patch notes is absurd. Next to Arcanist and the permablock greaves, this is the most significant change to the game for PVP coming next patch. Some players might say this is even more significant than Arcanist based on what they've seen of the class on PTS.

And this leads to another consequence of this change. Everyone likes Tel Var stones, and everyone has found themselves in a situation where they have a lot of them on them. Now imagine how easy it will be to bring Tel Var stones to the home base, knowing that there is no real possibility of hiding.

And you know what the consequence of this will be? You like Hakeijo for 80k (today's prices from PC EU per piece), well, I hope you'll like them for 200k per piece.

Edit:
    Typo

Or people will actually start to visit IC more knowing that now nightblades won't be most favoured class there.

All I need to do now is to chug potions with glyphs reducing potion cool down, running on my old sorc and no newbie can be safe there. You can't run from me, you can't hide from me. Ez tel vars. If something goes wrong, I'll just port behind a corner. Good luck catching me :)

Well than You are sacrificing lots of stats from traits end anchantments and some other effects from different potion to counter one specific playstyle. Your damage or/and sustain will be noticably weaker because of that and You will be in disadventage against everyone who isn't a nightblade. Sounds like a fair tradeoff.

Lol no I wont. Beside of having almost 100% uptime on detection, I can have around 70% uptime on cc immunity and still have magicka recovery (detection potion, cc immunity and magicka pot which I am already using on live) plus being argonian is more than enough when it goes to sustain, also having very high uptime on cc immunity reduces by a lot my need for stamina, AND EVEN IF I would get low I would be using dark deal to get minor berserk and force anyway, AND EVEN IF it would be a problem with 20s cooldown on potion I can just swap to tristat and then use my detection potion to have all buffs up at the same time, potions are way more flexible than sets because I can swap them during combat acordingly to situation. And still I can use any sets I want. I dont have to have perfect stats, few hundreds of spell/weapon damage doesnt matter its just a fraction of damage, but I get unstoppable build in return which is more than enough to get any newbie. Even if I would get into trouble, who cares? Did you ever tried to catch sorc in IC? You need whole coordinated group with very fast builds to even try. As a matter of fact, the only ones who will be able to escape my build will be other sorcs.

Lol yes You will. As a magsorc You will streak around less because of crippled stam sustain so less dark conversion spam which also means less reliable source of healing. Your already average dmg will be even lower. because of loss of dmg enchantments. As a stamsorc You will have crippled stam sustain and lower base dmg resulting with Your offense being super mediocre. Yes You will get some of the stam sustain back due to less breaking free but don't fool Yourself it will be sufficient. Argonian itself is pretty mediocre race when compared to orc or even high elf. You will loose even more dmg just to compensate for sustain loss. Switching potion every 20 seconds sounds nice on paper but will be unreliable in reality and at that point You will loose the benefit of the detection You've build Your whole setup for. What if You will run low on stamina right after You used detect potion because You gave up on potion that restores stamina? You will tell enemy to wait few seconds seconds? it's all nice on paper.

If setup like the one You want to use would be even slightly reliable people would be already running it. After all sorc with a streak could easily chase nightblades even just with 20 meters detection radius. There are also potions giving other nice buffs for example You could use heroism pot combined with resistance pot which gives You unique 5,3k resistances and have 100% uptime on both. You could use immovable pot combined with some other usefull pot. There is lot of theoretically strong combinations that would already work. Suprisingly nobody is using something like that. None of these combinations is stronger than getting 1k wep/spell dmg because this is how much 3x infused wep/spell dmg enchantment gives You after just major sorcery/brutality buff and You will loose this after switching enchantments to potion cooldon reduction. One reduce cost enchantment is stronger than specific resource gain from a potion. Other enchantments are just too strong to give up on them and make Your build all around potions. You are not the first one who had that great idea to build argonian with reduced potion cooldown enchantments. How many of these have You actually seen in PvP doing decent job? You think that just radius increase in detect potion is enough to make mediocre setup a strong and viable one?

To hunt newbies? I could run naked, but now they won't be able to hide from me, that's the only difference:)

Nope. I said I can kill newbie naked, but this build is far from being naked :) And please stop to offtop spam another thread on this topic. We need an official statement not your theories.

Well and You also said that setup will be usefull to hunt newbies which You can also do naked.

I am providing my opinions same as You. They are as much theories as everything what You are saying. Yes we need an official statement. It doesn't mean we cannot have a discussion about the change.

Ok.
    Here is the build.

If youre trying to tell me that this is "almost naked" build then lol :D It has damage, sustain, defense, high speed, low roll dodge cost, high crit resistance and can have almost 75% uptime on detection potion, very high uptime on cc immunity and as a lol I can go for stage 4 vampire to have almost no cost cloak while sprinting.

Edit:
    Typos

Go and use it than. Everything looks nice on the paper. Also it was You who said You can gfet similar results running naked so...

Nope. I repeat it one more time, I said I can kill newbie naked, not that build is like being naked, don't twist my words. So it is possible to create decent build with almost no cool down on detection.

And I can assure you I will abuse it, I'm just waiting for OP detection potions :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroAxis wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi-xeWxw7K8

I’ll just leave this here to correct some of the information that has been posted here. This will help everybody get a better idea of how the pots work

This was a very useful post. Thank you.

So as it stands the only time a NB will be able to keep themselves from being revealed to everyone is when they are actively spamming cloak every 3 seconds and even then the potion user can see them up to 100M. So having 3K magic regen will be required to even have a chance of getting anywhere near a large fight and you can still count on people getting their kicks by hunting you down with potion cooldown builds. Awesome.
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit:
    Typo

Ok.
    Here is the build.

Edit:
    Typos

Nope. I repeat it one more time, I said I can kill newbie naked, not that build is like being naked, don't twist my words. So it is possible to create decent build with almost no cool down on detection.

And I can assure you I will abuse it, I'm just waiting for OP detection potions :)

Let's agree to disagree. It's obvious You don't understand what I am saying.

Good luck with the build. It will be as weak as it is right now unless suddenly 2/3 of PvP population become stealh based nightblades and even than Your way lower damage pressure will be not enough to kill many of them.

Fact that You were avoiding my questions kinda suggest You already know it and You just want to find any argument to defend nightblades position.
    Edited by Galeriano on May 4, 2023 10:44PM
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When ZOS finally realizes the great injustice this change is and right's it with potions that disable mobility skills (streak) in a 100m radius, strips all ground effects in a 100m radius (warden and templar healing), strips buffs in a 100m radius (especially corrosive armor), makes all projectiles miss in a 100m radius (to be fair you don't need a potion effect for that). I'll be running the potion cooldown build to. All those examples really are pretty much the same thing as 100m range detect pots, and using a consumable to entirely lock a player out of a corner of their kit is peak big brain pvp.
    Edited by DrNukenstein on May 4, 2023 11:00PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weirdest part is that 100m meters is for the most part longer distance than the game render distance. It can be easy tested using a ranged skill as a reference point (like Snipe for example).

So... you will be able to detect players that you don't even see anyway since they are either not rendered yet and for sure you don't have line of sight on them. Meanwhile player "on the receiving end" will be like... "What is going on ?! Is there some NPC that can see me or what ?!"

There will be a lot of false "bug reports" that stealth is not working etc. Imagine standing in Imperial City in one of the district re-spawn point and pretty much acting as a Radar (with potion cool-down build). It may sounds funny, but people will be doing that for sure. Sure, NB will feel that the most, but so will Vamps and every one that is sneaking around.

We are talking about basically "removing" a mechanic from the game (in case of IC or Cyro or BGs) because some one uses a potion.

Also, a thought: If it is not in a Patch Notes, then it is something not intended and most likely should be reported as a bug. This is at least what I am thinking I will do if it goes live, but there won't be any mention of it in the Patch Notes. And lets be clear - when something has 100 meters range in ESO, every sane person would think it is a typo either in the tooltip or even in the code...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 4, 2023 11:14PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weirdest part is that 100m meters is for the most part longer distance than the game render distance. It can be easy tested using a ranged skill as a reference point (like Snipe for example).

So... you will be able to detect players that you don't even see anyway since they are either not rendered yet and for sure you don't have line of sight on them. Meanwhile player "on the receiving end" will be like... "What is going on ?! Is there some NPC that can see me or what ?!"

There will be a lot of false "bug reports" that stealth is not working etc. Imagine standing in Imperial City in one of the district re-spawn point and pretty much acting as a Radar (with potion cool-down build). It may sounds funny, but people will be doing that for sure. Sure, NB will feel that the most, but so will Vamps and every one that is sneaking around.

We are talking about basically "removing" a mechanic from the game (in case of IC or Cyro or BGs) because some one uses a potion.

Also, a thought: If it is not in a Patch Notes, then it is something not intended and most likely should be reported as a bug. This is at least what I am thinking I will do if it goes live, but there won't be any mention of it in the Patch Notes. And lets be clear - when something has 100 meters range in ESO, every sane person would think it is a typo either in the tooltip or even in the code...

I just came up with another very possible use for the 100m range potion. In every ball group, there will be a dedicated person who will drink these potions non-stop, making the ball group completely immune to any bomber attacks.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After removing some unnecessary back and forth from this thread, we would like everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, civil, and constructive.

If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here
    Staff Post
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about clarification as to whether or not this is intended or a bug?!
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bachpain wrote: »
    How about clarification as to whether or not this is intended or a bug?!

Unfortunately, mods only maintain the forum's cleanliness and compliance with the rules, it's not their job (although I sometimes wish it was because they are much more active than other ZOS representatives). We need someone closer to the dev team.

However, the lack of communication in such an important matter as the complete exclusion of one of the game's mechanics is very frustrating.

Edit:
    Just as a reminder @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno we are waiting for any news in this matter.
    Edited by Mayrael on May 5, 2023 10:54PM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, now a question about compliance with the rules. If I make X of such detection potions, stand for example at the respawn point in the district, such as the Temple District, and drink them one after another (with glyphs reducing cooldowns, of course) and won't do anything else for several hours, will it be considered a violation of the rules? Because, as it is, all players from the other factions won't be able to enter stealth in a significant part of the district and won't be able to do anything about it?

Will this be considered trolling or griefing? If so, it seems to me that some clear boundaries will be necessary because if, for example, I run around a district doing nothing but drinking potions, will that also be considered trolling? Or will fighting mobs and constantly drinking those potions to avoid surprise attacks be considered trolling or not? And if I kill one mob in 10 minutes, will I be trolling other players or not?

I'm asking for a friend :P
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Storm27Stars
    Storm27Stars
    ✭✭✭
    The way this game is going, we'll all have to play DK's in ball groups / zergs in the future.

RIP Nightblades and bombers.

• FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What the actual [snip]

Nothing in today's patch notes. Once PTS comes up someone needs to see if this is still at 100m.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 14, 2023 3:56PM
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno surely you can confirm if this is an intended change or not?
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, this should have bee addressed before the end of the first page of this thread.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Range is still 100 meters. For some reason new comments don't move this thread to the top. Sneaky Sneaky.
  • Draxund
    Draxund
    ✭✭✭
    This is a head scratcher for sure... If intended, this single item removes an entire method of gamplay from a core class in ESO. It would be like taking a potion that removes 1 of the 3 class skill lines from a DK or templar or you-name-the-class.

EDIT: Dr Nuke is correct... new replies don't move this thread to the top. Not good.
    Edited by Draxund on May 8, 2023 6:05PM
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxund wrote: »

EDIT: Dr Nuke is correct... new replies don't move this thread to the top. Not good.

Someone should make a new thread about it. Not me though, I've already done so much whining about this apparent ninja nerf to ninjas.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Range is still 100 meters. For some reason new comments don't move this thread to the top. Sneaky Sneaky.

For me its a deal breaker. If this goes live ZOS is not going to get event single cent from me. And what happends with this thread makes me almost certain that this is intentional ninja nerf.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone should make a new thread about it. Not me though, I've already done so much whining about this apparent ninja nerf to ninjas.

There was another thread about this issue. Gonna try to bump it.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is unbelievable. Shutting down a discussion like that… I would never have thought that ZOS would fall back to such methods. Shame on you.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never seen a thread not update it’s position when a new post is added.

This whole thing is bizarre.

Is this potion range thing a bug or an intended change?

Is the thread position not updating a bug or an intended change?

• Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happened a couple of years ago that some threads did not move up in the list with new posts. If I remember correctly, a few of them were "controversial" and it was perceived as soft censoring. We were told it was a bug in the forum software, and (again, if I remember correctly) the explanation made sense back then, as other threads also were affected, just nobody cared about them.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    im sure this isnt a stealth (heh) change and will be addressed in the next patch.

• blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I was as optimistic as you.
    As I said previously, this should have been addressed before the thread even got off the first page.

A Simple yes it's what we are doing, or no it's just a ludicrous test situation would suffice.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Attempted bump of this thread for visibility
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NOPE still not moving to the top of the list.

@ZOS_Kevin ? @ZOS_KatP ??? Any comment??
  • Draxund
    Draxund
    ✭✭✭
    The other thread has been closed -- yikes.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The other thread has been closed -- yikes.

Big yikes