The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

This will change NB for EVER

JonnytheKing
JonnytheKing
✭✭✭✭
EDIT, im guesing they ment to do this, as its not changed on the pts after a patch

100m Range on detects

This is the pts

z6ymqa7c15pq.png
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on May 11, 2023 2:13PM
TWITCH jtk__gaming
GM of Elder-Skills DC PVP Guild NA
Main Toons
MagSorc
MagTemp
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How many people would actually use that?
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    How many people would actually use that?

100m is the base now, so can make any detect pot you want and heaps of poeple use detected pots in pvp
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    GM of Elder-Skills DC PVP Guild NA
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang I thought you were joking but that actually is from the current PTS. Still I would guess it's a mistake since that would be a huge change and it's not mentioned anywhere in the patch notes. At 100m they might as well just delete invisibility from the game.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on April 25, 2023 4:53AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang I thought you were joking but that actually is from the current PTS. Still I would guess it's a mistake since that would be a huge change and it's not mentioned anywhere in the patch notes. At 100m they might as well just delete invisibility from the game.

Isn't that basically what some players have been asking for?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't effect my NB at all, Don't use Invisibility.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't effect my NB at all, Don't use Invisibility.

Pretty much the same for my NB main, as well. But I could definitely see how it will make a difference in PvP.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    Can we please get some official comment on this?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty obviously a mistake, considering the range for Snipe and it's morphs caps at 40 meters. Snipers are the long-range kings, so no way you'd be countering basic stealth from that far out.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does it actually work as described in the tool tip or is it just a mistake on the description and the functionality of the pots themselves remains unaffected?
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If this were real I can guarantee people still wouldn't use detect pots lol
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could go live and we'd still get a half dozen "Stealth is broken" threads a day during Mayhem.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just a UI tool tip or it actually detects in THAT range ? Have anyone tested it ?

It sounds kinda weird and game breaking for sure. Imagine if you use it in a keep or IC. Some one on the other side of the IC district will be detected, even if you dont have a line of sight.

People will be reporting that stealth / invisibility does not work and they will think it is the fault of the PvE mobs. But in reality it will be some player standing in their re-spawn in IC and acting as a "radar" lol.

Also, just a thought. If you combine new potion cooldown set with potion cooldown jewelry, you can easily get 100% uptime on many potions - including detection potions.

Another idea that comes to mind is this: Imagine you are in Cyro in the middle of nowhere or you are approaching a keep, but you are still far away and out of nowhere you get detected. You back up 2 meters and you go back to stealth again. So you immediately know that "someone" out there is using detected potions. So it can work both ways. They will detected you, but they will not even know that as they will not even see you since you are still very far away (the game won't even render you for them). But you will know that enemy player is less that 100 meters away from you.

Sure, it affects NBs the most, but not only them. Vampires and any one who uses stealth potions won't be able to use it. On top of that crouch stealth will also be useless (any class can do those things). So we are talking about entire mechanics being wiped from the game.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 25, 2023 12:46PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty obviously a mistake, considering the range for Snipe and it's morphs caps at 40 meters. Snipers are the long-range kings, so no way you'd be countering basic stealth from that far out.

This is not just a typo in the description, as the potion now actually has a range of 100m. This means that it was an intentional change. However, I would like to hear an official response on this issue before making any decisions, as such a change practically means the end of my subscription.

Such a change means that the cloak can be immediately removed from the game. Just 3 players taking turns using such a potion would ensure that there is no NB within a radius of 100m around them, which eliminates the entire playstyle from the game.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just a UI tool tip or it actually detects in THAT range ? Have anyone tested it ?

It sounds kinda weird and game breaking for sure. Imagine if you use it in a keep or IC. Some one on the other side of the IC district will be detected, even if you dont have a line of sight.

People will be reporting that stealth / invisibility does not work and they will think it is the fault of the PvE mobs. But in reality it will be some player standing in their re-spawn in IC and acting as a "radar" lol.

Also, just a thought. If you combine new potion cooldown set with potion cooldown jewelry, you can easily get 100% uptime on many potions - including detection potions.

Another idea that comes to mind is this: Imagine you are in Cyro in the middle of nowhere or you are approaching a keep, but you are still far away and out of nowhere you get detected. You back up 2 meters and you go back to stealth again. So you immediately know that "someone" out there is using detected potions. So it can work both ways. They will detected you, but they will not even know that as they will not even see you since you are still very far away (the game won't even render you for them). But you will know that enemy player is less that 100 meters away from you.

Sure, it affects NBs the most, but not only them. Vampires and any one who uses stealth potions won't be able to use it. On top of that crouch stealth will also be useless (any class can do those things). So we are talking about entire mechanics being wiped from the game.

Tested. It does have 100m range now.

When you use stealth you'll get opening eye but when you use cloak, vampire invisibility or potion you'll get no warning.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    didnt notice this in the patch notes.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    100m?

Is this to counter people stealthing in keeps?
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it was just a mistake made while working on this:
    Fixed an issue where sources of Invisibility from things such as Shadow Cloak or potions could still allow you to be detected by other players in some cases, such as when you were wearing too many pieces of Heavy Armor, or when player targets had increases to Stealth Detection.

Edit:
    It can be leftover after testing the fix.
    Edited by Mayrael on April 25, 2023 1:00PM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now we need a pot that removes shields and purges for 15 seconds.
    Or how about a new potion - Dot-Away! :D
    Edited by Four_Fingers on April 25, 2023 1:03PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now we need a pot that removes shields and purges for 15 seconds.
    Or how about a new potion - Dot-Away! :D

But remember that these potions cannot counter the use of shields or purge. They should work like detection potions, meaning that player A casts a shield, spends resources, the shield is visually present, but when player B attacks him, the shield disappears and player A takes damage.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

When you use stealth you'll get opening eye but when you use cloak, vampire invisibility or potion you'll get no warning.
    Wow... I am kinda speechless :open_mouth:

OK, If someone is reading this, here is a short experiment you can do even on a live server. All you will need is to have Lethal Arrow (Snipe morph).
    1. Find a bunch of mobs anywhere in overland (or at least one).
    2. Move away to the point where Lethal Arrow will be out of range, then go back and stop as soon as Lethal Arrow lights up and will be in range again.
    3. Now run towards the mob (without any speed buff and sprint) and count how many seconds it took.
    4. Kill the mob so it would not snare you. Don't loot the mob so that it corpse will remain on the ground.
    5. Multiple the amount of seconds you have counted by 2.8 .
    6. Run in a straight line in any direction with constant speed for the duration of seconds.
    7. The distance you are at from the dead mob is more or less 100 meters - the new detect potions radius.
    Bonus: Can you even see the mob ? Is it even still rendered by the game engine ? Yeah...

I am pretty sure it is an oversight & something not intended lol :joy:
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 25, 2023 1:14PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Wow... I am kinda speechless :open_mouth:

OK, If someone is reading this, here is a short experiment you can do even on a live server. All you will need is to have Lethal Arrow (Snipe morph).
    1. Find a bunch of mobs anywhere in overland (or at least one).
    2. Move away to the point where Lethal Arrow will be out of range, then go back and stop as soon as Lethal Arrow lights up and will be in range again.
    3. Now run towards the mob (without any speed buff and sprint) and count how many seconds it took.
    4. Kill the mob so it would not snare you. Don't loot the mob so that it corpse will remain on the ground.
    5. Multiple the amount of seconds you have counted by 2.8 .
    6. Run in a straight line in any direction with constant speed for the duration of seconds.
    7. The distance you are at from the dead mob is more or less 100 meters - the new detect potions radius.
    Bonus: Can you even see the mob ? Is it even still rendered by the game engine ? Yeah...

I am pretty sure it is an oversight & something not intended lol :joy:

As I mentioned earlier I hope it is some leftover after fix to this:
    Fixed an issue where sources of Invisibility from things such as Shadow Cloak or potions could still allow you to be detected by other players in some cases, such as when you were wearing too many pieces of Heavy Armor, or when player targets had increases to Stealth Detection.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this were real I can guarantee people still wouldn't use detect pots lol

This 100%.

The fact no one uses detect pots already is silly.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's like every destroyer in the fleet had no sonar, then they all got advanced sonar. Not good for the submariners.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    100 meters is so ridiculous, it HAS to be a mistake.
    I mean, even for the user it's worthless. There's a nightblade in the same zip code! You still don't know where or what he's doing, but you can be paranoid for an extra long time now!
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some players can't even watch 100 meters far with their PC's :D
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, even for the user it's worthless. There's a nightblade in the same zip code! You still don't know where or what he's doing, but you can be paranoid for an extra long time now!

I don't get what you're saying. Do you know how detection potions work?
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »

Going to be real honest, not a clue
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »

Going to be real honest, not a clue

Well then for your info the way a detect pot works means that anyone in stealth, whether just crouching or using a skill/potion to go invisible, would be revealed to everyone anytime they got within 100m of someone with the detect active.
    As someone else said, it would be the equivalent of having a potion that when drank would make any enemy shields dissolve upon being cast without absorbing any damage any time they got within 100m.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who cares if they can see you 100m away? Assuming they can in any case (LoS, graphics capability).

By the time you get close the 15 seconds will be up, they will be on a 30 second cool down, and you hit cloak..
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Isn't that basically what some players have been asking for?

Yeah. think twice before you make a wish. It might be granted.

To be honest there will always be players in a competition who complain about an unfair advantage. I strongly recommend to try this so-called favored class oneself to see if this is just an issue of perception or if there is a real foundation to the claim.

Strange however that the devs so quickly concede on such claims while on other issues they just don't react at all.
This discussion has been closed.